OU Team for beginners

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's going on handsome gamers?
Today , I'm going to post a team that is going to help you get better at OU.
This team is pretty straight forward , and it pretty easy to use , so you shouldn't have problems while using it.
For those of you that don't think this team is very solid , I'm currently on a 18 win streak with it ;) (1450 rating) , and I haven't lost more than 3 pokemons on any battle :)
Here's the team :
(Manectric) @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Mega-Manectric is going to be our mega , and he's also going to play a very important role in the team , as a very fast "wallbreaker" , that also has intimidate , which is super useful , because when you come in on something that has earthquake , you can probably take it , if this earthquake is "non-stab" , and Mega-Manectric on top of that has Volt switch , so it makes a great lead against 80% of the teams , but I wouldn't lead with it if the enemy is running a ground type that can also take a hp ice (like Hippowdon ,Swampert or Mamoswine)

(Conkeldurr) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch

AV Conkeldurr, one of the best sets in OU in my honest opinion , this guy is vital to the team , because it's a very good , very bulky physical "wallbreaker", takes hits for days , and can retaliate with a very powerful hit, and he also has access to recovery (in the form of drain punch) and a stab priority (Mach Punch).
About Guts you can change it to Iron fists but I wouldn't recommend it , because guts allows you to come in on scalds, Lava Plumes and Will-o-Wisp , and Guts Conkeldurr poops on Rotom-Wash , which is the most used Pokémon in OU...

(Slowbro) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Toxic
- Slack Off

Slowbro is just a boss, people underestimate his bulk , but he can tare teams apart , this our designated physical wall , and it takes care of most of the dragons in the tier (Salamence, Garchomp, Dragonite) as well as big threats like Keldeo, Talonflame, Excadrill, Gyarados, Medicham and Landorus...
Slowbro is also very good because it gets access to the ability "Regenerator" and this ability makes you recover 33% of your health every time you switch out .
What makes Slowbro even more awesome in this team is the fact that you have intimidate on Mega-Manectric , and that makes Slowbro take super effective physical hits (such has knock off , u-turn and horn leech) without taking a huge amount of damage.
Be careful with special atackers like Hydreigon , Greninja or Gengar because Slowbro doesn't take special hits that well (because it has defensive investment).
You can also change his moveset.

(Heatran) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 248 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Earth Power

Heatran makes a pretty dope defensive core with Slowbro, because he can take Grass, Bug and Dark Pulses pretty dem well , and Slowbro can take Earthquakes , Fightning and Water moves all day every day.
I don't have much more to say about Heatran except that he puts rocks up and earth power with the 8 speed evs are there to make u Outspeed and kill/Deal big damage to other Heatrans, and he "Centergizes" (I don't know how to spell this word xD) with the rest of the team pretty Dem well

(Scizor) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- Defog

This Scizor is what I like to call " The Obligatory surprise element of the team" , because no one runs scarfed Scizor, but that doesn't mean that it isn't good, because it is ! Scizor is mainly there to make a "Volt-Turning" core with Manectric, and he also is our "emergency defoger" , because it's always nice to have the option to defog , specially considering our next element in the team :).

Black Dynamite (Dragonite) @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed

This our final element, I was looking at the rest of the team , and I was thinking :"What does this team need?" and I realized that this team was missing a late game "Set-up" Sweeper , and a Flying type , so I decided to go with Dragonite , because I've never used him before in competitive battling , and I got to admit, it isn't that good ... But it's still pretty good.
Be careful while playing D-nite and make sure that your Multiscale is Intact , because that allows you to take half of the normal damage you would take on your first hit.
Dragon Dance/ Scarfed Salamence would also be a good choice for this spot, but Dragonite has access to Extreme Speed (priority) which makes a lot of difference.
Make sure you play this Pokémon correctly , because if you will , you will serve the BBC to a lot of people .

Well, hope you guys enjoyed the team , and give it a go , it's a very solid and easy to use team :) !
If you guys have any suggestion/Question , reply to this topic and I'll try to answer it .
If You Want me to share my best teams tell me in the "Comments" :)

See You later Aligator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)