Other Metagames Teambuilding Shop!

Status
Not open for further replies.

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
Approved by the always amazing Eevee General on PS.
OP is completely original cuz I'm awesome like that, and stealing is a crime :0

Other Metagames Teambuilding Shop
Version 2.0

Insert Cool Banner Here Maybe, feel free to submit one :)
Have a Pokemon you really love, but aren't the best teambuilder? Have a core you know is good, but don't know how to support it? Drop it off at the shop! Our decorated group of excellent mechanics (experienced OM Players) will take your suggestions and build a team for you, in any metagame of your choosing!

The Details:

• First, tell us what tier you want a team for. This can be Almost Any Ability (AAA), STABmons, Monotype, Tier Shift, Inverse Battles, or Balanced Hackmons (BH)
  • Next, tell us the Pokemon you wish for us to build around. This can be up to 2 Pokemon, and you can suggest possible sets for them as well, although we mechanics reserve the right to change the Pokemon/moves if they are outclassed or aren't meaningful.
  • Lastly, you wait. We may have stuff going on irl, so don't expect your team right away, especially if you want us to test it and make sure it can be competitive.
  • Then you get your team!
The Mechanics:
I have assembled a team of experienced OM players to help build and test your team. The crew is as follows:
Me (InfernapeTropius11, Monotype)
Dream Eater Gengar (Monotype)
E4 Flint (BH)
Eevee General (STABmons)
unfixable (STABmons)
Adrian Marin (BH)
Peef Rimgar (Tier Shift)
Kingslayer2779 (Tier Shift)
aesf (AAA)
Kl4ng (Inverse)

Format: Let's try and keep this thread looking nice--here is a suggested format to make your post look pretty :)

Tier:
Sprite(s) of Pokemon:
(sprites can be found here, although feel free to use your own: http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/xyani/)
Sets: (optional)
Short Description: (explain why you want this/these Pokemon)
Playstyle: (for example, you can ask for a stall team if that is your preferred playstyle. But don't ask for Pokemon that don't fit that playstyle, such as stall with Mega Beedrill <.<)

Tier: AAA
Ability: Adaptability
Description: Infernape is my favourite Pokemon, and it is a pretty solid, fast mixed attacker. With Adaptability boosting all of its STAB moves, Infernape can become a solid nuke. With coverage such as Thunder Punch for Pokemon like Suicune, as well as decent priority, Infernape is a solid Pokemon in AAA and I would like to use it on a competitive team.

Rules:
  • Please post only one set/core every four days. If you were to do it more often, the thread would get cluttered, posts would be missed, and we would be overloaded with work, so this is just a rule of respect for your fellow OMs players.
  • Please only post Pokemon with notable niches. I understand that you may want a team built around your favourite Pokemon, but sometimes this Pokemon is simply 100% outclassed (for example, Sunflora is totally outclassed by Victreebel or Venusaur as a Sun sweeper on mono-Grass). A good way to figure out if a Pokemon is viable or not is to check on that tier's viability rankings, or ask in the OMs room on Pokemon Showdown.
  • Maximum two Pokemon per request. This has been sorta covered already, but the main reason for this is so you leave us some room to build, as some Pokemon do need a lot of support to be made viable.
  • No bashing other people or teams. This thread will likely be full of people who are new to a specific OM or OMs in general, so bashing them for their lack of experience is strictly prohibited. Feel free to offer constructive criticism if you have a suggestion to improve a core/team but do so politely. Likewise, users who the teams have been built for should feel free to post any changes they made to the teams to improve them and help them succeed in their battles, but again, do so respectfully.
  • No one-liners, especially if you are suggesting a change. Saying something like "Why would you use Pokemon X?" and nothing else is a post that will be deleted once I figure out how to do that or tell Eevee to hehe.
  • Keep in mind that we don't have very long to make the teams, so while they will be competitive, don't expect to get to #1 on the ladder and get an undefeated record with them. Some stuff may still need tweaking, which is up to you to do with playtesting.
  • Mechanics can ask for teams as well (you're welcome Eevee <3)

#FIRSTTHREADHYPE :0

If you have any questions feel free to PM me and I'll try to answer them :)

Current Reserve List:

Last edited:

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
Reserved for archive
I've always wanted to reserve a post :3

Almost Any Ability:

Made by aesf

So I didn't really want to make a generic HO team because those are honestly boring af, so I decided to try something different, while still trying to make something that's worthy of being posted here. I'll explain each pokemon (no defog because of deoxys-d, plus there are two spinblockers)

Mold Breaker Deoxys-D - Gengar's skill swap forces tons of switches, and I feel like the prevalence of defog skarmory really hurts Deoxys-S, so I chose Deoxys-D, the much bulkier version that can still be fast, still has taunt, but now is actually able to get up more than 1 hazard against teams with gale wings by utilizing red card. Thunder wave was added because Gengar greatly benefits from outspeeding things, and I didn't want deoxys-d to become set up fodder against faster threats once the red card was used.

Contrary Spinda - Alright, I have reasons as to why I chose this ridiculously pathetic bear. First off, like I said, I didn't feel like making a cookie-cutter HO team, so I wanted to branch out a little more for defog blocking. I ended up deciding, for some reason, that spinda would be pretty funny to use. I remembered that one trace porygon2 in STABmons, where an azumarill uses entrainment on something, and then porygon2 traces huge power, and I wanted to do something similar. Spinda can skill swap contrary onto stuff, which allows a trace pokemon to have a field day (it's also pretty funny when that now-contrary pokemon goes for a set up move). But that's not where it ends; Spinda can actually take a defog to boost its evasion, and then baton pass that out into something else, which is always fun.

Trace Dragonite - I chose dragonite as a trace mon, and to be honest, it's a really good contrary abuser. Draco/Superpower allows me to keep getting more and more powerful while superpower boosts defenses. Extremespeed is good for getting the jump on the priority spammers of the tier, while Roost boosts longevity.

Flash Fire Doublade - Walls half the tier. It's a nice catch all to what can otherwise end up being pretty annoying.

Desolate Land Heatran - I just slap this set on most of my teams when I don't feel like finding something that beats PH Vape, Suicune, Skarmory, Manaphy, etc. while simultaneously 'gluing' the team together. It just fits on any team, really.
Gengar @ Black Sludge
Ability: Normalize
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Skill Swap
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb

Deoxys-Defense @ Red Card
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Thunder Wave

Spinda @ Focus Sash
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Skill Swap
- Encore
- Baton Pass
- Wish

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpA
Naughty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Superpower
- ExtremeSpeed
- Roost

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Pursuit
- Gyro Ball
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 248 HP / 232 SpA / 28 SpD
Modest Nature
- Magma Storm
- Metal Sound
- Earth Power
- Substitute

Zapdos @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Roost
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Defog

Dragonite @ Choice Specs
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 236 HP / 20 Atk / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Hurricane
- Thunder
- Draco Meteor
- Earthquake

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 16 HP / 252 SpA / 240 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Thunder
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Double Trouble (Doublade) @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- Pursuit
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword

macle (Greninja) @ Life Orb
Ability: Tinted Lens
EVs: 20 Def / 252 SpA / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Toxic Spikes
- Ice Beam

Swampert @ Swampertite
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Superpower

In-Depth Team Explanation:

Zapdos was chosen over Rotom-W as it has access to Roost and Defog, which means it can both last longer and provide critical Defog support for the team, which would have a hard time dealing with hazards otherwise. Maximum defense means it can come in on many things and set up rain before Volt Switching out, and Hidden Power Ice gives it a way to hit Zygarde and Garchomp, who both come in for free and set up otherwise.

I decided on Gale Wings for Dragonite, as most Gale Wings counters are only prepared for Brave Bird and are in general utterly devastated by special sets. I decided to change Surf for Earthquake if you don't mind, as otherwise Desolate Land Heatran essentially has a free switch-in, being immune to surf, resisting Draco Meteor and Hurricane while reducing the latter's accuracy to 70% again, and knocking Thunder down to 50% accuracy (Note that you can still hit Levitate Heatran, as it takes a fair bit from Thunder and doesn't reduce its accuracy). 20 attack EVs may seem odd with a modest nature, but it guarantees the OHKO on 4HP Heatran. Rest is invested in Special Attack and bulk.

Swift Swim Magnezone is a Pokemon I really enjoy for destroying priority spam teams and that I think you'll enjoy using as well. Resisting every common form of priority in AAA, Magnezone manhandles offensive teams. Take a look at these calcs:
252+ Atk Choice Band Braviary Brave Bird vs. 16 HP / 0 Def Magnezone: 69-81 (24.2 - 28.4%) -- 97.1% chance to 4HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Refrigerate Genesect Extreme Speed vs. 16 HP / 0 Def Magnezone: 71-84 (24.9 - 29.4%) -- 100% chance to 4HKO

Without priority it is very difficult to outspeed Magnezone without a Scarf, so the opponent will usually be forced to take a STAB Specs Thunder off of base 130 special attack before attacking, which I don't think I need to demonstrate the power of with calcs. HP Grass hits Motor Drive Manaphy, which is infuriatingly common nowadays and can easily switch in if Magnezone opts for HP Ice.

Flash Fire Doublade is needed to stop Desolate Land Victini, which absolutely curbstomps this team otherwise, given Desolate Land can't be negated by Zapdos and it cuts off Swift Swim. Pursuit is there because killing Victini is good, and the rest of the moves and EVs are fairly self-explanatory.

When's the last time you saw a Greninja without Protean? Greninja is actually a very solid choice on rain teams, as it is the fastest Water type and when backed up by rain its Tinted Lens Hydro Pumps can destroy worlds. Toxic Spikes is an E4 Flint approved move that can cripple most stall Pokemon that aren't using PH, and unless your opponent chooses Chansey as their bouncer (rare) Greninja will often be able to get a layer up as the pink blob attempts to wall it. Dark Pulse is there because STAB and Ice Beam for coverage.

Finally we have Swampert, which is pretty much the only mega you'll see on a rain team. Drizzle before mega evolution can help as you don't need to switch Zapdos in early, and after mega evolving Swampert just kills stuff. Stealth Rock is there because this is Smogon and we need Stealth Rock on every team, and the rest of the moves are fairly straightforward.

I played a few games with the team to test it out, though I haven't saved them. I could make a few if you want to see the team in action though.

Monotype:

Made by me, InfernapeTropius11
Hey vanderlylic! Here is your grass team:

Cradily @ Leftovers
Ability: Suction Cups
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Curse
- Recover
- Seed Bomb
- Rock Slide

Like you requested, this is a Curse Suction Cups Cradily. The team was built around stalling threats to death and then hopefully setting Cradily up for a sweep. Watch out for status though, especially poison and burn, as they strip you of health and burns neuter your attack. The rest of the set is pretty simply, you get some recovery for stalling, and 2 STABs. I chose to make it physically defensive to help out against Victini and other strong physical attackers.

Trevenant @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Harvest
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Leech Seed
- Phantom Force
- Will-O-Wisp

I chose Trevenant over Gourgeist as it is easier to use and has more SpD (plus Gourgeist is pretty meh on Grass in general). This is a rather cool set I have been wanting to try for a while, and it totally dismantles Baton Pass teams, such as QuiverPass Poison, as if Curse doesn't kill the passer, it kills the receivor in 4-5 turns. Leech Seed is for some recovery, and WoW is to neuter physical attackers. Phantom Force is a 2-turn move that has STAB, makes you not Taunt bait, and stalls for passive damage/recovery. If you don't like how much health you lose through Curse, Substitute is another option that protects you from crits and getting overpowered. You could also use Sub over Leech Seed and rely solely on Sitrus Berry + Harvest for recovery, although this is only good in a few situations.

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Leech Seed

I didn't want to go too generic, so I tried Celebi first, but tbh, Mega Venusaur's stalling ability on Grass is too much to pass up. With Thick Fat and excellent all around bulk allowing it to check the dangerous Ice and Fire types that threaten the team, as well as being a reliable special wall, it truly is great on Grass. It can even stall entire unprepared teams lol. Leech Seed and Synthesis are for recovery and stalling, while Giga Drain and Sludge Bomb are useful STABs for their extra effects. Giga Drain recovers MORE health, and Sludge Bomb has a 30% poison chance, and also helps in the mirror matchup.

Ferrothorn @ Focus Sash
Ability: Iron Barbs
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Thunder Wave

I inserted this spiny thing as a Rocks setter next, to get passive damage with the switching you force. I used Sash to guarantee Rocks at least once, which is very helpful against types such as Fire and Bug. Leech Seed and Protect is for stalling and Thunder Wave + Sash is your main way to stop Victini from sweeping you.

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spore
- Clear Smog
- Giga Drain
- Toxic

This is the emergency check to any set up sweeper. With Spore and Clear Smog halting opposing momentum and Clear Smog removing boosts, it is really annoying :) Giga Drain is obviously for recovery and this is the main user of Toxic on the team. Regenerator is also an amazing ability, allowing you to switch to your other walls AND recover health simultaneously.

Shiftry @ Leftovers
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 52 HP / 252 Atk / 204 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Knock Off
- Defog
- Toxic

While not necessarily a defensive Pokemon, Shiftry functions as a decent utility mon and a way to revenge kill Zard-Y. The given EVs allow it to outspeed Scarftini in Sun and bop it with Rock Slide, while also outspeeding and killing Zard-Y. Knock Off helps by removing Leftovers so opponents are stalled easier, while Defog prevents your team being worn down as you switch between walls. Toxic is there simply to spread status and give it something to do in matches where hazards aren't up and you don't need to kill anything.

The main function of the team is to status as much stuff as possible, then Seed them, wearing down the opponents through bucketloads of passive damage.
Victini: It can literally V-Create the shit out of everything on this team, switching out to teammates. Your best bet is to sack Ferrothorn to Paralyze it so Cradily and Shiftry can Rock Slide it.

Poison: Poison monos are annoying, as Tentacruel and Weezing spread burns that wear you down and cancel out Leech Seed recovery. Tentacruel also has Liquid Ooze, and they can't be Toxiced. This is where SubCurse Trevenant is great, as if it gets up a Sub it can stall out both of them via Curse damage. Otherwise, you have to burn them, and hopefully kill Tenta with Seed Bomb, and Weezing with Leech Seed+burn damage (watch out for Pain Split though, it's annoying asf).

Zard X: After a DD or two, it runs through the team. Your best bet is once again to T Wave it and then kill it with Rock Slide.

Now, MadMayMason, here is your Monotype Psychic team!

Meloetta @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Heal Bell
- Thunderbolt
- Psyshock
- Dazzling Gleam

Medicham @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Bullet Punch
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch

Cresselia @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Calm Nature
- Toxic
- Protect
- Moonlight
- Moonblast

Slowbro @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Slack Off
- Scald
- Calm Mind

Latios @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Trick
- Defog

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Roost
- Knock Off

This is a bulky offense team based around Mega Medicham wallbreaking with a bulky offensive Meloetta. Meloetta functions as the team cleric and the special wallbreaker, hitting mons such as Slowbro and Mega Sableye that would otherwise wall Mega Medicham very hard. MegaCham uses double priority to break sashes with the main move being HJK to pretty much nuke everything. Ice Punch is there for Gliscor and Lando-T. I didn't have Cresselia on the first team I made around this, but I added it later to function as a relatively safe Zard Y switch in from full. It can switch in, Protect, recover, then Toxic stall it out. It can Toxic stall a ton of special attackers with its massive bulk. Moonblast is for Dark types such as Mega Sableye and Hydreigon, although you can change that to a Psychic STAB if you would like (I prefer Moonblast personally though). Slowbro gives the team a reliable physical wall and it spreads paralysis to allow Mega Medicham to wallbreak faster mons and kill Scarfers. Scald is annoying and CM allows you to become a late game sweeper. Latios serves as a fast Defogger and revenge killer while being able to cripple stallmons simultaneously. Scarf Defog may seem weird but a majority of the time yo can dump the Scarf, and if you reveal Defog not many people will expect it to be choice-locked. Stallbreaker Mew is a mon that I personally love and the mon that wraps up this team. It can make a decent anti-lead and with Taunt/WoW/Roost can stall out many physical attackers on its own. This is a pretty solid team that I had fun testing n_n

Bug teams can be a threat, especially ones with Band Scizor, as it can threaten even Slowbro with U-Turn. Lum Berry Volcarona is also annoying.

Fire teams with a well played Zard Y/Victini (and Volc too) can be a pain to fight--keeping Latios alive for Victini and Cress for Zard Y is key

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-234454275
Replay vs. franky and a mirror match, shows how great Cress' special bulk is (tanking them hits from Mega Alakazam all day long)

Alright Gigglewithme here is your Dark monotype team!

So this is a balanced team based around Sableye and Mandibuzz walling and Sharpedo or Bisharp cleaning up late-game. Sableye is the stallbreaker non-Mega set, as while I tried the CM Mega wincon set, it didn't mesh with this team very well. The Will-o-Wisp/Taunt combo is very annoying to face and turns Sableye into a great anti-lead if you don't think Tyranitar will be able to get up rocks. It also prevents you from auto-losing to Fighting-types such as Terrakion and Breloom. Recover is mandatory, and Knock Off is generally annoying. Mandibuzz is also a physical wall, countering Pokemon such as Landorus-T, Heracross, and Hawlucha. It can Toxic stall opposing threats, but make sure you don't Poison Pokemon you want to Burn. Brave Bird is the last move to hit the Fighting types it counters, Roost is obligatory recovery for a wall, and Defog assists the team by removing hazards. Tyranitar is very important, as it is your Rocker. It is a great help against Fire, and can Pursuit trap Pokemon as well. Crunch and Stone Edge are strong STAB attacks. Sharpedo acts as a great cleaner against offensive teams. It should generally be brought in against a slower, weakened Pokemon to get Speed Boosts, then try and finish up with its STABs. Zen Headbutt is for Keldeo mainly, as you will almost always lose to it otherwise. Since this team lacks a Mega, you CAN run Sharpedonite over Life Orb on Sharpedo if you would like. Hydreigon is the sole special attacker of the team and is Scarfed to act as a revenge killer. Its STABs are obvious, and then Earth Power and Fire Blast hit threats such as Mega Diancie, Heatran, and Ferrothorn. Bisharp is the final member of the team, and is a generic set. It acts as a great wincon against slower teams, as after an SD, it can wreck with STAB Knock Off. Sucker Punch makes it not dead weight against offense, and Iron Head is another STAB.

Sableye @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Knock Off
- Taunt

Mandibuzz @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Defog
- Roost
- Brave Bird

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit

Sharpedo @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Zen Headbutt

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power

Bisharp @ Lum Berry
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Knock Off

THREATS: Keldeo, and in particular the Scarf set, is very hard for this team to deal with. Rock Polish Mega Diancie also puts in work, 6-0ing you if it gets up that Rock Polish. Bug teams are also annoying, but can be played around. Keeping Sharpedo alive is key in this matchup, and same with Mandibuzz (who needs to wall Scizor/Mega Pinsir/Heracross). Tyranitar with Rocks and nailing stuff with Stone Edge also helps.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-241442654

Hope you like the team! Have fun trying it out n_n
Sableye @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Knock Off
- Taunt

Mandibuzz @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
Bold Nature
- Foul Play
- Defog
- Roost
- Brave Bird

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Fire Blast

Sharpedo @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Zen Headbutt

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power

Bisharp @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Knock Off

STABmons:
Made by unfixable
Hiya Grurk! I've made a team for this core:

http://pastebin.com/HCBffBZe

Here's some raw hyperoffense for you! The basic idea of this team is to keep up momentum via Greninja / Thundurus / Landorus-T and get right into Gothitelle to trap whatever comes in. Think about it. What likes switching into Greninja? Well, not much, but a first thought is Chansey, which Gothitelle happens to beat. Terrakion patches that up fairly easily as well, and covers Ferrothorn for you. Thundurus is incredibly crucial for this team, as it's the prime check for Mega Aerodactyl and is able to cripple it via Prankster Thunder Wave. Otherwise, it can be a bit rough to face. To patch this up, you can change Terrakion to a Choice Scarf set, but it loses its wallbreaking prowess by doing so. Gothitelle works well on this speedy team because a common problem of Gothitelle being used is that its Speed isn't what offense teams wants; and well, it's the only Pokemon on the team without real Speed! However, I don't like Gothitelle so much because it's very matchup based and it kills momentum if you don't keep momentum into it. I believe this team allows it to function, though, even with these flaws. Aegislash works well because this team pressures its typical checks, such as Quagsire, Landorus-T, and Hippowdon, while Aegislash completes the synergy of the team, taking on Ice-, Rock-, and Fighting-type attacks for the rest of the team.

For the individual sets, Aegislash runs a tad unconventional of a set, but it's still an effective set and I chose to run it on this team because Destiny Bond takes down Landorus-T and really anything it wants. Shadow / Fighting is excellent coverage, and smacks Ferrothorn, which can be quite annoying. Destiny Bond excels on a Pokemon with 60 / 50 / 50 defenses because any light nudge is going to knock the sword out. Gothitelle is a standard Gothitelle. Trick on walls, Psystrike on normal things, etc. Thunderbolt is not run on this set because it does not hit anything relevant, and I also have Thundurus anyways, so Hidden Power Fire is better to hit Magnezone and Ferrothorn especially. Landorus-T, originally Landorus, provides momentum and Defog support. Offensive Defog is incredibly underrated, but it's necessary on a team such as this. Before this, I had a Rock Polish Landorus, but I noticed that a.) Mega Aerodactyl is annoying as hell, b.) entry hazards are annoying as hell, and c.) this team lacked a solid glue; there comes Landorus-T! Thundurus pivots, spread paralysis, and keeps itself alive through the way. Magnet is chosen over Life Orb so it doesn't get worn down incredibly quickly, and Oblivion Wing helps even more. Greninja is a typical Greninja, but with Parting Shot as the "filler" slot. Spreading Dark Void and pivoting into eAegislash is the way to go, and will ease set up for both, and could win games! Terrakion is the team's Stealth Rock setter and provides a crucial Fighting-type to the team. Taunt shuts down stall teams, which get ran over by this team anyways aha, but there isn't really a better choice. Choice Scarf Terrakion could be used if you want, but it's not as good and you lose Rocks in the process.

Basically, keep up momentum, trap walls, and get into a sweeper of your choice. Hope the team serves you well!

Akumeoy sorry for the delay!

First impression: I had a hard time building for this. Defiant is cool, but I'd recommend swapping Empoleon for a more standard set. 86 Attack just isn't great even if you get a Defiant boost or set up a Shift Gear. Defiant Thundurus is the better user, but honestly I found myself wanting Prankster more often and a special set to take advantage of Oblivion Wing.

Teambuilding: To take advantage of Defiant I have two hazard setters: Stealth Rock Infernape and Spikes Tyranitar. Infernape is a decent lead with Focus Sash and we needed a special Fire type so this team wasn't hard walled by Ferrothorn. Tyranitar makes a nice Thundurus check and can Pursuit trap it, which KOs after SR. I picked Mega Gyara as the Greninja "check" which can handle most non-Nasty Plot sets and any that lack Low Kick. Mega Gyara also switches into any of Quagsire's attacks and sets up with ease. Plus it can take on Sableye and bait a Parting Shot for the Defiant users. I added Amoonguss to pair with Mega Gyara since it can handle Fighting, Fairy, Electric, and Grass attackers. In the replays you'll see Amoonguss actually performed decently; much better than I had anticipated.

Suggestions: Empoleon and Thundurus synergize well, but not in this capacity. I'd switch to a bulky special attacking Emp with Doom Desire/Roar/King's Shield/Scald and a mixed Thundurus. I also didn't fit in any hazard removal, but if you have Oblivion Wing on Thundurus SR isn't a big concern.

Replays: (Sorry, most of these are low ladder)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/stabmons-231699248 - Opponent forfeits after Gyara sets up
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/stabmons-231709269 - Lost turn 1
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/stabmons-231713878 - Opp forfeited early
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/stabmons-231715032 - This one nearly finishes
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/stabmons-231706190 - vs. Peef's gimmicky team (I should have Rested after the second DD!)

Empoleon @ Life Orb / Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Water Shuriken
- Gear Grind
- Shift Gear
- Earthquake

I had Grass Knot on here but Gyarados already takes care of Quagsire.

Thundurus (M) @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Bolt Strike
- Dragon Ascent
- U-turn / Knock Off
- Superpower / Knock Off

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 92 SpD / 168 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Crunch
- Dragon Dance

168 Speed beats Aerodactyl after a Dragon Dance. If you switch out Empoleon to special, replace Crunch with Waterfall and bump the Speed to 172 to outspeed Mega Ttar at +1.

Amoonguss @ Leftovers / Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Giga Drain
- Foul Play
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Spikes
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Diamond Storm

Infernape @ Focus Sash
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Blue Flare / Searing Shot
- Close Combat
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stealth Rock

I am not a teambuilder but I have a team with these two pokemon on it, so I might as well post it.

Team Explanation:

The team is designed around sweeping with either mega sceptile or sand rush excadrill. They are supported in breaking down balance and stall teams by heavy hitters life orb lure tyranitar, choice band azumarill, landorus and doomshuffle heatran.

Note, for mega sceptile I am using a normal set because I am confused about what sub seed does, but you can change the set if you want. Mega sceptile has a standard spore 3 attacks set that is great at sweeping offensive teams or basically any team without solid answers like chansey or amoonguss, but feel free to change it to the sub seed set if you want. Heatran is there as a solid switch in to many pokemon, the most important of which for my team are mega scizor (sort of), thundurus, latios, gengar, and special shell smashers and geomancy users. It is also an excellent stallbreaker; you all know what doom desire heatran does.

Excadrill is a 4 attacks sand rush set with just plain earthquake and iron head, because I dislike missing on a pokemon that is supposed to clean weakened teams. I used this pokemon just to try it out, and it does work pretty well. Tyranitar is there to support excadrill with sand, and to lure in common excadrill and azumarill counters or checks with fire blast and ice beam, such as landorus-t, ferrothorn, scizor and skarmory. It also provides priority support with sucker punch and a solid check to talonflame.

Choice band azumarill is an excellent wallbreaker and one of the best pokemon in the meta right now, it is extremely spamable on most teams. The few pokemon that can wall it, skarmory and ferrothorn, get lured by tyranitar or dealt with by heatran. Landorus is similar to azumarill on the special side and is walled by very little outside of chansey, although hurricane accuracy is a problem. I have rocks on landorus because it can easily force switches and find an opportunity to get them up often.
Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Hurricane
- Oblivion Wing
- Stealth Rock

Tyranitar @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Diamond Storm
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Sceptile @ Sceptilite
Timid Nature
- Spore
- Seed Flare
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast

Heatran @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Doom Desire
- Lava Plume
- King's Shield
- Roar

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Atk / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crabhammer
- Play Rough
- Water Shuriken
- Extreme Speed

wow this team is probably better than the one i built :,(

i gave my team to eevee via showdown, but here's the team:

This team takes a different approach to Pagoose's in that it's not Sand, which you can see right off the bat! Instead of the Azumarill, I decided to take a different approach and go with Gyarados. Gyarados is 4x weak to Electric-types attack, which allow Mega Sceptile to raise more easily. Furthermore, Ground-types think twice against Heatran thanks to Gyarados, which is why I chose it over Azumarill. Anyways! Mega Sceptile is SubSeed, as Eevee requested. I chose to run Giga Drain + DPulse instead of Spore, and instead run Sleep on Kangaskhan. Kangaskhan is the main form of priority on this team, and it does what standard Kangaskhan does but with Lovely Kiss to put its counters out of commission. Gyarados has a funky set, but it's a strong late-game cleaner without being worried about priority (Dragon Ascent) or being worn down (Brave Bird). Acrobatics is just safer, and Stealth Rock + Substitute will put it in the "Acrobatics-ready" range. Heatran is standard. Terrakion provides Stealth Rock. Roar is used as a filler move, to catch a switch in (like Skarmory) off guard, though it's not super important. Can be switched for EQ / HP Ice if ya want. Clefable is spreading paralysis and is then sweeping later in the match once Heatran has been removed. Kind of a glue, I'd say. Powerful Fairy-type imo :D.

Pagoose's team is rlly good tho ;o;.

Sceptile @ Sceptilite
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Spore
- Dragon Breath

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 140 SpD / 120 Spe
Calm Nature
- Doom Desire
- Lava Plume
- Roar
- King's Shield

Gyarados @ Sitrus Berry
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Acrobatics
- Taunt

Terrakion @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Close Combat
- Diamond Storm
- Taunt

Kangaskhan (F) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Scrappy
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- ExtremeSpeed
- Drain Punch
- Lovely Kiss

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Fire Blast
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave

baconbagon:

I removed Dragon Claw because it doesn't really add anything crucial in terms of coverage that the team doesn't already offer. Serperior is running Hidden Power Ground to walk over Heatran once it's weakened, and is a back up for if Earthquake is not executed correctly. Uhh Rotom-W carries good synergy, pivots in and out, checks Mega Scizor. Hippowdon sets Spikes to wear things down gradually and is a nice wall. Secondary check to Mega Scizor. Clefable checks Thundurus, is a late-game cleaner, spreads para, etc. Fits well on this balanced team. Stoutland removes entry hazards for Char X and is nice in general as a revenge killer and form of priority. Pretty flexible and straightforward team.

Replay:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/stabmons-242154172

Tier Shift:

Made by Peef Rimgar
I decided to go with more of a balance route for this team, as opposed to your team with it that seemed to be more towards HO. This team got me to semi's in the TS daily which was conveniently right when I finished.

Emboar is as you specified, and has brought me surprising results. I didn't expect a damn thing of it and it can be a very easy win condition vs unprepared teams. It has pretty good coverage, and is just a walking nuke with Reckless Flare Blitz. Aromatisse was a really obvious choice for a teammate to me at least, as it can keep Emboar around for that much longer. Plus, keeping status off of the team is always nice. Ampharos is the Special win-condition usually. Agility Sheep is a really underrated threat right now, just given how hard it hits. It needs some stuff cleared, mainly spdef grasses, but once they're gone its all over. Shaymin is the cutest subseeder I've yet to test, and it isn't hard to see why. Sturdy 105/105/105 defenses, even unboosted, are gonna be hard to break, especially while it's outspeeding you and killing you slowly with subseed. It also has absolutely wonderful synergy with Emboar, as it can easily clear Alomomola and other waters. Latios helps break down any wall really, with hard hitting stabs for both ends of the spectrum. Plus, it's a cute option to keep hazards up. It helps chip away at amph's checks, too. Cobaelion here is a physical SD variant, with Magnet Rise as a nice little fuck you to stuff like Exca and Gliscor. Many of you know Cobalion is one of my favorite mons in the meta, and now you can see why.

All in all it's a pretty solid team, I haven't found any serious weaknesses, albeit flying types can be tricky.

Emboar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 28 HP / 252 Atk / 228 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Wild Charge
- Head Smash

Aromatisse @ Leftovers
Ability: Aroma Veil
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Aromatherapy
- Moonblast

Ampharos @ Ampharosite
Ability: Static
EVs: 32 HP / 252 SpA / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Agility
- Thunderbolt
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast

Shaymin @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Seed Flare
- Air Slash

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Defog

Cobalion @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Magnet Rise
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Close Combat

Made by: Peef Rimgar

I'm sorry this took so long, I've had a lot of IRL stuff going on the last few days. Plus this team was hard af to build for some reason.

I decided to go with a Heavy Offensive team for this core, as they're both very very great wallbreakers. For Landorus, I decided to go with the more powerful wallbreaking CM set, as it just makes stall nonexistant really (2HKOes Chansey!). You can use different coverage on it if you'd like but this is what I've found most effective. Feraligatr is the standard Dragon Dance set, which is a nuke to underprepared teams. Not much to say about it as it's pretty bone dry standard. To form a good core with Gatr, I put on Serperior next. Serperior nails a lot of Feraligatr's physically defensive grass checks/counters very hard, while gatr clears specially defensive fires. Toxicroak beats two very big threats to the team thus far: Keldeo and Sharpedo. It isn't the best mon in the meta, but it doesn what I need it to very well. Heatran is an offensive Air Balloon variant to help beat stuff like Talonflame, as well as mess with anything that wants to try and predict with EQ. Magneton is the team's scarfer, which can trap the likes of Scizor and co. while outspeeding and beating stuff like Talonflame. You COULD Re-EV to outspeed Tflame and put the rest in bulk, but I feel like that would miss outspeeding something so I went the safe route.

The team did pretty well in the practice I could get in, although as with a lot of my teams it is still a tad bird weak. An opposing Landorus could also cause problems, but those arent seen too often
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/tiershift-226364569
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/tiershift-226066582 (Prior Version)

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Calm Mind
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Wave

Feraligatr @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Ice Punch
- Crunch
- Waterfall

Serperior @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Substitute

Toxicroak @ Black Sludge
Ability: Dry Skin
Adamant Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Drain Punch

Heatran @ Air Balloon
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Stealth Rock

Magneton @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon

Made by: Peef Rimgar
This may be one of the better Tier Shift teams I've ever build to be honest, which caught me off guard bc I used some unconventional threats.

Hippowdon is sand. Simply put. It sets up sand for the other members while not dying. I decided to go with a specially defensive set vs a physically defensive one mainly due to A. my next mon being physically defensive and B. spdef sets already having quite a bit of physical bulk. It can easily get up sand 2-3 times minimum a game if played right. Cradily is a surprisingly effective tank, and can beat some solid mons too. With the sand boost and mad defense, nothing breaks through Cradily too easily. TBH I may've gotten the set from your post in Victim of the Week but shhhhh. Stoutland is part one of my two mon "Break Everything" core, and it has surprising results. It actually hits quite hard, and it gets hella good coverage between Play Rough and Superpower. It can tear down anything not Steel or Rock type with ease. Which is where part 2 of the core, Excadrill, comes in. Excadrill nails stuff like Diancie and such that Stoutland rlly doesn't wanna deal with. They work very well together, with Exca generally coming out early game and Stoutland late. Scizor is the best mega outside of Steelix (which I wanted to avoid) for sand and provides some pretty helpful pivoting utility into the sand core. Plus it has a hella defensive typing. Slowking was a last second choice to block fore types and pretty much any special offense not already covered in the team. I decided to go with Future Sight as it can be a really useful move to break down bulky mons and help clear a path for the sweepers late game.

The only issue I've had with this team so far is that rain is a nuisance, but thats a very out playstyle right now so you should be okay. Tornadus-T caused issue for me at one point, but the EVs for Slowking are now designed to live 2 Knock Offs.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/tiershift-226626442
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/tiershift-226631579
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/tiershift-226635277
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/tiershift-226639546

Hippowdon @ Smooth Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind

Cradily @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Earth Power
- Recover
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Stoutland @ Life Orb
Happiness: 0
Adamant Nature
- Frustration
- Crunch
- Play Rough
- Superpower

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Knock Off

Slowking @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 32 Def / 228 SpA
Modest Nature
- Future Sight
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast

Made by: Kingslayer2779

This team's strategy is fairly simple. Accelgor should always be the first pokemon out, and ideally it stacks a full set of spikes, but should get at least 2 out everytime. Then Emboar frequently comes out next, to provide massive offensive pressure, often forcing switches and and doing high amounts of damage. While the team is a hyper offense build, Rotom-W is a must have. It helps check the threatening weather teams Tier Shift is often known for. Rotom-W can single handily check whole sand teams with Hydro Pump+ Will-O-Wisp. It also checks Kabutops sweeps. Ludicolo is a problem however, but is beaten 1v1 by Tornadus-Therian. Bisharp can easily serve as a wincon on his own, with his Defiant punishing defogger users and enabling sweeps. Finally Altaria-Mega rounds out the team by cleaning out an opponent's team and keeping powerful Fire/Sun teams in check.
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/tiershift-226645161
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/tiershift-226643418

Accelgor @ Focus Sash
Ability: Unburden
Modest Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Encore
- Spikes
- Focus Blast

Bisharp @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Pursuit

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Cloud Nine
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 160 SpA / 132 SpD / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Emboar @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Wild Charge
- Earthquake

Chopin Alkaninoff

View attachment 42561 View attachment 42562View attachment 42563View attachment 42569View attachment 42570View attachment 42571

The requested core was Noviern and Magneton. The Noviern set supports this team as a fast taunt mon. Magneton+Beedrill is the real core here. Beedrill's biggest checks and counters are Steel types like Scizor and Skarmory which are trapped and removed by Magneton. Hitmonlee provides an offensive spinner to keep the ground clear for Beedrill. Victini provides rk/wallbreaking duties with it's powerful V-Create. Finally Ferrothorn checks the pesky Rain playstyle and provides hazard stacking.

Noivern @ Life Orb
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hurricane
- Taunt
- Roost

Magneton @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon

Beedrill-Mega @ Beedrillite
Ability: Adaptability
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Poison Jab
- Drill Run
- Protect

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Impish Nature
- Power Whip
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Leech Seed

Hitmonlee (M) @ Normal Gem
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin

Victini @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- Energy Ball
- U-turn

Balanced Hackmons:

Inverse Battle:

Last edited:

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I want first team :O I love these threads
On mobile so excuse my set formatting

Normalize skill swap gengar in AAA
Cool mon to screw with stall and steal momentum from opposing teams. Dies to birds, but so does everything else

Max speed max special 4 spdef timid black sludge skill swap/sub:
/shadow ball/sludge bomb

Tier: stabmons

reasons: a lot of what stops a sweep by aegislash is easily trapped by Gothitelle, and I really enjoy trapping Also after a set up sweeps easily due to it's resistance to priority.
playstyle:Ho

I want first team :O I love these threads
On mobile so excuse my set formatting

Normalize skill swap gengar in AAA
Cool mon to screw with stall and steal momentum from opposing teams. Dies to birds, but so does everything else

Max speed max special 4 spdef timid black sludge skill swap/sub:
/shadow ball/sludge bomb

So I didn't really want to make a generic HO team because those are honestly boring af, so I decided to try something different, while still trying to make something that's worthy of being posted here. I'll explain each pokemon (no defog because of deoxys-d, plus there are two spinblockers)

Mold Breaker Deoxys-D - Gengar's skill swap forces tons of switches, and I feel like the prevalence of defog skarmory really hurts Deoxys-S, so I chose Deoxys-D, the much bulkier version that can still be fast, still has taunt, but now is actually able to get up more than 1 hazard against teams with gale wings by utilizing red card. Thunder wave was added because Gengar greatly benefits from outspeeding things, and I didn't want deoxys-d to become set up fodder against faster threats once the red card was used.

Contrary Spinda - Alright, I have reasons as to why I chose this ridiculously pathetic bear. First off, like I said, I didn't feel like making a cookie-cutter HO team, so I wanted to branch out a little more for defog blocking. I ended up deciding, for some reason, that spinda would be pretty funny to use. I remembered that one trace porygon2 in STABmons, where an azumarill uses entrainment on something, and then porygon2 traces huge power, and I wanted to do something similar. Spinda can skill swap contrary onto stuff, which allows a trace pokemon to have a field day (it's also pretty funny when that now-contrary pokemon goes for a set up move). But that's not where it ends; Spinda can actually take a defog to boost its evasion, and then baton pass that out into something else, which is always fun.

Trace Dragonite - I chose dragonite as a trace mon, and to be honest, it's a really good contrary abuser. Draco/Superpower allows me to keep getting more and more powerful while superpower boosts defenses. Extremespeed is good for getting the jump on the priority spammers of the tier, while Roost boosts longevity.

Flash Fire Doublade - Walls half the tier. It's a nice catch all to what can otherwise end up being pretty annoying.

Desolate Land Heatran - I just slap this set on most of my teams when I don't feel like finding something that beats PH Vape, Suicune, Skarmory, Manaphy, etc. while simultaneously 'gluing' the team together. It just fits on any team, really.

Gengar @ Black Sludge
Timid Nature
- Skill Swap
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb

Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Thunder Wave

Spinda @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Skill Swap
- Encore
- Baton Pass
- Wish

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Naughty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Superpower
- ExtremeSpeed
- Roost

Doublade @ Eviolite
Brave Nature
- Pursuit
- Gyro Ball
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword

Heatran @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Magma Storm
- Metal Sound
- Earth Power
- Substitute

Or, if you actually want a generic HO team...
Deoxys-Speed @ Focus Sash
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Knock Off

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Jolly Nature
- Thunder Punch
- Iron Head
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake

Gengar @ Black Sludge
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Substitute
- Skill Swap

Braviary (M) @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Superpower
- Facade
- U-turn

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Roost
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Toxic

Victini @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Bolt Strike
- V-create
- Trick
- U-turn

replay
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/almostanyability-225047644
(versus bird spam team, also if i were to guess i'd say his team was 2 months old)

Tier Shift

Emboar @ Choice Scarf​
EVs: 28 HP / 252 Atk / 228 Spe (This can be changed, but it is set to speed creep +1 adamant mega gyarados)
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Wild Charge
- Head Smash
Choice Scarf Emboar is fairly good in Tier Shift due to its fairly high attack, high powered moves, and reckless. It is also a really cool pokemon.
NOT STALL

Tier: Monotype
Sprite(s) of Pokemon:
and
or

Sets:

Curse Cradily
Short Description: Cradily can be a great specially defensive wall for monograss, but is often overshadowed by Ferrothorn and Mega-Venusaur. It's neutral to three of grass's weaknesses (fire, flying, poison) and can be paired with Gourgeist (defensive wall) or Trevenant (harvester) to deal with its fighting and bug weaknesses. Making use of its suction cups ability alongside a curse set to boost its defensive and attacking presence could make it a useful pokemon outside of a stealth rock setter / toxic staller.
Playstyle: Stall

Gengar @ Black Sludge
Timid Nature
- Skill Swap
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb

Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Thunder Wave

Spinda @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Skill Swap
- Encore
- Baton Pass
- Wish

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Naughty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Superpower
- ExtremeSpeed
- Roost

Doublade @ Eviolite
Brave Nature
- Pursuit
- Gyro Ball
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword

Heatran @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Magma Storm
- Metal Sound
- Earth Power
- Substitute

Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Knock Off

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Jolly Nature
- Thunder Punch
- Iron Head
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake

Gengar @ Black Sludge
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Substitute
- Skill Swap

Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Superpower
- Facade
- U-turn

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Roost
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Toxic

Victini @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Bolt Strike
- V-create
- Trick
- U-turn

replay
(versus bird spam team, also if i were to guess i'd say his team was 2 months old)
Whoever that guy you played was amasing, I think the only reason he didn't 6-0 you is bc you had a deoxys-d with thunderwave and his genesect had leftovers.

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Gengar @ Black Sludge
Timid Nature
- Skill Swap
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb

Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Thunder Wave

Spinda @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Skill Swap
- Encore
- Baton Pass
- Wish

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Naughty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Superpower
- ExtremeSpeed
- Roost

Doublade @ Eviolite
Brave Nature
- Pursuit
- Gyro Ball
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword

Heatran @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Magma Storm
- Metal Sound
- Earth Power
- Substitute

Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Knock Off

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Jolly Nature
- Thunder Punch
- Iron Head
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake

Gengar @ Black Sludge
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Substitute
- Skill Swap

Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Superpower
- Facade
- U-turn

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Roost
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Toxic

Victini @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Bolt Strike
- V-create
- Trick
- U-turn

replay
SPIN TO WIN

I mean thanks, haven't played since aerilate and weavile got banned but I always liked gengar

Tier: stabmons

reasons: a lot of what stops a sweep by aegislash is easily trapped by Gothitelle, and I really enjoy trapping Also after a set up sweeps easily due to it's resistance to priority.
playstyle:Ho
Hiya Grurk! I've made a team for this core:

http://pastebin.com/HCBffBZe

Here's some raw hyperoffense for you! The basic idea of this team is to keep up momentum via Greninja / Thundurus / Landorus-T and get right into Gothitelle to trap whatever comes in. Think about it. What likes switching into Greninja? Well, not much, but a first thought is Chansey, which Gothitelle happens to beat. Terrakion patches that up fairly easily as well, and covers Ferrothorn for you. Thundurus is incredibly crucial for this team, as it's the prime check for Mega Aerodactyl and is able to cripple it via Prankster Thunder Wave. Otherwise, it can be a bit rough to face. To patch this up, you can change Terrakion to a Choice Scarf set, but it loses its wallbreaking prowess by doing so. Gothitelle works well on this speedy team because a common problem of Gothitelle being used is that its Speed isn't what offense teams wants; and well, it's the only Pokemon on the team without real Speed! However, I don't like Gothitelle so much because it's very matchup based and it kills momentum if you don't keep momentum into it. I believe this team allows it to function, though, even with these flaws. Aegislash works well because this team pressures its typical checks, such as Quagsire, Landorus-T, and Hippowdon, while Aegislash completes the synergy of the team, taking on Ice-, Rock-, and Fighting-type attacks for the rest of the team.

For the individual sets, Aegislash runs a tad unconventional of a set, but it's still an effective set and I chose to run it on this team because Destiny Bond takes down Landorus-T and really anything it wants. Shadow / Fighting is excellent coverage, and smacks Ferrothorn, which can be quite annoying. Destiny Bond excels on a Pokemon with 60 / 50 / 50 defenses because any light nudge is going to knock the sword out. Gothitelle is a standard Gothitelle. Trick on walls, Psystrike on normal things, etc. Thunderbolt is not run on this set because it does not hit anything relevant, and I also have Thundurus anyways, so Hidden Power Fire is better to hit Magnezone and Ferrothorn especially. Landorus-T, originally Landorus, provides momentum and Defog support. Offensive Defog is incredibly underrated, but it's necessary on a team such as this. Before this, I had a Rock Polish Landorus, but I noticed that a.) Mega Aerodactyl is annoying as hell, b.) entry hazards are annoying as hell, and c.) this team lacked a solid glue; there comes Landorus-T! Thundurus pivots, spread paralysis, and keeps itself alive through the way. Magnet is chosen over Life Orb so it doesn't get worn down incredibly quickly, and Oblivion Wing helps even more. Greninja is a typical Greninja, but with Parting Shot as the "filler" slot. Spreading Dark Void and pivoting into eAegislash is the way to go, and will ease set up for both, and could win games! Terrakion is the team's Stealth Rock setter and provides a crucial Fighting-type to the team. Taunt shuts down stall teams, which get ran over by this team anyways aha, but there isn't really a better choice. Choice Scarf Terrakion could be used if you want, but it's not as good and you lose Rocks in the process.

Basically, keep up momentum, trap walls, and get into a sweeper of your choice. Hope the team serves you well!

Last edited:

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
Alright, FaZe Mudkip requested this on PS, since he/she doesn't have a smogon account, so I'm posting this here for him/her :)
Tier: OMotM (Inheritance)

Playstyle: Stall/Balance
Description:
FaZe Mudkip: I really like the look of Ferrothorn (direct quote :O)
So yeah, we'll get to building this. Btw vanderlylic I'm almost done your Grass team :)

and

Tier: OMotM (Inheritance)
Playstyle:
Anything but Stall
Description:
Really want to use these two Pokemon but can't think of any good sets to use with Breloom. For Venusaur, I'm thinking about inheriting from Masquerain for Quiver Dance/Roost/Giga Drain.

Tier Shift

Emboar @ Choice Scarf​
EVs: 28 HP / 252 Atk / 228 Spe (This can be changed, but it is set to speed creep +1 adamant mega gyarados)
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Wild Charge
- Head Smash
Choice Scarf Emboar is fairly good in Tier Shift due to its fairly high attack, high powered moves, and reckless. It is also a really cool pokemon.
NOT STALL

Mesprit is here to support the other Pokemon, mostly Emboar. It works as a Stealth Rock setter and also as a cleric, although it can only heal one Pokemon. Psyshock is chosen over Psychic so it does better against special walls, such as Goodra, that like to switch in on it. Thunderbolt is there to take out other Pokemon that like to switch in, like a rapid-spinning Mega Blastoise or Alomomola. The EVs and nature are pretty standard for an offensive supporting Pokemon.

I had been wanting to try out this beastly pig for a while, ever since a friend swept me with it immediately after Reckless was released. This Pokemon is a great sweeper and nets surprise KOs on faster Pokemon. The EVs and Natures are pretty standard for a Scarf Emboar. Flare Blitz is a powerful STAB that is boosted by Reckless. It is obviously the STAB of choice. Head Smash has been somewhat disappointing to be honest, as its accuracy isn't that great and generally Wild Charge or Flare Blitz can achieve the same results. Wild Charge is to deal more damage to Water and Flying types. Superpower is a STAB move that takes down the likes of Heatran easily.

Serperior forms an offensive core with Emboar, each taking out most of the other Pokemon's walls. This pokemon is great at taking out pesky water types that give Emboar trouble, and is a good late-game sweeper. Leaf Storm is STAB of choice, being extremely powerful and boosting its special attack. Hidden Power Fire is being used to hit pokemon such as Togekiss and Amoonguss harder.

Gothitelle, like always, acts as a stallbreaker. This set is a derivative of the ubers set, letting it set up and sweep some stall teams, while pp stalling others. I don't know how many battles I've won due to people forfeiting to this. It is a great member of the team and probably my best answer to Cresselia and other stall Pokemon. This pokemon is also my best answer to weather teams, being able to trap and kill most of the setters. The EVs are to improve its physical bulk, as its special bulk is patched up after using Calm Mind. Trick and Choice Scarf can be used to further disable opponents. Otherwise, you can choose to use Sleep Talk and not be a sitting duck while asleep.

Crobat is by far the most replaceable member of the team. It is a last resort to stop set up sweepers mostly, but it also functions to whittle down Pokemon and as a pivot. Surprisingly enough, its also one of my best Mega Pinsir checks, as it outspeeds it easily. Haze should probably be replaced, but I don't know what to replace it with. The EVs and Nature are pretty standard for a fast physical attacker. Choice band is an odd option, but it also lets me net surprise KOs on Pokemon.

Threatlist:
Pinsir-Mega -- None of my pokemon can switch in on a return very easily. Most are 2hko'd by it.
Wobbuffet -- It can pick one of my pokemon to kill, excluding Gothitelle, and kill it. This can let other threats like Pinsir sweep.
Thundurus-I -- It can spread status at will; if my team is completely paralyzed I probably lose.
Sharpedo-Mega -- If Mega Blastoise is dead, it can outspeed all of my pokemon and hurt them a lot after one speed boost.
Jolly DDance Mega Gyarados -- If it gets a Dragon Dance up, I lose.
Bacon! (Emboar) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Head Smash
- Superpower
- Wild Charge

Terribad Snake (Serperior) @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Dragon Pulse
- Substitute

Turtle! (Blastoise) @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse
- Rapid Spin

Adrian (Gothitelle) @ Leftovers
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Calm Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Psychic
- Calm Mind

Burd (Crobat) @ Choice Band
Ability: Infiltrator
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Haze
- U-turn
- Cross Poison

Terribad Strats (Mesprit) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish
- Thunderbolt
- Stealth Rock

Tier Shift

Both carry Life Orb and Sheer Force
Reason: Sheer Force. These pokes are not megas, but they have the power of megas because of Sheer Force + Life Orb (and it doesn't have recoil). So I'm interested to try Sheer Force pokes as a core. Playstyle: anything.

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
Tier: Monotype
Sprite(s) of Pokemon:
and
or

Sets:

Curse Cradily
Short Description: Cradily can be a great specially defensive wall for monograss, but is often overshadowed by Ferrothorn and Mega-Venusaur. It's neutral to three of grass's weaknesses (fire, flying, poison) and can be paired with Gourgeist (defensive wall) or Trevenant (harvester) to deal with its fighting and bug weaknesses. Making use of its suction cups ability alongside a curse set to boost its defensive and attacking presence could make it a useful pokemon outside of a stealth rock setter / toxic staller.
Playstyle: Stall

Cradily @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Curse
- Recover
- Seed Bomb
- Rock Slide

Like you requested, this is a Curse Suction Cups Cradily. The team was built around stalling threats to death and then hopefully setting Cradily up for a sweep. Watch out for status though, especially poison and burn, as they strip you of health and burns neuter your attack. The rest of the set is pretty simply, you get some recovery for stalling, and 2 STABs. I chose to make it physically defensive to help out against Victini and other strong physical attackers.

Trevenant @ Sitrus Berry
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Leech Seed
- Phantom Force
- Will-O-Wisp

I chose Trevenant over Gourgeist as it is easier to use and has more SpD (plus Gourgeist is pretty meh on Grass in general). This is a rather cool set I have been wanting to try for a while, and it totally dismantles Baton Pass teams, such as QuiverPass Poison, as if Curse doesn't kill the passer, it kills the receivor in 4-5 turns. Leech Seed is for some recovery, and WoW is to neuter physical attackers. Phantom Force is a 2-turn move that has STAB, makes you not Taunt bait, and stalls for passive damage/recovery. If you don't like how much health you lose through Curse, Substitute is another option that protects you from crits and getting overpowered. You could also use Sub over Leech Seed and rely solely on Sitrus Berry + Harvest for recovery, although this is only good in a few situations.

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Leech Seed

I didn't want to go too generic, so I tried Celebi first, but tbh, Mega Venusaur's stalling ability on Grass is too much to pass up. With Thick Fat and excellent all around bulk allowing it to check the dangerous Ice and Fire types that threaten the team, as well as being a reliable special wall, it truly is great on Grass. It can even stall entire unprepared teams lol. Leech Seed and Synthesis are for recovery and stalling, while Giga Drain and Sludge Bomb are useful STABs for their extra effects. Giga Drain recovers MORE health, and Sludge Bomb has a 30% poison chance, and also helps in the mirror matchup.

Ferrothorn @ Focus Sash
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Thunder Wave

I inserted this spiny thing as a Rocks setter next, to get passive damage with the switching you force. I used Sash to guarantee Rocks at least once, which is very helpful against types such as Fire and Bug. Leech Seed and Protect is for stalling and Thunder Wave + Sash is your main way to stop Victini from sweeping you.

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Calm Nature
- Spore
- Clear Smog
- Giga Drain
- Toxic

This is the emergency check to any set up sweeper. With Spore and Clear Smog halting opposing momentum and Clear Smog removing boosts, it is really annoying :) Giga Drain is obviously for recovery and this is the main user of Toxic on the team. Regenerator is also an amazing ability, allowing you to switch to your other walls AND recover health simultaneously.

Shiftry @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Knock Off
- Defog
- Toxic

While not necessarily a defensive Pokemon, Shiftry functions as a decent utility mon and a way to revenge kill Zard-Y. The given EVs allow it to outspeed Scarftini in Sun and bop it with Rock Slide, while also outspeeding and killing Zard-Y. Knock Off helps by removing Leftovers so opponents are stalled easier, while Defog prevents your team being worn down as you switch between walls. Toxic is there simply to spread status and give it something to do in matches where hazards aren't up and you don't need to kill anything.

The main function of the team is to status as much stuff as possible, then Seed them, wearing down the opponents through bucketloads of passive damage.
Victini: It can literally V-Create the shit out of everything on this team, switching out to teammates. Your best bet is to sack Ferrothorn to Paralyze it so Cradily and Shiftry can Rock Slide it.

Poison: Poison monos are annoying, as Tentacruel and Weezing spread burns that wear you down and cancel out Leech Seed recovery. Tentacruel also has Liquid Ooze, and they can't be Toxiced. This is where SubCurse Trevenant is great, as if it gets up a Sub it can stall out both of them via Curse damage. Otherwise, you have to burn them, and hopefully kill Tenta with Seed Bomb, and Weezing with Leech Seed+burn damage (watch out for Pain Split though, it's annoying asf).

Zard X: After a DD or two, it runs through the team. Your best bet is once again to T Wave it and then kill it with Rock Slide.

Anyway, try it out and see how it does for you! And most of all have fun n_n

Cradily @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Curse
- Recover
- Seed Bomb
- Rock Slide

Trevenant @ Sitrus Berry
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Leech Seed
- Phantom Force
- Will-O-Wisp

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Leech Seed

Ferrothorn @ Focus Sash
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Thunder Wave

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Calm Nature
- Spore
- Clear Smog
- Giga Drain
- Toxic

Shiftry @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Knock Off
- Defog
- Toxic

Anyway, try it out and see how it does for you! And most of all have fun n_n
Thanks heaps, looks like an awesome team. I look forward to trying it out! I hope you had fun making it as well :)

Tier Shift

Emboar @ Choice Scarf​
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Wild Charge
- Head Smash
NOT STALL
Alright for realsies this time, now that I've made my sick joke :]

I decided to go with more of a balance route for this team, as opposed to your team with it that seemed to be more towards HO. This team got me to semi's in the TS daily which was conveniently right when I finished.

Emboar is as you specified, and has brought me surprising results. I didn't expect a damn thing of it and it can be a very easy win condition vs unprepared teams. It has pretty good coverage, and is just a walking nuke with Reckless Flare Blitz. Aromatisse was a really obvious choice for a teammate to me at least, as it can keep Emboar around for that much longer. Plus, keeping status off of the team is always nice. Ampharos is the Special win-condition usually. Agility Sheep is a really underrated threat right now, just given how hard it hits. It needs some stuff cleared, mainly spdef grasses, but once they're gone its all over. Shaymin is the cutest subseeder I've yet to test, and it isn't hard to see why. Sturdy 105/105/105 defenses, even unboosted, are gonna be hard to break, especially while it's outspeeding you and killing you slowly with subseed. It also has absolutely wonderful synergy with Emboar, as it can easily clear Alomomola and other waters. Latios helps break down any wall really, with hard hitting stabs for both ends of the spectrum. Plus, it's a cute option to keep hazards up. It helps chip away at amph's checks, too. Cobaelion here is a physical SD variant, with Magnet Rise as a nice little fuck you to stuff like Exca and Gliscor. Many of you know Cobalion is one of my favorite mons in the meta, and now you can see why.

All in all it's a pretty solid team, I haven't found any serious weaknesses, albeit flying types can be tricky.

Replays:

Emboar @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 28 HP / 252 Atk / 228 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Wild Charge
- Head Smash

Aromatisse @ Leftovers
Ability: Aroma Veil
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Aromatherapy
- Moonblast

Ampharos @ Ampharosite
Ability: Static
EVs: 32 HP / 252 SpA / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Agility
- Thunderbolt
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast

Shaymin @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Seed Flare
- Air Slash

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Defog

Cobalion @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Magnet Rise
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Close Combat

i'd like a team for Inheritance using Rayquaza V-Create Darmanitan and Trace Raikou.

If you can find a mon that does Raikou's job, but better, use that instead. Azelf does not do Raikou's job, but better. If it doesn't have Trace, that's not Raikou's job
please make said team HO.

Last edited:
Tier: Tier Shift
Sprite(s) of Pokemon:
Sets:

Accelgor @ Focus Sash
Modest Nature
- Acid Spray
- Bug Buzz
- Energy Ball
- Focus Blast

Short Description: I personally love Accelgor as a bug type (outclasses by Volcarona, but whatever). Before he was bumped to RU, I had a pretty nice HO team with him, that did well when pasted into TS, since they all got +15. However, I'm sure there's a better way to do that. Accelgor has great type coverage, and with Acid Spray, can force switches, as not much wants to stay in at -2 or even -4. With Focus Sash + Unburden, Accelgor hits a whopping 778 speed. I feel like Focus Sash has worked the best for me, but if you have a better item idea, I would gladly take it! Thanks!
Playstyle: Hyper Offense

Tier: Tier Shift
Sprite(s) of Pokemon:
Sets:

Accelgor @ Focus Sash
Modest Nature
- Acid Spray
- Bug Buzz
- Energy Ball
- Focus Blast

Short Description: I personally love Accelgor as a bug type (outclasses by Volcarona, but whatever). Before he was bumped to RU, I had a pretty nice HO team with him, that did well when pasted into TS, since they all got +15. However, I'm sure there's a better way to do that. Accelgor has great type coverage, and with Acid Spray, can force switches, as not much wants to stay in at -2 or even -4. With Focus Sash + Unburden, Accelgor hits a whopping 778 speed. I feel like Focus Sash has worked the best for me, but if you have a better item idea, I would gladly take it! Thanks!
Playstyle: Hyper Offense
Alright would you be terribly offended if I switched this over to a spike stacking set? I really dont think I'll find a way to make this set work better than, say, QD Volc and I really don't wanna waste too much time building for unviable sets.

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i'd like a team for Inheritance using Rayquaza V-Create Darmanitan and Trace Raikou.

If you can find a mon that does Raikou's job, but better, use that instead. Azelf does not do Raikou's job, but better.
please make said team HO.
I don't think this teambuilding shop has Inheritance at this moment, so I'm not sure whether someone can make it. That said, tagging InfernapeTropius11 to give a decision about this. Otherwise you could maybe contact someone who posts often in the thread on PS!

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
I don't think this teambuilding shop has Inheritance at this moment, so I'm not sure whether someone can make it. That said, tagging InfernapeTropius11 to give a decision about this. Otherwise you could maybe contact someone who posts often in the thread on PS!
Yup, there is a section for building teams for the OMotM (which as you know is currently Inheritance), so until May, Weare goingto be accepting requests for and building inheritance teams!

Tier Shift :]

Basically, Hippo makes Cradily bulky as shit in the sand and sponges hits from Physical sweepers. Cradily in turn shields Hippo and the rest of the team from them pesky scalds and is, again, specially bulky as shit. This core probably suits bulky offense the best. I've made two teams with this core so far (and so has that guy DTK you might have heard of) and I'm wondering what such an experienced and exceptional player such as Peef Rimgar could do with it.

thanks for putting up with my shit Peef you're actually pretty cool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)