Tournament Other Metagames Farm League - Won by the Off-Topic Octilleries!

Due to Stan Soojung's inactivity, the Umbreons forfeit the tiebreaker - apologies to the rest of that team.

Congratulations to the Off-Topic Octilleries on winning the inaugural OM Farm League! I did not want you guys to have to win this way, but thank you to DurzaOffTopic, Ransei, and the rest of the team for being active throughout. I hope everyone who participated gained some valuable experience, and if this tournament comes back next year, I have some improvements in mind to streamline the format. See you all next time!

RNGIsFatal

Banned deucer.
Couple things to say:

* Congratulations DurzaOffTopic Ransei MAMP Kris and anyone else in their team for winning and shreking my team despite me winning all my matches ;-;
* Good job UC for surviving this ordeal (...)
* Sometimes being too generous backfires
* Other comments:
  • Possible addition of auction process (if anyone is willing to host it, of course) so there won't be [Insert 6 veteran player team here] vs [Insert just-joined-smogon team here] scenario which would rather result in frustration or negative experience
  • I was gonna say "OMPL players must keep their eyes on OMFL players so they can hire underrated / unknown players next year" but the winning team's members were... well
  • Regarding Semako's question and the postpone of the end of the tour in general, I think over 6 weeks were spent choosing a sub and being inactive in tiebreaker and again, being too generous about this caused backfire. Be more strict next time imo
  • Tbf I was looking for worthy BH opponent here and I faced only two people (Silver_Lucario42 and Ransei). I might have had good game with Ransei and won but against SL42, I won by despicable c'team strategy ...so I would say thanks for you two for being good opponents, I am not sure if I was the best opponent for you two due to c'team-ing against the former while being quite inactive in chatbox against the latter.
* Thanks Uselesscrab for picking up undrafted members from OMPL, I could not join OMPL because of couple confidential reasons including family issues, and you still invited me to this place to shitpost the thread in the beginning and have some fun. Again, good job enduring through interminable inactivity and probably go chill out for now because you will need some rest.
* And lastly thanks for my team who followed me 'till the end despite being out of the tour early. Although one of you guys tried ditching the team after falling into losers' bracket but losers' bracket didn't end up happening at all so...

I'm out.

Last edited:
Why did it come down to a single team member's inactivity? The other members were active and could've playes a tie breaker battle if necessary?
stan was active on PS - he refused to schedule matches despite repeated prodding by team members.

It was awesome working with you all and especially Ransei for picking up the team when I had to go because of a unfortunate irl issue.

few shoutouts

Ransei thanks for being an awesome friend on PS and great team captain - lets repeat in SM team tour
MAMP coming in clutch and keeping us undefeated in AAA for when I was gone - awesome job dude and thanks for stepping up
Highlord literally the anchor of our team - free wins - and we depended on him over everybody else. Sorry you didn't get drafted to OMPL you deserved it but we were honored to have you play for us and carry us undefeated in mix and mega
Izaya you were the throw on for the team because we needed a monotype player but you didn't let us down - thanks for being willing to jump on with us
Synoptic you're a stubborn bitch for trying to quit PS but i love you man, we should call again sometime, sorry about the haxy games

anti shoutouts:
EV GREAT USER GREAT BANNER QUALITY OM PLAYER
Peef Rimgar jesus christ why did you make this a meme
Kris lets make one thing clear: nobody really likes you

Last edited:

dhelmise

everything is embarrassing
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
stan was active on PS - he refused to schedule matches despite repeated prodding by team members.

It was awesome working with you all and especially Ransei for picking up the team when I had to go because of a unfortunate irl issue.

few shoutouts

Ransei thanks for being an awesome friend on PS and great team captain - lets repeat in SM team tour
MAMP coming in clutch and keeping us undefeated in AAA for when I was gone - awesome job dude and thanks for stepping up
Highlord literally the anchor of our team - free wins - and we depended on him over everybody else. Sorry you didn't get drafted to OMPL you deserved it but we were honored to have you play for us and carry us undefeated in mix and mega
Izaya you were the throw on for the team because we needed a monotype player but you didn't let us down - thanks for being willing to jump on with us
Synoptic you're a stubborn bitch for trying to quit PS but i love you man, we should call again sometime, sorry about the haxy games

anti shoutouts:
EV you were trash, pathetic user go back to stabmons tbh but that first game was funny ngl
Peef Rimgar jesus christ why did you make this a meme
Kris lets make one thing clear: nobody really likes you
wanna play that game, bitchass?

Let's get something clear: not many people like you. Maybe the overly depressed badge whore squad (recreant bnb (BAN ME PLEASE) like that) but generally you're not a relevant person. You basically live life on here and I know this because you're always online. Basically you fucked up by thinking you're important enough to enter the thread and start shittalking me. God knows had I not been waking up after the weirdest party ever I would've depicted your post and probably make you want to quit smogon. You didn't really help anyways, you just got likes because those people dislike me. I've bullied the fuck out of bnb and recreant was just annoying so I called her out when she did annoy me. That's why you got support. Then you dare to lash at me. Holy fuck. In this moment I went to hell and back. You have probably like nothing in life other than a badge on smogon. I literally never come on here because I'm established in real life - I play football, wrestling, and baseball, have a fuckton of friends, and generally just live a life of general popularity and happiness. So yeah. Piss the fuck off.

Hopefully next year I won't get slammed by suddenly everything. Shout out to my teammates, Semako for filling in for me when Real Life™ started kicking my free time in the groin, Uselesscrab for hosting, and DG9 for giving me my longest battle this year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)