Sticky Orange Islands SQSA Thread

Thank you

Another one about wormholes I forgot to ask: which non-white ones count as caves for dusk balls? I'd imagine everything but red, but game freak can be weird sometimes so i just want to clarify.
I doubt so... the easiest way to check is to throw Dusk Balls at the non-legendary Pokemon that spawn when they are at full health, and see what happens.

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
I doubt so... the easiest way to check is to throw Dusk Balls at the non-legendary Pokemon that spawn when they are at full health, and see what happens.
Well a way to confirm 100% for Blue wormholes at least would be to False Swipe a Lombre down to 1 HP. If the dusk ball ever fails, then it's not getting the boost because at 1 HP a level 60 Lombre has a 100% catch chance with a Dusk Ball.

Same deal with Nuzleaf for Green, and Paralyzed 1 HP Magcargo in Yellow. All of these have a slightly higher than 50% chance to break out if Dusk Ball doesn't proc, so hopefully it'll only take like 20ish tries before it's incredibly unlikely for it to have not broken out at least once.

The QR codes you scan aren't important: you can scan pokes already in the dex, will still count for island scan :)

If I've already filled my Pokédex, what sort of QR codes can I scan to get enough points to unlock Island Scan?
Any codes will do. Random ones will show Pokemon not in the Dex such as Greninja or Spiritomb, but as long as it hasn't been scanned very recently you'll still earn points towards using island scan.

Well a way to confirm 100% for Blue wormholes at least would be to False Swipe a Lombre down to 1 HP. If the dusk ball ever fails, then it's not getting the boost because at 1 HP a level 60 Lombre has a 100% catch chance with a Dusk Ball.

Same deal with Nuzleaf for Green, and Paralyzed 1 HP Magcargo in Yellow. All of these have a slightly higher than 50% chance to break out if Dusk Ball doesn't proc, so hopefully it'll only take like 20ish tries before it's incredibly unlikely for it to have not broken out at least once.
As far as I'm aware, the formula is unchanged, so yes.

Knowing Game Freak, the wormholes are probably bugged to be not caves, and as much as I'd love to test it, I can't for the next couple days...
Alright, so I just tested this using my Magnezone (for T-Wave) and Bisharp (for False Swipe) against a random Magcargo in the cave type Ultra Space Wilds. As I'm playing Ultra Moon, it's currently daytime in my game as of this post. I tossed a Dusk Ball at it, and... Magcargo was caught the first time, but broke out immediately on the second.

I think we can safely put this to bed and say the Ultra Space worlds do NOT count as caves as far as Dusk Ball is concerned. The in-game time IS considered in Ultra Space, though, so Dusk Ball should get its boost at night. (as it seems that Eevee will still evolve into Umbreon at night in Ultra Space if it's already friendly enough and levels up)

Just an opinion poll of sorts, about to reset my HeartGold game and I was wondering if there is anything in particular that is worth RNGing on that game specifically (ie can only be done in Gen IV, tutor moves, Apricorn Ball caught legendaries etc.) that you can't do in later gens?

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
Just an opinion poll of sorts, about to reset my HeartGold game and I was wondering if there is anything in particular that is worth RNGing on that game specifically (ie can only be done in Gen IV, tutor moves, Apricorn Ball caught legendaries etc.) that you can't do in later gens?
i'm not 100% sure on this but i know that by soft resetting in front of the red gyarados and checking its ivs, you can derive your secret id easily which helps for rng'ing shinies more easily

There are some Pokémon you still can't catch between both SM and USUM and hence their Apricorn Balls are locked to HGSS before breeding. I'd cross reference these posts; particular stand outs to me right away include Koffing, Gligar and the Nidorans.
https://serebii.net/ultrasunultramoon/unobtainable.shtml
https://serebii.net/sunmoon/unobtainable.shtml

You can catch every single non-mythical Legendary in USUM so you're out of luck on that front. However due to Gen 6/7's set 3 IVs, HP Fighting is impossible to get on a gen 6/7 legendary -- so you might wanna look into that. If I recall it is still viable on the latis.

In regards to Tutors, I -think- there was one Shiftry set ages ago that needed Sucker Punch from HGSS but I could be wrong. There's not a terrible amount of tutor moves in HGSS not in USUM, and Defog being a tutor move now just decreases the possible combinations exclusive to Gen 4 capture even more.

In UM, I caught Necrozma and defeated the Pokemon League over a month ago. I have been softresetting for Gladion to appear for hours.

am I doing something wrong?

Have you defended your title since becoming Champion? Have you encountered any other challengers while resetting for Gladion? I wouldn't be surprised if the first title defense is still locked to Hau.
I defeated the Pokemon League more than 5 times already. While resetting, I saw him, the prof, that dragon guy, the fat kid with electrc types, that one kid from route one, those 2 former Team Skull Leaders and Hapu

Eisenherz

επέκεινα της ουσίας
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Does anybody have tips for BP grinding at the Emerald Battle Frontier? I have 0 competitive Pokémon in my boxes, just a mediocre in-game team. I only need 48 BP to teach Counter, but I've been doing runs at the Battle Factory and the 3-4 points for 7 battles have been racking up soooo slowly, I'd love not to have to spend an entire day just getting to 48 BP :psygrump:

What are the most useful Pokémon in Emerald's Battle Frontier, either overall or in one specific facility? I know Blissey in Pike and Shedinja in Dome, but what else?

Aside from the Factory, I always had the most trouble in the Pyramid... any tips for that?

Eisenherz

επέκεινα της ουσίας
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
What are the most useful Pokémon in Emerald's Battle Frontier, either overall or in one specific facility? I know Blissey in Pike and Shedinja in Dome, but what else?

Aside from the Factory, I always had the most trouble in the Pyramid... any tips for that?
I've been told that a Starmie with Surf / Psychic / Thunderbolt / Ice Beam and I'm guessing some boosting item like Life Orb or E-Belt is really good to get through the Tower quickly. Considering the moveset, I'd assume a Lati@s would work well too.

No clue about the Pyramid, though, I spent an hour roaming in there yesterday and I'm never trying that again, it was a horrible experience lol

I've been told that a Starmie with Surf / Psychic / Thunderbolt / Ice Beam and I'm guessing some boosting item like Life Orb or E-Belt is really good to get through the Tower quickly. Considering the moveset, I'd assume a Lati@s would work well too.

No clue about the Pyramid, though, I spent an hour roaming in there yesterday and I'm never trying that again, it was a horrible experience lol
Unfortunately, both the Life Orb and the Expert Belt were not introduced until Gen IV (this is Gen III).

Eisenherz

επέκεινα της ουσίας
Unfortunately, both the Life Orb and the Expert Belt were not introduced until Gen IV (this is Gen III).
Oh wow, I hadn't realized haha, thanks for the note. I wonder what item would be best then, you'd probably not want to lock yourself with Specs, so maybe a Sitrus?

Latios with D Claw/Psychic/TBolt/CM is pretty disgusting, but you have to reset for nature right after the first e4 if you want it to really put in work. (stats are determined when you tell your mom the tv said "blue" instead of "red")

Does anybody have tips for BP grinding at the Emerald Battle Frontier? I have 0 competitive Pokémon in my boxes, just a mediocre in-game team. I only need 48 BP to teach Counter, but I've been doing runs at the Battle Factory and the 3-4 points for 7 battles have been racking up soooo slowly, I'd love not to have to spend an entire day just getting to 48 BP :psygrump:
If you have at least three silver symbols you can bet BP with a man in the battle frontier. By battling in the structure he tells you (if your battery is dead I belive he only chooses Battle Tower Singles, but I'm not sure on this), you can get up to 15 additional BP per seven defeated trainers. If your only goal is to get the 48 BP for conter this might take longer, due to having to battle and defeat three frontier brains, but this would allow you to get BP faster for possible future projects.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)