OptiMons [Slate 22: Gen 4] {Voting}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a lot of ties. Ultimately, I've decided to select the following winners! Ninetales Dragons Mothim, Exploudit's Wormadam, Tuthur1's Wormadam-Sandy, and Exploudit's Wormadam-Trash. Thanks guys!

The next slate is... Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan!

Also, due to me being bad and unable to fully invest my time in this project, Exploudit is joining me to help me out. Congrats!

:)

Had a lot of ties. Ultimately, I've decided to select the following winners! Ninetales Dragons Mothim, Exploudit's Wormadam, Tuthur1's Wormadam-Sandy, and Exploudit's Wormadam-Trash. Thanks guys!

The next slate is... Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan!

Also, due to me being bad and unable to fully invest my time in this project, Exploudit is joining me to help me out. Congrats!

:)
Why not Hitmontop as well?

Also it feels wrong to just randomly pick a submission when they tie

1) It wasn't randomly picked, Wishes picked the ones she liked the most.
2) Well, it doesn't feel weird because she didn't vote in the slate so its kind of her vote that decides the tiebreak.

Last edited:
Why not Hitmontop as well?

I picked the ones I felt were the best suited for the project and the vision I had and placed my votes there. I can offer you a more in-depth explanation of each if you really prefer, but I do want everyone to know that I selected these based off their submissions and my views on them, not on a random selection. Since there weren't a lot of votes and I wanted to get a next slate up, I chose to just select the ones I felt were best and roll with it.

Hitmonchan / Hitmonlee are both Gen 1 brothers and I'm doing this by a two-Pokemon-per-slate thing, albeit the Wormadam thing was a funky case. Hitmontop wasn't selected simply because of that.

Hope I answered your questions well enough! ^-^

Hitmonchan (optimized)

Abilitiy: Stamina | Iron Fist | Inner Focus (HA)
Stats: 54 HP | 105 Atk | 150 Def | 35 SpA | 110 SpD | 86 Spe (540 BST)
Added Moves: Slack Off, Knock Off
Summary of Changes: +4 HP, +71 Def, +10 Spe (+75 BST)

Hitmonchan is now a Bulky Fighting-type that provides Bulky Offense a realiable Rapid Spinner. It also has reliable recovery and an unique typing that leaves it able to check Dark, Bug, and Rock-types such as Tyranitar along with an ability that lets it withstand several moves and boost its Defense in the process. On the other hand, its Special Bulk leaves it vulnerable to most Special Attackers and a weakness to Flying, Psychic and Fairy leaves it unable to check Physical Attackers such as Mega Pinsir, Mega Medicham or Mega Mawile.

Hitmonlee (optimized)

Abilitiy: Moxie | Reckless | Inner Focus (HA)
Stats: 43 HP | 150 Atk | 105 Def | 35 SpA | 110 SpD | 97 Spe (540 BST)
Added Moves: Slack Off, U-turn
Summary of Changes: -7 HP, +30 Atk, +52 Def, +10 Spe (+75 BST)

Hitmonlee can be an interesting wallbreaker due to its borderline good Speed Tier and huge Attack stat along with the choice of Moxie or Reckless as offensive abilities. On the other hand though, its poor bulk and slightly below average Speed tier may not let Hitmonlee shine as much as it would want to. Its OU material most likely but it still has a couple of drawbacks.​

Last edited:

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Hitmonlee [Optimized]

Abilities: Reckless | No Guard | [HA] Unburden
Stats: 70 HP / 127 Atk / 73 Def / 35 SpD / 110 SpD / 97 Spe
Added Moves: Wild Charge, Quick Attack, Trop Kick, Triple Kick
Summary of Changes: +20 HP +7 Atk +20 Def +10 Spe

I didn't need to make Hitmonlee fantastic in OU. It has a strong enough niche in STAB Reckless High Jump Kick and Double-Edge to wallbreak a crap ton of stuff as is. It's speed buff puts it on par with Krookodile and it can easily run Unburden sets if speed is an issue (Its dual STAB is uncalled barred from Ghosts). It's Wild Charge coverage at least let's it break through fat waters that might otherwise ruin its day (and Electrium Z sounds super fun).

Hitmonchan [Optimized]
Abilities: Iron Fist | Scrappy | [HA] Intimidate
Stats: 90 HP / 117 Atk / 89 Def / 35 SpD / 116 SpD / 86 Spe
Added Moves: Taunt, Knock Off, U-Turn, Recover, Meteor Mash
Summary of Changes: +40 HP +12 Atk +10 Def +6 SpD +10 Spe

Hitmonchan is now a defensive spinner worth its salt in a tier above PU! Scrappy does wonders for Chan, as not only can it now have unblockable spin, but it's Fighting attacks are not blocked by Ghost types, things that 100% countered the Hitmon. If Scrappy spinning is not your cup of tea, being a solid pivot with U-Turn and Recover and an excellent defensive typing combined with Intimidate is a viable option. Even an offensive Iron Fist set is possible, but may outclassed by other Fighting types.

Last edited:
update the op please, not fun to browse through the whole thread to figure out what won

Hitmonchan [Optimized]
Abilities: Keen Eye / Iron Fist / Scrappy [HA]
Stats: 90/105/85/35/130/110
Added Moves: Recover
Summary of Changes: +40 HP, +6 Def, +20 SpD, +34 Spe

A quick, bulky spinner with reliable recovery. Could run offense but it won't be very good.​

Hitmonlee [Optimized]

Abilities: Reckless | No Guard | [HA] Unburden
Stats: 70 HP / 127 Atk / 73 Def / 35 SpD / 110 SpD / 97 Spe
Added Moves: Wild Charge, Quick Attack
Summary of Changes: +20 HP +7 Atk +20 Def +10 Spe

I didn't need to make Hitmonlee fantastic in OU. It has a strong enough niche in STAB Reckless High Jump Kick and Double-Edge to wallbreak a crap ton of stuff as is. It's speed buff puts it on par with Krookodile and it can easily run Unburden sets if speed is an issue (Its dual STAB is uncalled barred from Ghosts). It's Wild Charge coverage at least let's it break through fat waters that might otherwise ruin its day (and Electrium Z sounds super fun).

Hitmonchan [Optimized]
Abilities: Iron Fist | Scrappy | [HA] Intimidate
Stats: 90 HP / 117 Atk / 89 Def / 35 SpD / 116 SpD / 86 Spe
Added Moves: Taunt, Knock Off, U-Turn, Recover, Iron Head
Summary of Changes: +40 HP +17 Atk +10 Def +6 SpD +10 Spe

Hitmonchan is now a defensive spinner worth its salt in a tier above PU! Scrappy does wonders for Chan, as not only can it now have unblockable spin, but it's Fighting attacks are not blocked by Ghost types, things that 100% countered the Hitmon. If Scrappy spinning is not your cut of tea, being a solid pivot with U-Turn and Recover and an excellent defensive typing combined with Intimidate. Even an offensive Iron Fist set is possible, but may outclassed by other Fighting types.
I'm just gonna say quickly that Meteor Mash is boosted by Iron Fist and therefore would make a lot of sense on your Hitmonchan over Iron Head

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
update the op please, not fun to browse through the whole thread to figure out what won

Hitmonchan [Optimized]
Abilities: Keen Eye / Iron Fist / Scrappy [HA]
Stats: 90/105/85/35/130/110
Added Moves: Recover
Summary of Changes: +40 HP, +6 Def, +20 SpD, +34 Spe

A quick, bulky spinner with reliable recovery. Could run offense but it won't be very good.​
You forgot the +5 to its attack as Hitmonchan's attack stat is 100

Hitmonchan [Optimized]
Abilities: Keen Eye | Iron Fist (Gives punch moves 1.33× power.) | [HA] Inner Focus
Stats: 100 HP / 105 Atk / 85 Def / 36 SpA / 110 SpD / 105 Spe
Added Moves: Shadow Punch, Meteor Mash, Hammer Arm, Ice Hammer, Dizzy Punch, Sucker Punch
Summary of Changes: +50 HP, +6 Def, +29 Spe

Not only do boxers have to be able to take on lots of hits, prompting the HP and Defense increase, but they also need to have fast enough fists, hence the Speed increase.
Iron Fist is kind of a lame Ability. Tough Claws is a objectively better version of it. While Iron Fist gives punch moves 1.2× power, Tough Claws gives punch moves, and all other contact moves, 1.33× power. Iron Fist is a bit more usable now, and it's usable even more on Hitmonchan now that it has every punch move.

Hitmonlee [Optimized]
Abilities: Limber | Reckless | [HA] Unburden
Stats: 79 HP / 120 Atk / 103 Def / 35 SpA / 116 SpD / 87 Spe
Added Moves: Sucker Punch, Torrent Kick (Water-type Blaze Kick, no burn), Overgrow Kick (Grass-type Blaze Kick, no burn)
Summary of Changes: +29 HP, +50 Def, +6 SpD

The lack of kick moves compared to punch moves is a huge shame. There's Jump Kick, Rolling Kick, Mega Kick, High Jump Kick, Triple Kick, and Blaze Kick. Instead of the Fire-Ice-Thunder route that the punches and fangs go in, I decided to use the Grass-Fire-Water trio for new moves. Hitmonlee did need more moves.​

Last edited:

Ludicrousity

You humour me greatly with your arrogance and c...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Hitmonlee [Optimized]
Abilities: Long Reach | Reckless | [HA] Exasperation*
Stats: 70 HP / 125 Atk / 70 Def / 35 SpA / 110 SpD / 107 Spe
Added Moves: Lightspeed Kick*, Crystal Dropkick*
Summary of Changes: +20 HP, +5 Atk, +17 Def, +20 Spe

Hitmonlee is now a fast, strong physical sweeper, able to dish out massive damage with High Jump Kick and Crystal Dropkick. Lightspeed Kick is an amazing way for Hitmonlee to get off some damage while out prioritising other mons. However, it's 107 Speed still isn't enough to get it past mons like Keldeo, even when scarfed.

Exasperation (Ability): Raises Attack by 1 stage when at 1/2 HP or under.

Lightspeed Kick (Move): 60 BP |
| 10 PP (16 Max) | 100% Accuracy | +1 Priority
"The user extends it's leg at extremely high speeds to strike the foe."

Crystal Dropkick (Move): 120 BP |
| 5 PP (8 Max) | 90% Accuracy | 33% Recoil | 10% Chance to flinch
"The user's foot hardens into crystals before it launches itself at the opponent."​

/

Hitmonchan
Abilities: Iron Fist | Contrary | Galvanize
Stats: 100 HP / 100 Atk / 89 Def / 35 SpA / 110 SpD / 86 Spe
Added Moves: Wild Charge, Recover, Meteor Mash, Thunderhammer*, Ice Hammer, Sucker Punch
Summary of Changes: +50 HP +10 Def, +10 Spe

Hitmonchan is a boxer with fists as fast as lightning, lightning... electric stuff. The typing helps patch up a bird weakness. The new moves are all great coverage. Contrary lets you use Ice Hammer and your new move to try and beef up. Beware your new ground weakness.

Thunderhammer: 120 BP |
5 PP (8 Max) | 100% Accuracy | Fist Based | User reduces its Atk and defense one stage
"User strikes with a hammer arm filled with thunderous wrath. However, this also lowers the user's Attack and Defense stats."

/

Hitmonlee
Abilities: Reckless | Scrappy | [HA] Dancer
Stats: 65 HP / 130 Atk / 73 Def / 35 SpA / 110 SpD / 102 Spe
Added Moves: Wild Charge, Sword Dance, Flare Blitz, Play Rough, Dragon Dance, Coil, Flying Kick*, Flutter Kick*
Summary of Changes: +15 HP +10 Atk +20 Def, +15 Spe,

Fight... Fairy? Eh, it's... um, graceful? I think the STAB combo alone is pretty swanky. The justification in and of itself isn't the strongest, but with feet like that, how can you not dance with grace. This dancer grace is why it gets Sword and Dragon Dances to enable it to have the breaking power to get through its enemies. Scrappy prevents HJK ghost type trolling. Access to earthquake should disuade poison types, and Steel doesn't want to be kicked. Watch out for coverage and floating poisons, which Gengar no longer is. Oh, it can also coil its legs to ensure HJK never succumbs to RNG.

The recoil moves ensure Reckless enjoys coverage to its fullest. But if you go Dancer, and then switch in on the right setup dragon, you can snag a DD or SD, still outrun them, and threaten a KO with Flutter Kick or Play Rough.

In before someone photoshops Lee in a tutu or doing ballet or something.

Flying Kick: 130 BP |
| 85% Accuracy | Reckless Boosted | Gravity Disables | User strikes with skyhigh kick. Hits hard, but a miss can shave half health.

Flutter Kick:
See Flying Kick, change types.

Last edited:

/

Hitmonchan
Abilities: Iron Fist | Contrary | Galvanize
Stats: 100 HP / 100 Atk / 89 Def / 35 SpA / 110 SpD / 86 Spe
Added Moves: Wild Charge, Recover, Meteor Mash, Thunderhammer*, Ice Hammer, Sucker Punch
Summary of Changes: +50 HP +10 Def, +10 Spe

Hitmonchan is a boxer with fists as fast as lightning, lightning... electric stuff. The typing helps patch up a bird weakness. The new moves are all great coverage. Contrary lets you use Ice Hammer and your new move to try and beef up. Beware your new ground weakness.

Thunderhammer: 120 BP |
5 PP (8 Max) | 100% Accuracy | Fist Based | User reduces its Atk and defense one stage
"User strikes with a hammer arm filled with thunderous wrath. However, this also lowers the user's Attack and Defense stats."

/

Hitmonlee
Abilities: Reckless | Scrappy | [HA] Pixilate
Stats: 65 HP / 130 Atk / 73 Def / 35 SpA / 110 SpD / 102 Spe
Added Moves: Wild Charge, Sword Dance, Brave Bird, Flare Blitz, Play Rough, Dragon Dance, Coil
Summary of Changes: +15 HP +10 Atk +20 Def, +15 Spe,

Fight... Fairy? Eh, it's... um, graceful? I think the STAB combo alone is pretty swanky. The justification in and of itself isn't the strongest, but with feet like that, how can you not dance with grace. This dancer grace is why it gets Sword and Dragon Dances to enable it to have the breaking power to get through its enemies. You can also use Pixilated Rapid Spin for non-blockable hazard removal, scrappy too, which also prevents HJK ghost type trolling. Access to earthquake should disuade poison types, and Steel doesn't want to be kicked. Watch out for coverage and floating poisons, which Gengar no longer is. Oh, it can also coil its legs to ensure HJK never succumbs to RNG.

In before someone photoshops Lee in a tutu or doing ballet or something.
why doesn't Hitmonlee have Dancer?

Why the flappy hell does that thing gets BRAVE BIRD?!?!
Originally, I was gonna go Fight/Fly for hurricane kicks and aerial style combos, and Brave Bird was good Reckless STAB. Now, it was sorta a hold over, a shame it doesn't fit super well as the coverage is sweet.

Originally, I was gonna go Fight/Fly for hurricane kicks and aerial style combos, and Brave Bird was good Reckless STAB. Now, it was sorta a hold over, a shame it doesn't fit super well as the coverage is sweet.
just make a Brave Bird clone or similar move called Flying Kick or Hurricane Kick then

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

/

Abilities: Blaze / Iron Fist / Inner Focus
Stats: 50 / 120 / 105 / 35 / 105 / 85 Spe (BST: 500)
Stat Changes: +15 Atk, +26 Def, -5 SpD, +9 Spe
Added moves: Backdraft*, Overclock*, Overheat, Knock Off

Backdraft:
80 BP | 16 PP | 100% Accuracy | Physical
Deals damage. If this attack damages a target, the User's Attack rises one stage. If this attack targets a Fire-type Pokemon, the User's Attack rises by two stages.
"The user forcibly steals oxygen from the foe to replenish its fighting stamina. Fire-type enemies are especially vulnerable."

Overclock:
40 BP | 8 PP | 100% Accuracy | Physical | Punch | Z-Power: 160
Deals damage. This move's Base Power rises by 40 for every stage the Attack stat is boosted. User recovers 50% of damage dealt.
"The user unleashes its stored energy in a burning frenzy. This release heals it of past damage."

Its punches slice the air. They are launched at such high speed, even a slight graze could cause a burn.

Talk about a firefighter! Well, more one using fire to fight you. And talk about a heated situation: let it use Backdraft or Bulk Up to build up its power, and you'll be smashed with Overclocks that get stronger and stronger. Don't think that other Fire-types are safe from the burning assault, however: Backdraft gets double the boost from them, powering up a deadly Drain Punch! Just keep him safe from taking, y'know, any super effective attacks.
Sample Set:

Hitmonchan @ Life Orb
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Backdraft
- Drain Punch
- Overclock
- Ice Punch / Stone Edge

/

Abilities: Fluid* / Limber / Unburden
Stats: 50 / 140 / 63 / 35 / 112 / 100 (BST: 500)
Stat Changes: +20 Atk, +10 Def, +2 SpD, +13 Spe
Added moves: Syncrekick*, Liquidation, Trop Kick, Knock Off, Surf​
Fluid: This Pokemon's Normal-type moves become Water-type. Water-type moves cannot miss and ignore all protection.

Syncrekick:
70 BP | 8 PP | 100% Accuracy | Physical | Contact | Z-Power: 160
Deals damage. This move's Base Power rises by 30 for every kick move executed by this Pokemon since switching in.
"The user exploits its knowledge of the opponent's weak points to unleash a targeted barrage of kicks."
This amazing Pokémon has an awesome sense of balance. It can kick in succession from any position.

Subtler than burning over and just as deadly. If High Jump Kicks, Fluid Mega Kicks, and Trop Kicks alike fail to faze you, don't get too confident! It has been scouting you the whole time, and is ready to methodically pound a snowballing Syncrekick sure to knock you back. If you think a fast enough speed leaves you safe from its fury, prepare for a Fake Out no type is immune to!
Sample Set:

Hitmonchan @ Life Orb / Splash Plate
Ability: Fluid
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Mega Kick
- High Jump Kick
- Blaze Kick / Trop Kick / Fake Out
- Syncrekick

Last edited by a moderator:

S. Court

[Takes hits in Spanish]
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor
Is there a limit about how muy you can increase the BST?

This seems interesting, I'll give it a try in a while

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)