Tournament OMPL V - Week 3

antemortem

THE ORIGINAL DAVE
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head

Other Metagames Premier League V - Week 3
>> SCHEDULE <<
>> STANDINGS <<
>> INFORMATION <<
How this works
Each team will have have 6 players and at least 2 subs. The players are bought using the 80 credits that managers receive during the auction. The roster this season include: Almost Any Ability, Anything Goes, Balanced Hackmons, Mix and Mega, Monotype, and Sketchmons. Teams can win their matchup every week by winning 4 of the 6 matches that their players have to play.​

Beating another team gives you 2 points, drawing the match gives you 1 point, and losing it gives you nothing. In addition, the manner in which you win will also be stored; that is, how many you won vs how many you lost. The two teams with the highest points at the end of week 5 will play in the finals.​

Tiebreaker
Every week's winning team will be given 2 points, ties will give 1 and loss will give 0. This is how it's going to progress and finally the teams with the 2 highest total points will duke it out in finals week. In the event of 2 teams being tied for the finals spot, we will have a tiebreaker round.

Tiebreaker round rules: The most played meta from usage stats plus one metagame picked by each manager will give a best-of-three game between the tied teams, ultimately deciding who goes onto finals.​

Trades
If teams wish to conduct a trade, both managers (or assistant managers if the manager is not present) MUST PM antemortem on the FORUMS to have the trade be official. No trades may occur after the conclusion of week 2.
Scheduling
Scheduling should be done on VM walls, plain and simple, and I'd like to exaggerate the importance of this. If there is no communication on VM walls and a game goes undone, it will be left to the RNG to decide the winner. If there is communication on only one user's behalf, the win will go to them. If there is a very healthy back and forth regarding potential times and one user is a no-show, a manager may take the opportunity to sub out the no-show competitor; if this is not done, the user that showed up responsibly will be awarded the win. Case in point: VM your opponents, schedule your matches, and be reliable. If you're not reliable, let your manager know so they can sub you out ASAP.
Sportsmanship
Exhibitions of unsportsmanlike conduct with regards to Other Metagame Premier League will be met with an infraction at the discretion of the OMPL host/OM mods. This is unlikely to include interactions within a team's private chat unless there is reason found to make an exception. This rule is meant to protect other users from being publicly flamed/bashed/provoked by another competitor for the duration of and following the tournament.​

On Deadline & Match Completion
All players must complete their matches by 11:59 on July 27th, 2017. Any incomplete matches by that time will be subject to activity decision (MAKE SURE YOU POST ON YOUR OPPONENT'S VM WALL IN AMPLE TIME TO SCHEDULE); otherwise, they will be decided via !pick publicly in the OM Room. All matches should ideally be done on your most notable alt (the one you registered for OMPL with) to avoid confusion and the replay must be saved and posted in this thread. The replays will be archived in the OMPL General Thread, and we will use them to calculate usage stats.

On Substitutions & Lineups
Managers, if you wish to make any substitutions, you must post here tagging both the player you're subbing out, the player you're subbing in, the manager and assistant manager of the opposing team, the substitute's opponent, and myself. This is to assure that everyone is in-the-loop and that the OP is updated accordingly to reflect the new match-up.

Managers, when you send in lineups, please send it in with the tier and Smogon username of each player fully written out (as shown below) for ease of transcription.

Matchups

The Five-Star Jolteons (Ransei / ScarfWynaut) VS (Uselesscrab / Peef Rimgar) The Accelerating Aegiblades

4-2 | 2-4

Almost Any Ability: Racool VS Megazard
Anything Goes: HunterStorm VS Chloe.
Balanced Hackmons: morogrim VS TheBurgerKing99 (Halliday)
Mix and Mega: InfernapeTropius11 VS Quantum Tesseract
Monotype: terrors VS Bushtush
Sketchmons: Official Fissure VS MiyoKa

The Untitled Unfezants (Bondie / Dream Eater Gengar) VS (The Immortal / E4 Flint) The Bedroom Blisseys

2-4 | 4-2

Almost Any Ability: aesf VS Laxpras
Anything Goes: Thimo VS Fardin
Balanced Hackmons: jasprose VS E4 Flint
Mix and Mega: Akashi (jeran) VS Mark_K
Monotype: Wanka VS 1 True Lycan
Sketchmons: Jordn VS The Ruins of Alpha

The Optimistic Mimikyus (Pikachuun / OM room) VS (Eevee General / darksylvion) The King Kois

4-2 | 2-4

Almost Any Ability: Lax VS rozes
Anything Goes: Catalystic VS Yuga42 (erotic pigeons)
Balanced Hackmons: GmU pokeboss9 VS GL Volkner
Mix and Mega: Funbot28 VS Chazm
Monotype: Clearly VS Sabella
Sketchmons: Dr. Phd. BJ VS ihhca

Last edited:

Pigeons

pidge pidge
is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
AG Predicts:

HunterStorm VS Chloe. - Chloe may have beaten Hunter many times in last gen's AG tours but this gen I'd say Hunter has a bit of a leg up on her. Could go either way for sure.

Thimo VS Fardin - This should be a really fun game, Thimo is Thimo so betting on him obviously but Fardin might pull an upset

Catalystic VS Yuga42 (Erotic Pigeons) - Lowkey just going to bring 6 Durants vs him because I'm lucky

Almost Any Ability: Racool VS Megazard While both of the sketchmons council members are good at the metagame, racool has the greater teambuilder depth to ensure... wait this is aaa. Racool beat jrdn so IG thats where we're going.
Anything Goes: HunterStorm VS Chloe. While Hunterstorm may be the better player, this is also a tournament match, so if we know anything a all about patterns we know he doesnt have a shot. Luckily, Pepa will be spending this round on the bench, so Chloe can breath a sigh of relief at stealth rocks returning as her greatest challenge.
Balanced Hackmons: morogrim VS TheBurgerKing99 (Halliday) The imfamous "Monogrim" will not be able to stand up to whatever stakout mon imposterproofed by Mega Swampert Halliday dreams up this time.
Mix and Mega: InfernapeTropius11 VS Quantum Tesseract
Monotype: terrors VS Bushtush As much as I hate to go against my boi terrors, Bushtush has been continually blowing me away with his performance this tour; it could certainly go either way, but this seems somewhat more likely at the moment.
Sketchmons: Official Fissure VS Miyoka Unless Miyoka is an unknown, fourth sketchmons player, is match is probably only going to go one way without a major upset.

Almost Any Ability: aesf VS Laxpras What is there to really say?
Anything Goes: Thimo VS Fardin Battling Thimo is hard at the best of times, and fardin has the added pressure of helping Mark K. No matter what, though, this gen 2 AG match will be a joy to watch.
Balanced Hackmons: jasprose VS E4 Flint Not even the gods can stand up to 6 primal Kyogre.
Mix and Mega: Akashi (jeran) VS Mark_K Everyone knows Jeran offers free wins in MnM.
Monotype: Wanka VS 1 True Lycan Both are solid players, sothis should be fun to watch
Sketchmons: Jordn VS The Ruins of Alpha While drampa has done surprisingly well, Im going to pick an arbitrary spot and say his streak stops here.

Almost Any Ability: motherlove VS rozes I don't know if even the best OMs player can beat 3 Hoopla that can outwrestle everything in little cup because they weigh 500 KG.
Anything Goes: Catalystic VS Yuga42 (erotic pigeons) Coil DD Zygarde with Mono coverage
Balanced Hackmons: GmU pokeboss9 VS GL Volkner Glory be to our savior, GmU pokeboss9
Mix and Mega: Funbot28 VS Chazm Funbot will probably bring something stupid like blue orb buzzwole or choice scarf dugtrio, almost pull the game out anyway, and then just miss out on the W
Monotype: Clearly VS Sabella Don't know enough to call, should be a good match tho
Sketchmons: Dr. Phd. BJ VS darksylvion (geerat) DPB will lose because his team forced him to run Quiver Dance Tapu Lele, which is a terrible mon and is in no way a good move on their part.

Its time for Peef's Prime Predicts

Almost Any Ability: aesf VS Laxpras
- In the battle of "who will get on less during the week to prepare", I'll take the player who's proven more consistent this gen. Aesf winning wouldn't shock me bc he's a freak but i play safe

Anything Goes: Thimo VS Fardin
- He's THE ULTIMATE BOBO. What else do you need. Plus i almost beat fardin with mega bee so who is he???

Balanced Hackmons: jasprose VS E4 Flint
- I'm going with the upset here. Jasp gets a kill with Light of Ruin don every game so why should I expect otherwise now

Mix and Mega: Akashi (jeran) VS Mark_K
- in the battle of "why" vs "who", its a toss. Mark K got an upset last week but idk if he can repeat, and jeran is struggling

Monotype: Wanka VS 1 True Lycan
- his name is wanka you cant argue with that. Besides that lycan has a glaring weakness of scheduling

Sketchmons: Jordn VS The Ruins of Alpha
- nothing makes sense anymore with drampas so im not a man to bet against him

-------

Almost Any Ability: motherlove VS rozes
- despite not drafting me for nupl, rozes seems pretty formidable rn. Too bad he's on the kois

Anything Goes: Catalystic VS Yuga42 (erotic pigeons)
- even if cata loses it doesn't count

- not even a meme pick, gmu is gonna bring some weird shit and dunk

Mix and Mega: Funbot28 VS Chazm
- i cant bet against the irish french canadian latina goddess herself

Monotype: Clearly VS Sabella
- clearly this is the result

Sketchmons: Dr. Phd. BJ VS darksylvion (geerat)
- love bj. Salt of the earth. Dude is not a starter level player

Jrdn

Not a promise, I'm just gonna call it.
Almost Any Ability: Racool VS Megazard - Freeze hax is all you need
Anything Goes: HunterStorm VS Chloe. - will come back stronger after a week 2 loss and get back in the win column
Balanced Hackmons: morogrim VS TheBurgerKing99 (Halliday) - Burgerkingmons will win balancedhackmons
Mix and Mega: InfernapeTropius11 VS Quantum Tesseract - I expect a win after last week's loss
Monotype: terrors VS Bushtush - He doesn't lose guys, it's not a thing
Sketchmons: Official Fissure VS MiyoKa - calling the out of nowhere upset. Hoping to see some interesting sets

Almost Any Ability: motherlove VS rozes - OM player of my heart vs OM player of the year
Anything Goes: Catalystic VS Yuga42 (erotic pigeons) - doesnt have numbers in his name, it's a gg
Mix and Mega: Funbot28 VS Chazm - Don't know chazm very well, but funbot is a strong player and I'm confident in this pick
Monotype: Clearly VS Sabella - Haven't seen sabella play a game since he ripped last year's aaa open r4 games out of my cold and dead hands. I've forgiven you
Sketchmons: Dr. Phd. BJ VS darksylvion (geerat) - My main man. Wins games and wins girlfriends

Last edited:
As a prestigious undefeated OMPL player for 3 weeks come R4 I got the predicts on deck.

Almost Any Ability: Racool VS Megazard - She is a brit
Anything Goes: HunterStorm VS Chloe. - Chloe got lucky not to be playing pepa this round but Hunter still has it
Balanced Hackmons: morogrim VS TheBurgerKing99 (Halliday) - Numbername McGee has nothing on moro
Mix and Mega: InfernapeTropius11 VS Quantum Tesseract - how can you beat someone with numbers in their name
Monotype: terrors VS Bushtush - Terrors predicted me to lose last week ;w;
Sketchmons: Official Fissure VS MiyoKa - Miyoka is gang

Chloe

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
NUPL Champion
Yeah because the constant default bold "he/she's a fellow teammate they can't lose xd xd xd!!!!!" is so reliable and honest.
Excuse me for being blunt, but how does sending your teammates such a negative message help anyone? I thought the general idea was helping each other perform, not exclaiming "I know we're supposed to help each other do well in this, but I don't see you winning at all." That's a really deplorable thing to do. You're completely missing my point.

EV

Banned deucer.
Excuse me for being blunt, but how does sending your teammates such a negative message help anyone? I thought the general idea was helping each other perform, not exclaiming "I know we're supposed to help each other do well in this, but I don't see you winning at all." That's a really deplorable thing to do. You're completely missing my point.
lol

Sabella

formerly Booty
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Past WCoP Champion
Almost Any Ability: Racool VS Megazard - Freeze hax is all you need
Anything Goes: HunterStorm VS Chloe. - will come back stronger after a week 2 loss and get back in the win column
Balanced Hackmons: morogrim VS TheBurgerKing99 (Halliday) - Burgerkingmons will win balancedhackmons
Mix and Mega: InfernapeTropius11 VS Quantum Tesseract - I expect a win after last week's loss
Monotype: terrors VS Bushtush - He doesn't lose guys, it's not a thing
Sketchmons: Official Fissure VS MiyoKa - calling the out of nowhere upset. Hoping to see some interesting sets

Almost Any Ability: motherlove VS rozes - OM player of my heart vs OM player of the year
Anything Goes: Catalystic VS Yuga42 (erotic pigeons) - doesnt have numbers in his name, it's a gg
Mix and Mega: Funbot28 VS Chazm - Don't know chazm very well, but funbot is a strong player and I'm confident in this pick
Monotype: Clearly VS Sabella - Haven't seen sabella play a game since he ripped last year's aaa open r4 games out of my cold and dead hands. I've forgiven you
Sketchmons: Dr. Phd. BJ VS darksylvion (geerat) - My main man. Wins games and wins girlfriends
Havent played aaa since finals of open last yr that formats fun as hell tho.

I just want to clarify that my predicts was a joke ;w;

AG and Mono Predicts:

Anything Goes: HunterStorm VS Chloe. - While Chloe really likes ho-ohs hunter really likes zygarde so unless Chloe packs Hp Ice LO Ho-oh Hunter's got this
Monotype: terrors VS Bushtush - Bush is good

Anything Goes: Thimo VS Fardin - 3000 turn stall game + netflix again?
Monotype: Wanka VS 1 True Lycan - Should be a great game as long as wanka doesn't get unlucky

Anything Goes: Catalystic VS Yuga42 (erotic pigeons) - Yuga42 is always lucky so I won't win this 6 durant mirror
Monotype: Clearly VS Sabella - Clearly seems to be much more consistent this gen than Sabella

EV

Banned deucer.
Spoken like a true 0-2-0 team captain
Looks like the misinterpretation goes both ways.

Nowhere did I advocate for rooting against your own teammates. Clearly that's stupid. I was just critiquing the blind loyalty of PLs. So keep rooting for your GMU Pokebosses and Smegma123s!

Looks like the misinterpretation goes both ways.

Nowhere did I advocate for rooting against your own teammates. Clearly that's stupid. I was just critiquing the blind loyalty of PLs. So keep rooting for your GMU Pokebosses and Smegma123s!
How you know I go by smegma123 as well :///

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
I make very serious predicts. Seriously no memes enclosed.
ok i lied

Almost Any Ability: Pepa VS Megazard -- Pepa is simply the best player in ompl, Megazard won't be able to keep up.
Anything Goes: Pepa VS Chloe. -- Pepa is simply the best player in ompl, esteemed tier leader Chloe won't be able to keep up.
Balanced Hackmons: Pepa VS TheBurgerKing99 (Halliday) -- Pepa is... wait have I said this before? Yeah Pepa > all
Mix and Mega: Pepa VS Quantum Tesseract -- I was going to make a Goodra joke but then I realized IT11 is just a coverup for the master so Jolteons win again.
Monotype: Pepa VS Bushtush -- What even is Monotype? More food for Pepa, that's what.
Sketchmons: Pepa VS MiyoKa -- I'm not looking forward to playing the Jolteons, Pepa is just too overwhleming.

Almost Any Ability: aesf VS Laxpras -- Go Blisseys!
Anything Goes: Thimo VS Fardin -- Go Blisseys!
Balanced Hackmons: jasprose VS E4 Flint -- Go Blisseys!
Mix and Mega: Akashi (jeran) VS Mark_K -- Go Blisseys!
Monotype: Wanka VS 1 True Lycan -- Go Blisseys!
Sketchmons: Jordn VS The Ruins of Alpha -- Go... hey thats me... tbh I've gone into every match so far expecting to lose so why change a winning strategy y/y?

Almost Any Ability: motherlove VS rozes -- hl match tbh but motherlove scares me
Anything Goes: Catalystic VS Yuga42 (erotic pigeons) -- I don't know either very well but I refuse to predict for someone named erotic pigeons.
Balanced Hackmons: GmU pokeboss9 VS GL Volkner --
I'm doomed
Mix and Mega: Funbot28 VS Chazm -- no clue. Funbot is good, but I don't really know Chazm although I get the impression they're also good.
Monotype: Clearly VS Sabella -- I know nothing about Monotype. Go Blisseys!
Sketchmons: Dr. Phd. BJ VS darksylvion (geerat) -- I just don't think the good Dr. knows gen 7 well enough, and G Rat is a solid player.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)