OMPL V: Discussion Thread

I did not care when to play, he was being hard on the time, I was however suprised when he challenged. This was not my choice, it was his.
Are you actually going forward with that?? Jesus fuck man, Bondie didnt pay 19.5k on you for this. You probably have enough skill to beat 90% of the bh players 100% of the time so stop wasting our time.
Thank you

I did not care when to play, he was being hard on the time, I was however suprised when he challenged. This was not my choice, it was his.
Did you not at all question why you were challenged to the wrong gen or for a second think it's a meme? That's like HNBL challenging me to a monotype random battle and me going "this seems about right, I guess this is our format this week"

No, in fact Monotype Random Battles, are an entirely differnt thing. The matchups do NOT say "Monotype Random Battle". It says "Anything Goes", Generation is unspecified. Please read the last 2 pages of the OMPL Week 2 thread, instead of just repeating what sin(pi) said. Thanks

No, in fact Monotype Random Battles, are an entirely differnt thing. The matchups do NOT say "Monotype Random Battle". It says "Anything Goes", Generation is unspecified. Please read the last 2 pages, instead of just repeating what sin(pi) said. Thanks

Generation is specified, if you were playing gen 6 anything goes the schedule would clearly say [Gen 6] Anything Goes

The [Gen 6] part is just as important as the 'Random' part in monotype random battles. It is not the same tier at all and on PS is clearly labelled differently.

lol. ur honestly telling me that u think u deserve an ag win for this week after a gen 6 game?

And you try to say that Cata saying "ompl" after posting a gen 6 link means that he wants to play that game for the week. But wait, Didnt you do the EXACT SAME THING IN YOUR WEEK VS HUNTERSTORM im positive as fuck that plenty of people were there before your game and i know for a fact that Erotic pidgeons, and cata were both there as well as fardin. so for you to say that this means you deserve a win is hypocritical as fuck and just childish.

Then you say that the game list says "Anything Goes" and not "Gen 7 or SUMO anything goes" but thats literally how its shown in the tier list on showdown. If you go to play a ladder game on showdown you are going to see "Anything goes" so if it wasn't blatantly obvious that every single person has played gen 7 already without a problem, its also impossible to challenge someone to "Gen 7 anything goes" because it just shows up as anything goes on showdown tier list, just like how it is on the ompl thread.

According to your logic, next week i could challenge someone to gen 4 anything goes or gen 5 monotype and thats perfectly fine because the gen isnt specified. Are you telling me you see no fault with this? please be joking

Not to be rude or anything but you don't deserve shit lol. You both are on right now so you could just play a gen 7 game right now and this would all be solved. I don't even care who wins at this point, i just want this petty ass drama to stop alerting me.

Ransei

Garde Mystik
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
lol. ur honestly telling me that u think u deserve an ag win for this week after a gen 6 game?

And you try to say that Cata saying "ompl" after posting a gen 6 link means that he wants to play that game for the week. But wait, Didnt you do the EXACT SAME THING IN YOUR WEEK VS HUNTERSTORM im positive as fuck that plenty of people were there before your game and i know for a fact that Erotic pidgeons, and cata were both there as well as fardin. so for you to say that this means you deserve a win is hypocritical as fuck and just childish.

Then you say that the game list says "Anything Goes" and not "Gen 7 or SUMO anything goes" but thats literally how its shown in the tier list on showdown. If you go to play a ladder game on showdown you are going to see "Anything goes" so if it wasn't blatantly obvious that every single person has played gen 7 already without a problem, its also impossible to challenge someone to "Gen 7 anything goes" because it just shows up as anything goes on showdown tier list, just like how it is on the ompl thread.

According to your logic, next week i could challenge someone to gen 4 anything goes or gen 5 monotype and thats perfectly fine because the gen isnt specified. Are you telling me you see no fault with this? please be joking

Not to be rude or anything but you don't deserve shit lol. You both are on right now so you could just play a gen 7 game right now and this would all be solved. I don't even care who wins at this point, i just want this petty ass drama to stop alerting me.
Can we end this discussion? antemortem already settled it out http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...dministrative-decisions.3607036/#post-7436013

Laxpras

One small yeet for man, one giant yeet for mankind
While we all agree that the Aegiblades got the best draft by far, it's important to realise that unlike the Aegiblades, other teams have gaping flaws that must be addressed.

3rd.
Untitled Unfezants - The Unfezants started strong by drafting two of the best players in the auction Thimo and Jordn followed by an extremely competent BH pick in jasprose. However, other than their solid Monotype drafts the remainder of the team looks quite inexperienced. aesf has barely played Pokémon this generation, wishes hasn't played any of these metagames extensively and Bondie, Ubers isn't in OMPL. While these flaws do exist, they have a solid starter in each slot bar Mix and Mega which looks like they'll just slot Jeran in. If aesf manages to play his games and Jeran doesn't lose his temper at opponents too often then I can see the Unfezants doing very well and even coming second.

2nd
Five-Star Jolteons - While Ransei wasted 3k kinda early in on the draft, his team does look quite solid. Two of the best Sketchmons picks, one of the best BH picks, one of the best AG picks and a solid Mix and Mega player. The remainder of the team is somewhat underwhelming. They lack an AAA main so will probably slot racool or Fissure into it. terrors is their Monotype pick but I don't know much about that metagame so I'll just assume he's solid? I don't know why DBW was bought, or why Glyx was bought over an AAA main but overall a substantial draft from Ransei, just like last year.

1st.
Bedroom Blisseys - TI, making the 1st placed team, went straight for a 19k splurge on corrupt leader Flint, a 14k expenditure on Chloe-Slaying Fardin, and another two large investments in Laxpras, who was a complete fucking steal and how did everyone let TI get away with a 9k draft on him, and Lycan. It should be noted that these top picks are performing solidly, even beating the top 3 priced players of the "favorite" Aegiblades. TI's draft looked incredibly solid until the second half, and the second half is doing just as well as the first. He purchased a Mix and Mega player with shockingly limited experience PRODIGY, and definitely not up to par with the other he dominated your Mix and Mega picks. Whereas in his Sketchmons slot he went for Leru Drampas Grandpa, someone I can conclude has had very limited experience in any is U N D E F E A T E D in this OM. draegn as a replacement BH player is nice but and The Ruins of Alpha/Drampa's Grandpa hasn't expertise in any ALL of these metagames. Not to mention that Laxpras is currently U N D E F E A T E D. AGAIN. M.I.A and probably won't be here for the first few weeks. The AG/BH/Mono (lol you really fucked that one no lie) AAA/Sketchmons slots will have to carry continue performing well for the remainder of their great team members. My thoughts for the Blisseys are simplified in this minor exchange: "Blisseys-Aegiblades 4-2 with your mono win being complete hax"

It also seems like you forgot a set? Please add the Aegislash set, make sure you detail its apparent tendency to underperform to this point in the tour despite high priced players, excessive hype, and shit talking.

6th
King Kois - The Kois definitely have some good team members in PurpleGatorade and rozes; however, the rest of the team looks weak. They can't have GL Volkner playing two slots so Chazm will have to play Mix and Mega. Sabella for Monotype, I don't know how good they are but apparently they're the goat so idk. darksylvion in Sketch I suppose. jrm is an average BH pick, and the only notable reserves are Yuga and fsk. Shiba hasn't played AAA since last gen, soulgazer the OM main, ihhca for the seventh STABmons slot, HNBL as a subpar monotype player and Roseybear, which I honestly didn't know played OMs but I guess when enough tournaments in the tournaments room appear you're bound to join some and beat all the COPPA-illegal users that join that room like parivard, submit replays and screenshots to the gullible Eevee General and get drafted (sry rosey =[ u seem cool dont hate me).

5th
Optimistic Mimikyus - Okay let me start by saying I still can't get over how poorly Pikachuun drafted this auction. Not to say that the team is bad, there are definitely some solid picks, but for the most part it feels rushed, not cared for and quite meh. To say that this team will do well is very optimistic to say the least. When Pikachuun drafted GmU I knew it was all over but then he spent 9.5k on an average AG player and then kept all his credits until late in the auction. Started dishing out 3k on everyone he could think of. The only player on the team that cost over 10k was motherlove (expectedly). Other than motherlove, Funbot, Donno, Clearly and maybe Lax, this team was very poorly drafted. Which ORAS player are they going to put in BH, the easily counter-teamable anna says hi (hi i bring stall every match), or the esteemed aki0s? Alternatively if they put motherlove in BH, which is an option, they lack a solid way to fit their Sketchmons slot as Funbot will move to AAA and Zephyr will move to M&M, unless they put Lax/Bluxio? (again, why did you draft Bluxio) in AAA and don't move anyone or alternatively put the guy that just came back a week ago - Dr. Phd. BJ in Sketchmons and pray that his opponents don't know how to play the metagame. Illusio the 4k pick that went up in price from 3k, even though he hasn't played Pokémon since last auction. yoman5 returned a week ago, sin(pi) is an inverse player which has never been in an OMPL as far as I know. This might seem like a massive attack on Chuun, and I recognise the fact that he had something going on at that time (hence the requirement to have Klang there just in case) but seriously you had two weeks to research who played Pokémon and you didn't even take that opportunity.
Changes in Bold, but this needs a whole lot of work to be honest, other QC members will have to work on the rest of it.
Once changes implemented, QC 1/3 GP 0/2

I hope you didn't think you were actually going to get away with that catastrophe of a post but this is in good fun :~)

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/ompl-v-replays-usage-stats.3608680/#post-7428181

Week 2 of Usage Stats are out!
  • Buzzwole fell to being tied for 7th most usage in AAA, whereas Zygarde bumped from 11th usage to 1st.
  • Arceus maintained its position for most used in Anything Goes.
  • Chansey remained most used in Balanced Hackmons, whereas Groudon-Primal dropped to secnod most used.
  • Marshadow dropped to second most used, switching with Arceus (second last week, now most used) in Mix and Mega.
  • Magearna remained most used in Monotype, with Gastrodon joining it after raising from not being used at all last week.
  • Tapu Fini remained most used in Sketchmons, while being joined by a staggering six other Pokemon for most used [Rhyperior, Kartana, Slowbro, Tangrowth, Heatran, and Zygarde]
Seems interesting! Anything you guys noticed in terms of usage trends?

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/ompl-v-replays-usage-stats.3608680/#post-7428181

Week 2 of Usage Stats are out!
  • Buzzwole fell to being tied for 7th most usage in AAA, whereas Zygarde bumped from 11th usage to 1st.
  • Arceus maintained its position for most used in AAA.
  • Chansey remained most used in Balanced Hackmons, whereas Groudon-Primal dropped to secnod most used.
  • Marshadow dropped to second most used, switching with Arceus (second last week, now most used) in Mix and Mega.
  • Magearna remained most used in Monotype, with Gastrodon joining it after raising from not being used at all last week.
  • Tapu Fini remained most used in Sketchmons, while being joined by a staggering six other Pokemon for most used [Rhyperior, Kartana, Slowbro, Tangrowth, Heatran, and Zygarde]
Seems interesting! Anything you guys noticed in terms of usage trends?
I find Arceus usage in AAA VERY interesting

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)