OM Teambuilding Shop V4 - under new ownership!

Laxpras

One small yeet for man, one giant yeet for mankind
Can I get an AAA team around mixed Aerilate Thundurus? I was thinking basically the refrigerate set with aerilate instead but if you want to change the set a bit.

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Return
- Thunderbolt
- Superpower
- Knock Off

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Return
- Thunderbolt
- Superpower
- Knock Off

Volcanion @ Choice Specs
Ability: Tinted Lens
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Steam Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Scald
- Toxic

Meloetta @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 232 SpD / 24 Spe
Calm Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Doublade @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- Sacred Sword
- Shadow Sneak

Entei @ Life Orb
Ability: Refrigerate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge
- Howl

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 200 Def / 60 SpD
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Defog
- Roost
- Dazzling Gleam

That Thundurus set is actually really good so there's no reason to change it. My first thought was to add another special attacker, as Thundurus can lure in RegenVesters and Chansey and Koff their item. I chose Volcanion as its crazy good has a x4 resist to Ice, which obviously threatens Thundurus. I figured I was going to build a more offensive team, so Meloetta is kind of a necessity for offensive builds atm as it doesn't auto lose to Noivern. I then added Doublade as -Ate Lucario and birds threatens the entire team so far. It didn't need Flash Fire to also check Entei, as Volcanion does that. Thus it makes a nice Regen Core with Meloetta. I wanted priority for the last offensive threat on the team, and Entei fits really well. Volcanion can lure in Water types and FF Steels and KO them due to Tinted Lens Steam Eruption, and then Entei will generally have a field day with the rest of your opponent's team. Also, it really appreciates Meloetta being able to pivot out of Noivern/Thundurus/Latios etc. so then Entei can safely come in and KO with -Ate Speed. From here the team was really ground weak, needed hazard removal, and Scarf TTar Crunch was really threatening, so I added Togekiss to fill in these holes. It can spread Paralysis which makes Volcanion really threatening, and can shut down Volt Switch teams due to Volt Absorb. Having three immunities is really cool, and it also checks Hydreigon, which is one of the few special attackers that beat Meloetta. It seems like its a pretty good team, it has some trouble with PH Manaphy, but so does every team because its broken af. Enjoy :)

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/almostanyability-462506769
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/almostanyability-462504197

Meta: Balanced Hackmons
Service: 1
Sprites:

Sets:
Gengar-Mega @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Judgment
- Secret Sword
- Shell Smash
- King's Shield

Description: I have played Balanced Hackmons for a while, but I have not really tried to innovate, as all the teams I build end up being some sort of copy of each other (ie: Imposter Chansey/Registeel end up on all of my teams), and I came here for some creative ideas. Anyways, this Mega Gengar set is very good, as it can hit hard and be immune to Imposter (bar spooky plate, which is not that common). Secret Sword is for normal types, especially fur coat Chansey. Shell Smash is to set up and Outspeed and OHKO almost everything. King's Shield is to counter Fake Out + Extreme Speed.
Playstyle: Anything that works

MAMP

MAMP!
Sprites:

Sets:
Modest Nature
- Judgment
- Secret Sword
- Shell Smash
- King's Shield

Description: I have played Balanced Hackmons for a while, but I have not really tried to innovate, as all the teams I build end up being some sort of copy of each other (ie: Imposter Chansey/Registeel end up on all of my teams), and I came here for some creative ideas. Anyways, this Mega Gengar set is very good, as it can hit hard and be immune to Imposter (bar spooky plate, which is not that common). Secret Sword is for normal types, especially fur coat Chansey. Shell Smash is to set up and Outspeed and OHKO almost everything. King's Shield is to counter Fake Out + Extreme Speed.
reserving

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Return
- Thunderbolt
- Superpower
- Knock Off

Volcanion @ Choice Specs
Ability: Tinted Lens
Modest Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Scald
- Toxic

Meloetta @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 232 SpD / 24 Spe
Calm Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Doublade @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- Sacred Sword
- Shadow Sneak

Entei @ Life Orb
Ability: Refrigerate
Shiny: Yes
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge
- Howl

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 200 Def / 60 SpD
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Defog
- Roost
- Dazzling Gleam

That Thundurus set is actually really good so there's no reason to change it. My first thought was to add another special attacker, as Thundurus can lure in RegenVesters and Chansey and Koff their item. I chose Volcanion as its crazy good has a x4 resist to Ice, which obviously threatens Thundurus. I figured I was going to build a more offensive team, so Meloetta is kind of a necessity for offensive builds atm as it doesn't auto lose to Noivern. I then added Doublade as -Ate Lucario and birds threatens the entire team so far. It didn't need Flash Fire to also check Entei, as Volcanion does that. Thus it makes a nice Regen Core with Meloetta. I wanted priority for the last offensive threat on the team, and Entei fits really well. Volcanion can lure in Water types and FF Steels and KO them due to Tinted Lens Steam Eruption, and then Entei will generally have a field day with the rest of your opponent's team. Also, it really appreciates Meloetta being able to pivot out of Noivern/Thundurus/Latios etc. so then Entei can safely come in and KO with -Ate Speed. From here the team was really ground weak, needed hazard removal, and Scarf TTar Crunch was really threatening, so I added Togekiss to fill in these holes. It can spread Paralysis which makes Volcanion really threatening, and can shut down Volt Switch teams due to Volt Absorb. Having three immunities is really cool, and it also checks Hydreigon, which is one of the few special attackers that beat Meloetta. It seems like its a pretty good team, it has some trouble with PH Manaphy, but so does every team because its broken af. Enjoy :)

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/almostanyability-462506769
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/almostanyability-462504197
This team looks good and fun. I also like using Volcanion so it's cool it is on the team as well.

Metagame: 350 Cup
Sprite(s) of Pokemon:

Sets:
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Short Description: When I played 350 cup for the first time, I wanted to use Mantyke for that godly 90/240 special bulk, and it was amazingly good at checking the at-the-time-unbanned Smeargle with Haze. In what is probably my best teambuilding move to date, I figured that Hippopotas would work well to switch into all the physical attacks that Mantyke struggled with, as well as being able to switch into Electric Type attacks for free, which were basically the only kind of special attack that could really threaten Mantyke.
Playstyle: I'm hoping for more of a balance team, but honestly I'll take anything. Obviously, this team can't exactly be HO, but I don't have any playstyle that I really prefer.
Hi, and here's your team!
I started out with the mons that you asked for, and built a balance team. First came a Second Wall- Hippotas is super sketchy against Staravia, so I included Slowpoke. From there, I added an MGar who could beat opposing stall and defeat any Arceus that carried coverage for the walls, while serving as a decent answer to Xerneas, which just ignored out primary special wall. After that came Clefairy, who with magic guard and heal bell allows the team to stay functioning in the face of status. I then wanted to include Foongus, but the team had no hazard removal or anti-hazard play so I added Vibrava, who can take on PDon should Mantyke get worn down and has decent offensive prowess
Hippopotas @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Earthquake
- Whirlwind

Mantyke @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 SpD
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Toxic
- Air Slash
- Sleep Talk

Clefairy @ Shed Shell
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast
- Heal Bell

Vibrava @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Defog
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Roost

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Protect

Slowpoke @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Zen Headbutt
- Slack Off
- Toxic
- Scald

However, there were still problems. Mantyke is a dead weight around the neck of the team, as it possesses no support moves except toxic and haze, the latter of which it will never get to use. It also loses to 3 of the tier's 4 main special attackers; Xerneas, Primal Kyogre, and Mega Gengar. It also lacks recovery and offensive pressure, so even what it does wall, such as Support Primal Groudon, can either wear it down or set up on it.

Thus, I would suggest replacing it with either Chansey or Foongus, both of whom fulfill the "specially defensive" role far better than Mantyke does. If you really want it, though, any of these can be slotted in over Mega Gengar as a fairy-type answer.
Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss
- Aromatherapy
- Wish

or

Foongus @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Clear Smog
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Foul Play

or

Foongus @ Assault Vest
Calm Nature
- Clear Smog
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Foul Play

Replays:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/rom-350cup-37119
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/rom-350cup-37124

Last edited:

DoW

formally Death on Wings
Metagame: AG
Sprites of Pokemon:

Sets:
IDK what would work best, standard LO and/or banded sets are what I'm thinking of though
Short description: Ho-Oh is the best mon in AG¹. Most teams' method of beating it is to wear it down with rocks then wait for it to kill itself via brave bird and LO. So, if there's two of them (with appropriate defog support of course), they should be able to punch holes in all sorts of things. The only problem is that if I were to try building this team, my first step would be to add quagsire and it'd turn into yet another stall team, because I have no idea how to build anything offensive.
¹ Chloe says so
Playstyle: Somewhere around the Offense-y Balance-y area, though I wouldn't mind HO either.

Thanks in advance ^_^

dusk raimon

Banned deucer.

here is your fire mono team LaxLapras!

Infernape @ Choice Band
Ability: Iron Fist
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Flare Blitz
- Thunder Punch

Volcanion @ Air Balloon
Ability: Water Absorb
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Steam Eruption
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Bomb

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Defog

Fletchinder
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Atk / 152 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp

Rotom-Heat @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 180 SpD / 80 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power

So i started off with the core as per requested of infernape and volcanion, and this ended up becoming generic fire HO with a few cool sets which help alleviate match up pressure, e.g. fire versus ground. So i used band nape which is an incredible wallbreaker, and air balloon hp grass volcanion which can do some insane work versus ground teams, i also added zard Y as "reliable rocks removal" aka the best option for full HO fire teams as it doesn't lose momentum like torkoal does. Fletchinder was another stellar option for a sweeper/cleaner and rotom-heat with a choice scarf was another possible cleaner, and an effective momentum grabber with volt switch. Finally i added heatran for some rocks of my own and its able to spread toxic and burns with lava plume and toxic, and can hit hard enough to not be too passive for the team and retain some momentum.

Metagame: Balanced Hackmons
Sprite(s) of Pokemon:

Sets:
whatever Mawile runs
Short Description: Found this thing on the BH VR and it looks quite interesting, but I don't even know what it commonly runs, aside that it's a Mawilite set to get the otherwise banned Huge Power, so I obviously don't know how to build around it.
Playstyle: whatever Mawile fits best in
Sorry it took so long, I had this team for a while and I was procrastinating on testing it.
Mawile @ Mawilite
Ability: Download
EVs: 8 HP / 252 Atk / 248 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Gear Grind
- Play Rough
- Sacred Fire/Close Combat

Aegislash @ Safety Goggles
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Topsy-Turvy/Haze
- Roost
- Parting Shot
- Will-O-Wisp

Mewtwo-Mega-X @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 224 Atk / 32 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- V-create
- Judgment
- Superpower
- Extreme Speed/Draco Meteor

EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Judgment
- Secret Sword
- Pursuit
- King's Shield/Shell Smash

Diancie-Mega @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Pixelate
Hasty Nature
- Fake Out
- Boomburst
- Magma Storm
- Extreme Speed

Aegislash @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Prankster
IVs: 0 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Spore
- Stealth Rock/Topsy Turvy/Haze
- Recover
- U-turn

Mawile is a rather niche mon in BH, but it's far from useless. Download+Shift Gear or Simple are the main sets, but I tend to prefer download in case I need to hit straight off the bat. With the EV spread above, it outspeeds MMX at +2, letting it sweep most BH teams. While Fairy and Steel don't have the greatest coverage, they are Mawile's hardest hitting options, with Play Rough handling Giratina and Gear Grind breaking Pokemon behind a Substitute, as well as fishing for crits. Sacred Fire is the preferred option to hit Shedinja and spread burns, but if you find that Gengar+Aegislash handles Shedinja well enough Close Combat is an option to hit Registeel and Primal Groudon harder.
As an imposterproofer, I chose Aegislash over Registeel as I felt the fighting immunity was worth the ghost and dark weaknesses. With that, I could then freely add Contrary MMX. Since Flash Fire Aegislash is common, I added Spooky Judgement to hit themwhile staying imposterproof-32 spa hits a jump point and gives a 60% chance to 2HKO Safety Goggles Aegislash after rocks without sacrificing much attack power. The choice between Draco Meteor and Extreme Speed is that of Stall versus Offense. If you do decide on Draco meteor, feel free to remove the special attack, as Draco renders the lack of power moot.
After that, Gengar is another mon not greatly bothered by imposter, and is perhaps the best answer to Shedinja in existance. It's relatively easy to slot onto any team. Kings sheild blocks -ate, but Shell Smash lets you sweep once -ate is gone. It also has the nice ability to serve as further Improofing for pokemon #5, Diancie. I initially went MRay in this slot, but the team was far too weak to Tyranitar for that to be a real option.
Another wall was needed, and since we already had an Aegislash it seemed fitting to add another one for disguise purposes. The set is fairly standard, with Stealth Rocks chosen for team support. Haze and Topsy Turvy are also Options, but they are not as useful in most games. If you decide you need Defog after playing add it here; otherwise, it's unnecessary

Watch out for Scarf Garchomp and Shell Smash Mega Gengar, but everything else should be handleable.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-466758529
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-466765853

What's that!? A bird? A plane?

No silly! It's just BIAF and LaxLapras being really bored!

Give us Tier Shift requests! It's not that dead.

:heart:
Ok then. I request a Tier Shift team around Servine.
Servine @ Eviolite
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis
- Glare

I just put Synthesis and Glare because it's fat but put whatever you want. SubSeed, Taunt, whatever.

What's that!? A bird? A plane?

No silly! It's just BIAF and LaxLapras being really bored!

Give us Tier Shift requests! It's not that dead.

:heart:
Metagame: Tier Shift
Playstyle: Probably Offense
Pokemon: Chatot+Crawdaunt
Service:1

Chatot @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
Timid Nature
- Chatter
- Boomburst
- Substitute / Roost / Whatever
- Nasty Plot / Taunt / Whatever
+
Crawdaunt @ Life Orb / Choice Band
Ability: Adaptability
Adamant Nature
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Swords Dance / Crunch

Tier Shift is a very stally metagame, but there are some pretty good stall- and wallbreakers as well. With how successful Togekiss is at breaking stall in OU, I feel like Chatot ought to be able to do something similar. It has a lot of tools, between Chatter, Taunt, Encore, Nasty Plot, Boomburst, and if you feel really lucky sing. Crawdaunt would perform mostly the same role as standard, crushing everything that gets in its way. Since they have very different answers, I feel like you could do a lot of damage to stall no matter what they have. With this, I think the rest of the team could focus on a matchup vs offense, which these aren't worthless in but definitely don't sweep by themselves.

Laxpras

One small yeet for man, one giant yeet for mankind
Metagame: Tier Shift
Playstyle: Probably Offense
Pokemon: Chatot+Crawdaunt
Service:1

Chatot @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Chatter
- Boomburst
- Substitute / Roost / Whatever
- Nasty Plot / Taunt / Whatever
+
Crawdaunt @ Life Orb / Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Swords Dance / Crunch

Tier Shift is a very stally metagame, but there are some pretty good stall- and wallbreakers as well. With how successful Togekiss is at breaking stall in OU, I feel like Chatot ought to be able to do something similar. It has a lot of tools, between Chatter, Taunt, Encore, Nasty Plot, Boomburst, and if you feel really lucky sing. Crawdaunt would perform mostly the same role as standard, crushing everything that gets in its way. Since they have very different answers, I feel like you could do a lot of damage to stall no matter what they have. With this, I think the rest of the team could focus on a matchup vs offense, which these aren't worthless in but definitely don't sweep by themselves.

Chatot @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Chatter
- Boomburst
- Substitute
- Roost

Crawdaunt @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Crabhammer
- Superpower
- Aqua Jet

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 248 HP / 96 Def / 144 SpD / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Metagross @ Assault Vest
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Atk / 96 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit

Latias @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish
- Defog

Rhydon @ Eviolite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 140 HP / 252 Atk / 116 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Honestly, you're getting some certified Laxpras heat here. I started with your core, opting for SubRoost Chattot because its annoying af and Banddaunt to help out the real check casher of the team: Double Dance Rino. Crawdaunt can put huge dents into phys walls, allowing Rhydon to clean late game (and honestly just sweep a lot of teams at matchup). I'm hyped I finally built around it because its so damn good in TS with 120/145/135/60/60/55 (575 BST) stats and Eviolite (Rip Rhygod Gen7). Rhydon also provides an electric immunity for Crawdaunt and Chatot. Mega Venusaur helps all three of these teamates perfectly, provided fighting, electric, and water resists. Mega Venu is just a great mon in general in TS. I then wanted a SpDef wall, and chose AV Metagross due to its still sizeable offensive presence and access to Pursuit. The team also needed a Rock and Dragon resist. Healing Wish Latias was the next option for the team. Latias fit the bill of the last team member. It has the natural bulk, typing, and immunity to switch into many attackers, provides hazard control, some speed, and most importantly Healing Wish. Mega Venusaur absolutely loves Healish Wish because Synthesis kinda sucks and it despises burns. AV Metagross loves Healing Wish. Rhydon can come back for a second sweep with Healing Wish. I played 4 matches against BIAF, who is one of the few other good TS players. Won 3, lost 1 on a Stone Edge miss. Each replay shows something different and how the team functions really well. This team is just really lit tbh. That said, there's a weakness to Dark as two of the defensive mons of the team are weak to it, the third is neutral, and the only resist is Crawdaunt. Luckily MVenu handles Koff decently, but its still a big threat. Also the team doesn't have SR support, but that wasn't a problem in any of the games I played. To fix both of these issues, AV Tyranitar could be used over Metagross, but it either puts Sand up with Venu hates or TTar doesn't get the Sand boost, and you lose the dragon and rock resist. Another idea is changing Latias & Metagross to Sylveon and Excadrill (Sylveon can provide Wish and HBell, and a Dragon immunity, Excadrill gives a Rock resist, Dragon resist, Hazard control, and possibly its own SR, but the Ground weakness starts to stack). The team seems really good as is, but the Dark weakness is definitely there.

Sidenote: If you really hate stall, NPlot or Taunt both work fine on Chatot over Roost.

Enjoy!

e: someone request an AAA team with something not too standard pls n ty

Last edited:
e: someone request an AAA team with something not too standard pls n ty
Can I have a team with Chandelure? I really like it and I saw it down there in the viability rankings.
I really don't care what set it is. Deso Land and Sheer Force are cool.

Metagame: Mix & Mega
Service: 2

Magnezone @ Pinsirite
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 168 HP / 252 SpA / 88 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Tri Attack
- Flash Cannon
- Thunder

Zygarde @ Altarianite
Ability: Aura Break
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge

Volcarona @ Sablenite
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 8 Def / 252 SpA / 248 Spe
Timid Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Fiery Dance
- Quiver Dance
- Giga Drain

Gengar @ Lucarionite
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Protect

Skarmory @ Blue Orb
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Defog
- Roost
- Whirlwind

Heatran @ Ampharosite
- Earth Power
- Magma Storm
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Short Description:
This is actually the "final" version of the MnM team I've been using since the first time it got OMotM. I don't remember exactly what the whole team was originally, but I know Altarianite Zygarde and Sablenite Volcarona were part of the original team (though only Volcarona still has exactly the same moves; Zygarde used to have Coil over Dragon Dance, and Volcarona was originally bulky, not fast). Since then, I've been replacing things that didn't work, but now it's gotten to the point where I can't really pinpoint any one Pokemon that needs changing. That said, this team loses pretty hard to common Pokemon, like Primal Groudon, Keldeo, and Gengar, so it's in need of a tune-up. However, I should probably explain what Sablenite Volcarona does, since you might be wondering by now why that's the one thing that's changed the least in over a year. Sablenite Volcarona is incredibly powerful, and can muscle through most any team once Pinsirite Priority, Ekiller, and Fire types are gone. It also serves as an excellent anti-lead against Pidgeotite Sleep, which was extremely common when I first started. Since no one expects Sablenite on Volcarona, they use Hypnosis every time, and I get a free Quiver Dance, which literally won me half of every single game. For the record, I also tried Absolite, and it just doesn't work as well; without the defensive boosts, it can't really sweep. Oh, also, Magnezone's EVs are specific, but I don't remember exactly what for. Maybe to live a Stone Edge from Cobalion?
Playstyle: I know next to nothing of how to build teams in any kind of playstyle, so this has never been built with one in mind.

MAMP

MAMP!
Sprites:

Sets:
Modest Nature
- Judgment
- Secret Sword
- Shell Smash
- King's Shield

yo im really sorry for taking so long to do this, i forgot that id reserved this one :// anyway heres the team:

Ability: Teravolt
Timid Nature
- Shell Smash
- Judgment
- Secret Sword
- Pursuit

Rayquaza-Mega @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Boomburst
- Secret Sword
- Volt Switch
- Trick

Groudon @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Thousand Arrows
- Aromatherapy

Steelix-Mega @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 SpD
Impish Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Thousand Arrows
- U-turn
- Nuzzle

Rayquaza-Mega @ Life Orb
Ability: Gale Wings
Modest Nature
- Tail Glow
- Oblivion Wing
- Earth Power
- Substitute

Yveltal @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Def / 136 SpD
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Milk Drink
- Stealth Rock
- Circle Throw

Description: Mega Gengar is a really fun mon and it was fun to build around :0 You may notice that I changed the set slightly, replacing King's Shield with Pursuit -- King's Shield is honestly pretty niche on MGar and Pursuit ended up being more useful on the team overall.

Teravolt Pursuit Mega Gengar + Specs Aerilate Mega Rayquaza form a really formidable offensive core that's able to tear apart defensive cores with ease. Mega Rayquaza is practically unwallable and does a fantastic job at buttering up opposing teams to allow for a late game Mega Gengar sweep. One of the few things that Mega Ray can't just blow through is Shedinja, against which you can Volt Switch to Pursuit trap it with Mega Gengar. The rest of the team supports this strategy and covers the various threats that these two can't deal with. Soundproof Groudon beats an Imposter that copies Specs Ray, switches into opposing -ate mons, and supports the team with Defog and Aromatherapy. Regenvest Mega Steelix serves as a secondary -ate switch-in and helps out the offensive core by giving them free switches with its slow U-turns. It also spreads paralysis around, which is really appreciated by Specs Ray especially. Gale Wings Ray provides the team with a powerful priority user which helps against set-up sweepers and other fast mons. It's also a very threatening sweeper in its own right, and can clean up weakened teams late game if Gengar can't get the job done. It really appreciates having the opponents flying resists worn down by Specs Ray as well. The team is rounded out by Unaware Yveltal -- a somewhat unorthodox choice, but one that I think works well for this team. Yveltal anti-Imposters Gale Wings Ray, as well as beating a wide variety of miscellaneous set-up sweepers like PH Kyogre and opposing GW Rays and Gengars. It sets up Stealth Rock to help wear down opposing teams and Knock Off is always a fantastic tool to have which can make it a real nuisance to switch into.

I played a few matches on the ladder to test this team out and it worked pretty well -- unfortunately I forgot to save any replays :// This team is probably worth tweaking a little bit, it struggles somewhat against Primal Groudon, you have to keep up offensive pressure to stop it from coming in freely, and if it gets in for free against Steelix, Yveltal or Specs Ray locked into anything but Boomburst you will lose a Pokemon. This team also doesn't really have any great status switch-ins, it kinda relies on Groudon's Aromatherapy to deal with things like Will-o-Wisp, but with careful play this is still manageable.

Again, really sorry for taking so long with this :// I hope you enjoy the team !!

• Metagame: Mix and Mega
  • Service: (1)
  • Sprite(s) of Pokemon:
Espeon @ Blazikenite
Ability: Synchronize
- Stored Power
- Protect
- Psychic move preffered
- any

Very interested in experimenting with Blazikenite Espeon for this gen and next as I plan on taking advantage of Tapu Lele on my mnm team, but for this gen at least I want to see how good this could be.

Metagame: Mix & Mega

Magnezone @ Pinsirite
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Tri Attack
- Flash Cannon
- Thunder

Zygarde @ Altarianite
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge

Volcarona @ Sablenite
Timid Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Fiery Dance
- Quiver Dance
- Giga Drain

Gengar @ Lucarionite
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Protect

Skarmory @ Blue Orb
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Defog
- Roost
- Whirlwind

Heatran @ Ampharosite
- Earth Power
- Magma Storm
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Short Description: This is actually the "final" version of the MnM team I've been using since the first time it got OMotM. I don't remember exactly what the whole team was originally, but I know Altarianite Zygarde and Sablenite Volcarona were part of the original team (though only Volcarona still has exactly the same moves; Zygarde used to have Coil over Dragon Dance, and Volcarona was originally bulky, not fast). Since then, I've been replacing things that didn't work, but now it's gotten to the point where I can't really pinpoint any one Pokemon that needs changing. That said, this team loses pretty hard to common Pokemon, like Primal Groudon, Keldeo, and Gengar, so it's in need of a tune-up. However, I should probably explain what Sablenite Volcarona does, since you might be wondering by now why that's the one thing that's changed the least in over a year. Sablenite Volcarona is incredibly powerful, and can muscle through most any team once Pinsirite Priority, Ekiller, and Fire types are gone. It also serves as an excellent anti-lead against Pidgeotite Sleep, which was extremely common when I first started. Since no one expects Sablenite on Volcarona, they use Hypnosis every time, and I get a free Quiver Dance, which literally won me half of every single game. For the record, I also tried Absolite, and it just doesn't work as well; without the defensive boosts, it can't really sweep. Oh, also, Magnezone's EVs are specific, but I don't remember exactly what for. Maybe to live a Stone Edge from Cobalion?
Playstyle: I know next to nothing of how to build teams in any kind of playstyle, so this has never been built with one in mind.
Magnezone @ Pinsirite
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Tri Attack
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch

Zygarde @ Altarianite
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed
- Outrage

Volcarona @ Sablenite
Timid Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Fiery Dance
- Quiver Dance
- Psychic

Meloetta @ Absolite
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 120 SpA / 136 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Hyper Voice
- Focus Blast

Skarmory @ Blue Orb
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Defog
- Roost
- Whirlwind

Mew @ Ampharosite
EVs: 252 HP / 104 Def / 4 SpA / 148 SpD
Calm Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
- Psychic
- Stealth Rock

This was a pretty fun team to use, once a few issues were ironed out,as I got to use Baeloetta. It's one of the three most reliable Gengar switchins, only fearing a Sludge Wave on the switchin and generally discouraging the use of Shadow Ball and Hypnosis. The speed lets it beat out red orb Raikou, but if you want you can max it out and tie Gengar/Lucarionite Keldeo and beat out Pidgeotite sets. Because it beats pretty much all stall as well, I swapped out Stallbreaker Heatran for Mew, who is pretty much the best keldeo switchin out there, while having a decent MU vs PDon and being able to set Rocks. I then switched out Thunder for Volt switch, as Thunder has relatively few targets but gaining momentum is always key. The next fix was giving Zygarde Outrage over stone edge, giving it a stronger nuetral move to smack targets with. It's barely weaker than Stone Edge versus SE targets, and lets it take on several walls it couldn't before. Finally, I swapped out Giga Drain for Psychic, which allows Volcarona to hit Atespeeders, Giratina, and Keldeo. The most customiable part of the team is mew- Defog is an option to support Magnezone and Volcarona, Taunt helps stop Rocks as well while beating stall, and psyshock gives a better MU vs CM Keldeo. However, as it is the new team is pretty solid.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/mixandmega-474553942
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/mixandmega-474555061
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/mixandmega-474558731
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/mixandmega-474564458
  • Service: (1)
  • Sprite(s) of Pokemon:
Espeon @ Blazikenite
- Stored Power
- Protect
- Psychic move preffered
- any

Very interested in experimenting with Blazikenite Espeon for this gen and next as I plan on taking advantage of Tapu Lele on my mnm team, but for this gen at least I want to see how good this could be.
Are you certain this is something you want? I can make a team with espeon, and have the espeon fulfill a role, but it's really not a very good pokemon in the current metagame, and blazikenite doesn't play to its strengths.

Last edited:
  • Service: 2
  • Sprite(s) of Pokemon:
  • Sets:
    Groudon @ Red Orb
    Ability: Drought
    EVs: 152 HP / 236 Atk / 44 SpD / 76 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Precipice Blades
    - Dragon Tail
    - Stone Edge

Thundurus @ Manectite
    Timid Nature
    IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    - Nasty Plot
    - Thunderbolt
    - Grass Knot

Arceus-Water @ Splash Plate
    Ability: Multitype
    EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
    Bold Nature
    - Recover
    - Toxic
    - Defog
    - Judgment

Landorus-Therian @ Pinsirite
    Ability: Intimidate
    Happiness: 0
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - Swords Dance
    - Frustration
    - U-turn
    - Earthquake

Terrakion @ Lopunnite
    Ability: Justified
    Jolly Nature
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge
    - Close Combat
    - Swords Dance

Zygarde @ Altarianite
    Jolly Nature
    - Dragon Dance
    - Extreme Speed
    - Superpower
    - Earthquake
  • Short Description: I want to know what the issue with my team is, if there is one and it's just me being bad at Mix and Mega. I started using this team after it replaced STABmons as a ladder, and have tweaked it over time.
  • Playstyle: Offense (that's really the only good term I can think of for this team's playstyle)

Magnezone @ Pinsirite
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Tri Attack
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch

Zygarde @ Altarianite
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed
- Outrage

Volcarona @ Sablenite
Timid Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Fiery Dance
- Quiver Dance
- Psychic

Meloetta @ Absolite
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 120 SpA / 136 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Hyper Voice
- Focus Blast

Skarmory @ Blue Orb
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Defog
- Roost
- Whirlwind

Mew @ Ampharosite
EVs: 252 HP / 104 Def / 4 SpA / 148 SpD
Calm Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
- Psychic
- Stealth Rock

This was a pretty fun team to use, once a few issues were ironed out,as I got to use Baeloetta. It's one of the three most reliable Gengar switchins, only fearing a Sludge Wave on the switchin and generally discouraging the use of Shadow Ball and Hypnosis. The speed lets it beat out red orb Raikou, but if you want you can max it out and tie Gengar/Lucarionite Keldeo and beat out Pidgeotite sets. Because it beats pretty much all stall as well, I swapped out Stallbreaker Heatran for Mew, who is pretty much the best keldeo switchin out there, while having a decent MU vs PDon and being able to set Rocks. I then switched out Thunder for Volt switch, as Thunder has relatively few targets but gaining momentum is always key. The next fix was giving Zygarde Outrage over stone edge, giving it a stronger nuetral move to smack targets with. It's barely weaker than Stone Edge versus SE targets, and lets it take on several walls it couldn't before. Finally, I swapped out Giga Drain for Psychic, which allows Volcarona to hit Atespeeders, Giratina, and Keldeo. The most customiable part of the team is mew- Defog is an option to support Magnezone and Volcarona, Taunt helps stop Rocks as well while beating stall, and psyshock gives a better MU vs CM Keldeo. However, as it is the new team is pretty solid.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/mixandmega-474553942
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/mixandmega-474555061
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/mixandmega-474558731
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/mixandmega-474564458

Are you certain this is something you want? I can make a team with espeon, and have the espeon fulfill a role, but it's really not a very good pokemon in the current metagame, and blazikenite doesn't play to its strengths.
Honestly any mon with stored power can fuful the role, except I'm thinking ahead to experimenting Tapu Lele where the 1.5 boost to psychic moves will be helpful, but any mon with stored power will work.

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Metagame: BH
Sprites:

Aegislash @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Magic Bounce
Calm Nature
- Curse
- Roost
- Topsy-Turvy
- Spiky Shield

Audino-Mega @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Calm Nature
- Baton Pass
- Moonblast
- Psycho Shift
- King's Shield

Registeel @ Safety Goggles
Relaxed Nature
- Dark Void
- Parting Shot
- Swagger
- Volt Switch

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Imposter
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- Skill Swap
- Metal Burst

Pikachu @ Light Ball
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Skill Swap

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Big Root
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Tail Glow
- Oblivion Wing
- Eruption

Description: This is just a really annoying stall team. Aegislash is there for spike leads, walls, tanks, and Shedinja. Audino-Mega is mainly for Contrary Sweepers. Registeel is my defensive pivot. Chansey and Pikachu are regular Imposters, and Charizard Y is my wincon if my other pokemon can't handle it. I've tried it on the low ladder and it has worked, but I want to know if it can be any better
Playstyle: Stall

I wanted to make a team based around mimikyu and I'm new to team building. I started in x and y but never finished
im dont know what else to put on this team. could you add to what i have and tweak

my team so far

mimikyu: disguise ability is really good to take crazy hits and its fairy stab with play rough

toxapex: as a wall and to switch in with mimikyu to check poison and because and generally take hits

marowak: as back up attacker 2nd win condition it can check some mons its anti meta

things to consider:
if i get a good nature casteela i swap toxapex out
tapu fini;to get rid of status. i ended up with docile nature trying to see if i can trade for better one
silvally:as a switch but il heard that it was really bad

Metagame: BH
Sprites:

Aegislash @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Magic Bounce
Calm Nature
- Curse
- Roost
- Topsy-Turvy
- Spiky Shield

Audino-Mega @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Calm Nature
- Baton Pass
- Moonblast
- Psycho Shift
- King's Shield

Registeel @ Safety Goggles
Relaxed Nature
- Dark Void
- Parting Shot
- Swagger
- Volt Switch

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- Skill Swap
- Metal Burst

Pikachu @ Light Ball
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Skill Swap

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Big Root
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Tail Glow
- Oblivion Wing
- Eruption

Description: This is just a really annoying stall team. Aegislash is there for spike leads, walls, tanks, and Shedinja. Audino-Mega is mainly for Contrary Sweepers. Registeel is my defensive pivot. Chansey and Pikachu are regular Imposters, and Charizard Y is my wincon if my other pokemon can't handle it. I've tried it on the low ladder and it has worked, but I want to know if it can be any better
Playstyle: Stall
Is this a gen 6 or 7 team? My post is going to assume its a gen 6 team since you have nothing new. I'd start by cutting Pikachu, its extremly high variance without support and looks terrible on this team. I'd replace it with a Poison Heal or Magic Bounce Giratina to defend your team from Primal Groudon and Mega Mewtwo X. Next, i would replace Charizard with Mega Rayquaza, its generally a better Sub-Glow user. Simply switch out Adaptability for Gale Wings and Eruption for Secret Sword. Next, i'd add Recover moves to Registeel and Mega Audino by cutting Volt Switch or Parting Shot and Moonblast. You don't need two switching moves and Mega Audino's Moonblast is still very weak despite being STAB. Lastly, your Chansey's set needs a bit of tweaking. Skill Swap no longer transforms the opponent when it switches imposter onto it (or at least it was changed last time i tried it.) I'd add some more moves for niche situations when your imposter doesn't transform. Whirlwind can force out pokemon behind subs, Parting Shot does the same for pokemon with Magic Bounce and pivoting, and a recovery move. Hope that helps!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)