OM Interviews (#16: In The Hills)

DEG

The night belongs to you
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Chloe asks for a random interview question, I supply an interview question...then you defy the process by not answering my question?! I demand to know what cassarole you'd be! This is simple real life skills, you should be able to answer common questions such as this at the drop of a hat.
I love you, marry me.

A r e y o u t h e 1 v 1 m e t a g a m e?
Do you like hax and matchup based metagames?
Do you think 1v1 should be in OMgs and Ompl? If no, you're demoted.
Why is 1v1 the best OM ever?
Why does chloe think 1v1 is a matchup and hax based metagame?
Why am I the best TL ever?
Why do you think I should be the next OM Co-leader?
Why is UOP bad?
Nyooom?
Shoutout LSF?

Chloe asks for a random interview question, I supply an interview question...then you defy the process by not answering my question?! I demand to know what cassarole you'd be! This is simple real life skills, you should be able to answer common questions such as this at the drop of a hat.
I guess I'd be Lasagna, then.
Thoughts on me backtalking you when I haven't even done well in a single tournament
You have a pass until OMGS.
what dont you like about camping? im curious because i used to hate it too but i learned to really love it

what are you reading right now? what do you think of it?

what's your favourite animal and why?

what do you think of the place where you live? what kind of place would you like to live in if you could live anywhere?
Maybe its just where my mom likes to go, but there's nothing to do there. It's just like being at home, except without a dishwasher, a good bed, or wifi.

Recently, I finished marathoning Girl genius after putting it off for a while. It's definitally rough in places, but it's got a proach to the abnormal that really like; that everything can be understood, and that if something is unknown that its on you, not the phenomonon. My biggest criticism was that it dragged on in some subarcs, but overall I think it was worth the read.
I also caught up on Mother Of learning, although the latest chapters arent as good as some of the earlier ones in my opinion.

My favorite animal would be a Dolphin. They're quite smart, fast, great swimmers, playful, and just look pretty cool as well.

About half a year ago, I had to move south, and I have to say I like it a lot less than I did CT. No snow, for one, but theres also worse local schools and not nearly as much to do in the local area. If I could move, it would probably be either back to the northeast or to california.
The interview featuring Mq.

Hope you're having a good day, so let the questions begin.

What's the reason behind the name 'Quantum Tesseract'? Why not 'Loki' s Tesseract'?

Out of all the metagame you've played, which one has been the most 'fun' to play?

How hard do you think it is to come up with different & viable sets in a metagame?

Do you believe that someone can really be 'skilled' at Pokemon where one critical can change the outcome of the battle?

Do you hate high hopes for Gen 8, what would you like them to fix?

What are the places you would love to travel?

What's your favorite movie?
Well, my use of Quantum tesseract actually predates the origional avengers movie in 2012, so that wasn't available as an inspiration. Quantum in my name refers to "one" or "singular," and tesseract, one of the cooler geometric figures.

0v0, of course.

It depends on the metagame, of course. The difficulty is dependant on your knowledge of the metagame, how explored the metagame is, or how many options there are. for instance, BH allows almost everything, so theres a new creative sets are common. Monotype Stabmons is almost entirely unexplored, so I've been able to make multiple cool new teams every week, although of course I havent gotten to use them all in MWP. I'm super familiar with MnM, so I can pretty easily just look at it and see what I can use a given pokemon for. In something like PU, however, my options are limited, its got a playerbase, and I dont play it, so I just stick to samples or minor tweaks.

Yes, I do. All rng does is limit the skill ceiling, not remove it. If there is completely gamechanging RNG 10% of the time, then a good player can still win up to 95% of the time against a bad opponent. Against someone more skilled, of course, you might be limited to 70, or even 60, but if your opponent is also good theres skill involved there too.

I really wish they would bring back cosplay pikachu. I'm not super optimistic, but I do hold out some hope.

Germany, Japan, Switzerland, and Hawaii are all on the list. Other than that, I'm not sure yet.

I'm not sure. I liked several of the Kara No Kyoukai movies a lot, but I'm not sure any of them are my absolute favorite. Darkest horu was great as well but I think that's also just that I watched it recently. Maybe princess bride? I'm really not sure.
What's your favorite mon to use in battle? this questions is meant to be in general but you can name multilple or seperate by metagame, if that's easier.

What's your favorite song to listen to when battling, or if you don't listen to music when battling just in general?

Thoughts on Kirby?

What's the worst joke you ever heard and still remember?
Balanced Hackmons: Pikachu
Almost Any Ability: Tapu Fini
Mix and Mega: Necrosma Dusk Mane
Anything Goes: Marshadow or Mega Gengar
Stabmons: Type Null
Monotype: Mew
1v1: Gallade or Mimikyu
2v2 Doubles: Kyurem-B or Mega Salamence
Hidden Type: Heatran or Tyranitar
Inverse Battle: Mega Beedrill

Brave Shine or Emiya.

My only experience here is SSB, so probably not whats being looked for. I've found Kirby somewhat annoying to use there bbut ultimately pretty fun.

The larger your sample size (n), the more confident you can be that your sample is a good representation of the population. In other words, the n justifies the mean.

if camomons or stabmons fail, what om should get rotational

thoughts on tier shift mechanics

how far will chloe get in omgs

why does chloe hate 1v1

what games do you play
2v2 Doubles should get a ladder.

I'll recruit them as soon as its a permaladder.

She'll go until she encounters a good player other than pigeons.

She's jealous that it can theoretically become an official tier.

Hearts of Iron, Fate Grand Order, Melty Blood, some stellaris, Civ, Pokemon.
A r e y o u t h e 1 v 1 m e t a g a m e?
Do you like hax and matchup based metagames?
Do you think 1v1 should be in OMgs and Ompl? If no, you're demoted.
Why is 1v1 the best OM ever?
Why does chloe think 1v1 is a matchup and hax based metagame?
Why am I the best TL ever?
Why do you think I should be the next OM Co-leader?
Why is UOP bad?
Nyooom?
Shoutout LSF?
I'm not the 1v1 Metagame, I'm just plotting a cou-, er nothing.
I do enjoy a good game of ubers on occasion, yes.
Not in this OMGS, as its already announced and changing it would be more trouble than its worth at this point. OMPL yes, though, especially given that we don't actually have a camomons playerbase. A good performance there would be a great way to get 1v1 in OMGS next year.
Because even its low ladder is good. I see esteemed tier leader deg losing there quite frequently.
Because unlike AG, you can't just use Mega Bannete and guarentee a kill every game.
You're the best TL ever because of the money you just paid me to say this.
You should be the next OM Co-Leader because whenever a metagame leader does that, after they dissapear without warning their metagame will become official.
I'm not sure, I imagine it just happened one day.
Yes.
ShoutINs LSF.

I'll answer the rest of the questions in a bit.

pazza

Banned deucer.
Would you ban chansey in bh just so pikachu would get more popular?

Who do u think will win OMGS?

Whats your favorite game other then pokemon?

Does lsf stand for Let Snuggle Forever? xD

A bit is enough time for me to realize this is a forum again, and pop in suddenly for some of my own questions, as a Mix and Mega frenemy. (I can relate to snow-covered places being nice places.)

What's the best book you've read in the past 2 years?

What's your favorite kind of book to read?

When you start a day on Showdown, what is the typical metagame that you queue up for?

What's your favorite part about being in the Pokemon community?

Is there any time that you picked up a Pokemon set that beat you in a match? If not, then what was the favorite thing that has ever beat you?

Thoughts on me trying to innovate every metagame that I touch?

Well, enjoy the day, along with the soothing winter.

When do you think we should replace 1v1 as a metagame
Whenever you become good at this game.
If every meta on PS were deleted by Chaos, except OU, would you still play PS?
Maybe, but probably not nearly as much.
if 1v1 or bh had to die in a fire which one would it be
BH.
Pull the lever.
wyr logan paul or human decency

I’ll elaborate if ur confused
Human decency. Why would you post a react to a suicide...
thoughts on almost half of the country's, including the leader's, disregard for basic, elementary science? (climate change, vaccines, etc)?
Wish that darwinian selection against stupidity worked faster.
Would you ban chansey in bh just so pikachu would get more popular?

Who do u think will win OMGS?

Whats your favorite game other then pokemon?

Does lsf stand for Let Snuggle Forever? xD
No.

Easy decision. Bye's wealth of experience in all sorts of tournaments makes their victory all but assured.

Fate Grand Order.

No.
A bit is enough time for me to realize this is a forum again, and pop in suddenly for some of my own questions, as a Mix and Mega frenemy. (I can relate to snow-covered places being nice places.)

What's the best book you've read in the past 2 years?

What's your favorite kind of book to read?

When you start a day on Showdown, what is the typical metagame that you queue up for?

What's your favorite part about being in the Pokemon community?

Is there any time that you picked up a Pokemon set that beat you in a match? If not, then what was the favorite thing that has ever beat you?

Thoughts on me trying to innovate every metagame that I touch?

Well, enjoy the day, along with the soothing winter.
Unsong.

Hmm. Probably sci-fi, although I'm not *that* picky.

1v1 or AG usually. It used to be mix and Mega, but finding a high ladder match takes long enough that I usually prefer to already have a game or two going before I start the wait.

You always know who to talk to when you want a match, or to build, or to bounce ideas off of.

Yes. I think my favorite would have to be from gen 6, where I stole a darkrai set bulky enough to live 2 extreme speeds. More recently, Galvanize Tapu Koko for Mono AAA.

Sometimes it seems to be rather hit or miss with you, but when it works out it can be hilarious to see, like you vs mark k in OMPL V.
What's one question you want to be asked that hasn't been asked yet and what is the answer to said question?
Q: What is the ordered pair in which the first variable is the best question to ask, and the second part its answer?
A: [What is the ordered pair in which the first variable is the best question to ask, and the second part its answer?, [What is the ordered pair in which the first variable is the best question to ask, and the second part its answer?, [What is the ordered pair in which the first variable is the best question to ask, and the second part its answer?, What is the ordered pair in which the first variable is the best question to ask, and the second part its answer?, ...]]]]
is 1v1 a hax and match up based metagame?!
No
Because mine isn't totally obvious and can't be ansewered in a small time window
I hadn't even reached your question, and in any case needed some sort of Stopping point because I had stuff to do.

OM

It's a starstruck world
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Whenever you become good at this game.

Maybe, but probably not nearly as much.

BH.

Pull the lever.

Human decency. Why would you post a react to a suicide...

Wish that darwinian selection against stupidity worked faster.

No.

Easy decision. Bye's wealth of experience in all sorts of tournaments makes their victory all but assured.

Fate Grand Order.

No.

Unsong.

Hmm. Probably sci-fi, although I'm not *that* picky.

1v1 or AG usually. It used to be mix and Mega, but finding a high ladder match takes long enough that I usually prefer to already have a game or two going before I start the wait.

You always know who to talk to when you want a match, or to build, or to bounce ideas off of.

Yes. I think my favorite would have to be from gen 6, where I stole a darkrai set bulky enough to live 2 extreme speeds. More recently, Galvanize Tapu Koko for Mono AAA.

Sometimes it seems to be rather hit or miss with you, but when it works out it can be hilarious to see, like you vs mark k in OMPL V.

Q: What is the ordered pair in which the first variable is the best question to ask, and the second part its answer?
A: [What is the ordered pair in which the first variable is the best question to ask, and the second part its answer?, [What is the ordered pair in which the first variable is the best question to ask, and the second part its answer?, [What is the ordered pair in which the first variable is the best question to ask, and the second part its answer?, What is the ordered pair in which the first variable is the best question to ask, and the second part its answer?, ...]]]]

No

I hadn't even reached your question, and in any case needed some sort of Stopping point because I had stuff to do.

I-i'm good all inverse battle

A-and sketch mons

A-and being a half-decent human being

They get rid of all the metas I'm good at...

Reactions: Wob
thoughts on freeing ch
Free CH.
as om+, what are your current thoughts on the room?
I like a lot of it. Every so often there's an obnoxious poster who shits it for long periods of time while avoiding anything quite ban/blacklist worthy, so I wish it was easier to just get rid of awful chat presences, but there havent been *that* many so it's been managable.
Thoughts on the fall of Lance
Fuck lance.
I-i'm good all inverse battle

A-and sketch mons

A-and being a half-decent human being

They get rid of all the metas I'm good at...
Citation needed on the third one :P
What is one of your most positive memories so far? Going off of that, what is an accomplishment of which you are very proud?
Getting roomvoice in OMs for the first time was great. I didn't really deserve it then, but its definitally one of the things that helped me stay .

My favorite accomplishment? Uh, I don't know. Probably 1v1 GC that got made into 1v1 room? Not all me by any menas but it's still at the top of the list.

Last edited:
How many times in a day do you get the QT pun used on you

Are you really a QT

If you were 4 dimensional what would the 4th dimension be: Time or another spatial dimension

What is an CH

Why is the mascot of OMs a surskit

If you had a mega evolution, what would your favorite dish be

Did you cry and wet all your clothing when you heard Chloe was quitting

Are you low-key happy because Chloe quit and you won't have to use Google translate for a long time now

Irl friends (if they exist) or PS friends?

Are you dating?

Would you date
1. The Immortal
2. Kris
3. Jasprose
4. Charizard8888
5. Uselesscrab
6. Elon Musk
7. Zarel

Do you want more questions

How many times in a day do you get the QT pun used on you

Are you really a QT

If you were 4 dimensional what would the 4th dimension be: Time or another spatial dimension

What is an CH

Why is the mascot of OMs a surskit

If you had a mega evolution, what would your favorite dish be

Did you cry and wet all your clothing when you heard Chloe was quitting

Are you low-key happy because Chloe quit and you won't have to use Google translate for a long time now

Irl friends (if they exist) or PS friends?

Are you dating?

Would you date
1. The Immortal
2. Kris
3. Jasprose
4. Charizard8888
5. Uselesscrab
6. Elon Musk
7. Zarel

Do you want more questions
3+, more whenever I enter a new chat.
I am really a quantum tesseract.
Time.
Classic Hackmons.
Manu 11 aka esteemed former auth.
Uh, what would my havign a mega evolution have to do with my favorite dish / anything at all with eating really.
I was very sad, but we're still somewhat in touch so it's not as bad as it could be.
Not in the slightest.
PS friends.
I'm not really interested in dating anyone right now.

OM

It's a starstruck world
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
3+, more whenever I enter a new chat.
I am really a quantum tesseract.
Time.
Classic Hackmons.
Manu 11 aka esteemed former auth.
Uh, what would my havign a mega evolution have to do with my favorite dish / anything at all with eating really.
I was very sad, but we're still somewhat in touch so it's not as bad as it could be.
Not in the slightest.
PS friends.
I'm not really interested in dating anyone right now.
Citation needed on the third one :P

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)