Tournament OM Grand Slam III

by h_n_g_m_n

Welcome to the third installment of the Other Metagames Grand Slam! This competition is based on the Smogon Grand Slam, which you can read about here. Basically, the Grand Slam is a series of smaller tournaments (called Opens) where battlers gain points as they progress past each round. After the last Open ends, the 8 players with the most points advance to a final tournament where they battle in a best-of-five until only one person remains! And to up the stakes as much as possible, the winner of the OM Grand Slam will receive their own banner as well as room voice in Other Metas!

The format consists of six separate tournaments: The Anything Goes Open, The Almost Any Ability Open, The Mix and Mega Open, The STABmons Open, The Balanced Hackmons Open, and The Camomons Open. You are allowed to join all six tournaments; however, only your five best runs will count towards qualification.

Signups for each Open will be posted after the first round of the previous Open is completed. Here is the list of the six Opens and the dates each signups will be posted:
Any bans/unbans that occur during an Open will take affect the following round.

If you have questions, post them here. This is not the sign-up thread, so you don't need to post "in." You sign-up for the Opens individually, which will all have their own separate threads posted in the Circuit Tournaments forum.

Good luck to all participants!

>>>>> Current Standings <<<<<

Will the threads themselves be posted in the OMs forum, or are all just in the circuit tours room like Sign-ups?

May I enlist another tour player in helping build a team, if I am not up against them, and submit correspondence?

E4 Flint

-inactive in BH due corrupt leader-
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Anything Goes - December 18th
Almost Any Ability - January 1st
Mix and Mega - January 15th
STABmons - January 29th
Balanced Hackmons - February 12th
Camomons - February 26th

Last edited:
Off course. Unfortunately, scpinion's automatic ranking script broke when Smogon upgraded. I'll look into making a new one or just manually creating a leaderboard on Google Sheets.
I fixed scpinion's script so that it works on the new forum. I was pretty sure you guys would want to know because that's way easier to manage than a spreadsheet. Everything is still done the same way where you just change the name of the tournament and change the thread IDs. It's also still in the same place as before:
/tiers/om/monotype/rankings

dhelmise

everything is embarrassing
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
I fixed scpinion's script so that it works on the new forum. I was pretty sure you guys would want to know because that's way easier to manage than a spreadsheet. Everything is still done the same way where you just change the name of the tournament and change the thread IDs. It's also still in the same place as before:
/tiers/om/monotype/rankings
first you steal my job

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)