Resource OM Bazaar: Sample Teams / Team Dump

scpinion

Life > Monotype... unfortunately :)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Other Metagames Team Bazaar

The OM community features many metagames, and that can be frightening to some people first exploring this subforum. This project is here to aid newer players by providing teams that allow them to learn the metagame they're interested in.
There are two components:

1) This Thread
This thread is occasionally where Sample Teams are obtained from. OM community members, we want your submissions and your feedback! Read below for how to contribute a team and feel free to provide *constructive* feedback on a newer player's team.

2) Sample Teams
Teams that are quite viable and relatively easy to use may be chosen as Sample Teams! This thread will be checked often by the users in charge of each metagame's Sample Teams section, and if a team you have submitted fits the above criteria, there is a possibility it will be picked!

This thread is only for metagames with a permanent ladder or metagames that were chosen as OMotM or LCotM!

Only post teams that you have tested
We only want teams that are viable/competitive. No memes! Teams that are not competitive will definitely not be added to the sample team sections.

Feel free to request/offer feedback
In addition to showcasing good teams, this thread is a place where newer players can get community feedback on a team. Just make sure you ask for feedback when you post! If you're providing feedback, please be courteous and present it in a constructive manner.

Don't post full RMTs here
If you're going to take the time to explain every Pokémon on the team in detail, just make an RMT in the RMT forum and link the post here. It can still be added. Doing this showcases the OM community to everyone that visits the RMT forum, which is good for us!

Samples by Metagame
1v1 | http://www.smogon.com/forums/posts/7094792/
Almost Any Ability | http://www.smogon.com/forums/posts/7103429/
Anything Goes | http://www.smogon.com/forums/posts/7092993/
Balanced Hackmons | http://www.smogon.com/forums/posts/7094085/
Mix and Mega | http://www.smogon.com/forums/posts/7099555/
Sketchmons | http://www.smogon.com/forums/posts/7099675/

Check individual threads for the sample teams of other OMs.

Last edited by a moderator:

scpinion

Life > Monotype... unfortunately :)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'll get this started and give an example for the posting format. We're not looking for a really detailed post/analysis of a team—just an importable for a team you know is competitive. Obviously, more details are appreciated if you want to share them!

Here's the team I used in my last battle for the "welcome to gen 7" Monotype tour:
Slowbro @ Slowbronite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Celebi @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Nasty Plot
- Recover
- Baton Pass

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 248 HP / 156 SpD / 104 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Stealth Rock
- Roost

Victini @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- Blue Flare

Hoopa-Unbound @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magician
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Trick

Latios @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Recover
- Hidden Power [Fire]
This team was built around a generic Psychic core—Scarf Victini, Specs Hoopa-U, Taunt Mew. I added a couple new things for Gen 7. The team fares pretty well in the overall metagame, but is probably going to take an L if you're against a good player with a Bug team.
Mew, Victini, and Hoopa are pretty standard for the Monotype meta. Mew has enough speed to Taunt and WoW Mega Gyarados before it sets up.

RestTalk Mega Slowbro is a major threat in the early Monotype metagame. Many teams really struggle to break this thing if you play it well. I had always planned to use this as soon as Tapu Lele was banned, which was this past week.

I added a Colbur Berry Physically Defensive Celebi to serve as my mandatory Mega-Sharpedo check. It also counters scarf Kartana, which is really common in Monotype atm. The last move is really just filler, but I went with BP. It is nice to pass a NP boost to Hoopa-U if your opponent brought a fat team.

The final slot was given to Z-move Latios w/ HP Fire. This is my non-scarf Kartana check and my Defogger. Recover is there b/c I like to have a Defogger w/ staying power.

Sylveon.

Penny saved is still a fucking penny
Finally we have this thread, waiting for new cool teams for gen 7 ::
Anyways, since I am here I better contribute, following is a Gen-7 Sketchmons team based on the attacking core of pheromosa and metagross.( Don't worry it peaked the ladder)
Playstyle : Balanced

Team :
Pheromosa @ Life Orb
Ability: Beast Boost
Naive Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Precipice Blades
- Ice Beam
- U-turn

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 216 HP / 252 Atk / 40 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- V-create
- Zen Headbutt
- Meteor Mash

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Shore Up
- Stealth Rock

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Blue Flare
- Moonblast
- Shadow Ball

Mantine @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Defog
- Haze
- Recover

Muk-Alola @ Black Sludge
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Atk / 76 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Pursuit
- Knock Off
- Gunk Shot
- Slack Off

Description ::
Team basically tries to let pheromosa break things apart using it's new found toy in precipice blades and employs bulky mega-gross(Outspeeds max 70s and after a rock polish scarf 110s) with rock polish to bait in steels and hit them with a massively powerful Tough Claws boosted V-Create and just be a powerful cleaner with Mash/Zen Headbutt, I even tried out Grass Knot over either coverage to lure quagsire. Garchomp does usual tank-chomp stuff and forms a really solid defensive core with muk-a and mantine. Where muk controls tapus mostly(except bulu as they generally have precipice blades, but you have bulky Mega-gross for that) and mantini controls shit like contrary serperior with haze and general things like greninja. Finally we have our scarfer in lele which guarantees a no sweep for mega pinsir if somehow it manages to set up and has blue flare to lure celesteela and metagross.

Replay of the team working : http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7sketchmons-499573602

I'll edit the post with some more teams later on.

MAMP

MAMP!
here's another sketchmons team, but not quite like that last one:

SHEDINJA STALL

this is kinda like shed stall in ou except shed can ohko things lol. shed is a really disgusting mon at the best of times, but with endeavor+sneak its extremely difficult to switch into and provides the team with a backup check to all manner of threats -- i honestly think its pretty broken. the toxic spikes support from toxapex makes it even harder to deal with. sableye is a necessity for this kind of team, deterring hazards and status to support shed. spiky shield on sab serves the same role as fake out does normally, letting sab mega freely on mons that force it out so you can switch it into hazard setters later in the match. duggy is the most cancerous shit on this team, which is saying something. use it to trap electrics and other dangerous mons that the team struggles against, like heatran and ttar and stuff. duggy used to have spore but that got banned so i replaced it with electrify, which lets duggy beat slower poisoned/burned mons that it wouldnt be able to beat otherwise by just spamming it to wear them down into range of your attacks. zapdos counters pinsir and defogs, toxapex is fat as shit and supports the team with toxic spikes and parting shot, and clef checks a lot of set-up sweepers like that one bdrum mimikyu set and also puts up sr.

this team is kinda weak to tapu lele, tapu koko, and serp, but everything is manageable if you play carefully with shed and make some predicts. this team has been very successful for me so far, its gone like 20-0 or something on the ladder. here's some replays:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7sketchmons-495892070
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7sketchmons-501434160
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7sketchmons-495863099
Shedinja @ Focus Sash
Ability: Wonder Guard
Lonely Nature
- Endeavor
- Shadow Sneak
- Baton Pass
- Will-O-Wisp

Sableye-Mega @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Knock Off
- Recover
- Spiky Shield

Dugtrio @ Focus Sash
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Electrify
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Sucker Punch

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Roost
- Defog
- Ice Beam

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic Spikes
- Parting Shot

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Stealth Rock
- Aromatherapy
- Shore Up

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
My BH team that's done well for me.
This team functions by using the defensive core of Audino-Mega and Aegislash to pivot into the threatening set up sweepers. Pdon is imposter resistant for Ogre, Audino imposterproofs Gengar, Aegislash imposterproofs Pheromosa. Pheromosa was chosen because it outspeeds Deo-A and I hate Deo-A spam. If that's not a big deal for you another mon could be used in that slot, especially one that helps deal with psychic spam. Make sure to Defog away hazards before sending in Gengar, as the sash is very important for it.

If you have suggestions I'd be happy to hear them. But this team has done me well.

Gengar-Mega @ Focus Sash
Ability: Dazzling
Timid Nature
- Shell Smash
- Moongeist Beam
- Secret Sword
- Spore

Groudon-Primal @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 136 HP / 252 Atk / 120 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Thousand Arrows
- Shift Gear
- Shore Up

Aegislash @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Shore Up
- Parting Shot
- Defog
- Haze

Kyogre-Primal @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Water Bubble
EVs: 136 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 116 Spe
Modest Nature
- Water Shuriken
- Quiver Dance
- Steam Eruption
- Moonblast

Audino-Mega @ Safety Goggles
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Shore Up
- Topsy-Turvy
- U-turn

Pheromosa @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Technician
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Pin Missile
- Storm Throw
- U-turn
- Icicle Spear

BH: Bonded Trio bulky Offense
Gre Nin Ja (Greninja-Ash) @ Focus Sash
EVs: 8 HP / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Shell Smash
- Moongeist Beam
- Power Trip
- Steam Eruption

DoubleBubble (Greninja-Ash) @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Volt Switch
- Moongeist Beam
- Trick

Audino-Mega @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Milk Drink
- Haze
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

DoubleBubble (Greninja-Ash) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Moongeist Beam
- Volt Switch
- Trick

Groudon-Primal @ Leftovers
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Atk / 136 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bonemerang
- Shift Gear
- Synthesis
- V-create

Giratina @ Leftovers
Ability: Innards Out
Impish Nature
- Topsy-Turvy
- Defog
- Parting Shot
- Milk Drink

The objective of the team is to beat both slow and fast teams with Water Bubble Ash-Greninja, one of Sun and Moon's coolest toys. Ash-Greninja's beefy 153 special attack stat, fast speed and water typing allow it to become a fast and frail wallbreaker against many of the metagame's most durable walls. The other Greninja as used as a suicide Smash sweeper that simultaneously keeps priority from -ate users out. Audino, Giratina and Primal Groudon are the defensive backbone of the team.

Groudon also doubles as a bulky booster that can kill offensive Primal Kyogre after a shift gear after a switch into rocks. It also impostorproofs against both of the water bubble Greninjas. Bonemerang is used in order to break Focus Sashes, which are very common these days, as well as the less common Substitute and Multiscale. V-create is by far Groudon's most powerful stab move, easily breaking through tons of even resistant pokemon after one or two shift gears.

Innards Out Giratina functions as a pivot, a wall, a defogger and a trader all in one. Defog keeps out entry hazards, which are essential to preserve the focus sash. Topsy Turvy checks many setup sweepers if they haven't set up too much, but if they have, innards out can usually remove them from the game if Giratinas health is reasonable. Finally, Parting Shot's probably the most essential move on the set that allows you to pivot into one of the Greninjas to begin getting KOs.

Mega Audino's solid typing and bulk along with prankster allow it to set up stealth rock easily and consistently. Prankster Haze keeps setup sweepers in check, while U-turn ushers in a Greninja to bring on the hurt.

Though they run the same moves and ability, the Water Bubble Greninjas must be used carefully. Against faster threats, bring out the scarfer. If you predict a switch, volt switch out to keep your momentum, since being choice locked is bad. This thing still has a ton of power behind it, killing offensive MMY from full with a single Steam Eruption. Once you've eliminated all the fast threats on the enemy team, trick your choice scarf onto their bulky mon. The specs set has enormous power; it can OHKO Aegislash from full with Steam Eruption, 2hKO Zygarde-complete, P-ogre and Chansey from full with Steam Eruption. Volt Switch is used to rack up some chip damage on something you can't instantly kill. Use Moongeist beam against Shedinja.

The final Greninja sets psychic terrain, ensuring that priority cant kill it. Shell Smash and let the focus sash take the damage, then start killing with Power Trip or Crabhammer using the beefy 145 attack stat. Use Moongeist beam, again, for Shedinja, if you need it, or against unaware mons.

Replays: I always forget to upload them. But trust me this team works

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
Well since I am out of BH Winter tour, guess will drop a BH stall team that I worked on with Transcendent God Champion

Dual Zygarde Stall

First I started off with a dual Zygarde-C core consisting of an Unaware wall Zygarde and a Poison Heal sweeper Zygarde due to how well both sets work on defensively orientated teams.

This obviously created a major Ice-type weakness to the team, which is why I added a Prankster Registeel which acts as the teams main Ice check and also checks Psychic types which are very powerful this iteration of BH. Prankster Haze is also really nice as it acts as an emergency answer to setup sweepers if the Unaware Zygarde-C is weakened/KOed.

Imposter Chansey was an obvious pick as it acts a great answer to many scary threats that may give my team a problem by emulating the opposing pokemon and being able to most of the time beat it out if that specific mon is not Improofed.

I decided to add Scarf Primal Kyogre to act as another check to threats that abuse CFZ moves such as Mega Mewtwo-Y and Deoxys-A and provides necessary speed control to the team due to all the other members being quite slow.

Lastly, I added Primal Groudon to act as the teams main Water Bubble answer with the use of Desolate Land. It also acts a great defensive pivot to the team with U-turn and can also layer Toxic Spikes on the opposing team which is great at wearing down opposing defensive teams.

Registeel @ Safety Goggles
Calm Nature
- Haze
- Parting Shot
- Shore Up
- Stealth Rock

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- First Impression
- Metal Burst
- Whirlwind
- Recover

Zygarde-Complete @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Def / 220 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Baton Pass
- Shore Up
- Rapid Spin

Zygarde-Complete @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 240 HP / 140 Atk / 128 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Will-O-Wisp
- King's Shield
- Shift Gear

Kyogre-Primal @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Water Spout
- Steam Eruption
- Ice Beam
- Volt Switch

Sassy Nature
- Sacred Fire
- U-turn
- Shore Up
- Toxic Spikes

The team has provided me quite good success so far and I hope it can help some new players integrate into the metagame!

Last edited:

Sketchmons - CLC
Celesteela @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Leech Seed
- Heavy Slam
- Protect

Xurkitree @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Grass Knot
- Ice Beam

Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club
Ability: Lightning Rod
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 244 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Shift Gear
- Shadow Bone
- Earthquake

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Moongeist Beam
- Moonblast
- Thunderbolt

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
EVs: 248 HP / 52 Atk / 64 Def / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
This is the team I've crafted for the first CLC, in which Celesteela and Xurkitree were necessary to have. I've decided on teaching Celesteela Will-O-Wisp as that allows it to easily 1v1 so many Pokemon when combined with Leech Seed. Stuff like Garchomp, Tapu Lele, Landorus-T, and much more cannot scratch it. As for the second obligatory Pokemon, Xurkitree, I went with a standard Scarf set with the sketched Ice Beam to catch bulky Grounds like Gliscor and Lando. It's not a very good Pokemon IMO, but with Beast Boost it can come in clutch in the late-game as a nice cleaner, as Beast Boost inevitably boosts Sp.Atk with every kill. I slapped Marowak on the team as both a Xurk and Celesteela check, as everyone else in the challenge would be using those two. Shift Gear is pretty neat as a sketch'd move but sometimes Marowak is slower even after a +2 boost, so one needs to watch out for that. Scarf Lele is used cos it's an incredible Pokemon. Great Speed, sky-high power, etc. T-bolt dents Celesteela and Moongeist Beam is to catch Metagross + Jirachi on the switch-in. Landorus-T checks Marowak that at first I thought everyone would use thanks to its stellar match-up vs both of the required Pokemon. It provides some nice support with Defog, but a lack of Stealth Rocks kind of hurts, so feel free to switch the moves up if you'd like. Lastly, Gyarados was something I added later to C-Team someone on the ladder. After 2 DDs, it outspeeds Scarf Keldeo + unboosted Mega Metagross, and it has the bulk to set up on a Scarf Water Spout or a -1 Metagross. After 1 Dragon Dance, it OHKOs Megagross with a STAB Knock Off, which is neat cos I don't have to invest much more into Attack, and also because Shift Gear Metagross is so common on the ladder. It turns out I've totally forgotten to give Gyarados a Sketch move, so as a last minute change, I've changed Crunch to Knock Off. RIP.

Last edited:

Laxpras

One small yeet for man, one giant yeet for mankind
Mix and Mega team that went 50-0 on ladder: Catalina Wine Mixer

I'm not going to write a lot here, as my RMT is a lot more in depth, but the team is oriented around Pheromosa. Phero hits incredibly hard and gives you momentum with U-Turn if the opponent has any resemblance of a check. Rockceus is there to check the Flying spam as well as -Ate. Kartana is another strong and fast mon that can either set up and sweep or weaken Pheromosa's checks. Golisopod and PDon form a great core with dual weather, and check each other, as they are both common on the ladder. Z-Geomancy Xerneas is a easy wincon against most teams.
Syrah (Pheromosa) @ Lucarionite
Hasty Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Bug Buzz
- Ice Beam
- U-turn

Cabernet (Arceus-Rock) @ Stone Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Judgment
- Defog
- Recover

Chardonnay (Kartana) @ Metagrossite
Jolly Nature
- Smart Strike
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Swords Dance

Merlot (Golisopod) @ Blue Orb
Ability: Emergency Exit
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Leech Life
- Toxic
- Aqua Jet

Pinot Noir (Groudon) @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Lava Plume
- Roar

Sauvignon (Xerneas) @ Fairium Z
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 240 HP / 28 Def / 240 SpA
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Aromatherapy

See RMT for more info: http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...-wine-mixer-50-0-ladder.3590733/#post-7154793

Time to share a Sketchmon team, and the second one that topped the ladder for CLC.

Sketchmons - Death of Dreams (CLC)

Surge Surfer (Xurkitree) @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Surf

Flare Boost (Celesteela) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Leech Seed
- Recover

Flash Fire (Marowak-Alola) (M) @ Thick Club
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Shadow Bone
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed

Merciless (Zygarde) @ Leftovers
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Atk / 64 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Thousand Arrows
- Shore Up

Tangling Hair (Goodra) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Toxic
- Heal Order

Storm Drain (Blastoise) (F) @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Origin Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Dark Pulse
- Rapid Spin

First of all, I have to say that I love this naming gimmick. With that out of the way, this team was made with one goal in mind; LEAVE NOTHING CONSCIOUS. Nearly everything is all offense, all the time, with the exception of the defensive core, which is there to sponge most blows between the two of them.

Xurkitree is there because it has to be. It is hardly bad, though you see remnants of a team that wanted web support. Tail Glow makes Xurkitree the breaker it was meant to be, and Surf obliterates Alolan Marowak, all while being the Silver Surfer. The Focus Sash is there to serve as a cushion for sweeps. It has saved me more times than I can count.

Celesteela is one of two tanks on the team, and this is obviously the physical wall. Recovery is highly valuable on Celesteela, and allows it to wall the strongest physical attackers. Heavy Slam is there for damage, Earthquake was the best coverage for my needs, and Leech Seed puts the opposing offense on a much needed timer.

Alolan Marowak is one of the last additions to the team, and it is absolutely stellar. A Swords Dance makes it immediately threatening, and brings that attack stat sky-high... to smash things to bits. Often, an attack is enough on the switch. This can be followed by an Extreme Speed if the opponent is low enough, which is often the moment that the opponent's jaw drops. It helps even more if you get the Shadow Bone defense drop, too. Also, it can often take a hit if really needed.

Zygarde is my final addition to the team, and a change that I am so glad I made. Recovery makes Zygarde into a borderline GOD, and Substitute blocks any and all status that is sent your way. There, you are free to set up, and then destroy the opposing team. (unless they have Quagsire.....) The speed is there to creep quite a few threats, including other Zygarde. The rest is in bulk and attack.
Keep in mind that this 6-0s that other CLC team above. Thanks to The Ruins of Alpha for tossing me this amazing idea.

Goodra is the second of my two tanks, and it stops a ton of special threats cold. In particular, it's a hard stop to Serperior, who would otherwise be a huge threat. Toxic is nice residual damage towards tanks and sweepers alike, Heal Order is just amazing for Goodra, Dragon Pulse is STAB, and Flamethrower bops Steels.

Mega Blastoise is there for immediate special power, and being a spinner, because my team dislikes hazards of all kinds to some capacity, Origin Pulse hits like an absolute truck, and you know the reasons for the other moves. Coverage, and spin to win.

Weaknesses: Fast Ghost sweepers. Marowak cannot properly revenge these ghosts, so you'll need to use one of the tanks to deal with them.
Tapu Koko. When Marowak is down for the count, you'll need Goodra to tank some of the hits for you, and poison it. It's another reason you'll want to keep Alolan Marowak around.
Malamar. Yes, Malamar. V-Create quickly brings it out of control, making it a tough threat to handle, if you miss your opening bid. Also typically carries Knock Off.
Quagsire. Fardin... you made me realize how this team cannot handle heavy stall in its current form. A simple modification to Xurkitree can completely circumvent this, however.

EDIT: You might want to change those nicknames for a more individual flair.

Last edited:

Sylveon.

Penny saved is still a fucking penny
Since, there are no AAA teams here, thought I'd share one of mine.

This is a pretty successful psychic spam team, being able to win most match-ups and most of the time tries to promote mega-zam as the main win-con allowing it to clean teams up. While it had a good success rate in phero-speed boost meta, allowing me to peak the ladder, it works even better in the current meta. It allowed me to peak the ladder couple of times and win a few room tours.
Playstyle : Offense

Team:
Pitbull (Hoopa-Unbound) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Psychic
- Fire Punch

Brad Pitt (Entei) @ Choice Band
Ability: Magnet Pull
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge
- Flare Blitz

Jeffrey Bridges (Alakazam-Mega) @ Alakazite
Timid Nature
- Encore
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Ellen Degeneres (Zapdos) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Magic Bounce
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def / 30 Spe
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Roost
- Defog

Emma Watson (Magearna) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Ice Beam
- Flash Cannon

Vin Diesel (Terrakion) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Adaptability
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Stealth Rock
- Sacred Sword

Description :
Not gonna describe it too much, as I have already done a RMT on it :: so just gonna link it
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/aaa-the-all-stars-peaked-2.3589764/

Edit :: Saw someone using this team recently, but unfortunately the team isn't that good in the meta rn so made some quick changes, which makes it much more viable ::

Pitbull (Hoopa-Unbound) @ Choice Band
Ability: Tinted Lens
Hasty Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Psychic
- Gunk Shot
- Trick

Brad Pitt (Entei) @ Life Orb
Ability: Refrigerate
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge
- Flare Blitz

Jeffrey Bridges (Alakazam-Mega) @ Alakazite
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Signal Beam
- Focus Blast

Ellen Degeneres (Zapdos) @ Rocky Helmet
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def / 30 Spe
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Roost
- Defog

Emma Watson (Magearna) @ Assault Vest
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Fleur Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Ice Beam
- Flash Cannon

Vin Diesel (Terrakion) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Stealth Rock
- Sacred Sword

Changes ::
Not much made Hoopa-U Tinted, hence forth giving Entei a much better ability in refrigerate. Zapdos is made Unaware to better handle fighting types.

Last edited:
Here's one of my AAA teams that has been pretty successful:

Hoopa-Unbound @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 220 Atk / 212 SpA / 76 Spe
Mild Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Punch / Fire Punch
- Hyperspace Fury / Knock Off
- Focus Blast

Dugtrio @ Focus Sash
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 16 HP / 240 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Reversal
- Stealth Rock / Stone Edge
- Screech / Stone Edge

Snorlax @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 108 HP / 152 Def / 232 SpD / 16 Spe
Careful Nature
- Facade
- Protect
- Earthquake
- Curse

Azumarill @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 248 Def / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Whirlpool
- Perish Song
- Encore
- Protect

Skarmory @ Shed Shell
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Whirlwind
- Roost
- Defog
- Brave Bird

Meloetta @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- U-turn
- Psyshock
- Knock Off
- Focus Blast

I started off wanting to build around protean hoopa-U on a non-trick room team, since it actually has 0 switchins, so it actually helps vs stall. The set I ended up deciding on was Thunderbolt/Ice Punch/Focus Blast/Hyperspace, since protean thunderbolt hits nearly everything ridiculously hard, Ice Punch nukes PH Zygarde which is otherwise a major pain to deal with, Focus Blast similarly nukes everything hard, and Hyperspace Fury prevents poison healers from recovering up while also doing massive damage to special walls like chansey and meloetta and goodra. Fire Punch is another option that can hit magearna, but in my experience magearna has generally been easy to deal with via knock off + thunderbolt or duggy. Knock Off is another interesting option if you want to ensure you kill chansey with focus blast while maintaining damage output on other special walls. The next mon is dugtrio, which complements Hoopa extremely well; it gets rid of threats like chansey (which creates alot of 50/50s against hoopa-u), weavile (makes hoopa-u useless), magearna (pretty annoying 50/50 creator), and also functions as an excellent revenge killer of basically everything in the metagame. Tapu Koko can't lock itself into galvanize return because it dies, victini dies, Hoopa-U dies; nearly everything that threatens the team just dies to this. I'd honestly argue that dugtrio is borderline broken, since you can't really do anything against it, and it's almost always going to eliminate the opposing biggest threat or biggest wall on the other team. 16 HP EVs lets it live two seismic toss's after rocks and proceed to KO with a combo of screech + EQ or reversal. Stone Edge is another possible option on this thing since Thundurus-I 6-0s the team (extremely uncommon tho), and meloetta can pivot to it. Snorlax is the next mon, and is picked because it's broken. It functions as a excellent wincon, aided greatly by dugtrio's trapping, and also absorbs special attacks all day long. Perishtrap Azumarill was added since I needed a way to beat opposing Snorlax + Suicune while also having a weavile check and a generally good physical wall that's still able to be extremely threatening. Skarmory is for defog and a good dragonite wall, and a lot of pokemon are running fire punch to try to somewhat combat fluffy users, so that's why I have flash fire. Finally, meloetta is the team's special pivot and the answer to most special threats, including latios and gengar and Mega Alakazam.

In general, this team is extremely punishing, as one free turn usually guarantees a kill in some form. Hoopa-U doesn't have switchins, so it almost always gets a kill provided you hit focus blast. Dugtrio getting free turns means you're getting a kill unless they're shed shell or something. Snorlax getting a curse up is almost always bad news for your opponent, especially if they don't have a dedicated counter like doublade or an opposing azumarill or skarmory. Azumarill getting free turns also tends to mean a kill, and one especially notable thing to mention is that if azumarill perish songs, you can use dugtrio to trap if there's only two turns left on the counter. Also, Azumarill's encore tends to get hoopa or dugtrio a free switch in.

There's a lot of things that have a really good matchup against the team, like Sheer Force Thundurus, but most of the main threats are fairly rare right now. I've played quite a bit with this team and it's beaten several good players while almost never losing, including heavily offensive teams, more bulky offensive teams, and stall teams (I haven't been able to find time to consistently ladder however)

(I didn't save many replays, but here's two replays against two competitive players to show how the team works:)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7almostanyability-506866605
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7almostanyability-506617638 (using the above sample team)

Here's the team I used to get Bronze in Sketchmons CLC:
Celesteela @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Leech Seed
- Will-O-Wisp
- Substitute
- Flash Cannon

Xurkitree @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Searing Shot
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Energy Ball

Golem-Alola @ Leftovers
Ability: Galvanize
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Gyro Ball
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Pheromosa @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- First Impression
- High Jump Kick
- Poison Jab

Chansey @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 6 SpD
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Transform
- Toxic
- Heal Bell

Greninja-Ash @ Life Orb
Ability: Battle Bond
Timid Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- U-turn

I chose WoW on Celesteela because it helps you to conveniently burn a physical attacker and make it almost useless. Also I thought that very less people would expect WoW on it.Xurk runs scarf which let's it outspeed many Mons in the tier, and as it gets a kill, beast boost helps it sweep. Golem acts as both physical offense and defense(except for ground types which are handled by Celesteela). Pheromosa is powerful, and I chose First impression because has a decent base power and helps stop speed boosted Mons trying to sweep. Chansey is the special defense on my team, also Transform is handy. Ash Greninja, with a high attack and special attack, can come hand with steam eruption as a more haxy but powerful Scald. Momentum helps this team.
Id appreciate feedback/suggestions on this team
I could've gotten higher if the ladder wasn't so dead when I'm online

Last edited:

EV

Banned deucer.
STABmons Mindless Hyper Offense Setup Spam Deluxe

Cancer (Hoopa-Unbound) @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Magician
Hasty Nature
- Trick-or-Treat
- Stored Power
- Power Trip
- Drain Punch

cAncer (Kyurem-Black) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Teravolt
Naive Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Icicle Crash
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power

caNcer (Garchomp-Mega) @ Garchompite
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Shore Up
- Precipice Blades
- Dragon Hammer

canCer (Snorlax) @ Leftovers
Ability: Immunity
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Recover

cancEr (Thundurus) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Nasty Plot
- Oblivion Wing
- Thunderbolt

canceR (Silvally-Ghost) @ Ghost Memory
Ability: RKS System
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Strength Sap
- Moongeist Beam
- Secret Sword

Do what the name says. This team just tries to abuse a bunch of scary offensive threats. Each member has a setup move and if you get a turn to setup with any of them you'll be taking down a few threats, I guarantee it. There's no defensive cohesion whatsoever so just pull some clever switches and you're good. You kinda auto lose to Ash-Gren if you lose Kyurem-B btw.

Ghostium Z Hoopa-U relies on ToT to abuse its STABs, so of the six it really needs that turn of setup before being threatening. Drain Punch w/ ToT looks counter intuitive but you absolutely need it to beat Darks. This is your primary swtich into Sableye btw, as Sableye can't touch it w/o Foul Play. Other STABs can be slashed over Stored Power and Power Trip for more immediate damage, such as Psystrike, Night Daze, etc.

DD Kyurem-B is pretty standard but you can run a Sub set if you like or give it priority Ice Shard cuz the team sorta lacks priority.

DD Mega Chomp forms a dual dancing Dragon core. Together these two can smash through physical walls so the other can sweep later.

BD Snorlax cleans once Ghosts are gone. I have Immunity but Thick Fat is fine too.

Standard Thundurus is here so you don't get bopped by stall. Also remember that Taunt DOES NOT BLOCK STATUS Z-MOVES. Learned that the hard way.

Lastly is the creme de la creme, Ghost QD Silvally. Set up a QD and profit. Clear Mantine/Tapu Fini and weaken Chansey first.

EV

Banned deucer.
STABmons Offense ~ "Lost Memories"

Alakazam-Mega @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Psychic Terrain
- Psystrike
- Focus Blast
- Dazzling Gleam

Greninja @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- Parting Shot

EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- Shadow Bone
- Shadow Sneak
- Knock Off

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- King's Shield
- Gyro Ball

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Dragon Ascent
- Precipice Blades
- Sleep Talk

Silvally-Water @ Water Memory
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Quiver Dance
- Scald
- Shore Up

Originally this team had a Scarf Tapu Lele but that's banned rip.

So this team is a bunch of wallbreakers, a random Ferrothorn, and the obligatory QD Silvally. Mega Zam is a decent alternative to Lele, as its Psystrikes hit super duper hard after Terrain goes up and it's plenty fast naturally. I basically just replicated Lele's coverage with the moves but you can always throw in HP Fire over Dazzling if you want ig.

Specs Ash Gren is another special wallbreaker and fast pivot. Love this thing. Pretty straight forward. Steam Eruption is really spammable but Parting Shot is safe if you're unsure.

Alowak is generally a pivot with Shore Up to take on Tapu Koko, Bewear, etc, but I really like this set too because it obliterates so much with V-create / Shadow Bone + Shadow Sneak. You could always drop Knock Off for Shore Up for longevity and put that on Landorus-T instead.

Ferrothorn is a glue of sorts / generic hazard setter. It's kind of a momentum sink. Celesteela is a decent alternative but you lose hazard access. (If you run Cele I'd give it Defog and then throw Rocks on Silvally or smthn.)

Scarf Landorus-T is still amazing this gen. I run Sleep Talk to catch Kartana's Spores but it's really shaky to rely on that meh. Stone Edge can be slashed to get a more reliable bop on Thundurus, which is a bitch to handle.

Lastly we have Silvally. I needed a Spinner and then I just decided to make it offensive Water because QD + Scald is hilarious. Try to catch burns with this because then you're just unstoppable xd. If you can find another spot for spinning/hazard removal, King's Shield would be a great 4th move to dick over Bunny and other FakeSpeeders!

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
Ok so since Eevee General told me to post some STABmons teams then I am basically forced to share some, so here we go:

STABmons: Balance (FWG + Celesteela Core)

EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD
Careful Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Spirit Shackle
- Stealth Rock
- Shore Up

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 188 Def / 68 Spe
Bold Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Volt Switch
- Blue Flare
- Defog

Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Def / 172 SpD
Calm Nature
- Seed Flare
- Clear Smog
- Spore
- Strength Sap

Celesteela @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 248 HP / 144 Def / 116 SpD
Impish Nature
- Anchor Shot
- Toxic
- Leech Seed
- Roost

Chansey @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Transform
- Seismic Toss
- Heal Bell
- Soft-Boiled

Greninja-Ash @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Water Spout
- Dark Pulse
- Steam Eruption
- Parting Shot

So this team was built around the common FWG + Celesteela core that is used in OU with a STABmons twist to it. Alolan-Marowak, Rotom-W, and Mega Venusaur all synergize very well with eachother as they all cover eachothers weaknesses quite well, creating a solid balance core where Alolan-Marowak being the main hazard setter, Rotom-W being the bulky pivot with hazard removal and Mega Venusaur being a great blanket check to many common offensive threats such as Ash-Greninja, Silvally-Water, and certain Tapu Koko variants. Celesteela compliments the core quite well as it adds another Ground immunity which can be very beneficial when dealign with certain threats such as Zygarde, Mega Garchomp, and Landorus-T. It also can trap and stall out many other more passive walls that would otherwise be a nuisance to take down for the team. Chansey is here as a great cleric + setup check due to Transform. It can also wall out certain special attackers such as Magearna, Yanmega, and Mega Charizard Y also which is very beneficial. Lastly, we have Ash-Greninja to add a bit more offensive presence to the team as the other members a quite slow, and it helps break through other balance teams as well.

STABmons: Silvally-Steel Stall

Sableye-Mega @ Sablenite
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 SpD
Careful Nature
- Parting Shot
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Knock Off

Silvally-Steel @ Steel Memory
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 180 SpD
Careful Nature
- Anchor Shot
- Imprison
- Transform
- Strength Sap

Chansey @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Transform
- Soft-Boiled
- Heal Bell

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Scald
- Spikes
- Toxic
- Shore Up

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 SpD
Bold Nature
- Boomburst
- Rapid Spin
- Milk Drink
- Baton Pass

Buzzwole @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Spe
Impish Nature
- Drain Punch
- U-turn
- Toxic
- Roost

So this is a stall team that I had mentioned in the STABmons thread a while back, but polished it a bit more to work in the current meta. After the Tapu Lele ban, stall gained quite a bit more breathing room to function more effectively. Mega Sableye is the staple on almost all STABmons Stall teams and works as a great hazard blocker and momentum gainer with Parting Shot. Silvally-Steel is the teams main way of taking out annoying threats through the use of Anchor Shot + ImprisonForm where Silvally can effectively trap and stall out an opposing mon with Struggle. This is great for stall as it can eliminate certain threats such as Mega Venusaur, Celesteela, Ferrothorn, and Tyranitar who all threaten stall teams normally. Next we have Chansey who acts as the main setup check with Transform and also is a great cleric that can get rid of status conditions on your team, and it also sets up Stealth Rocks which is also quite good. Quagsire is another setup check through its ability Unaware that can stop threats such as Mega Charizard X, Coil Silvally-Ghost, and Mega Garchomp from sweeping the rest of the team. Sylveon, acts as another form of hazard removal with Pixilate Rapid Spin and can also be quite powerful when using Boomburst as well. Lastly, we have Buzzwole which acts as the main Diggersby check on the team as even a +2 Extreme Speed from the ground bunny cannot OHKO it, which is of course very beneficial to stall teams.

There we have it, also btw #freeSTABmons

I thought I might as well post some BH teams here before they become outdated. So here's a few successful, still good, somewhat straightforward and less gimmicky teams I used in BH (in chronological order).

Pretty standard team with a defensive core that aims to check the most common stuff with Xern, Zygod and Solgaleo while Kartana and Sceptile do their best to weaken the team. Kartana is a huge asset against any defensive and you should try to put as much pressure as you can with it. Diancie and Sceptile are faster than the majority of the meta and act as good checks to an mmy that has gotten out of hand for example. Prankster Haze is super useful and can be life saving. The team is pretty weak to Triage ray so you'll have to play around it a bit with Diancie, Sceptile and Solgaleo but I trust you can make the best of it.
Kartana @ Choice Band
Ability: Steelworker
Adamant Nature
- Sunsteel Strike
- Power Whip
- Close Combat
- Trick

Xerneas @ Safety Goggles
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Refresh
- Haze
- Soft-Boiled

Zygarde-Complete @ Safety Goggles
Relaxed Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Milk Drink
- U-turn
- Haze

Diancie-Mega @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 100 Atk / 252 SpA / 156 Spe
Mild Nature
- Boomburst
- Head Charge
- Spike Cannon
- Extreme Speed

Solgaleo @ Assault Vest
Careful Nature
- Rapid Spin
- U-turn
- Spectral Thief
- Sunsteel Strike

Sceptile-Mega @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Dazzling
EVs: 40 Def / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Clanging Scales
- Seed Flare
- Moongeist Beam
- Focus Blast

This team is actually based on PP stall, which can make it more matchup based than the others. 3 support Ogres that cover the majority of the meta and one PH sweeper Ogre that can constantly apply pressure, Contrary fairy types are super underprepared for and Xern is your a great way to dent teams with the fairy z move that can help it get past Unawares. This team can do with some changes if you so desire, Diancie has more offensive power than Xern and can easily 2HKO specially defensive mega Audino for example, you can also replace the Fur Coat Ogre with either Tapu Fini or Mega Gyarados if you want to handle Contrary or mmy better respectively.
Kyogre-Primal @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Moongeist Beam
- Quiver Dance
- King's Shield

Ability: Fur Coat
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 1 Spe
- Anchor Shot
- Haze
- Shore Up
- Strength Sap

Kyogre-Primal @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Topsy-Turvy
- Anchor Shot
- Milk Drink

Sassy Nature
IVs: 2 Spe
- Strength Sap
- Haze
- Ice Beam
- Anchor Shot

Xerneas @ Fairium Z
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 12 Def / 252 SpA / 244 Spe
Rash Nature
- V-create
- Fleur Cannon
- Spore
- Earth Power

Lysandre (Solgaleo) (M) @ Assault Vest
Careful Nature
- Rapid Spin
- U-turn
- Spectral Thief
- Sunsteel Strike

People were saying that shed was bad in gen7 so I took one of my teams, replace Pidgeot with Shedinja and the team ended up being pretty good. Shedinja can perform a good offensive role due to the lack of Moldy Pursuit in the meta, being able to essentially kill everything and has the added bonus of being completely imposterproof. The EVs are to be slower than Buzzwole so imposter Chansey can't recover spam your Endeavors. The rest of the moves are to kill as much as possible, Soak to hit Ghost types on the switch and Pursuit to beat RegenVest users. There's a few other Choices for example Spectral Thief OHKOs Gengar and 2HKOs Aegislash while Seismic toss and more speed investment are better against PH mons that live Espeed. The rest is self explanatory with Coil Groudon being a pretty cool wincon and a check to a lot of offensive mons in the meta like Draco Plate Zekky (it also allows me to run v-create Diancie).
TiboInShape (Buzzwole) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Flash Fire
Relaxed Nature
- Haze
- U-turn
- Milk Drink
- Defog

Shedinja @ Protective Pads
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk / 76 Spe
Lonely Nature
IVs: 0 Def
- Endeavor
- Extreme Speed
- Double-Edge
- Pursuit

Diancie-Mega @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 100 Atk / 252 SpA / 156 Spe
Mild Nature
- Boomburst
- Head Charge
- Extreme Speed
- V-create

Solgaleo (M) @ Assault Vest
Careful Nature
- Rapid Spin
- U-turn
- Spectral Thief
- Sunsteel Strike

Audino-Mega @ Safety Goggles
Calm Nature
- Boomburst
- Haze
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock

EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
- Icicle Crash
- Thousand Arrows
- Coil
- Roost

Not much to say on this one, Shell Smash Zekrom as the main wincon, another offensive Zekrom that serves as a good Ray check and a decent lure to possibly weaken a regenvest or unaware Zygarde, Regenvest Lugia is here because Sheer Force mmy is getting common and Lugia can tank 2 Ice beam while 2HKOing mmy with Spectral Thief. The other two are self explanatory.
Zekrom @ Draco Plate
Ability: Galvanize
EVs: 116 HP / 84 Atk / 252 SpA / 56 Spe
Mild Nature
- Boomburst
- Judgment
- Shell Smash
- Head Charge

Zekrom @ Assault Vest
Ability: Refrigerate
Brave Nature
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed
- Bolt Strike
- Boomburst

Gyarados-Mega @ Safety Goggles
Relaxed Nature
- Anchor Shot
- Haze
- Milk Drink
- Strength Sap

Lugia @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 92 Atk / 168 SpD
Sassy Nature
- U-turn
- Spectral Thief
- Dragon Tail
- Rapid Spin

Registeel @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 SpD
Careful Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Anchor Shot
- Haze

Muk-Alola @ Black Sludge
Careful Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
- Knock Off
- Purify
- Roost
- Topsy-Turvy

This team I really like, a bunch of dumb wallbreakers. Swords dance + Taunt Regigigas is super annoying to handle for any defensive mon to handle and can destroy some stall builds. Contrary Ray is super underated as it easily subs up with the switches it causes and gets free boosts and beat Unaware if it can hit Lovely Kiss. Tapu Fini is what allows me to run Lovely kiss as it doesn't really care about anything Ray throws at it and can stall it out, make sure to not get it weakened thought. It's also a great answer to don and Power Trip attackers. Giratina is actually a pretty good RegenVest mon as it's not directly taken advantage off by Physical mons and can get a safe pivot while also having a STAB on Spectral Thief which makes it a good Sheer Force mmy check.
Regigigas @ Toxic Orb
Adamant Nature
- Facade
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Taunt

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Anchor Shot
- Topsy-Turvy

Giratina @ Assault Vest
Sassy Nature
- U-turn
- Spectral Thief
- Rapid Spin
- Core Enforcer

Tapu Fini @ Safety Goggles
Impish Nature
- Anchor Shot
- Haze
- Roost
- Strength Sap

Yveltal @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Def / 136 SpD
Calm Nature
- Haze
- Pursuit
- Taunt
- Milk Drink

Rayquaza-Mega @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 92 Atk / 252 SpA / 164 Spe
Rash Nature
- Draco Meteor
- V-create
- Lovely Kiss
- Substitute

Recycling a good defensive core except with Tapu Fini as a Pivot, the point is to bring Groudon and Zekrom in as often as possible to try and get kills. Fur Coat Chansey is a pretty good answer to the surplus of mmy on the ladder and provides the team with another Pivot to bring the breakers in.
Giratina @ Assault Vest
Level: 99
Sassy Nature
- U-turn
- Spectral Thief
- Rapid Spin
- Core Enforcer

Zekrom @ Draco Plate
EVs: 188 Atk / 252 SpA / 68 Spe
Mild Nature
- Bolt Strike
- Judgment
- Water Shuriken
- Roost

Groudon-Primal @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- Thousand Arrows
- Magma Storm
- Ice Hammer

Tapu Fini @ Safety Goggles
Relaxed Nature
- U-turn
- Perish Song
- Roost
- Strength Sap

Yveltal @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Def / 136 SpD
Calm Nature
- Haze
- Oblivion Wing
- Defog
- Milk Drink

Innards Out (Chansey) @ Eviolite
EVs: 8 HP / 252 Def / 248 SpD
Impish Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- U-turn
- Topsy-Turvy
- Metal Burst

So there we go, lemme know if I mucked up anything since I haven't proofread this post and please insult me if my teams I bad so I can rethink my life.
I may add replay later on when I don't have an urge to rush to the bathroom.

Here's a last special one for whoever might want it.

This was made before ppl realised they didn't need a full comatose team to click sleep talk (so in a way it's already outdated) and I actually reached top5 on the ladder with it at the time which makes the team at least decent which is why I wanted to share it (also because I think it's funny), so if you feel like clicking buttons and getting wins than go ahead.
Deoxys-Speed @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Final Gambit

Sableye-Mega @ Terrain Extender
Happiness: 0
Sassy Nature
- U-turn
- Spectral Thief
- Roost
- Rapid Spin

Deoxys-Speed @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Comatose
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sleep Talk
- Whirlwind
- Shadow Force
- Fly

Chansey @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Def / 0 Spe
- Pain Split
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Final Gambit

Metagross-Mega @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Comatose
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Shadow Force
- Sleep Talk
- Fly

Gengar @ Gengarite
Ability: Mold Breaker
Modest Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Encore
- Perish Song
- Spikes

EDIT: Since Scip hasn't updated the bazar I thought I might as well share the two most successful teams I used for the suspect ladder as a goodbye to EV limit gen7 BH.

Based on a core I used to run when Extreme evoboost was everywhere and with sashsmash everywhere it felt only appropriate to bring it back, dual prankster haze means your opponent will have a hard time catching you off guard with set up. Prankster dbond is also a nice crutch and ppl rarely expect more than one. Gengar and Kyogre are both excellent against defensive builds, Gengar being able to trap fat mons like Zygarde or every innards out mon everywhere and lock them into a pointless move before bringign them down with perish song while Kyogre can generally just dish out ridiculous damage and can get past regenvest waters with power whip. Diancie is yet another crutch against offence and set up spam, being able to live a hit regardless of hazards o take down an attacker that might've gone out of hand and occasionally being able to set up late game and clean after priority users have been removed. Also works quite well against imposter and innards out. Slaking just patches up numerous weakness to the team, mainly water bubble, and provides valuable priority against the rare offensive mon that doesn't run dazzling or if pyschic terrain has run out.
Kyogre-Primal @ Splash Plate
EVs: 236 HP / 252 SpA / 20 Spe
Rash Nature
- Judgment
- Earth Power
- Power Whip
- Shell Smash

Celesteela @ Safety Goggles
Sassy Nature
- Shore Up
- U-turn
- Haze
- Destiny Bond

Zygarde-Complete @ Groundium Z
Relaxed Nature
- Haze
- Thousand Waves
- Shore Up
- Destiny Bond

Diancie-Mega @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 160 Atk / 252 SpA / 96 Spe
Rash Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Light of Ruin
- Shell Smash
- Sunsteel Strike

Gengar @ Gengarite
Ability: Illusion
Hasty Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Def
- Encore
- Perish Song
- Sludge Wave
- Moongeist Beam

Slaking @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed
- Defog
- Ice Hammer

Pheromosa was a hugely underprepared for threat in the suspect ladder, being able to outspeed the entire meta and getting past sashes on mmy, Ash-gren and Deo-A with Pin-missile. It can 2HKO a good number of mons in the meta including Phisically defensive Giratina, Zyggy, Steel types and regenvest users such as Solgaleo. Xerneas serves as a valuable wallbreaker against bulkier team, being tanky enough to ignore most moves from the likes of Zygarde or Giratina and dishing out sustainable damage with Boosted Boombursts. Zyggy and Regi form a nice defensive core and the combination of them can wall my Groudon set. Dual Innards out user because this ability is broken and allows you to win most games if played right, Innards out Groudon is particularly threatening as it is not a threat you can ignore.
Slaking @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed
- Defog
- Ice Hammer

Xerneas @ Earth Plate
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Rash Nature
- Boomburst
- Judgment
- Tail Glow
- Recover

Zygarde-Complete @ Groundium Z
Impish Nature
- Haze
- Thousand Waves
- Shore Up
- Destiny Bond

Pheromosa @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
Naive Nature
- Pin Missile
- Storm Throw
- Frost Breath
- Stealth Rock

Registeel @ Leftovers
Sassy Nature
- Anchor Shot
- Core Enforcer
- Haze
- Roost

Groudon-Primal @ Icium Z
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Atk / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Ice Burn
- V-create
- Bonemerang
- Shift Gear

Both teams have helped me top and linger at the number one spot on the ladder for a bit of time so in theory they're good.

Last edited:
I need help with my Anything Goes team. It goes like this

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- Rock Polish
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
My go-to attacker. Rock Polish to get some speed going. Dragon Claw for dragons(though it doesn't output quite the kind of power I want-any other viable options??).Earthquake and Fire Punch for STAB.

Lugia @ Aguav Berry
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Aeroblast
- Calm Mind
- Ice Beam
- Recover

My first wall. Does well enough, but should I run a Multiscale-Ice Beam combo or a Pressure-Defog one?

Lucario-Mega @ Lucarionite
Adamant Nature
- Agility
- Power-Up Punch
- Drain Punch
- Bullet Punch
Late game cleaner. Also switches in on normal / rock /steel/ice/dark types, to get boosts going. Has destroyed Xerneases.

Deoxys-Attack @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Ice Beam
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
Self-explanatory.

Yveltal @ Focus Sash
Ability: Dark Aura
Mild Nature
- Tailwind
- Sucker Punch
- Oblivion Wing
- Dark Pulse
Oblivion Wing for regaining health, Dark pulse for flinch. Sucker punch for clean-up.

Giratina @ Leftovers

Careful Nature
- Toxic
-Sub
-Shadow Force
-Outrage

My second wall. Toxic and sub to wear down, while SForce helps with dodging. Outrage for ... well, i dunno whatelse i should put.

This team has done well, though gets beaten quite a bit(about 40% of the time). Are there any changes to mons or moves i should make that will help me??

With lugia, I'd change the item to leftovers, and place the leftover EV's in special defense or HP (not sure if this was a pasting mistake though). I feel like leftovers might work better, because lugia will survive lots of hits and the passive recovery from leftovers will probably add up to more than the one time half health gain from aguav berry. Also, if you can predict a hit that will do lots of damage, you can use roost on that turn, since your lugia will be slower than a large majority of the pokemon in the tier.

I'd keep dragon claw on groudon, because it's the only thing stopping mega ray coming in after you set rock polish up, and you don't really want to lose the speed boost.

Also, how often is the sash needed on yveltal? Because I can only see it being used with things like mega ray, or primal kyogre using thunder and with both of these if they come in on yveltal, you'd probably want to switch to lugia for M-Ray and PDon for Kyogre. Keeping this in mind, I feel like life orb might work slightly better for Yveltal, since you are fairly fast and this might allow you to knock out more pokemon with stab dark pulse's (Can't be bothered to do calcs at the moment) and also, you can regain the health lost with oblivion wing.

As for deoxys attack, I'd replace focus blast with extreme speed and change the nature to rash, this way you can deal enough damage to most pokemon that even if they have priority you can still take them out with an even faster extreme speed, but this is more of an optional change.

Finally, change outrage to dragon tail or Giratina, since you have enough health to take the hit while waiting for dragon tail and then you aren't locked in, so you don't have problems with xerneas or steelceus coming in and setting up.

Last edited:

lotiasite

undedgy
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
I need help with my team. It goes like this

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- Rock Polish
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
My go-to attacker. Rock Polish to get some speed going. Dragon Claw for dragons(though it doesn't output quite the kind of power I want-any other viable options??).Earthquake and Fire Punch for STAB.

Lugia @ Aguav Berry
EVs: 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Aeroblast
- Calm Mind
- Ice Beam
- Recover

My first wall. Does well enough, but should I run a Multiscale-Ice Beam combo or a Pressure-Defog one?

Lucario-Mega @ Lucarionite
Adamant Nature
- Agility
- Power-Up Punch
- Drain Punch
- Bullet Punch
Late game cleaner. Also switches in on normal / rock /steel/ice/dark types, to get boosts going. Has destroyed Xerneases.

Deoxys-Attack @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Ice Beam
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
Self-explanatory.

Yveltal @ Focus Sash
Ability: Dark Aura
Mild Nature
- Tailwind
- Sucker Punch
- Oblivion Wing
- Dark Pulse
Oblivion Wing for regaining health, Dark pulse for flinch. Sucker punch for clean-up.

Giratina @ Leftovers

Careful Nature
- Toxic
-Sub
-Shadow Force
-Outrage

My second wall. Toxic and sub to wear down, while SForce helps with dodging. Outrage for ... well, i dunno whatelse i should put.

This team has done well, though gets beaten quite a bit(about 40% of the time). Are there any changes to mons or moves i should make that will help me??
seems like a decent team, thoughts on changes

lugia - change aguav to leftovers, and a recommended set would be
Lugia @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Roost
- Whirlwind

a cm set isnt really giving it the justice it needs for such a great wall it is; use it more for statusing, phazing and tanking hits rather than a set up sweeper. If you want, you can change sub for ice beam if to not be taunt bait, but i think sub is the better option here.

mega lucario - switch out drain punch for close combat and power up punch for swords dance. pup just doesnt do enough damage to justify the other +1, and drain punch isnt worth the recovery for how good adaptability luke close combat is. if you're using agility, not sure if you need bullet punch; im not that sure since i dont often use luke. you can try iron tail if you want, but considering you have eq > pblades im assuming you dont like the accuracy drop

yveltal - change sash to LO, not sure what the sash is for considering the increase in power granted by LO will help a lot. i think you should take out tailwind; offensive ygod isnt a support mon and shouldn't be treated like one. i suggest changing it to knock off/heat wave/u-turn cause the coverage is really nice. hasty might be an option over mild but the power drop is sometimes bad

gira - no atk EVs, put them into def. outrage is bad on gira - can get stuck against fairies and either lose gira or become set up fodder for xern. like turnip said, dragon tail/roar are great options as like lugia, gira is meant to be a tank. also im not so sure about this one but you might wanna change it to 248 hp/252 def/8 spd, cause it looks like you get destroyed by band mray as nothing can switch into it

you might need a defogger cause you're using lugia - either run defog > outrage or just dont run lugia at all, but since im badi cant think of anything to replace it

ive never done this before so sorry if its a bad rate but i hope you have fun in AG and with your team :)

DEG

The night belongs to you
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I was forced into this.

SM 1v1 - Meteor Falls

A team built around the new rising Pokemon Crustle. Rockium-Z Crustle decimates anything that doesn't resist it allowing it to effectively a lot of threats in the metagame such as both Mega Charizard, Dragonite and Porygon-Z, weird evs allowing it to live Mega Gyarados attacks and OHKO back after a Shell Smash. Since Crustle is weak to Steel-type Pokemon Mega Charizard X fends them off, pretty standard set allowing it to easily take on its checks such as Mega Metagross and Magearna. Both Pokemon weren't that great against Water-Type Pokemon so Mega Venusaur was the pick to check them. Additionally it can take on offensive physical attackers that are abundant.
Crustle @ Rockium Z
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 112 HP / 252 Atk / 40 Def / 104 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Rock Wrecker
- Counter
- Earthquake

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Dance
- Will-O-Wisp

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Leech Seed
- Charm
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis

SM 1v1 - Cursed Notes

A team built around two new toys in the metagame: Mimikyu and Tapu Koko. The former was simply a great addition to the metagame, it balanced the metagame just fine. Disguise is a nice ability and can be used in tandem of Z-moves which after a Sword Dance can effectively OHKO or deal great damage to the foe followed up by a Shadow Sneak. Tapu Koko is a rare electric wonder in the 1v1 metagame, it is also able to a Z-move effectively taking on a great amount of pokemon with Electrium-Z Thunder. Greninja is a good Pokemon for both Pokemon since it beats Mega Charizard X and further helps in the Mega Gyarados matchup.
Mimikyu @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Disguise
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak

Tapu Koko @ Electrium Z
Ability: Electric Surge
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Greninja @ Choice Specs
Ability: Protean
Timid Nature
- Hydro Cannon
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot

I built this BH team in 3~4 minutes, played twice at ladder 1500 and didn't lose. Thought i could share that.

Kyogre-Primal @ Assault Vest
Bold Nature
- Core Enforcer
- Steam Eruption
- Volt Switch
- Moongeist Beam

Steelix-Mega @ Assault Vest
Sassy Nature
- Core Enforcer
- Rapid Spin
- U-turn
- Spectral Thief

Giratina @ Safety Goggles
Sassy Nature
- U-turn
- Dragon Tail
- Strength Sap
- Will-O-Wisp

Audino-Mega @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Baton Pass
- Recover
- Core Enforcer

Regigigas @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Spore
- Facade
- Shift Gear
- Spectral Thief

Groudon-Primal @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- Precipice Blades
- Extreme Speed
- Bolt Strike

Fur Coat Girarita walls both Groudon and Regigigas's imposters. Steelix and Kyogre form a Regenerator core that covers most attacks except Fighting; that's what Giratina is for. Audino punishes set up sweepers, because nobody told it that the opponent used Shell Smash. Groudon hits and switches out, period. V-Create kills almost e everything, and the other moves are there in case the opponent is immune or is Fur Coat/Thick Fat Palkia. Extreme Speed is a last resort move to stop a sweep. It is outspeed by Giratina after V-Create.
Some of you might have faced the old PH Regigigas; now is stronger because of Spectral Thief that hits hard, bypasses subs and steals boosts while being immune to the move itself. It's imposter proof while unboosted, then to be sure you need Giratina that cuts Attack with Will-o-wisp and Strength sap and then switches out or forces out. To use Regigigas optimally you need to set up at least a Shift Gear, and to sweep you have to start with Spore unless you are extremely guaranteed to kill the opponent in one shot or is immune to sleep. If you fear an Innards Out Chansey, attacking with Spectral Thief instead of Facade ensures that you don't kill it. Then Spore it and switch out unless it has less than 65% hp, because you can kill it and survive. Keep it away from Core Enforcer.
Steelix is very bulky. Its speed it's so low that U-turn very likely goes last. Because of that it doesn't fear Metal Burst either. It can take a Shell Smash Power Trip from Greeninja and steal it's stats. Can safely use Rapid Spin against Innards Out as it 3HKOs.
Kyogre has massive Spd and decent Spa even if uninvested and laughs at Water Bubble Kyogre while it chips damage at it, shuts down the ability and allows Giratina to burn it for more passive damage.

Other options
Core Enforcer on Giratina: you may force out targets indirectly (like -ate Kyurem or PH users).
Nuzzle, Metal Burst, Grind Gear, Sunsteel Strike, Knock Off on Steelix: slow people, punish people, punish sashes, punish Shedinja, thrashes items.
Water Shuriken, Scald, Nature's Madness on Kyogre: Priority, more pp than Steam Eruption, halves hp.
Wish, Baneful Bunker/Spiky Shield on Audino: support your team.
Bonemerang on Groudon: might kill sash users.
Shell Smash on Regigigas: not recommended, but sweeps faster if unstopped.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)