Old Generation Analyses Reservation Thread

Jorgen

World's Strongest Fairy
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
While I continue to wait for GSC Vap to be tackled by the GP crew, I feel like doing GSC Gengar because really that analysis is pretty crappy right now.

Hmm...This looks like something I'd like to do...But I've never done an Analysis, so...

I can do an analysis for ADV Swellow, if it's okay...

Jorgen

World's Strongest Fairy
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I'm unhappy with parts of the GSC Tyranitar and Machamp analyses I wrote and will likely be posting revisions to certain sections of these analyses for QC review in the near future.

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I know it's not exactly high priority but I'd like to do RBY Articuno. Hope no one minds that.

Triangles

Big Stew
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
If nobody minds, I'd like to revamp ADV Houndoom.

Also, I shall do P2 (as it's rightfully OU and deserves a fleshed-out analysis) and Dusclops (as the current analysis sings its praises as 'the best spinblocker' and in general is outdated.

Last edited:
Hi, I'm really good with doing gen 3 ou, and would like to do an article on raikou.

I'd be willing to also do a write-up on salamence, but raikou is my higher priority.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
May I update Scizor – GSC?
If you want to, I'd say go ahead. However, idk if even any of the current top GSCers have any experience with Scizor. It's just not used or seen in competitive play for various reasons, and our top GSC analysis contributors from the past couple years aren't around as much to help out.

Is there anything left to do? It seems like any tiered pokemon has a moveset and analysis. I really wanted to try my hand at this...

EDIT: I did find that Chansey has no analysis for generation 3 and I'd be happy to make one for it!

Last edited:
So yeah, I played ADV for a fair chunk of time and Theorymon'd a lot (I dropped it so I could focus on ST18 and shaking off the rust from BW). Anyways, I'd be pretty cool with writing a few analyses for this: My primary picks are Metagross and Flygon cause I prefer balanced and offensive teams and I know a fair bit about offensive mons, pros and cons. Where do I submit the analysis?

MoxieInfinite

Banned deucer.
are the metagross/flygon analyses really that bad though? because ive looked at them, and i dont think they need to be replaced.

Ah, you know. I actually looked over them and think the older gen analyses are fairly sparse, plus may fail to account for certain things.

Plasmanta

Banned deucer.
Reserving Poliwrath, Raticate, and Graveler for RBY UU

EDIT: Currently dropping Poliwrath until I can get more experience, doing a Vaporeon revamp instead

Last edited:

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
So somewhere in the change to the new scms we lost the Victreebel and Jolteon analyses. Isa Floppy or someone you guys feel is more knowledgeable, if you could paste what the standard sets are for the two that'd be awesome. They won't need a huge analysis, just the set and a small description of how it works would be sufficient

Isa

I've never felt better in my life
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
jolteon:
thunderbolt
thunder wave
double kick
pin missile

no real variation in set. stab vs everything except exeggutor (pin missile) and chansey (double kick). useful vs waters and zapdos. fastest mon in the metagame. ideally used later on in the game.

victreebel:
wrap
stun spore/sleep powder
razor leaf
hyper beam

be an asshole to your friends and use wrap. stun things that dont like wrap. razor leaf is stab that autocrits, good vs amnesia. hyper beam is physical attack of choice (body slam is too weak). decent throughout the game.

alternate set:
swords dance
hyper beam
razor leaf
body slam/powder

set up lategame, attack.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)