Official Smogon University Simulator Statistics — February 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Antar, have you considered changing the display for the metagame analyses?

Playstyle:

Offense, hyperoffense, balance, semistall, and stall in that order.

Weather/non-weather:

Weatherless, hail, sand, rain, multi-weather, and sun in that order.

Specifics about weather:

Hail Offense, sand offense, rain offense, sun offense, hail stall, and sand stall in that order.

Other:

VoltTurn, Baton Pass, Choice, Trick Room, dragmag, and trapper in that order.
I just want to note that the above refers to the Little Cup statistics. That's why I ordered those categories in such a way. And I have to note that I don't know anything about coding at all.

If Hax drops to UU it will most likely be quick-banned. Its speed is much more impressive there, the only steel types bulky enough to take its Outrages - Cobalion and Bronzong - both fall to Mold Breaker Earthquake, and it will be almost impossible to defeat after a Dragon Dance due to the lack of strong priority in UU.

In other news in UU:

| 50 | Nidoqueen | 4.59094% |

Looks like RU may yet see the back of this powerhouse bitch. I hope so.

Thank you Antar for the stats!

| 1 | Scizor | 23.10515% | 139645 | 18.881% | 110608 | 18.675% |
| 2 | Ferrothorn | 19.66249% | 131261 | 17.747% | 112948 | 19.070% |
| 3 | Politoed | 18.81722% | 115529 | 15.620% | 105384 | 17.793% |

And no one questions this? When was the last time Politoed was in the #3 spot in usage? I'll update this more tomorrow morning.

I love how the 1850 stats show Ferrothorn is the #1 "noob" pokémon.
I wouldn't call players with a Glicko2 above 1500 "noobs."

This is my real problem with these 1850 stats--you guys read too much into them, when really all that's going on is that the contribution of a select few teams dominates the stats.

Kingdra and tornadus need a bit more usage to make it in OU. It is a shame that scolipede will probably drop to nu. It is a great pokemon.

Imanalt

I'm the coolest girl you'll ever meet
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Only 95% of Ninjask have Baton Pass. I would like to meet the other 5%.
bandjask obviously... :p

anyways im dissapointed with how much of a fall escavalier has had in bh... it should be one of the top 10 mons in the tier, and its fallen to 35... needs to be on another 10% of teams or so... ah well i guess time to post discussion of why its so good in the bh thread...

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I wouldn't call players with a Glicko2 above 1500 "noobs."

This is my real problem with these 1850 stats--you guys read too much into them, when really all that's going on is that the contribution of a select few teams dominates the stats.
This is why I used quotation marks. I don't think they're really noobs, but it's interesting that the more "skilled" players (at least ladder-wise) refrain from using Ferrothorn as much.

This is why I used quotation marks. I don't think they're really noobs, but it's interesting that the more "skilled" players (at least ladder-wise) refrain from using Ferrothorn as much.
If you take a look at Ferrothorn usage at Standard ubers. As you can see it is in 8th place. Most likely I predict that Ferrothorn would be the next suspect
this month but lets see what Smogon suspect has in store for us. I doubt it but I would see if I could test that but I haven't played Showdown in ages
because of IRL Reasons.

EDIT: I also Looked at Standard OU usage for Ferrothorn so I am not going to say anything yet. Just keeping my imagination of ferro to myself

Why would Ferrothorn be suspect? Suspect testing has little-or-nothing to do with a Pokemon's usage: Tornadus-T was only in the 20s when it got tested and banned.

Ferrothorn has been around forever, and I don't think any serious player thinks it's either broken or overcentralizing (don't like hazards? use Taunt or a spinner. Ferro is slow and easy to KO with Fire or Fighting moves).

Why would Ferrothorn be suspect? Suspect testing has little-or-nothing to do with a Pokemon's usage: Tornadus-T was only in the 20s when it got tested and banned.

Ferrothorn has been around forever, and I don't think any serious player thinks it's either broken or overcentralizing (don't like hazards? use Taunt or a spinner. Ferro is slow and easy to KO with Fire or Fighting moves).
As a matter of fact I do agree with you. Ferrothorn overall is a great pokemon and overused but some say its a noob pokemon.

Ferrothorn overall is a great pokemon and overused but some say its a noob pokemon.
The fact of the matter is, all pokemon that are seen to be used frequently are more than likely going to be classified―as in your terms, a "noob pokemon." This is only because when someone first starts competitive battling, the common first instinct is to just use the most seemingly overpowered or used pokemon at the time. In Ferrothorn's case, it's been a good addition to the metagame in my opinion, keeping a wide variety of threats in check, as without it, several of them would be a bit too threatening. Just because it can be annoying, doesn't mean it's unstoppable or unneeded.

March stats (and the new tiers) are being processed as we speak, but the question is... if I post them today, will anyone actually believe them?

Believable or not, I'd love to see where we are this cycle. If they are "joke stats" I'm not sure if they'd be as much of a laugh as what Showdown is doing right now. :V

Well I'll get them up when I can--each month, as PS gets more and more popular, it takes longer and longer to process the stats. At this rate they might not even be READY until tomorrow...

March stats (and the new tiers) are being processed as we speak, but the question is... if I post them today, will anyone actually believe them?
I'll believe them. If you're running out of disk space, do not hesitate to post them immediately. Even if the stat thresholds result in dissapointment, it would still be better than obscuring them for the next day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)