Official Smogon University Simulator Statistics — December 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised that metagross has a higher usage rating than latias because I've honestly never seen a metagross in my entire OU career and I've played well over 200 OU matches.

Is there a way to get a version of the moveset statistics but without the checks and counters and teammates? It's really hard to find a Pokemon with Ctrl+F, and I never found the said information useful anyway.

Is there a way to get a version of the moveset statistics but without the checks and counters and teammates? It's really hard to find a Pokemon with Ctrl+F, and I never found the said information useful anyway.
Sorry about that. In the future, I'll try to change the format a little bit, but for now, you should be able to find the pokes you're looking for by doing a Ctrl-F search for the Pokemon's name with a bunch of spaces afterwards (just keep adding spaces until there's only one result).

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Working through the BH stats, I found this:
Code:
 +----------------------------------------+ 
 | Kyurem-Black                           | 
 | Abilities                              | 
 | Prankster 41.931%                      | 
 | Moves                                  | 
 | Outrage [B]131.188%[/B]                       |
Oh, you little Prankster.

jrp

Banned deucer.
Code:

be quiet you woodchuck wannabe

I'm kind of irritated that Scizor is 1 in the stats this month considering that most of the top threats don't particularly care about it. Torn-T isn't OHKO'd by CB Bullet Punch, and can just switch out to get the lost HP back. Keldeo doesn't care about bullet punch at all, taking about 30% from it.

Scizor is a good mon, I'm not arguing that. But it's not #1 material

I'm kind of irritated that Scizor is 1 in the stats this month considering that most of the top threats don't particularly care about it. Torn-T isn't OHKO'd by CB Bullet Punch, and can just switch out to get the lost HP back. Keldeo doesn't care about bullet punch at all, taking about 30% from it.

Scizor is a good mon, I'm not arguing that. But it's not #1 material
Tornadus-T is kinda screwed against Scizor oftentimes.

252 Atk Choice Band Technician Scizor (+Atk) Bullet Punch vs 0 HP/0 Def Tornadus-T: 65.22% - 76.59% (12.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock)

Anyway, the reason why I think that Scizor is #1 is mainly because Scizor is just so dang easy to use and has a lot of utility. Spamming U-turn is really cool, and when combined with no Stealth Rock weakness and the STAB on U-turn, it is really good at getting momentum while actually substaintially hurting the opponent. Bullet Punch is one of the strongest Priority moves in the game, and it ensures that you won't get swept by Terrakion, and does a hefty amount of damage to things that have set up and are trying to finish off your team. Scizor's only weakness, Fire-moves, is easily mitigated by Rain, and since Scizor has Superpower stuff like Heatran can't wall it. Scizor may not be the best Pokemon in OU, but it is probably the most usable and is the easiest to throw onto a team.

jrp

Banned deucer.
Tornadus-T is kinda screwed against Scizor oftentimes.

252 Atk Choice Band Technician Scizor (+Atk) Bullet Punch vs 0 HP/0 Def Tornadus-T: 65.22% - 76.59% (12.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock)

Anyway, the reason why I think that Scizor is #1 is mainly because Scizor is just so dang easy to use and has a lot of utility. Spamming U-turn is really cool, and when combined with no Stealth Rock weakness and the STAB on U-turn, it is really good at getting momentum while actually substaintially hurting the opponent. Bullet Punch is one of the strongest Priority moves in the game, and it ensures that you won't get swept by Terrakion, and does a hefty amount of damage to things that have set up and are trying to finish off your team. Scizor's only weakness, Fire-moves, is easily mitigated by Rain, and since Scizor has Superpower stuff like Heatran can't wall it. Scizor may not be the best Pokemon in OU, but it is probably the most usable and is the easiest to throw onto a team.

My issue is that spamming U-Turn in this meta is basically suicide if your opponent has hazards out. I don't know if it's just the opponents I'm getting, but people are letting me kill their spinners extremely early in the battle, which lets me give scizor plenty of problems. Plus there's all sorts of nasty things you can run like offensive Deo-D to get rid of spinners

Code:
Does BH let you put the same move in twice? Otherwise, not sure what was going on there, but I can look at the raw files.

[Edit: I don't know whether it lets you play with four moves the same, but you can definitely enter it, and it'll definitely make it into the logs]

I *can* say that something wonky was going on this month for BH and Hackmons--I had to manually edit a few files to fix weird things like Pokemon with the ability "sa" (sand veil?) or "ma" (magic guard?)

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Yes, you can battle with four of the same move in Balanced Hackmons. A popular strategy uses Prankster Assist Kyurem-B with no moves that Assist can copy except Outrage. It's damn hard to beat...

I don't see chandelure usage being affected since chansey can't do anything to it behind a substitute. Majority of the other special sweepers will be affected though :(

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
There are no excuses.
The Uber Ladder is flooded with n00bs. Charizard is not the only case. For example, you could run into a team of perfectly viable Pokemon. Then they run moves like Iron Tail and Hyper Beam. Basically, the dregs of the Uber Ladder like to grab their anime faves and they get redirected to Ubers mostly because they are using something like Mewtwo.

The Uber Ladder is flooded with n00bs. Charizard is not the only case. For example, you could run into a team of perfectly viable Pokemon. Then they run moves like Iron Tail and Hyper Beam. Basically, the dregs of the Uber Ladder like to grab their anime faves and they get redirected to Ubers mostly because they are using something like Mewtwo.
Yeah, it is a shame that Ubers are like that. But then again, aren't all tiers like that, with their fair share of scrubs and n00bs? Nevertheless, such things are hard to control because of the possible stubbornness of the players themselves.

Yeah, it is a shame that Ubers are like that. But then again, aren't all tiers like that, with their fair share of scrubs and n00bs? Nevertheless, such things are hard to control because of the possible stubbornness of the players themselves.
Yeah, but Ubers will have the highest proportion of them, and NU probably the least.

Think about it this way, you get those people that know nothing about tiers and just simply throw together a random team and play in whatever tier they get defaulted to. So they're most likely going to end up in Ubers or OU. It's less likely that some n00b will throw together a team of their 6 favourite Pokemon and every single one would be NU or lower, so there'd be fewer down in NU and RU, if that makes sense. But yeah, all tiers will have it to some extent.

Yeah, but Ubers will have the highest proportion of them, and NU probably the least.
I can actually give you guys data related to that that (and will later today).

Preliminarily, about 64% of NU teams belong to "above average" players (I'll talk about what that means in the new stats thread), compared to only 54% of OU teams, 66% of Little Cup teams, 68% of randbats (suprised that's so high, but I guess it's harder to be a hopeless n00b in randbats) and 68% of Ubers.

So, as surprising as it is, Ubers actually has a SMALLER share of idiot n00bs as compared to other tiers, and OU is by far the worst offender.

So why is it that you see so many more crap teams in Ubers vs. OU? Because Zarel is awesome: Pokemon Showdown will attempt to pair players based on their rating, so if you're a decent player, you have a MUCH better chance of being paired with a decent player than a crap one. But if there are only two people looking for a battle, PS (unlike PO) won't prevent them from being paired if their ratings are too far apart. So since there are so many fewer people on the Ubers ladder than on the OU ladder, you're more likely to get paired with a crap opponent, even though they're fewer and farther between.

Make sense?

Preliminarily, about 64% of NU teams belong to "above average" players (I'll talk about what that means in the new stats thread), compared to only 54% of OU teams, 66% of Little Cup teams, 68% of randbats (suprised that's so high, but I guess it's harder to be a hopeless n00b in randbats) and 68% of Ubers.

So, as surprising as it is, Ubers actually has a SMALLER share of idiot n00bs as compared to other tiers, and OU is by far the worst offender.

So why is it that you see so many more crap teams in Ubers vs. OU? Because Zarel is awesome: Pokemon Showdown will attempt to pair players based on their rating, so if you're a decent player, you have a MUCH better chance of being paired with a decent player than a crap one. But if there are only two people looking for a battle, PS (unlike PO) won't prevent them from being paired if their ratings are too far apart. So since there are so many fewer people on the Ubers ladder than on the OU ladder, you're more likely to get paired with a crap opponent, even though they're fewer and farther between.

Make sense?
Yeah thanks, that makes sense when I think about. I can't wait for the new stats today! :D

Make sense?
Yeah, that really does make a lot of sense. Still, those stats shocked me (XD). Thank you for the data Antar, keep up with answering our questions, O great one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)