Official Smogon NFL Fantasy Football Thread (2016-17 Season) - WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did all Bell owners get together and prayed to God this Sunday morning?

Well, my B scored average, but my opponent tanked. The powerhouse of the league actually lost his game, so I can very well take this shit. Funny, because his team is similar to the one I have on my A. He didn't get a good replacement for Julio though. And he expected Mccoy to tank against Pittsburgh, so he benched him.

My A opponent? A rematch with the guy I made that big trade with. Was projected higher than me. The poor bastard had Wilson. And Forte not getting shit against San Francisco, hahaha. Fitzgerald not getting him shit either. He didn't start Pryor, but look at those points he didn't get. What a week.

You know your wideouts all sucked when you have Mike Evans, Delanie Walker and Kelvin Benjamin, and your #1 receiver for the week is Kenny Britt.

B-Lulz

Now Rusty and Old
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Drew Brees, Dez, Jimmy Graham, Devontae Booker and Seattle D scored a combined 8.18 points for me this week and I could still technically win (I won't). WTF. Of all weeks to play like a sack of shit...Had Matt Ryan on the bench too :/

Man, Atlanta will be a gold mine this week for sure. They really can't do better than they did against the Lambs (maybe they could shoot for 50+ lol), but at least it's guaranteed that scores on offense should be aplenty.

Ty Montgomery looking like that David Johnson-type pickup that's gonna propel me to another League B championship run...

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
As I predicted, all my players shit the bed in the same week which will cause me to lose this playoff matchup that I was projected to win by almost 20

Mccoy gonna wrap it up for me early on for round 2 of my A league. Don't even have to wait for the Atlanta game. My opponent shit the bed last week on B, so no worries there.

Ty Montgomery looking like that David Johnson-type pickup that's gonna propel me to another League B championship run...
He should have been picked up mid season at least once. I actually had him for a bit, but needed room. I think he's pretty good for GB's improvised run game.

I need 35 points from DeSean Jackson in my playoff matchup to move on. It wouldn't be as bad if Winston actually threw to Evans more than he did.

I'm surprised I lasted this long in League A considering my first two draft picks were Allen Robinson and Brandon Marshall, had 3 of the 4 RBs I drafted get injured, and beat my projections once the entire year. Losing by less than 3 points in the semifinals is pretty brutal, but considering I managed to BS my way into winning 10 games this season and was starting only 2 players that I actually drafted, I should consider myself fortunate to get this far.

Also, I find it really funny that I managed to do so well with a team name like "Below-Average Bums", kinda like how I won Smogon Pick'em last season as "Picking All Favorites".

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I survived a down week to make the final. now I must crush tad38 for great justice and claim my first league a title!

I lost this week in my money league but if I win the consolation match next week I can still make a profit as third place gets paid buy in plus 20

Tossing up between Roethlisberger and Mariota at QB this week. Ben has a tougher task against Baltimore, but my expectation is that the Titans will go up big early against the Jags, either leading to a run-heavy offence (good thing I have Murray as well), or even an early benching.

Thinking I'll ride with Mariota - if I'm going to go down with the ship, I'd rather stick to my guns and my QB.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
Big Ben does better at home and he's at home this week, but with ravens steelers you never know. Mariota probably has the higher floor, but Ben has a way higher ceiling

Really tossing up between Cousins and Stafford for 'ship week. Came to the conclusion that neither is a great play but can't venture to the waiver for anything better.

Also have to choose 4 of Edelman, Freeman, Montgomery, Demaryius, Powell, Ware, and Inman. Sheesh.

I'd err on the side of Cousins personally - that Bears team is bad, but they lose games close enough to stop opposing offences from relying on the ground game. ...As I say that, watch as Cousins goes 3-16 with 2 picks and a fumble. Haha

EDIT: Is their pass D really 6th in the league? Wow, I find that surprising. Would still go Cousins though.

Last edited:
I fuckin knew it. Eli just can't go without interceptions. It's physically impossible. Probably won't even go above double digits now. Watch broken Stafford beat him by a bunch.

Not my year in FF. Prolly getting shut out of winning a championship, including one league where my team (consisting of guys like Brees, Evans, Bell, Shady, and Olsen) outscored everyone else by 200+ in the regular season but has proceeded to shit the bed in the semis to a team resorting to starting Alfred fucking Blue.

David Johnson is such a BEAST, super consistent all year and made up for the fact that I started Landry and Ty Montgomery over Watkins. Looks likely that one of my teams can win a championship so long as Zeke, Jeremy Hill, and Dan Bailey don't score a combined 62.6 points.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
Looks like the League A championship is going to be closer than I had hoped, tad38 looking like he could pull off the upset if he gets a strong showing from Le'Veon Bell and/or my remaining players crap out. Fitting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)