Official Smogon Fantasy Football Thread - 2015-16 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fun stuff to lose your RB1 (Ingram) without warning right before the fantasy playoffs. Hopefully the Jags coaching staff have seen the light and give Yeldon all the goal line carries because my playoff outlook just got a whole lot worse.
Now I've lost Rawls and Yeldon is banged up. Just a great set-up for a Week 15 exit in the fantasy playoffs.

lost in the first round of the playoffs in my money league thanks to rawls and eifert.... and in smogon league i lost eifert and dalton (still in the playoffs though)

there are injuries to key players every year no doubt, but THIS year has been one of the worst.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Who wants to propose a theory as to how this team ended up 2-12? I would love to see what y'all come up with.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Majority of the skill players sucked for the first half of the season (lacy, Cobb, McCoy, Watkins), part of the season (arob, Edelman), or just plain sucked (Murray, witten).

Poor timing on starting players through bad weeks and/or injuries=a crap record

In a real interesting situation in my money league... I'm down 13.5 with the Giants kicker and either MNF QB left to play, so I'm feeling pretty good about winning and making the playoffs. Problem is, if I score 25+ points, I get bumped from the #6 seed to the #5 seed. Due to divisions and the way the seeding works, the #3 seed is a much worse team than the #4 seed, which is my dad.

Definitely considering starting Ryan Tannehill and hoping they combine for between 14-24 points, even if it risks not making the playoffs. It might be better to diversify anyways, as if the Giants faceplant I have the potential to lose starting Eli, while if the Dolphins suck again I could probably scrounge up 14 points between Tannehill and John Brown.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Very astute theories. This week, for example, I was defeated by an opponent who started such notable powerhouses as Bilal Powell, Ryan Mathews and Brian Hartline. Needless to say it's been a particularly frustrating season

EDIT: Killah given the state of the Giants' secondary you could very easily have Tannehill score a ton of points. It might be more feasible to start him and bench your kicker completely if you want to stay between 14 and 25 pts

lost Eifert in both leagues and Dalton in one of them.

still have a shot of putting up points comparable to my opponents if Lamar has a good game.

2 week playoffs thank goodness, and i kept Austaferious Jenkins and Scott Chandler from when Eifert was out last week, but will need to pick up Tamme or something to play since Gronk is back.

hopefully i can pick up Fitzmagic on waivers for next week.

Last edited:

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Sadly, I beat Huy and now get to merely pretend that I'm in League A playoffs after last week's luckfucking. I better "lose" so I don't have to get salty about being robbed of a championship. :( I did impact the playoff picture though, as my win over Huy put moot into the 4-seed. You know, the dude 9th in scoring with the 3rd most points against. A combined 50 from literally Ted Ginn and Tyler Lockett will get you W's though. RIP pre-season darlings me and Texas.

On the bright side, after getting hosed out of an easy Bye the power of JARVIS LANDRY lifted my Andy Dalton-led team a whole .11 points over captcombee for a victory in #strongs first-round playoffs.

I'll try to do a cool playoff update, hopefully before Thursday when games start getting played this week but so busy. :[

all week long i debated mariota vs hoyer as my streaming QB, i ended up going with hoyer for god knows what reason.... if i had started mariota i would've won by .23 points and be in the semis of the playoffs smh

In one of my leagues, a guy lost his first 6 matchups then proceeded to win out (8 straight) and sneak into the playoffs as the #4 and final seed.... Never saw anything like that before in fantasy

Texas Cloverleaf

is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
[10:01:21] <Texas> If they played every team every week, Adrian Beat Her Son would be 94-60.
[10:01:25] <Texas> >finishes 6-8

RIP League A

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
In one of my leagues, a guy lost his first 6 matchups then proceeded to win out (8 straight) and sneak into the playoffs as the #4 and final seed.... Never saw anything like that before in fantasy
Well if you remember the wave of injuries started hitting around weeks 5-6, so what probably happened is he largely avoided losing major players to IR whereas many other teams in the league were probably crippled by it. Yeah it's unusual but the circumstances in a year like this make it more plausible

Well if you remember the wave of injuries started hitting around weeks 5-6, so what probably happened is he largely avoided losing major players to IR whereas many other teams in the league were probably crippled by it. Yeah it's unusual but the circumstances in a year like this make it more plausible
Actually, what makes it more interesting is he lost Foster midseason... but ultimately benefited from the emergence of Bryant and resurgence of Maclin and Lacy

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
[10:01:21] <Texas> If they played every team every week, Adrian Beat Her Son would be 94-60.
[10:01:25] <Texas> >finishes 6-8

RIP League A
Duston MoP would be 82-72 if they played every team every week.
>finishes 5-9

Incidentally, one Two Steaks Bastards would have finished a relatively solid 77-77 despite scoring 75 less than MoP and 120 less than you en route to 9th in scoring. (MoP was the unlucky recipient of this year's most scored against award, though.) Weird considering it's not like moot went 60-150-60-150 week-to-week... closer to 80-110-80-110. I guess scores across the league were pretty boom or bust this year?

the fantasy gods may have seen fit to take away my top 3 RBs the past few weeks, but at least Bryce Brown, Denard Robinson, Tim Hightower, and Brandon Bolden are suddenly available on the dawn of the playoffs.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Shady's Party would be 110-44 if they played every team every week.

Pretty good, although I remember Fabbles once had such a dominant autodradted team that it was like 140-20 for the season

BTW my league b team put up the second highest score of the week last week.....in the consolation bracket as the #2 overall scoring team finished fucking 6-7.

alright, in my .5ppr league i got Fitzmagic to play instead of Dalton, and ZMiller to play instead of Eifert. BMarsh and ABrown have "bad match-ups" but there's no way you sit either of those guys. Lamar and Ivory are also locked in to my RB spots. here's where it gets tricky, pick 2 of Maclin/JHill/Denard/JBrown/Woodhead. Maclin gets the Ravens, JHill gets SF, Denard gets the Falcons, JBrown gets the Eagles, Woodhead isn't going to get played but the Dolphins is still a good match up for him.

how the fuck do i decide who is going to light it up against a shitty team?

starting the Bengals D over the Broncos because duh.

in my standard i also got ZMiller to start over Eifert. i have 3 Ds on my roster right now, which is bizarre for me, but they're Denver/Chiefs/Steelers. Chiefs vs Ravens seems like the obvious play, but the Broncos O is really really bad right now, which is why i picked up the Steelers too. WR are Odell and Marshall. RB are Miller and Deangelo. FLEX is either ARob/Lacy/Martavis. i have ARob in there right now, but him and Martavis are a toss up i feel. i really really really hate Lacy this year and can't trust him, but he does seem to have a better match-up than either of them.

thoughts?

Last edited:

Texas Cloverleaf

Maclin because the ravens are total ass (:()

Brown because palmer-brown is sick and the game has the cards projected at 27-30 points

Chiefs is a mandatory start, ARob is mandatory start, he and marshall are about equal in value imo, both top 10 wrs

alright, in my .5ppr league i got Fitzmagic to play instead of Dalton, and ZMiller to play instead of Eifert. BMarsh and ABrown have "bad match-ups" but there's no way you sit either of those guys. Lamar and Ivory are also locked in to my RB spots. here's where it gets tricky, pick 2 of Maclin/JHill/Denard/JBrown/Woodhead. Maclin gets the Ravens, JHill gets SF, Denard gets the Falcons, JBrown gets the Eagles, Woodhead isn't going to get played but the Dolphins is still a good match up for him.

how the fuck do i decide who is going to light it up against a shitty team?

starting the Bengals D over the Broncos because duh.

in my standard i also got ZMiller to start over Eifert. i have 3 Ds on my roster right now, which is bizarre for me, but they're Denver/Chiefs/Steelers. Chiefs vs Ravens seems like the obvious play, but the Broncos O is really really bad right now, which is why i picked up the Steelers too. WR are Odell and Marshall. RB are Miller and Deangelo. FLEX is either ARob/Lacy/Martavis. i have ARob in there right now, but him and Martavis are a toss up i feel. i really really really hate Lacy this year and can't trust him, but he does seem to have a better match-up than either of them.

thoughts?

john brown is basically an every week starter at this point. he's a top receiver on the best passing offense in the nfl. maclin has an amazing matchup, but considering the ravens have a terrible offense and the chiefs are playing lights out, the chiefs might just pile up a huge lead and resort to running the football for most of the game. hill has a good matchup as well, but it could end up being a bernard game. if i were you, i would look at how sf has performed against pass catching backs in the last ~5 or so weeks, to give you an idea of what kind of rb they suffer against.

definitely keep allen robinson as your flex. martavis has a brutal matchup and lacy is fat and inconsistent.

dernard robinson is playing the defense allowing the most TDs and most catches to RBs in the league, he's a no brainer in 1 or 0.5 ppr easily

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)