Official NBA '17-18 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a team in the NBA that gets hoed by the refs more than OKC?? And why is Westbrook able to get assaulted every time he drives to the rim?

Is there a team in the NBA that gets hoed by the refs more than OKC?? And why is Westbrook able to get assaulted every time he drives to the rim?
It was a while ago (back when he had knees), but I remember (or may be misremembering) some people making the argument that Rose was way too fast and crafty for refs to see that he gets hammered. Maybe it was someone else, but I think it was Rose.

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
as much as i don't like melo's antics at times, i can respect that the dude doesn't flop, even when a lot of his game is bullyball and yelling "OHHHHHHHHHHHHH SHIT" every time he tries to power through the basket or get a rebound.

Career night from Ingram and Kuzma not enough to top the Suns at Staples. I'm actually getting concerned over Lonzo's poor shooting. We could have won if he had chipped in 10-12 points last night. He better get himself a shooting trainer to coach him up after this season because that shit shooting motion isn't gonna cut it in the nba

Magic said they won't tinker with Lonzo's shot until the summer. What concerns me more than his shooting is his finishing. He gets blocked way too often for a guy his size.

Right, which is why I specified after this season lel. I agree about his poor finishing though. He needs to take a page from Kyrie or Curry as someone who plays below the rim and doesn't rely on athleticism to score. Adding a reliable floater would also help a lot

Players typically make big strides from their first to second year, so I'd just be patient. We just need him to continue to get guys involved, make those passes and plays, and show that he's at least capable on the defensive end (which he has been doing).

Lonzo just tied LeBron as the youngest player ever with multiple triple doubles at age 20 years and 23 days. Of course, Lonzo also broke LeBron's record of youngest player to get a triple double at 20 years and 15 days old just 8 days earlier.

Update on the Okafor situation
Colangelo's asking price has steadily dropped for Okafor, from two first-round picks to a first and a solid player to where it stands now, a second-round pick, league sources said.
The Sixers are deliberately screwing Okafor and messing with his entire career.

Some background: The Sixers declined their 4th year option on Okafor, making him an UFA this summer. If they had traded him before the option deadline, his new team can still exercise that 4th year option. But now that the deadline has passed, any team that trades for him now can only offer him up to the money that is declined (around $6m) this summer when he becomes a UFA. Every other team (excluding Sixers) can offer him his eligible max. Knowing all this, the Sixers held onto him past the deadline and by virtue of that rule, are discouraging teams from giving up anything of value for Okafor, essentially sitting him out a year.

Last edited:
That was not a game we should've lost, especially with the Little Ballers losing Blake. Free throws and turnovers are costing us far too many games. Nance returning is great, but Luke faces a logjam with Ingram, Kuzma, Randle, and Nance. That's far too many bigs to give minutes to, resulting in Kuzma playing only ~20 minutes tonight.

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
Donovan Mitchell looking legit with that 41 point night. Utah got a stud there who's overshadowed by the Jazz being from a small market and being the most boring team in the NBA that isn't a bottom 5 team. Throw in Kuzma/Simmons/Tatum looking better so far as rookies and he's getting no hype at all. This draft class is looking really solid though; no player as immediately dominant as a LeBron was or anything, but some really nice pieces who are already making some big contributions to teams.

Last edited:
hindsight is 20/20 tho. donovan iirc wasn't projected to go in the first round until his workouts prior to the draft, he wasn't even convinced he was ready for the nba until he worked out w/ pg and cp3 and they thought he was ready. nuggets didn't need a guard too because they already have a bunch with malik, mudiay, harris, barton, and murray

The Brooklyn Nets have acquired center Jahlil Okafor, guard Nik Stauskas and a 2019 second round draft pick from the Philadelphia 76ers in exchange for forward/center Trevor Booker. In a subsequent move, the Nets have requested waivers on guard Sean Kilpatrick.
Jahlil Okafor traded.

BRANDON WINGRAM

Love that he called for it but wasn't selfish when he saw Lonzo open, and just great awareness from Lonzo to kick it back out when he saw the defense collapse. What a win. See you in June, Sixers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)