Official NBA '17-18 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though they're still having trouble closing out games, I like the way the Lakers are playing so far much more compared to last year. I figured they would win 30-35 games this season, so here's to hoping it happens.
This. They're playing with so much energy and they're actually fun to watch at times. We expect the offense to be a bit stagnant and shots to not fall at times given our lack of vets (the only ones who get minutes are Lopez and Brewer). Our inexperience and lack of shooters has really shown in our losses, but I love the way we competed vs Washington. Wish Gortat and Wall would trash talk us before every game.

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
Its like GSW are allergic to the ball this season...
It's that and every team and their mother has a massive chip on their shoulder hearing all summer about how this Golden State roster is possibly the most talented team assembled in the history of the NBA. The Rockets, Grizzlies, and Pistons hustled their asses off in those GSW losses. Meanwhile Golden State doesn't have that same sense of urgency, since they feel (or know) that they can just turn it on later.

Adrian Wojnarowski said:
Philadelphia had been exploring trade possibilities with Jahlil Okafor until declining option today. He could still be moved this season.
Philly dangled him in trade talks, but couldn't get what they wanted in return. Knowing that a team that trades for him after they decline the team option cannot offer him more than a starting salary of $6,313,832 (the amount on the option) in July, they also know that his trade value will thus decrease because the teams that would potentially want him in July won't take the risk of him leaving for more money (max salary starting at 25% of the cap, or $25.25m if projection of $101m holds).

In other words, Philly are going to lose him for nothing because there's no way in hell he re-signs even if they want him back. Yet they still refuse to give him away for like, a late first rounder or a couple of second rounders? Or no team is willing to give up even that for Jahlil Okafor??

Realistically philly should have traded him last year when it was clear he wasn't in their future plans. I'm sure he would thrive in San Antonio who could utilize his archaic playstyle but his value has been decreasing for the last two years. I've always said Colangelo is overrated as fuck as a GM.

Philly shoulda at least attempted to develop him a bit. Okafor was hurt the most developmentally by the center logjam. If a good franchise invests time into him he can still be something. I thought the Hornets should have take a chance pre-Dwight because they could utilize and develop him into a younger Big Al.

Ingram's been quietly playing better and better each game. Nothing huge, but just shooting better and being active defensively. Hopefully he'll have a breakout second half of the season.

Suns youth movement wins again and the Cleveland Fightin' LeBrons are punished at home again. This season is getting interesting

Apparently Sixers turned down a buyout for Jahlil Okafor and are still looking to trade him. Jahlil wanted to get a buyout to join the Celtics, but the Sixers didn't want him going to a conference rival. Not sure what their asking price is, but still can't imagine too many teams giving up a lot for him since he could walk at the end of next season.

Video removed, what was it about?
Barkley saying "Clippers can win Spurs and Warriors this season yada yada yada"

And Cavs collecting their 4th straight loss. That's the Cavaliers' natural. A sorry ass team until pick LeBron. It was a poor franchise before him and will be after him.

To be fair, I think it's 22 vs Phoenix and 18 vs Warriors. Not sure the lead ever got that far (maybe around 10 max) vs the Lakers.
You're right, my psyche pushed the traumatic experience that was the Lakers game out of my memory.

Still, they should be 6-1 at worst right now and have nobody to blame but themselves.

Another good game from Ingram, Kuzma, and Lopez. What a steal Kuzma is at 27th overall. He's got moves upon moves and while not super athletic, appears to blow by defenders with ease. Apparently the Lakers have played the toughest schedule thus far as well (before the Brooklyn game), and only really got blown out in two of them (LAC and Utah), so that's really encouraging to see. We also have the same record as Cleveland, Milwaukee, and New Orleans, as well as being half a game behind OKC and a game behind San Antonio.

Another good game from Ingram, Kuzma, and Lopez. What a steal Kuzma is at 27th overall. He's got moves upon moves and while not super athletic, appears to blow by defenders with ease. Apparently the Lakers have played the toughest schedule thus far as well (before the Brooklyn game), and only really got blown out in two of them (LAC and Utah), so that's really encouraging to see. We also have the same record as Cleveland, Milwaukee, and New Orleans, as well as being half a game behind OKC and a game behind San Antonio.
And if I recall correctly, the Utah game was relatively close until partway through the fourth quarter too.

Lopez is the first good vet post-Kobe. Also, it makes me super happy how often the Lakers overall drive to the basket; I was worried during the pre-season that they would turn into another unentertaining three-point chucking meme.

And if I recall correctly, the Utah game was relatively close until partway through the fourth quarter too.

Lopez is the first good vet post-Kobe. Also, it makes me super happy how often the Lakers overall drive to the basket; I was worried during the pre-season that they would turn into another unentertaining three-point chucking meme.
Ingram's midrange game is really on-point as well. Like you, earlier on I was worried he'd shoot a lot of 3s as well, but it seems like he has more composure and knows his range hasn't stretched out there yet. And even though Lonzo had two bad box score games, he had game-highs of +10 and +22 vs Portland and Brooklyn.

I wouldn't believe you if I were a casual fan and you told me Kyle Kuzma is a rookie.

Love how Ingram has learned this offseason how to better use his body offensively and defensively. 7 makes at the rim in the first half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)