Official NBA 15-16' Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Apparently there are rumors of cabs trading love for the 3rd pick, not sure how legit they are

That won't happen; those rumors are long gone - The Celtics are in a weird position, I think they're overvaluing their assets since they've been rejected for Butler, Hayward, Jabari and Middleton (apparently). The #3 spot in the draft makes it more weird because it's like who are they going to draft? We already know what other teams are most likely to draft in the top 10 if the player is available to them, but the Celtics are such in a weird spot - it's like what do they need the most? A consistent 3 pt shooter with Hield or Murray? A legit PG with Kris Dunn? Mayb a front court upgrade with Bender or someone else? (although I dislike that pick) The win-now window for the Celtics with the rise of IT and the gang is putting them in such a weird spot since they're trying to contend for a championship quickly

My Sixers are about to get Ben Simmons and Kris Dunn and start the next NBA dynasty

#trusttheprocess
Maybe if they had Iverson, Malone, and Barkley in their primes. But with Simmons and Dunn? LOL
Anyway, the Pacers get Jeff Teague :] FINALLY WE MADE A MOVE ON A GOOD PLAYER! In my book, he's a huge improvement over Hill and is pretty good defensively. While I wish we would have kept Hill and slid him to SG and move Monta Ellis, I like Teague a lot so I don't mind. Teague is to me like a consolation prize compared to getting Mike Conley.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I know that Simmons is going to the sixers first overall, but what do you guys think is the best option for them? I personally think that Ingram is the best choice since no one on that team can shoot a lick bar maybe one or two players, but that's just me obviously.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
why can't the Lakers enjoy a rebuild once in a while lol

E: also the sixers are shopping their big man for early draft picks and proven backcourt/wing players

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
Half an hour left until the draft! Celtics are still shopping their pick, so look for trades there, talks are still going on with Philadelphia apparently. Simmons and Ingram are pretty much locks for the first 2 picks as well.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
I hope durant leaves for celts this season and Westbrook leaves for lakers next season ngl

Guess OKC should have kept Harden and let Ibaka go years ago eh? Fuck Clay Bennet and whoever else owns the zombie sonics. Hoping to see OKC go to shit if Durant leaves. A stolen franchise doesn't deserve to be perennial winners.
I assume you also saw this?
Anyway, I love what the Pacers are doing. They're getting faster and taking advantage of PG13's prime. Thad Young was a steal for what we gave up to get him and I love that we got Teague as well. Wish we could have kept Hill and slid him over to SG and move Ellis but I'm still liking what Bird's doing.

its the next day, an di still can't believe that okc got away with robbery; it's still on my mindblowing to me how ORL traded a good pick + 2 good players for a guy on his contract yr and is somewhat declining (bpg lowering each yr.) ...

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
yeah I think Ibaka's decline has a lot to do with how the Thunder's been using him but that was still a pretty bad trade for Orlando ngl

I think it was a really bad trade for Orlando but at the same time I don't think it was that great for OKC either. The trade means that Kanter has to move into the starting lineup, and Kanter might be one of the worst defensive big men in the game. This means that Steven Adams has to be the sole rim protector for the Thunder, and while he was pretty good at defense last year, he had a good defender in Ibaka next to him to shore up some weaknesses. He won't have anything like that with Kanter with him. Kanter was a scoring demon last year, but he did a majority of it against bench players last year so it'll be interesting to see if he can dominate starters like he did bench players.

I also don't think that Oladipo will even start for the Thunder but instead play a Reggie Jackson/James Harden/Dion Waiters type of role. Reasoning for this being that OKC would have literally NO scoring options for when they go to the bench. Roberson / Payne / Morrow / Singler bench? I'm not sure that 6th man Oladipo is worth the lack of Waiters and Ibaka. I may be a bit biased since I've never really liked Oladipo's game in the first place, but it seems like the real prize with be Sabonis. I'm picturing this trade just like the Harden to the Rockets trade years ago. Jeremy Lamb is like Oladipo in that he was expected to be huge, but Sabonis will be like Adams and will be the real value.

For the Magic I can see their thought process. They straight up had too many shooting guards while also having a PG that can't shoot. The worst SG shooter that they had was Oladipo, so they just shipped off him. I agree with them in the sense that Oladipo was probably the worst of Fournier / Hezonja / Oladipo so he should be the first to go, but I don't think they accurately valued the 11th pick highly enough. In my opinion, Oladipo / Ilyasova should have been enough value to get a 1 year Ibaka and they ripped themselves off by including the pick.

Bad trade for both teams (OKC gets worse in the present by adding Oladipo while dropping Waiters and Ibaka / ORL just kinda pulls a treadmill team trade).

I agree with them in the sense that Oladipo was probably the worst of Fournier / Hezonja / Oladipo
what

Yeah Oladipo may be a mediocre perimeter scorer, but teams still have to respect him driving and neither of those other two hold a candle to Oladipo defensively. You may not be high on him, but don't be ridiculous and say Oladipo is the worst of those three (even if the jury is still out on Hezonja).

And the Thunder don't have to start Kanter, they still got Ilyasova who's a natural PF. Although he isn't much better than Kanter defensively, if at all. But if we're being real Ibaka was always an overrated defender just because he was a league leader in blocks every year.

what

Yeah Oladipo may be a mediocre perimeter scorer, but teams still have to respect him driving and neither of those other two hold a candle to Oladipo defensively. You may not be high on him, but don't be ridiculous and say Oladipo is the worst of those three (even if the jury is still out on Hezonja).

And the Thunder don't have to start Kanter, they still got Ilyasova who's a natural PF. Although he isn't much better than Kanter defensively, if at all. But if we're being real Ibaka was always an overrated defender just because he was a league leader in blocks every year.
I don't think that driving is the key attribute that Orlando is looking for in their SG, especially considering Payton is only a slasher at this point in his career, and the other 2 big pieces for them in Gordon and Vucevic are both also interior players. I don't think that you can debate that the Magic would much rather have a shooter that opens up the floor, and Fournier is a far superior player in those situations. You may have a point in Hezonja considering how few minutes he played last year and how he was fairly mediocre in the minutes he played, but his rookie year was projected to be pretty bad to begin with. His athletic ability and shooting make him seem to be a very high ceiling player, especially with his age.

I don't think you or I have watched many if any Magic games last season, but I did look around a few Magic forums to see what their fans had to say about Oladipo. Aside from the obvious offensive flaws, many have said that he is also a very overhyped defender that gets by more on his athleticism than actual defensive positioning.

I agree that Ibaka is also a overrated defender, especially that year when he had some ridiculous amount of blocks (like 3 per game), but there is no doubting that he made Adams better defensively. There will be an extremely noticeable difference in Adams' defense this upcoming year when he has to overcommit to helping a missed rotation that Ilyasova or Kanter will inevitably provide.

Okay in that case of Oladipo being the worst fit for Orlando's offensive scheme, sure, I can buy that.

I think if KD stays Oladipo is almost certainly coming off the bench. He'd be a damn good sixth man, but it's kind of unfortunate that if he's starting often times he would be option 3a/b (KD, Russ, Kanter) for scoring. In that instance he's nothing more than a glorified Roberson. But I'm really stoked to see what we'll end up with in Sabonis.

I don't think Oladipo is a good 6th man; Scott Skiles tried to put him in that 6th man role last yr for a few games and it didn't turn out well. He was highly inconsistent. As for Oladipo's game; I don't know why people don't like his game, he's a really solid defender - can stay in front of his man and is a good shot-blocker for a guard; he's also improved his jumpshot by a lot, extending it to the 3 as well and was mostly consistent to end the season as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)