Official NBA 15-16' Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't had any real time to be on smogon as of late but had to get on to give my props to Bron and the cavs for this championship. I picked them reluctantly simply because everyone else here was picking GSW and when the cavs were down 1-3 I gave up on them, man was I wrong and glad I was. Say what you want about the warriors being banged up but I'm sure Cleveland doesn't want to hear it after last season, nor bitch fit about Draymond when he put himself on that tight leash after his fuckery with Adams, the refs didn't win or lose this game 7 IN Oracle, this was won fair and square by the cavs with some iconic moments late in-game(Bron block on iggy, Kyrie iso three over Steph, etc..). Witnessed history and couldn't be happier for Bron, even though they lost I still have much respect for GSW and if Bron remains in Cleveland..we have some Lakers and Celtics kinda shit in the making for our generation. Well I'm going back to getting shit faced and overdoing it on the pizza, congrats to both teams and thanks for proving me wrong Bron.

Congrats to Lebron for avoiding the perma-losing finals record. Seriously tho, thy man played his fucking ass off. I would have like to see GS re-up but James and Irving seriously earned it.

Btw fuck Kevin Love and Dahngay Jones

Even though I expected GS to win, after what happened in their series against OKC, I can't say I was surprised.

The only thing I really hate about the Cavs winning is that my Cleveland friend really won't shut up about it now, especially after all the shittalking he's been doing. Dude's the biggest homer I've ever seen...damn you Steph, why couldn't your overhyped ass just turn up for one game?

Honestly though..I truly thought Lebron was just too worn down to do what he did. Just seeing the difference over the years, I doubted the hell out of him and figured his body couldn't do the magic and dominate. So glad I was wrong. Kind of miss his ridiculously explosive old Cavs days.

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
By the way, holy shit JR you almost made me cry with your damn press conference ;(
He made me cry by pouring an entire bottle of champagne on that woman in the night club. What a waste!

In other news, yesterday was a good day to be a Sixers fan. We pretty much confirmed that we're getting Ben Simmons, Joel Embiid was cleared to scrimmage, and there was talk of the team trading other draft picks to get a spot in the top eight of this year's draft. I'm really hyped for that, because I think it would be awesome if we got someone like Kris Dunn. We desperately need a good guard and I'd be happy to have him.

He made me cry by pouring an entire bottle of champagne on that woman in the night club. What a waste!

In other news, yesterday was a good day to be a Sixers fan. We pretty much confirmed that we're getting Ben Simmons, Joel Embiid was cleared to scrimmage, and there was talk of the team trading other draft picks to get a spot in the top eight of this year's draft. I'm really hyped for that, because I think it would be awesome if we got someone like Kris Dunn. We desperately need a good guard and I'd be happy to have him.
Honestly, I see Ben Simmons being another Anthony Bennett. Absolute baller in college but nothing but a flop in the NBA. His game just doesn't scream to me as a pro in the NBA.
Brandon Ingram on the other hand, is built an awful lot like Kevin Durant and has the same playing style.

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
While the initial wtf has been wearing off on me, I still think that rolo was a serviceable starting center especially for what he was making, which was around 14-15 mil per year for 4 years. Although I could give less than two shits about calderon and grant, I am really concerned that Rose + Melo's ball dominance will hinder Porzingis' growth this upcoming season. I could be wrong and eat crow, but this isn't particularly a very good look if Rose doesn't change his game for the better.

Bulls get them another fucking center.

Although this all but guarantees one or both of Gasol and Noah arent resigning.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Noah already said he wasn't resigning and Teague is officially headed to Indiana and George hill to Utah

i don't understand why some people hate this derrick rose trade or says it means nothing; surely you gave up a decent center at rolo but drose is in his contract year and playing in the biggest stage of the NBA; he has to play well right now if he wants that money and continue his career. Plus; Jeff Hornacek has his way with athletic point guards - eric bledsoe; althrough he did get INJ :/

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Yeah I sure as hell hope I'm wrong and I'm just your typical hater Knicks fan, but DRose seems adamant on chucking up shots at an inefficient rate while still believing that he has a chance to return to 2011 MVP form. I just don't see it happening, and that 'me over the team' mentality especially in a contract year might just sour the team chemistry. I suppose DRose's carcass is still a substantial upgrade over lolderon and grant, though that really isn't saying much.

Good luck to the Bulls tryna rock our last year's killer pg rotation. Also, Justin Holiday will be the steal of this trade. book it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)