Ursaring @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Quick Feet
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Facade
- Earthquake
- Crunch

Requesting a bulky offense team around Ursaring. It hits 343 speed with Quick Feet and bangs things. Its also bulkier than zangoose and can actually hit garbodor without losing half its health which is cool.

erisia

Innovative new design!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
^ btw I forgot to mention this last night but you probably should run baton pass over heal bell on musharna since a slow pivot makes Sandslash's job of spinning a LOT easier imo.

Offensive Claydol
Requested by erisia
Built by yours truly

Aggron @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 204 SpD / 36 Spe
Impish Nature
- Head Smash
- Heavy Slam
- Stealth Rock
- Metal Burst

Claydol @ Expert Belt
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Earth Power
- Rapid Spin
- Shadow Ball

Tauros (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Iron Tail / Pursuit
- Rock Climb
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

Lanturn @ Assault Vest
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SpA / 96 SpD / 160 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Scyther @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aerial Ace
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Bug Bite

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def / 52 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Gunk Shot
- Seed Bomb

Here's a pretty cool build I made with Claydol before my computer broke. Nothing too special for the most part. Normal type + Spikes is a tried and true method for free wins and Tauros especially appreciates the hazard support due to its insanely good movepool making hard to check from a defensive standpoint. I opted to run Iron Tail on tauros since the team is pretty squishy versus piloswine and the more ways you have to whittle it down the better. Pursuit is another option just because trapping is broken. Next I used defensive Aggron since it pairs pretty well with Claydol and it's a rocker that Xatu really doesnt appreciate trying to switch in on. Metal Burst is also a cool niche aggron has that can let it punish weaker physical attacks pretty well. Shuca Berry lets me check opposing Tauros and potentially get off a strong attack with Metal Burst. The 16 defense ev's hits a jump point and the investment in sp def and hp lets me check swellow pretty well. Nothing else about the team really stands out, Scarf Scyther is nice for some extra speed control and is a solid cleaner once spike damage starts racking up while Av lanturn is a fire resist that beats gastrodon which was looking somewhat annoying. Standard pivot Garb rounds out the team as a nice fighting check and back up normal check.

Replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nu-370916777 - In this game I had Banded Scyther but I've been finding Scarf more consistent on this build since, still might be worth trying if you dont consider the extra speed that important.
Hi Shadowtags, I meant to get back to you a while ago about this team. I used it for a while and I have to be honest, I couldn't really get it to work for me at first. I switched to Band Scyther pretty early on as the extra power seemed more useful in the Volt-Turn core between Scyther and Lanturn, and Garbodor did a good job, but I didn't find the Aggron set very consistent. In fact, when I used Metal Burst against a Tauros, it didn't do enough damage to KO thanks to the Shuca berry and it ended up cleaning through my team regardless (probably why Scarf Scyther is a good idea). I switched it to an offensive three-attacks set with Stealth Rock and Shuca Berry and it did much better in combination with Band Scyther. After these changes I had more luck with it, and it really helped me learn how good both Tauros and Stealth Rock Aggron are in this metagame; Claydol did a good job and wasn't too pressured to spin which meant it could show off its coverage more often, which was nice. Overall this was a slow burner but I ended up really enjoying it. :)

Rapture

I got so much time today
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hi Shadowtags, I meant to get back to you a while ago about this team. I used it for a while and I have to be honest, I couldn't really get it to work for me at first. I switched to Band Scyther pretty early on as the extra power seemed more useful in the Volt-Turn core between Scyther and Lanturn, and Garbodor did a good job, but I didn't find the Aggron set very consistent. In fact, when I used Metal Burst against a Tauros, it didn't do enough damage to KO thanks to the Shuca berry and it ended up cleaning through my team regardless (probably why Scarf Scyther is a good idea). I switched it to an offensive three-attacks set with Stealth Rock and Shuca Berry and it did much better in combination with Band Scyther. After these changes I had more luck with it, and it really helped me learn how good both Tauros and Stealth Rock Aggron are in this metagame; Claydol did a good job and wasn't too pressured to spin which meant it could show off its coverage more often, which was nice. Overall this was a slow burner but I ended up really enjoying it. :)
Yeah now that I think about it, i'll probs edit the offensive rocks set in. Defensive aggron is a cute set but after a while it ended up not being as amazing. Main reason I like rocks aggron is its pretty much guaranteed hazards versus teams that rely on xatu (No one sane is switching into a possible head smash). in any case, glad you enjoyed the team n_n

Shadestep

volition immanent
Quick Feet Ursaring
Requested by: Adaire
Made by: Shadestep

Ursaring @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Quick Feet
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Facade
- Earthquake
- Crunch

Weezing @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 92 Def / 164 Spe
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Sludge Bomb
- Taunt
- Toxic Spikes

Magmortar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Vital Spirit
EVs: 56 HP / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Rhydon @ Eviolite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 104 Def / 136 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Swords Dance

Lilligant @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Healing Wish

Floatzel @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

Hi Adaire! Here is your (Bulky) Offensive Ursaring team. I started off with an Ursaring + AV Magmortar, as they help eachother break down their checks, like Rhydon, Regirock and Lanturn. As these Pokemon didn't really give much defensive synergy, so I added a Weezing to the team as it gave a nice pivot into most Physical attackers and something for AV Hitmonchan. I added mixed defensive Rhydon next, as it gave me a blanket check to Fire-types, Stealth Rock, and something to OHKO lead Archeops + Swellow. The EV spread is a little specific, but it's a very cool spread that allows it to better check Tauros and Kangaskhan while still also being able to switch in to Swellow. Lilligant + Floatzel were added next to help apply offensive pressure as well as being able to deal with a lot of things the team was currently weak to. I decided on Scarf Lilligant with HW as it supported Rhydon and AV Magmortar quite well and could help the team out in a pinch. Aside from that, Lilligant and Floatzel are both heavy special hard hitters and help eachother deal with checks and counters. I tested it out on the ladder for a bit and Ursaring did better than I thought it would do, and it's definitely a cool and fun Pokemon to use. I hope you enjoy the team and if you have any more questions regarding sets or why I chose what Pokemon, feel free to ask!

Mac3

im reminded theres no finer place to kiss
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
As I suck at team building, I would really love it if someone could build me a team based around a cool idea that can put a lot of pressure on offensive team which is Omastar + Barbaracle. They have similar typings so they would be able to break each others walls pretty nicely.

Omastar @ White Herb
Ability: Shell Armor
Modest Nature
- Surf
- Shell Smash
- Ice Beam
- Ancient Power

Barbaracle @ White Herb
Ability: Tough Claws
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Razor Shell
- Stone Edge
- Shell Smash

Sorry I couldn't add pics of the mons, haven't learned how to do that yet XD

I'd say Earth Power over Anciet Power so you can smack Lanturn harder
As I suck at team building, I would really love it if someone could build me a team based around a cool idea that can put a lot of pressure on offensive team which is Omastar + Barbaracle. They have similar typings so they would be able to break each others walls pretty nicely.

Omastar @ White Herb
Ability: Shell Armor
Modest Nature
- Surf
- Shell Smash
- Ice Beam
- Ancient Power

Barbaracle @ White Herb
Ability: Tough Claws
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Razor Shell
- Stone Edge
- Shell Smash

Sorry I couldn't add pics of the mons, haven't learned how to do that yet XD

Golurk @ Choice Band
Ability: Iron Fist
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Shadow Punch
- Ice Punch
- Zen Headbutt

Tauros @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Naive Nature
- Body Slam
- Fire Blast
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake

This just seems like such a potent combo, putting in work versus different playstyles and covering the majority of the meta. Breaking each other's checks and having good type synergy is nice, too.

Last edited:

Rapture

I got so much time today
rozes sends his regards from team west

Electivire
Requested by Watchog
Built by rozes

Electivire @ Life Orb
Ability: Motor Drive
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Scyther @ Eviolite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Aerial Ace
- U-turn
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Regirock @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Atk / 16 Def / 56 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Thunder Wave
- Earthquake

Poliwrath @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 96 HP / 252 SpA / 160 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam
- Vacuum Wave

Skuntank @ Shuca Berry
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Defog

Jynx @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Dry Skin
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Trick

Hi, here's a bulky offense team with Electivire. Pretty simple concept overall, mixed e-vire is great at pressuring more balanced builds and weakening them so that bulky sd Scyther or scarf Jynx can finish the job. Regirock, Skuntank, and Poliwrath form a sturdy defensive backbone and compliment Scyther pretty well. Finally, like I mentioned before, scarf Jynx makes for a great cleaner and helps to improve the offense matchup. Trick is a sick way to cripple one of its checks and can be useful if you don't find the scarf useful during a game. Hope you enjoy the team!

Hello, I'm a completely new player to NU so I can't teambuild very well. If you can give me a team, that isn't very weak to bulky Psychics or rain, that would be really cool :) SD Combusken is a mon that really interests me.

EDIT: balance / bulky offense is my main preferred playstyle, so if you guys can do that, it'd be amazing

Combusken @ Eviolite
Ability: Speed Boost
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Low Kick
- Protect

Last edited:
hey could I get something built around np shiftry? It ohko's weezing and garbodor at +2 which are what ppl normally rely on to beat p much every shift so it must be good! something like dpulse/grass stab/np/hurricane or sucker w/ a +spatt nature :o

evan edit: use this set

Shiftry @ Life Orb
EVs: 80 Atk / 240 SpA / 188 Spe
Rash Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Dark Pulse
- Sucker Punch

Last edited by a moderator:

Rapture

I got so much time today
Made this a few days ago for Winter's, enjoy.

Specs Rotom
Requested by Winter's Howl
Built by dat boi

UNKNOWN DEATH (Rotom) @ Choice Specs
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Shadow Ball
- Trick

Trendsetter (Torterra) @ Leftovers
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Atk / 172 Def
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Synthesis

火野 レイ (Tauros) @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Rock Climb
- Earthquake
- Zen Headbutt
- Fire Blast

Solarflare (Magmortar) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 64 HP / 252 SpA / 192 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Flame Charge

Black Coast (Weezing) @ Black Sludge
EVs: 240 HP / 160 Def / 108 Spe
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Sludge Bomb
- Taunt
- Pain Split

Steve (Mantine) @ Wacan Berry
EVs: 232 HP / 240 Def / 16 SpD / 20 Spe
Calm Nature
- Mirror Coat
- Defog
- Scald
- Toxic

SO yeah, this team revolves around breaking teams with specs Rotom so that one of Magmortar or Tauros can clean. Specs is a cool item on rotom because the damage output can really catch a lot of its defensive checks off guard. Torterra is our rocker of choice for it ability to stand up to Aggron and pursuit trappers like Skuntank and Pawniard I guess. I opted to invest more bulk on torterra just so it can handle physical attackers slightly better alongside Weezing. Tauros and Magmortar make for one hell of an offensive core since they can take advantage of each others switch-ins rather easily such as Magmortar having an easy time versus ghost types that threaten Tauros and Magmortar being able to bust through most normal checks like Steelix and Rhydon. Standard movesets on both, there's merit in running iron tail as a last on Tauros if you want to lure things like Regirock for Magmortar. Flame Charge was chosen as the last move on Magmortar just to make winning with it last game easier. Stallbreaker Weezing gives me a form of hazard prevention for Magmortar and also a fighting check + ground immunity. T-spikes on weezing + Hex on rotom can make for a cool combo but I don't think it works well on this particular team. Finally my last is a cool lure Mantine set. Gives me a way to remove hazards, check water types, and take advantage of all the lanturn running around with Mirror coat + Wacan berry.

Here some replays to understand how the team plays
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-nu-167452
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nu-385103422

Seeing as how I am completely clueless about much of NU ( and probably suck at battling lol), could someone build around Standard Zangoose for me please?

Zangoose @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Toxic Boost
Adamant Nature
- Facade
- Knock Off
- Close Combat
- Quick Attack

Rapture

I got so much time today
Banded Golurk + Tauros
Requested by Drangonn.
Built by me

Golurk @ Choice Band
Ability: Iron Fist
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Shadow Punch
- Ice Punch
- Stone Edge

Tauros @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Rock Climb
- Fire Blast
- Pursuit
- Earthquake

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Impish Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Spikes
- Gunk Shot
- Seed Bomb

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Signal Beam
- Ice Beam
- Healing Wish

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 148 Def / 112 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Hariyama @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 180 SpD / 76 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake

Howdy, here's a sick offense I made with band golurk and tauros. I ended up tweaking the sets a bit just for consistency. Also made Golurk jolly since outpacing everything 55 and lower is pretty important right now imo. Paired the two up with standard garbodor to provide extra chip damage to the opposing team via spikes, also makes for a handy check to fighting types. Next I used colbur berry offensive Mesprit as a back up fighting check, a ground immunity, and a decently powerful wallbreaker. Healing wish support is nice for offensive teams like this as well. Decided to go with ferroseed as my rocker since i was looking hella weak to offensive waters at this point and I need something besides garb to sponge normal attacks. Finally I went with Av guts yama as a cute way to lure ghost types for tauros and still check fire types if need be. That being said, the team is squishy versus offensive fire types if yama gets weak so play conservative with mesprit and don't be afraid to pursuit with Tauros to get damage off. hope you enjoy!

Shadestep

volition immanent
SD Combusken
Requested by: TrulyDevious

Combusken @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Low Kick
- Protect

Xatu (F) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 HP / 152 Def / 108 Spe
Bold Nature
- Psychic
- Heat Wave
- Roost
- U-turn

Rhydon @ Eviolite
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Megahorn

Magmortar (M) @ Assault Vest
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Earthquake

Rotom @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Trick

Shiftry @ Life Orb
Lonely Nature
- Knock Off
- Leaf Storm
- Sucker Punch
- Defog

Hey TrulyDevious! I really liked your request and decided to give it a try! I started off with Combusken + Xatu as Xatu offers a response to physically dfensive poison types like Garbodor and Weezing, which SD Combusken struggles with. Rhydon is a decent Electric immune Pokemon as well as a fire resist and my SR user. While Combusken has a cool defensive typing (resisting fire, lilligant check, etc), I didn't want to put pressure on it to check stuff, as it's supposed to be busy trying to set up SDs. The team was looking a tad slow, and Scarf Rotom gave me a way to punish stall with Trick, and check a lot of threats while also having a spinblocker! Mixed Shiftry with Defog was an amazing last mon as it gave the team a much needed Water resist and also a Psychic immunity! It also provided the team with extra hazard removal which is always nice!

If you have any questions regarding the team, EVs, move picks or whatever feel free to ask me and enjoy your team!

SD Combusken

Combusken @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Low Kick
- Protect

Xatu (F) @ Rocky Helmet
Bold Nature
- Psychic
- Heat Wave
- Roost
- U-turn

Rhydon @ Eviolite
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Megahorn

Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Earthquake

Rotom @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Trick

Shiftry @ Life Orb
Lonely Nature
- Knock Off
- Leaf Storm
- Sucker Punch
- Defog

Hey TrulyDevious! I really liked your request and decided to give it a try! I started off with Combusken + Xatu as Xatu offers a response to physically dfensive poison types like Garbodor and Weezing, which SD Combusken struggles with. Rhydon is a decent Electric immune Pokemon as well as a fire resist and my SR user. While Combusken has a cool defensive typing (resisting fire, lilligant check, etc), I didn't want to put pressure on it to check stuff, as it's supposed to be busy trying to set up SDs. The team was looking a tad slow, and Scarf Rotom gave me a way to punish stall with Trick, and check a lot of threats while also having a spinblocker! Mixed Shiftry with Defog was an amazing last mon as it gave the team a much needed Water resist and also a Psychic immunity! It also provided the team with extra hazard removal which is always nice!

If you have any questions regarding the team, EVs, move picks or whatever feel free to ask me and enjoy your team!
If I may ask, what does Magmortar contribute to the team?

Shadestep

volition immanent
I had Pyroar over Magmortar first, but after some testing I found Magmortar to be a better fit on the team as it provided the team with a Lilligant check, safer Rotom switch-in and most importantly; it helps Combusken sweep teams who only use Lanturn as their fire resist easier, as 2 Earthquake's from Magmortar are usually enough for Combusken to plow through it.

edit @ below: the speed is to outpace Adamant Hitmonchan idk what you'd achieve with more speed really.
Rhydon EVs are customized to better take Tauros' Iron Tail while still being able to live Fire Blast + HP Grass from Magmortar, and being able to take Swellow Boomburst relatively well too.

Last edited:
I have two questions about that team: couldn't you run 4 speed EVs less on Xatu and accomplish the same thing? And are the Def EVs on Rhydon to help you deal with Tauros, or what are they supposed to do?

Hi! Can I possibly get a team with these?

Piloswine @ Eviolite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 220 HP / 252 Atk / 36 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard

Pyroar @ Life Orb
Ability: Unnerve
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hyper Voice
- Hidden Power Grass
- Will-O-Wisp

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 244 Def / 12 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Toxic
- Recover

Piloswine sets rocks whilst the other too have cool synergy. Gastrodon appreciates Will-o-wisp and fire support for those grass types and pyroar gets a water switch in.

Jisoo

two slow dancers last ones out
is a Pre-Contributoris a defending SPL Champion
hi, many of you might know me as the frillish addict
can i has frillish teamz

Frillish @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Night Shade
- Recover

Playstyle Preferred: Stall (D:)
thanks in advance
-silver aurum fan

SD Combusken

Combusken @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Low Kick
- Protect

Xatu (F) @ Rocky Helmet
Bold Nature
- Psychic
- Heat Wave
- Roost
- U-turn

Rhydon @ Eviolite
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Megahorn

Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Earthquake

Rotom @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Trick

Shiftry @ Life Orb
Lonely Nature
- Knock Off
- Leaf Storm
- Sucker Punch
- Defog

Shadestep I've tested out that team a bit, and I'm having some problems. This team has trouble beating fast offensive Water types like Kabutops or Kingler. Most of the time I have to sack a mon just to get Rotom out. It also autoloses to rain teams, because my only Water resist is incredibly frail. Offensive variants of Dark types such as Skuntank and Liepard are also hard to switch into, since the former has good coverage, and the latter neutralizes Combusken with TWave and Encore.

Shadestep

volition immanent
hi there TrulyDevious ! The points you make are fair, but I don't agree with all of them. The lack of a solid Water-resist is indeed a problem, but can be played around with by +Atk Shiftry and Scarf Rotom, and some tactical loop switching. This team might not be the best on the ladder now since everybody and their mother is spamming Rain, but it shouldn't be that big of a problem outside of the suspect ladder. I don't really see the problem with offensive Dark-types, however, since Eviolite Combusken does a good job at beating them (especially Special Skunk) and there is also a mixed defensive Rhydon on the team, which 100% walls physical and mixed Skuntank, as well as physical Liepard.

However, since you didn't really seem to like the team I made for you, I decided to make a new one for you that might be a bit more to your liking; easier to use, has a better answer to rain, but still aims to give Combusken a clear path to sweeping.

SD Combusken

Combusken @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Low Kick
- Protect

Xatu (F) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 200 Def / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
- Psyshock
- Heat Wave
- Roost
- U-turn

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 244 Def / 12 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Toxic
- Recover

Pyroar (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Unnerve
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hyper Voice
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Overheat

Rotom @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Signal Beam

Regirock @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Def / 244 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Rock Slide
- Counter

Ok so I started off with the same Busken + Xatu core as on the first version, as it's obviously a great partner for Combusken. next I added something that could take on water types like Floatzel and Samurott lacking HP Grass, while also being a more reliable Rhydon switch-in than having to predict between either Stone Edge or Earthquake with my other Pokemon. I opted for a more physically defensive spread to take on Tauros and Kangaskhan better. I added Pyroar next as a mon that could overload Lanturn and Mantine so that Combusken has an easier time sweeping lategame, as Lanturn and Mantine obviously wall it. I needed a more solid switch-in to Steelix and other SR users, and Rotom seemed like a great fit. Signal Beam > Pain Split is for Malamar (duh), as it's a big problem to the team! Lastly, I added a Regirock as a glue, mostly fixing the lack of a real Normal-resist, as well as a blanket check to most fire-types. I had a Rhydon here first, but found Regirock to be more effective at being a Normal-check, as well as it being able to lure in things like AV Hitmonchan and OHKO it with Counter.

Anyways, I hope you like this team more than the previous one. Enjoy!

Blast

Member of the Alien Nation
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Team dump incoming~

Chicken Pass
Requested by: Take Azelfie
Built by: me

http://hastebin.com/piribeveli.md

Hey Take Azelfie, sorry no one took your request earlier especially now that we're halfway through a suspect but I have a chicken pass team. The first three members are pretty self-explanatory with Combusken spreading burns and passing Speed to its teammates, while Xatu and Malamar are generally the most reliable recipients (the Speed on Malamar outspeeds Swellow at +2). I paired the core up with special Samurott, which is not only a terrifying Speed pass recipient on its own but also helps deal with stuff like RP Rhydon, which can be major trouble if it sets up. Grass Knot > Megahorn helps deal with Gastrodon which can be annoying if it runs Clear Smog. SD Shiftry adds some more priority to the team and another soft Water resist. Lastly, Rhydon provides a Normal resist, Stealth Rock, and everything else that Rhydon does. SD was chosen over Megahorn because between Samurott's Hydro Pump and Xatu's Signal Beam, I felt I had enough ways to pressure Malamar, and SD allows me to pressure defensive Mega Audino. The EV spread is designed to outspeed Tauros at +2 Speed and give enough bulk to live 3 Swellow Boombursts after a layer of Spikes.

NP Shiftry
Requested by: TTFTW
Built by: myself
[
/
]

V1: http://hastebin.com/lifeqomati.md
V2: http://hastebin.com/ufapuhecal.md

NP Shiftry is a cool set and fun to build with. I went with Hurricane over Dark Pulse to hit Skuntank and Hariyama significantly harder, while the EV spread outspeeds max Speed Skunk and provides enough Attack to kill Charizard after SR with the rest dumped into SpA. The first thing I had in mind to pair Shiftry up with was Haunter, which both work great at luring in and breaking down each other's checks for the other to wreak havoc. I went with the SubSplit set because it has an easier time sweeping than Wisp + Destiny Bond, though the latter probably works fine. Next up, Scarf Barbaracle provides Speed as well as a soft Normal and Flying resist, which works well in keeping up pressure against more fast-paced offensive teams. Garbodor provides Spikes support as well as numerous useful resistances, especially Fighting and Grass. I went with special Garbodor with Focus Blast and Thunderbolt to bait annoying Pokemon like Mantine and Steelix.

As for the last two slots, I tried out two different versions and couldn't decide which one I liked better, so I figured I'd just leave both of them here. The first version uses bulky Yache Berry Golurk and offensive Shuca Berry Lanturn, while the second version uses bulky Rotom and SR Clefairy. I think v2 covers the meta a bit more soundly while v1 can keep up offensive momentum better, so just see which one you prefer in practice.

Zangoose
Requested by: Charles A. Theist
Built by: I

http://hastebin.com/yajomisalo.md

Normal spam is pretty much a no-brainer when it comes to building around Zangoose. Normal-types are already really powerful in NU on their own, and when stacked together they become even harder to deal with. I originally paired it up with Swellow, but I switched it to Iron Tail Tauros because I didn't have many ways to break Mega Audino. I then went with Xatu as a Fighting resist and to deal with Garbodor, which is pretty annoying for both Normals (Zangoose especially). The set is standard pivot with Grass Knot to prevent Barbaracle and Rhydon from setting up. Next up, Hitmonchan synergizes well with dual Normal-types because it can threaten them with Drain Punch or revenge kill with Mach Punch if they're low enough. I decided against running Rapid Spin because I already have Xatu and my team members aren't /too/ weak to hazards to begin with. Instead, I went with Stone Edge in the last slot which is great for baiting typical switchins like Scyther, Charizard, Pelipper, etc. Defensive Mawile provides both a Normal resist and momentum with Baton Pass, which works especially well in activating Zangoose's Toxic Orb. Lastly, AV Lanturn provides a Fire, Water, and Electric switchin while keeping up the VoltTurn theme. Whirlpool helps trap other Lanturns while HP Grass hits Gastrodon.

Mac3

im reminded theres no finer place to kiss
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I would like a Water Spam built around Samurott and Floatzel. Samurott would break down walls for Floatzel then too sweep the rest of the team. I would like it to be Hyper Offensive or Hazard Stack.

Samurott @ Life Orb
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Megahorn
- Aqua Jet

Floatzel @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Baton Pass

yet again i haven't figured out how to post pics of the mons, if someone could tell me i would be really grateful
(mac)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)