Absol @ Life Orb
Ability: Super Luck
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Play Rough
- Swords Dance

I'd like to request a team built around SD Absol, I've been wanting to test out a team around him for a while now as I've been interested as to how it'd compare to other darks likes Drapion and Sneasel, but I've been struggling to make something I'm comfortable with/feel is actually a quality team. Team structure I prefer is Bulky Offense but something like Webs Offense or other forms of HO are fine too. Feel free to adjust coverage as necessary. Thanks in advance! :]

HotFuzzBall

fuzzy-chan \(ㆁヮㆁ✿)
is an Artist
I'm too busy to build teams @~@ Anyways...

Hippopotas @ Eviolite / Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Whirlwind

Stoutland @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Superpower
- Crunch
- Facade

I would like a sand team (I'm aware that these 2 mons are unranked but, I find sand to be an unexplored archetype in NU atm). So the core is pretty self-explanatory, Hippopotas sets up sand (I'm not sure whether Eviolite / Smooth Rock would be better so I'll let you guys decide) while Stoutland and possibly another sand abuser are able to sweep and outspeed a large portion of the unboosted / boosted meta. I know Choice Band is fairly common in the upper tiers but, with the commonality of Cofagrigus, Rhydon, etc. I prefer Silk Scarf so Stoutland doesn't get locked into an unfavorable move and get taken advantage of. Anyways, Hippopotas has a standard Hippowdon set with Stealth Rock, EQ for STAB, Whirlwind to phaze mons that try to set up on it, and Slack Off for recovery. Its EVs are tangible, not sure what spread would be the most optimal. Stoutland has a standard set with Silk Scarf to boost its stab, Facade chosen so Stoutland isn't completely useless if a mon like Sableye were to burn it. As for threats Cofagrigus can be quite problematic since Mummy nullifies Sand Rush while Trick Room can make things even more annoying, can't think of anymore atm :[

Thanks in advance to whomever takes up this request ^^

Vivillon @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Compound Eyes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Sleep Powder
- Hurricane
- Energy Ball

If the sand core doesn't work out, I'm fine with a team built around Z-Hurricane Vivillon. Not sure what else to say lol, I guess Vivillon is a very potent sweeper especially since it can find quite a few setup opportunities against mons like non-Stone Edge Virizion, 98% accurate sleep powders is also pretty potent which enable Vivillon to find more setup opportunities. Also Z-Hurricane hits very hard.

Hi don't been to be a bother but just wondering if my request was forgotten or if Scraftys BU set is just to difficult to build around in this offensive meta. If the latter is the case then the builders can use Z Iron tail DD Scrafty instead and build around whichever playstyle they want. Thanks again :)

Oda sorry for taking so long, myself and some of the other builders have been rather busy lately. With that said here is a solid DD Scrafty team I am posting on behalf of my good friend Hootie.

Clawitzer @ Choice Specs
Ability: Mega Launcher
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Water Pulse
- Dark Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Ice Beam

Whimsicott @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Moonblast
- U-turn
- Encore

Steelix @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Protect

Golbat @ Eviolite
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 136 SpD / 24 Spe
Careful Nature
- Defog
- Brave Bird
- Taunt
- Roost

Delphox @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Psyshock
- Grass Knot
- Trick

Scrafty @ Steelium Z
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Knock Off
- High Jump Kick
- Iron Tail

I used this team a little earlier in beta to reach like 1670 on the ladder so it is at least consistent in that regard. The team itself is pretty simple, Golbat and Steelix provide the team with a defensive backbone, Clawitzer + Whimsi + Delphox make up a nice FWG core, and then DD Z-Iron Tail Scrafty is a menacing late-game cleaner. Opposing Fire-types like Houndoom can be tricky to handle, so play carefully around them. Aside from that the team is very straightforward and usually effective vs. most archetypes. Hope you enjoy!

Incineroar @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Flare Blitz
- Darkest Lariat
- Earthquake

wanted to build a team around Banded Incineroar, even Jolly Banded has a good attack stat :] lemme know if it can be done!

I am adding passion and Yogibears to the lab as some of the current builders are more busy than previously anticipated, and both of these users have expressed interest, have already prepared teams, and know their shit. With that said, no more builders will be added to the lab until further notice so there is no need to pm me asking to join as of now. tyvm to all of the builders who have posted team already n_n

passion

heavenly :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
CTC is a lord. hello I made you a team with absol. i made two changes to your set (i hope you do not mind). first of all i switched play rough with iron tail. despite the noticeable decrease in accuracy i would say this is an overall superior option as it hits more important dark resists, mainly fairy types like granbull, aromatisse, and togetic. i personally believe these fairy types are more important to hit than say fighting types with play rough as a large majority of the fighting types within this tier outspeed absol. the other change i made it changing super luck to justified. this is not necessarily a huge deal but i believe the opportunity to randomly switch absol into a knock off or something, despite its terrible bulk, is generally superior to a random 12.5% chance to get a crit. i guess you could change it back if you want but i personally prefer to have abilities that are within my control and not almost entirely random. with these few things out of the way i guess i will now get into the team.

Absol @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Tail
- Swords Dance

Slowbro @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Def / 244 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Thunder Wave
- Slack Off

Steelix @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Atk / 216 SpD / 36 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Stench
Adamant Nature
- Spikes
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Explosion

Rotom-Mow @ Grassium Z
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp / Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Leaf Storm

Emboar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Superpower
- Sleep Talk

i made this team fairly quickly so if when testing with it you have any major complains you can just vm me on my profile page and i can try to help you outside of this thread. the general idea of this team is to get up hazards with steelix/garbodor, spread paralysis with slowbro/rotom-c, and clean up with absol/scarf emboar. the slowbro spread makes it very similar to a slowking fully invested in physdef but just the tiniest bit bulkier. slowbro acts as your primary switch in for the many solid fighting types and fire types within the tier. colbur berry makes it so you can twave sneasel which is an apparent problem for this team. despite the fact that i have two decent checks for it, it can still pretty easily be able to wear them down as it does to most of its switch ins. moving on i would like to make mention that i run roar>toxic on steelix on this team as it has synergy with the general idea of the team: stack hazards and spam paralysis. running toxic has some amount of merit but i look at it from the perspective of that being one more mon that you can paralyze to help absol. i made offensive garbodor which if i recall correctly is able 2 2hko xatu which if played well could be pretty annoying for this team as magic bounce reflects twave, spikes, and stealth rocks. now moving onto the rotom-c set which may seem stupid but is in my opinion necessary tech for the team. first of all to get it out of the way grassium leaf storm allows you to bluff choice which most rotom-c's currently are and to nuke something, preferably something that gets in the way of absol winning. the reason i decided to go with double status instead of thunderbolt or a random hidden power is because whereas toxic was in my opinion not a necessity on steelix, will-o-wisp to me is very important because it instantly makes a few threatening things much weaker which at the time of me building this team seemed pretty important. if as you play with this team you notice that you almost never click will-o-wisp you can just change it to thunderbolt because the step up in power from volt switch can also be important. Thunder Wave is obviously a necessity though because it helps absol by slowing everything down. emboar is on the team due to the fact, that even if the whole point of this team is to spam twave to slow everything down, something with some amount of speed is necessary for the team. its main function is to revenge kill a few things that annoy this team such as sneasel, scrafty, and virizion. it can also act as another late game cleaner if the absol plan completely fails. ok that is a rundown of the team. looking back over it while typing the post up i can see a few slight weaknesses that you will need to play around well to beat. its always possible i am forgetting things though because i am not the perfect human. i am again going to repeat that if i forgot something existed and there is a mon that straight up 6-0s this team make sure to leave me a vm and i can try to help you fix it/make another team. have fun.

Last edited:

Sawk (M) @ Choice Band
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Zen Headbutt
- Poison Jab

I think it's about time we unleashed SM NU's most underrated fighting type. With a proper Dark type partner to injure/kill opposing psychic/ghosts and defogger to keep his Sturdy intact, I'm convinced Sawk can be an absolute nightmare for opposing teams as he was back in ORAS RU. Golbat and Garbodor are problems; but, I was thinking if someone wants to get really creative we could even throw in a specs Future Sight user or something.
Either way, I see almost 0 Sawks on the ladder and that needs to change Asap.
Thanks guys you rock!

Tauros @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Body Slam
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Zen Headbutt

Requesting a team built around Tauros. Tauros is a very underrated mon rn that got a nice little buff this gen in Body Slam, meaning now you don't have to use the inaccurate Rock Climb anymore. With coverage moves like Fire Blast for Steel type, Earthquake for Rock types, and Zen Headbutt for bulky Fighting types and Poison types, Tauros is one bull you do not want charging at you.

Last edited:

passion

heavenly :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Gorechomp hi

Tauros @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Body Slam
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Zen Headbutt

Uxie @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 68 Def / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psyshock
- Thunder Wave
- U-turn

Sceptile @ Choice Specs
Ability: Overgrow
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Focus Blast

Qwilfish @ Black Sludge
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 176 Spe
Impish Nature
- Taunt
- Scald
- Poison Jab
- Spikes

Emboar @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Superpower
- Sucker Punch

Rotom @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Discharge
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

like most teams i am probably going 2 post in this thread i made this team fairly quickly so if you have a problem with it let me know. the general idea is to setup hazards, spread status with rotom, and break teams/clean late game with sceptile, tauros, emboar. i am not going to go as in depth as i was in my last team thing because i dont think this one is nearly as complicated due to the fact that the mon i built the team around is actually good so you do not need 2 run wild shit to compliment it. i will mention a few things though. firstly i made uxie twave when they usually run yawn these days. this is because it has the slightest synergy with the hex rotom sitting in the back. furthermore, it severely cripples scarfers that this team may other wise be have a problem checking because scarf emboar gets outran by most other scarfers within the meta. sceptile's last slot is hp flying as a secondary way to revenge kill virizion. (needs to be a bit weakened beforehand but not too much) it also hits other grass types, especially whimsicott and vileplume, fairly hard which is helpful for tauros because you want to try not to be put into a position where effect spore shenanigans could lose you a game. qwilfish is poison jab instead of something like tspikes because it is pretty much this teams only way to check fairy types because i decided not to use steelix. using only scald would leave you pretty much walled by every fairy type which would be very annoying. lastly, the rotom set is only there because i needed a flying resist. the reason it is discharge/pain split rather than something else is because without it this team would get 6-0d by sub bulk up braviary which would be overwhelmingly unfortunate. this teams main weaknesses i notice off the top of my head is offensive whimsicott and flying types + pursuit user so try to play cautiously around these. goodbye. also sorry this looks like a bw2 ru team lol.

Last edited:

Shadestep

volition immanent
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Sawk (M) @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Zen Headbutt
- Poison Jab

I think it's about time we unleashed SM NU's most underrated fighting type. With a proper Dark type partner to injure/kill opposing psychic/ghosts and defogger to keep his Sturdy intact, I'm convinced Sawk can be an absolute nightmare for opposing teams as he was back in ORAS RU. Golbat and Garbodor are problems; but, I was thinking if someone wants to get really creative we could even throw in a specs Future Sight user or something.
Either way, I see almost 0 Sawks on the ladder and that needs to change Asap.
Thanks guys you rock!
hey zug island! here is your requested team with CB Sawk.

Sawk @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Zen Headbutt
- Poison Jab

Sceptile @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Focus Blast
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Rock]

Rhydon @ Eviolite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Atk / 244 SpD / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Toxic

Meloetta @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Serene Grace
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Hyper Voice
- Focus Blast

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 Spe
Impish Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Seed Bomb
- Toxic Spikes
- Spikes

Hitmonlee @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Earthquake / Stone Edge
- Rapid Spin
- Knock Off

I started the team off with the idea of wanting to go with Fighting-spam. I originally had a Virizion on the team but i swapped it after some testing games, after seeing no good fighting spammer that could give me the coverage, speed, and hazard removal that Scarf Lee could. CM Meloetta works very well together with fighting spam as it has an easy time setting up vs most bulky psychic types and poison types running rampant in the tier. Specstile and SpD Rhydon form a solid core together with W/F/G covered as well as giving the team a solid braviary and tauros check. sceptile is a great nuke that helps with weakening said poison types that trouble the fighting spam core. garbodor was put on as a great fighting resist and hazard placement which the team desperately needed. i decided on the standard set as it seemed best here, the team needed a surefire way to check opposing hitmonlee / sawk / all other fighters. the team doesnt run a z-crystal, so you can maybe change Toxic Spikes to Haze and put on Icium-Z for more longevity, at the cost of added chip damage with rocky helmet. I hope you like it!

Last edited:

Jynx @ Normalium Z
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Lovely Kiss
- Ice Beam
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast

I'd like to request a team with Jynx. I think Jynx can be a good in mon in NU just like last gen. I'm not really getting the hang of building in SM NU. Either an offense or a BO team is fine. Thanks in advance and thanks to all the builders for this awesome thread!

yogi

I did not succumb...
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
legend slayer
Hey sorry this took so long man but I finally got around to finishing your team(s). It took a bit because of how interesting Granbull was to build around but I think I'm happy with what I made n_n

Granbull @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Play Rough
- Heal Bell
- Close Combat
- Earthquake

Masquerain @ Icium Z
Timid Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Ice Beam
- Quiver Dance
- Sticky Web

Emboar @ Expert Belt
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Superpower
- Grass Knot

Drapion @ Lum Berry
Ability: Battle Armor
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab

Rotom-Mow @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Thunderbolt
- Trick
- Volt Switch

Cryogonal @ Never-Melt Ice
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam / Freeze-Dry
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Toxic

This was the first version I made and I wanted to keep your set intact. Personally I think Masquerain is the best web setter as it's able to deal with Xatu, which both Shuckle and Leavanny (the next 'relevant' setter) can't effectively. You can opt for Focus Sash but I personally think Ice-Z is a really neat z-move allowing Masquerain to deal with things such as Rhydon easier. Emboar is an obvious abuser on webs, being able to hit extremely hard with pretty much any item. I personally feel the Expert Belt is the best option however both Scarf and Band are definitely viable too. Next I went with Drapion as it's and all around neat mon to have on webs, and due to its decent physical bulk and typing it gets ample opportunity to set up and since I've already used my Z-move on a different mon I decided Lum Berry would be the next best thing. I then decided to go with Rotom-Mow because it's a fantastic breaker and all around great mon in the current meta. Finally I went Cryogonal, but instead if opting for a defensive set I decided an offensive set would be better suited for the team as it helps spin vs opposing webs teams.

Granbull @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Play Rough
- Crunch
- Close Combat
- Earthquake

Shuckle @ Red Card
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Infestation

Emboar @ Expert Belt
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Superpower
- Grass Knot

Drapion @ Groundium Z
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab

Rotom-Mow @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Thunderbolt
- Trick
- Volt Switch

Timid Nature
- Ice Beam / Freeze-Dry
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Toxic

This team is very similar to the first one, however I opted to change your Scarf Granbull to a Band version so that it could really abuse its decent 120 Base Attack stat well. I also changed out Masquerain for Red Card Shuckle, as it's actually able to get Sticky Webs off verses Xatu based teams. The final change I made was to add my Z-move slot to Drapion, due to me dropping Masquerain for Shuckle, and went for Groundium-Z as it is almost certainly the best current Z-move for Drapion.

Hope you enjoy these teams! n_n

legend slayer
Hey sorry this took so long man but I finally got around to finishing your team(s). It took a bit because of how interesting Granbull was to build around but I think I'm happy with what I made n_n

Granbull @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Play Rough
- Heal Bell
- Close Combat
- Earthquake

Masquerain @ Icium Z
Timid Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Ice Beam
- Quiver Dance
- Sticky Web

Emboar @ Expert Belt
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Superpower
- Grass Knot

Drapion @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab

Rotom-Mow @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Thunderbolt
- Trick
- Volt Switch

Timid Nature
- Ice Beam / Freeze-Dry
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Toxic

This was the first version I made and I wanted to keep your set intact. Personally I think Masquerain is the best web setter as it's able to deal with Xatu, which both Shuckle and Leavanny (the next 'relevant' setter) can't effectively. You can opt for Focus Sash but I personally think Ice-Z is a really neat z-move allowing Masquerain to deal with things such as Rhydon easier. Emboar is an obvious abuser on webs, being able to hit extremely hard with pretty much any item. I personally feel the Expert Belt is the best option however both Scarf and Band are definitely viable too. Next I went with Drapion as it's and all around neat mon to have on webs, and due to its decent physical bulk and typing it gets ample opportunity to set up and since I've already used my Z-move on a different mon I decided Lum Berry would be the next best thing. I then decided to go with Rotom-Mow because it's a fantastic breaker and all around great mon in the current meta. Finally I went Cryogonal, but instead if opting for a defensive set I decided an offensive set would be better suited for the team as it helps spin vs opposing webs teams.

Granbull @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Play Rough
- Crunch
- Close Combat
- Earthquake

Shuckle @ Red Card
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Infestation

Emboar @ Expert Belt
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Superpower
- Grass Knot

Drapion @ Groundium Z
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab

Rotom-Mow @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Thunderbolt
- Trick
- Volt Switch

Timid Nature
- Ice Beam / Freeze-Dry
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Toxic

This team is very similar to the first one, however I opted to change your Scarf Granbull to a Band version so that it could really abuse its decent 120 Base Attack stat well. I also changed out Masquerain for Red Card Shuckle, as it's actually able to get Sticky Webs off verses Xatu based teams. The final change I made was to add my Z-move slot to Drapion, due to me dropping Masquerain for Shuckle, and went for Groundium-Z as it is almost certainly the best current Z-move for Drapion.

Hope you enjoy these teams! n_n
Hey thanks for the amazing teams bid i have 2 go try them honestly forgot about this tbh but im glad 2 see how well the teams turned out

hey zug island! here is your requested team with CB Sawk.

Sawk @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Zen Headbutt
- Poison Jab

Sceptile @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Focus Blast
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Rock]

Rhydon @ Eviolite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Atk / 244 SpD / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Toxic

Meloetta @ Colbur Berry
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Hyper Voice
- Focus Blast

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Aftermath
Impish Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Seed Bomb
- Toxic Spikes
- Spikes

Hitmonlee @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Earthquake / Stone Edge
- Rapid Spin
- Knock Off

I started the team off with the idea of wanting to go with Fighting-spam. I originally had a Virizion on the team but i swapped it after some testing games, after seeing no good fighting spammer that could give me the coverage, speed, and hazard removal that Scarf Lee could. CM Meloetta works very well together with fighting spam as it has an easy time setting up vs most bulky psychic types and poison types running rampant in the tier. Specstile and SpD Rhydon form a solid core together with W/F/G covered as well as giving the team a solid braviary and tauros check. sceptile is a great nuke that helps with weakening said poison types that trouble the fighting spam core. garbodor was put on as a great fighting resist and hazard placement which the team desperately needed. i decided on the standard set as it seemed best here, the team needed a surefire way to check opposing hitmonlee / sawk / all other fighters. the team doesnt run a z-crystal, so you can maybe change Toxic Spikes to Haze and put on Icium-Z for more longevity, at the cost of added chip damage with rocky helmet. I hope you like it!
Thank you so much Shade, your time and effort is greatly appreciated!

Riddikulusness Here is the bulky offense SD Toxicroak team you requested.

Toxicroak @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch

Machamp @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Facade
- Bullet Punch

Steelix @ Leftovers
Brave Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Roar

Slowbro @ Colbur Berry / Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off
- Thunder Wave

Rotom-Mow @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Flying]

Delphox @ Firium Z
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Psychic
- Grass Knot
- Calm Mind
After starting with SD Toxicroak I decided to pair it with Guts Machamp to form a really threatening fighting spam core. Machamp has really good offensive synergy with Toxicroak, as it pressures Pokemon like Golbat, Slowbro, Jellicent, Uxie etc. that all make it difficult for Toxicroak to sweep. Conversely, Toxicroak uses Pokemon that annoy Machamp such as Garbodor as setup fodder, and as a whole the two are pretty adept at overwhelming bulkier teams. Steelix was then added to support the two with Stealth Rock and its useful resistances to Psychic-, Fairy-, and Flying-type attacks. Roar is pretty much necessary to keep threats like SUB + Bulk Up Braviary at bay. You can opt for a more specially defensive spread to better combat Psychic- and Fairy-types, but it makes Pokemon like Virizion more threatening. Next is Slowbro, which offers the team a solid Fighting-, Water-, Fire-, and secondary Psychic-type check. It has excellent synergy alongside Steelix and also forms a solid FWG core with the latter two members. Thunder Wave is used over alternative options like Calm Mind to slow down opposing teams and aid Machamp in putting in work. Choice Scarf Rotom-C is a great gluemon for this team, giving breakers like Machamp and Delphox free switch-ins with Volt Switch, as well as acting as a solid revenge killer. HP Flying is necessary to help combat Virizion, which can be pretty menacing for this team to face. Last up is CM Firium Z Delphox, completing the teams FWG core and providing another powerful breaker and secondary Fire-type resistance.

Big threats to the team include SD Shattered Psyche Virizion, NP Houndoom, and Specs Sceptile. Fortunately, Virizion struggles to really set up on anything, and if it does somehow manage to set up without accumulating any chip damage, then it is usually optimal to pivot around, forcing it to use CC and drop its defenses, and proceed to KO it with Hidden Power Flying from Rotom-C. Houndoom is a bigger threat, however Rotom-C can revenge kill after some chip damage, and Colbur Slowbro can always survive an unboosted Dark Pulse and KO it with Scald. Best way to play around it is to get Stealth Rock up in the early-stages of the battle. Sceptile is pretty tricky to handle as the team doesn't have great Specs Leaf Storm switch-ins, but Toxicroak and Delphox use it as setup fodder at -2, and Slowbro can catch it on the switch with Thunder Wave so it isn't impossible to deal with. The team definitely isn't perfect, however it does pretty well versus a lot of the metagame and doesn't auto lose to anything. Hope it meets ur expectations.

e: you can go Z-move Toxicroak and LO Delphox if you want, but this version of the team is what I found the most success with.

Riddikulusness Here is the bulky offense SD Toxicroak team you requested.

Toxicroak @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch

Machamp @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Facade
- Bullet Punch

Steelix @ Leftovers
Brave Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Roar

Slowbro @ Colbur Berry / Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off
- Thunder Wave

Rotom-Mow @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Flying]

Delphox @ Firium Z
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Psychic
- Grass Knot
- Calm Mind
After starting with SD Toxicroak I decided to pair it with Guts Machamp to form a really threatening fighting spam core. Machamp has really good offensive synergy with Toxicroak, as it pressures Pokemon like Golbat, Slowbro, Jellicent, Uxie etc. that all make it difficult for Toxicroak to sweep. Conversely, Toxicroak uses Pokemon that annoy Machamp such as Garbodor as setup fodder, and as a whole the two are pretty adept at overwhelming bulkier teams. Steelix was then added to support the two with Stealth Rock and its useful resistances to Psychic-, Fairy-, and Flying-type attacks. Roar is pretty much necessary to keep threats like SUB + Bulk Up Braviary at bay. You can opt for a more specially defensive spread to better combat Psychic- and Fairy-types, but it makes Pokemon like Virizion more threatening. Next is Slowbro, which offers the team a solid Fighting-, Water-, Fire-, and secondary Psychic-type check. It has excellent synergy alongside Steelix and also forms a solid FWG core with the latter two members. Thunder Wave is used over alternative options like Calm Mind to slow down opposing teams and aid Machamp in putting in work. Choice Scarf Rotom-C is a great gluemon for this team, giving breakers like Machamp and Delphox free switch-ins with Volt Switch, as well as acting as a solid revenge killer. HP Flying is necessary to help combat Virizion, which can be pretty menacing for this team to face. Last up is CM Firium Z Delphox, completing the teams FWG core and providing another powerful breaker and secondary Fire-type resistance.

Big threats to the team include SD Shattered Psyche Virizion, NP Houndoom, and Specs Sceptile. Fortunately, Virizion struggles to really set up on anything, and if it does somehow manage to set up without accumulating any chip damage, then it is usually optimal to pivot around, forcing it to use CC and drop its defenses, and proceed to KO it with Hidden Power Flying from Rotom-C. Houndoom is a bigger threat, however Rotom-C can revenge kill after some chip damage, and Colbur Slowbro can always survive an unboosted Dark Pulse and KO it with Scald. Best way to play around it is to get Stealth Rock up in the early-stages of the battle. Sceptile is pretty tricky to handle as the team doesn't have great Specs Leaf Storm switch-ins, but Toxicroak and Delphox use it as setup fodder at -2, and Slowbro can catch it on the switch with Thunder Wave so it isn't impossible to deal with. The team definitely isn't perfect, however it does pretty well versus a lot of the metagame and doesn't auto lose to anything. Hope it meets ur expectations.

e: you can go Z-move Toxicroak and LO Delphox if you want, but this version of the team is what I found the most success with.
The team looks great. Thanks so much! I appreciate it a lot.

Meloetta @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Focus Blast
- Psychic / Psyshock
- Shadow Ball / U-Turn / Energy ball

I'd like to request an offense team with specs meloetta. Specs meloetta is a powerful wallbreaker and can tear apart many teams. Here are some calcs

252 SpA Choice Specs Meloetta Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Slowbro: 262-309 (66.4 - 78.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Choice Specs Meloetta Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Steelix: 364-430 (102.8 - 121.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO (this isnt even an actual spread either, showcasing its power)
252 SpA Choice Specs Meloetta Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Seismitoad: 246-291 (59.4 - 70.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

A mon that is really cool, i just don't have the building skills to make it work.
Edit: no idea how to get the gif working, sorry :[

Attachments

Last edited:
I'd like to request a team around specs Charizard. This mon sits at a decent speed tier and has decent sp. attack. I was wondering how well it can function as a wallbreaker using specs and solar power. This is the set that I had in mind.

Charizard @ Choice Specs
Ability: Solar Power
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Air Slash
- Solar Beam / Hidden Power Grass
- Focus Blast

Ideally, I would like to use this set with an offensive sun team. Otherwise, any play style will do. This was the best move set I could come up with, but it can be customized to whatever you think works better. Thanks in advance!

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Healing Wish
- Stealth Rock

Virizion @ Rockium Z
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Leaf Blade
- Stone Edge

I'd like to request a Offense team with HWish Mesprit and Rockium Virizion. Mesprit sets up the rocks and give the team a decent fighting check. With the spread I creep 252 Machamp and everything that creeps it by 1 point. Virizion simply clicks sd kills something and comes back by HWish and starts another time. The sets can be edited if the teams needs something to work of course. I'm not the best writer so forgive me ;-;

I would like to request a team built around SD Virizon + Scarf Drapion.
upload_2017-7-27_20-18-19.gif

Virizion @ Rockium Z
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Leaf Blade
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

upload_2017-7-27_20-19-30.gif

Drapion @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sniper
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Poison Jab
- Earthquake

These two form a decent offensive core. Drapion handles the Grass, Psychic, and Fairy types that give Virizon trouble such Aromatisse. In return, Virizon handles the Ground types that trouble Drapion by either beating them with grass STAB or by setting up on them. If possible, I would like this team to be a more balanced team.

Attachments

Hi woofmasterarf , I made a Balance team you asked for with the core around Virizion and Drapion just like you asked. I hope you like it!

Virizion @ Rockium Z
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

Drapion @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Poison Jab
- Earthquake

Steelix @ Leftovers
EVs: 244 HP / 96 Atk / 170 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Slowbro @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off

Braviary @ Leftovers
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog

Rotom @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Discharge

I started the team of with the core you suggested from there I wanted to make a Fighting / Dark / Psychic core, with Virizion and Drapion I saw that Sneasel was an annoyance for this core so I started adding Steelix and Slowbro so Sneasel wouldn't become a bother at all. With Steelix the team also got a Normal-, Flying-resist and an Electric immunity as well as Stealth rocks. With Slowbro you get the Fighting resist this team desperately needs as well a Fire resist (if you want a more solid one just run Slowking over Slowbro). The team became pretty weak to Spike stack since every mon is grounded as of now, first I thought of going for Golbat as the Defogger of the team but began to dislike that idea more and more, so I thought what else has Defog in this tier that would fit well? I came by Braviary, this helps as well vs SpecsTile and Whimsicott check, Ghost immunity, Defog, Ground immunity and U-Turner as well. As last I wanted something that was also Ground immunity / Fighting resist and could Spinblock if it was necassary. Rotom fits this job perfectly since it's able to cripple Pokémons with Discharge or Will-O-Wisp. SubWisp Rotom is a quite unexpected threat in this meta, most people expect either Z Thunder or Scarf what makes you get some free Subsitutes since they are scared of either of those sets.

The team is pretty weak to NP Houndoom, CM Delphox and Z Stone Edge Virizion, this is why Gyro Ball is on Steelix so you can do more to Virizion, CM Delphox has to be worried about Z-Stone Edge from Virizion, OHKO'ed by Scarf drapion and getting crippled by Rotom and you can play around Houndoom if you play well and sets up on almost nothing.

I hope you like the team and if I didn't explain something too well feel free to ask!

Hi woofmasterarf , I made a Balance team you asked for with the core around Virizion and Drapion just like you asked. I hope you like it!

Virizion @ Rockium Z
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

Drapion @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Poison Jab
- Earthquake

Steelix @ Leftovers
EVs: 244 HP / 96 Atk / 170 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Slowbro @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off

Braviary @ Leftovers
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog

Rotom @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Discharge

I started the team of with the core you suggested from there I wanted to make a Fighting / Dark / Psychic core, with Virizion and Drapion I saw that Sneasel was an annoyance for this core so I started adding Steelix and Slowbro so Sneasel wouldn't become a bother at all. With Steelix the team also got a Normal-, Flying-resist and an Electric immunity as well as Stealth rocks. With Slowbro you get the Fighting resist this team desperately needs as well a Fire resist (if you want a more solid one just run Slowking over Slowbro). The team became pretty weak to Spike stack since every mon is grounded as of now, first I thought of going for Golbat as the Defogger of the team but began to dislike that idea more and more, so I thought what else has Defog in this tier that would fit well? I came by Braviary, this helps as well vs SpecsTile and Whimsicott check, Ghost immunity, Defog, Ground immunity and U-Turner as well. As last I wanted something that was also Ground immunity / Fighting resist and could Spinblock if it was necassary. Rotom fits this job perfectly since it's able to cripple Pokémons with Discharge or Will-O-Wisp. SubWisp Rotom is a quite unexpected threat in this meta, most people expect either Z Thunder or Scarf what makes you get some free Subsitutes since they are scared of either of those sets.

The team is pretty weak to NP Houndoom, CM Delphox and Z Stone Edge Virizion, this is why Gyro Ball is on Steelix so you can do more to Virizion, CM Delphox has to be worried about Z-Stone Edge from Virizion, OHKO'ed by Scarf drapion and getting crippled by Rotom and you can play around Houndoom if you play well and sets up on almost nothing.

I hope you like the team and if I didn't explain something too well feel free to ask!
Thanks! The team looks great!

I'm too busy to build teams @~@ Anyways...

Hippopotas @ Eviolite / Smooth Rock
Careful Nature
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Whirlwind

Stoutland @ Silk Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Superpower
- Crunch
- Facade

I would like a sand team (I'm aware that these 2 mons are unranked but, I find sand to be an unexplored archetype in NU atm). So the core is pretty self-explanatory, Hippopotas sets up sand (I'm not sure whether Eviolite / Smooth Rock would be better so I'll let you guys decide) while Stoutland and possibly another sand abuser are able to sweep and outspeed a large portion of the unboosted / boosted meta. I know Choice Band is fairly common in the upper tiers but, with the commonality of Cofagrigus, Rhydon, etc. I prefer Silk Scarf so Stoutland doesn't get locked into an unfavorable move and get taken advantage of. Anyways, Hippopotas has a standard Hippowdon set with Stealth Rock, EQ for STAB, Whirlwind to phaze mons that try to set up on it, and Slack Off for recovery. Its EVs are tangible, not sure what spread would be the most optimal. Stoutland has a standard set with Silk Scarf to boost its stab, Facade chosen so Stoutland isn't completely useless if a mon like Sableye were to burn it. As for threats Cofagrigus can be quite problematic since Mummy nullifies Sand Rush while Trick Room can make things even more annoying, can't think of anymore atm :[

Thanks in advance to whomever takes up this request ^^

Vivillon @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Compound Eyes
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Sleep Powder
- Hurricane
- Energy Ball

If the sand core doesn't work out, I'm fine with a team built around Z-Hurricane Vivillon. Not sure what else to say lol, I guess Vivillon is a very potent sweeper especially since it can find quite a few setup opportunities against mons like non-Stone Edge Virizion, 98% accurate sleep powders is also pretty potent which enable Vivillon to find more setup opportunities. Also Z-Hurricane hits very hard.

Hippopotas @ Smooth Rock
Careful Nature
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Whirlwind

Stoutland @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Superpower
- Crunch
- Wild Charge

Sandslash @ Groundium Z
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off

Jellicent @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Water Absorb
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Hex

Drapion @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 156 HP / 128 Atk / 224 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Poison Jab

Minior-Meteor @ White Herb
Ability: Shields Down
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake
- Substitute

Let me just preface this by saying that I found it really hard to make this archetype consistent, mainly because sand isn't all that good of an archetype. Traditionally (or at least in ORAS/XY) sand in NU thrived against offensive teams as they couldn't match the speed under sand and didn't have enough defensive answers to deal with stoutland + sandlash. In SM however the tables have turned as pretty much all the offensive teams have some way of auto setting hail (webs and aurora veil are really the only offenses you see, webs is a bitch because 1) the web and 2) most run vanilluxe which fucks with you, veil is just straight up broken and it's really tough to matchup against it). Because of this in your matchups against most offensive team the opposing team is favoured. On the bright side pretty much every steelix/rhydon balance team I faced fell to this team as they got overwhelmed trying to keep their normal resist healthy.

Now with all that being said, let's get onto the team! I decided that I wanted to fully embrace the sand element since I feel like running just stout + hippo puts you at a disadvantage and so I went with rock hippo + banded stout. I know you wanted silk scarf but after testing them both out it really just appreciates the raw power more, especially w/ minior doing a good job of weakening lix for you. I ran wild charge over facade because it 2hkos bro. Next I went with sandslash to round off the sand core, I though about going with duggy-alola but after testing it a bit I found it bad. Groundium-z works really well on slash and it functions excellently in sand, being even more threatening than stout imo. Groundium-z also lets you ohko slowbro at +2 which is insanely helpful. Following this I wanted a reliable way of switching into bulky waters, rhydon and steelix and so I went with jellicent. I opted to go with the fast taunt set over scald since that puts a lot more pressure on fat waters and keeps them low enough so that slash and stout can kill them when it comes to it. Next I wanted a way of 1) trapping ghosts to help stout 2) switching into grasses 3) absorbing t-spikes and 3) setting my own t-spikes. I originally planned on using the last 2 slots to accomplish this but drap happened the fit the role so perfectly that I didn't need to. The evs are so that you outpace rotom-normal and are able to switch into meloetta's specs hyper voice without dying. I originally had Iapapa berry but I often found it not activating when I needed it so I went with Sitrus, this allows me to say take a leaf storm, lose 55, and bounce back up to 70 so that i can switch in again. It's a lot handier than black sludge and while it may seem weird on paper it plays really well in practice. Finally I wanted some kind or rock type that could take advantage of the buff from sand. Minior worked really here as with the Sp. Def boost it has a much easier time than normal setting up smashes and it also weakens lix for stout. This also serves as a great switch in to the likes of vivillon and vileplume due to the substantial sp def and shields down preventing status. The team definitely takes a bit of getting used to but once you kind of figure out the kinks it becomes really smooth and fun to play. Thanks for reading this essay and gl!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)