NU Analyses Discussion Thread

marilli

With you
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
you sometimes don't want to be locked into a normal move there's viability in that and also having quick attack

CanadianWifier

Run Away With Me
Boomburst is apparently a strong enough move that it makes a pokemon with 50 Spa viable as a Special Attacker, lol.
But seriously I agree with Holly that Specs is much better than Physical, but idk if I'd call physical unviable. Still good, just not as good as Boomburst

you sometimes don't want to be locked into a normal move there's viability in that and also having quick attack
The only time you don't want to be locked into a Normal-type attack is when the opponent has a Mega Steelix. It 3HKOs Rhydon, and it has Scrappy for Ghost-types.

Crustle could probably use an update with Custap. I still think Red Card is good though, but it should probably be either Set Details or at least slashed after Custap. Shell Smash also needs a mention in Moves or a slash with Knock Off as the last move, as it reliably beats Xatu. Might just be something we want to do in the SCMS, idk.

soulgazer

I FEEL INFINITE
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
garbodor needs a revamp, offensive sets are viable and good (exemple: with the proper nature or item, Garbodor can easily 2HKO Xatu with Gunk Shot and OUTSPEED IT).

seismitoad probably needs a revamp too, sash seismitoad is quite good.

i agree with db's list

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Crustle probably just needs a SCMS edit.

Does toad need an entire revamp? or can we just have someone do up those sets separately and then add them in?

[...] [...]

Does toad need an entire revamp? or can we just have someone do up those sets separately and then add them in?
I would start SR Offensive WIP today. Tell me what I have to do about. Every your decision is valid for me, I could take another pokemon, if you want.

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I'm agreeing with sg here, I think Seismitoad needs a full revamp.

The analysis I wrote only had two sets, both of which are fine but in theory we'd be adding two new ones (offensive sr and focus sash), so it deserves a full revamp imo.

Also noting that those two should be different sets since they play on slightly different playstyles and would have different ev spreads, movesets, and obviously diff items.

I mean, writing up the two sets separately and not being a full revamp makes sense but I guess it could work either way.

I'm agreeing with sg here, I think Seismitoad needs a full revamp.

The analysis I wrote only had two sets, both of which are fine but in theory we'd be adding two new ones (offensive sr and focus sash), so it deserves a full revamp imo.

Also noting that those two should be different sets since they play on slightly different playstyles and would have different ev spreads, movesets, and obviously diff items.

I mean, writing up the two sets separately and not being a full revamp makes sense but I guess it could work either way.
Okay, then I can stop to make SR Offensive Seismitoad WIP. I'll choose another 'mon later.

Punchshroom

FISHIOUS REND MEGA SHARPEDO
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
If we're gonna revamp Frogadier I can go ahead and cook up an ideal set (aka tweaking that set I posted a page ago), although I'll probably wait for certain metagame changes to happen first before setting anything in stone.

You can probably just make Sash the primary slash on Offensive Stealth Rock and slash something after Endeavor for sets without Sash (assuming that's the set you're talking about).

Kiyo

the cowboy kid
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Questions on Rotom:
  • Is Choice Specs good enough for a main set? I'm indifferent I suppose, but I haven't had much success with it.
  • Is SubSplit good enough for a main set? I personally think it's garbage and in the old thread people were underwhelmed by it. I'd like a definitive answer before I tweak the skeleton though.
  • Can defensive and Hex Spell Tag be combined into one set? I've personally never used Hex, I'm not really sure what EV spread it would run or how it plays. any tips would be great, thanks.

CanadianWifier

Run Away With Me
specs is good, subsplit is bad, hex spelltag is second after scarf, but before defensive.
slash specs with scarf and just call the set choiced? they pretty much do the same thing and it'd be weird to have 2 basically identical sets with different items

Kiyo

the cowboy kid
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
specs is good, subsplit is bad, hex spelltag is second after scarf, but before defensive.
slash specs with scarf and just call the set choiced? they pretty much do the same thing and it'd be weird to have 2 basically identical sets with different items
yeah i'm hesitant about making specs and scarf the same set because scarf functions more as a revenge killer and its a similar to predicament to CB and CS on scyther.

Blast

Member of the Alien Nation
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Thoughts on adding Sash Endeavor Vivillon to the analysis? It's a really good lure to most of its normal answers as well as a good catch-all to just about anything with Sash + Sleep Powder + Endeavor.

Kiyo

the cowboy kid
Thoughts on adding Sash Endeavor Vivillon to the analysis? It's a really good lure to most of its normal answers as well as a good catch-all to just about anything with Sash + Sleep Powder + Endeavor.
I've used it on quite a few teams now, I feel like its effective enough to warrant a set. You rarely miss running a coverage move, as Hurricane blasts everything you can't Sleep Powder anyways. Yes imo.

also support giving it a set, if someone wants to work on it go ahead :)

CanadianWifier

Run Away With Me
if this is just a set add-on like kiyo did with AV magmortar, I'll grab it. Vivvy is cute, and this shouldn't take very long at all

Blast

Member of the Alien Nation
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hello I have more stuff:

Typhlosion needs a revamp, Flash Fire should be slashed and affects its playstyle a lot. Flame Plate is better now, as well as EQ and Wisp.

Choice Band Ninjask is actually decent and at the very least is better than Baton Pass, so I think that should be revamped too.

Servine should get an analysis, both Eviolite and Scarf sets I've seen used to solid success.

Some people apparently like Zebstrika too but I've never seen it before

edit: Flame Plate sounds cooler so gg

Last edited:

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hello I have more stuff:

Typhlosion needs a revamp, Flash Fire should be slashed and affects its playstyle a lot. Flame Plate is better now, as well as EQ and Wisp.

Choice Band Ninjask is actually decent and at the very least is better than Baton Pass, so I think that should be revamped too.

Servine should get an analysis, both Eviolite and Scarf sets I've seen used to solid success.

Some people apparently like Zebstrika too but I've never seen it before
Charcoal > Flame Plate
Not sure how great evoilite is on Servine, but the mon itself is good enough.
Agreeing with other stuff as well, Zebstrika has more than enough valid niches to deserve an analysis and the fact that Scarf is the set on site is dumb.

CanadianWifier

Run Away With Me
yea wtf dude.. flame plate is fucking awful..
Charcoal is the only item it should run besides Specs/Scarf

Agree with servine, I've seen it used effectively enough to warrant an analysis.
Zeb is meh, sorry Zeb

Kiyo

the cowboy kid
I DEMAND A RECOUNT, I AM OUTRAGED BY THE FACT THAT THE MOST POWERFUL SET NAME IN THE DEX WAS RENAMED TO SOMETHING AS DULL AND BORING AS "Endeavor" MONTSEGUR IS WAAAAAYYYYY OUT OF LINE ON THIS ONE.

zeb is really good richard are you retarded, what else outspeeds archeops that isnt complete aids

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I DEMAND A RECOUNT, I AM OUTRAGED BY THE FACT THAT THE MOST POWERFUL SET NAME IN THE DEX WAS RENAMED TO SOMETHING AS DULL AND BORING AS "Endeavor" MONTSEGUR IS WAAAAAYYYYY OUT OF LINE ON THIS ONE.

zeb is really good richard are you retarded, what else outspeeds archeops that isnt complete aids
It was actually Dat Blast who wanted to make it not so long, you can always edit in SCMS.

Eh I'm alright with zeb gettin an analysis, in the current meta it does aight.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)