np: UU - Higher Ground

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never would of guessed....

Anyways... Mixluxray has been turning out to be a great "stall breaker" from what ive seen anyways.

I'd bring Mismaggy out right away. Double switch... take out their counter.. and move from there.

Actually, my team has been doing really well, and it doesn't use yanmega, donphan, milotic, or a ghost type. I should be on the leaderboard soon, if my connection stops lagging :( And besides, it seems like a lot of pokes are running ambipom. I find trickscarf Uxie is a much better lead, as it can really set the momentum and wreck stall teams with trick, balanced teams by u-turning for momentum and countering fighters, and offesive by having a super fast thunderwave (even after the trick). But with shaymin and soon roserade gone, I'm running out of grass types, and thus, a decent check to both milotic and rotom.

feraligatr really has trouble putting aqua jet on a moveset. I think if he uses aqua jet it'll either be a CB set (which azumarill arguably does better) or a sd / waterfall / return / aqua jet set (which kabutops also has access to except with a STAB stone edge).

ex point that mix luxray sounds pretty interesting. i'm guessing it's max special attack, thunderbolt / ice fang / hp grass / superpower?

How exactly?

Feraligator getting Aqua Jet isn't that impressive. For example, the Swords Dance set is highly outclassed by Kabutops who has higher speed, higher attack, and STAB Stone Edge to work with. Dragon Dance will suffer from 4mss as Feraligator needs Waterfall-Ice Punch-Earthquake to ensure the best chance to sweep. Choice Band set is obviously outclassed by Azumarril.

Perhaps in OU it might be more effective but I highly doubt it.

I've been using Hp Ice - T-Bolt - Superpower + Crunch. T-Bolt gets Slowbro and Milo, T-Bolt + Superpower covers Registeel, Hp Ice/ Ice Fang for Roserade and Altaria, and Crunch for Rotom + Mismag. The only one who could be a problem is Roserade.. but I back him with Insomnia Honchkrow, so all is well.

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I agree what's with the hype? It still has the same counters anyways.

Bluewind

GIVE EO WARSTORY
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Don't forget that Feraligatr doesn't have the cursed Water/Rock typing though, and Torrent can really come handy in some situations.
Everything will end up being a matter of preference, like the Leafeon/Venusaur thing, wheter you want to have those pesky weakness of a faster and more powerful poke, with access to another STAB, or a slower and weaker version of it, with better typing and a situational ability.
I'd go with Kabutops anytime though.

Feraligatr is certainly not outclassed by SD Kabutops. First of all, it resists both Aqua Jet and Bullet Punch, so whether you are using it in UU or OU, respectively, it is less susceptible to priority. Torrent boosts Aqua Jet to 90 base power, which is fairly powerful(just as powerful as Scizor's Technician Bullet Punch). While situational, on an average team it is certainly more valuable in OU than Swift Swim. Oh yes, let us not forget that Feraligatr can take Thunderbolts, who has 85 / 83 defenses, unlike Kabutop's shitty 60 / 70. In reality, Kabutops has great dual STAB, but weakness to Earthquake + Close Combat, neutrality to Aqua Jet / Bullet Punch, more situational ability, less bulk(yes, on both sides), Ice Punch > X-Scissor(Venusaur, Torterra, and Roserade come to mind when I think grass types in UU), all mean Feraligatr is easily as good as Kabutops, and for many teams, better.

EDIT: Oh yeah, Mach Punch weakness as well. Totally worth it when Hitmonlee outruns you...

Legacy Raider

sharpening his claws, slowly
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Feraligators base attack is 105, Azumarills is 100 (2 x 50)
or is it doubled after the EVs?
With Huge Power it's much easier to use the actual Attack stats than base stats to compare.

A 252 Atk Adamant Feraligatr has an Attack stat of 339.

A 252 Atk Adamant Azumarill has an Attack stat of 436.

That's roughly the same Attack stat that 252+ Groudon has (base 150 Attack) so see that as you will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)