Battle Spot Nihilego lead team

RoyalReloaded

!
is a Top Tiering Contributor
MPL Champion
Hi, this is my 2nd attempt at making a team, first time making a battle spot one though

Nihilego @ Focus Sash
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Power Gem
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power Ice
- Stealth Rock​

I decided to build my team around Nihilego. I didn't do this for any particular reason, but I decided to use this set so I could apply some early game pressure and hopefully force a switch, while being able to safely get up stealth rocks. My plan is to lead Nihilego unless the other team sports a hard counter, or rocks just aren't so good in the matchup for me.

Salamence @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Double-Edge
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake​
I decided to use Mega Salamence because he's very strong in this meta and my team needed a ground type resist. I decided to use this set because the main thing standing in Nihilego's way are Steel types. Earthquake provides coverage for most steel-types, but not for the common Celesteela, so I decided to use fire blast so I can threaten it accordingly.

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 204 HP / 164 SpA / 140 Spe
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Shadow Ball
- King's Shield​

Next I added Aegislash. I decided to do this because he can wall a lot of the things that counter mega salamence. This set is mainly designed to counter pokemon such as Porygon 2 / Porygon Z, Cresselia, and Suicune. He works nicely with Salamence because they cover each other's resistances, as well as covering Nihilego's psychic weakness. Can also apply pressure on mimikyu and potentially force a switch.

Greninja @ Waterium Z
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Water Shuriken
- Dark Pulse
- Gunk Shot​

Greninja is my ground type counter. I have the ground resist to completely negate damage, but I am in big trouble against Mamoswine. I decided to use the Waterium Z over the focus sash because I had already used a sash, and I did not have a Z move thusfar. At this point, I'm looking for another pokemon that can help get Greninja by means of U-Turn or volt switch.

Thundurus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Ice
- Focus Blast
- Volt Switch​

Scarfed Thundurus-T is my volt switch pivot into Greninja. He is a speedy revenge killer who can switch into Tapu-Koko and force a switch with volt absorb. I chose the choice scarf because the main usage for this pokemon is to pop in after a kill and clean up or get in greninja while applying some nice chip. From here, I'm looking to get a last pokemon that is able to reliably get damage on some pokemon.

Hippowdon @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Ice Fang
- Yawn​

I wanted to use Hippowdon to get constant chip damage on a lot of pokemon by means of sand stream and rocky helmet, along with pressuring switches with yawn, and countering mega charizard. I like having another bulky pokemon that is capable of dealing with opposing ground types by means of ice fang, and is able to recover with more than just leftovers.

Sorry if my descriptions weren't great, they were the thought processes that I had while making this team. Please leave some feedback, thanks :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)