New to OU Doubles

Status
Not open for further replies.
A convention I'm going to soon (about 5 weeks from now) is hosting a Doubles OU tournament. I'm fairly new to all of this but I was wondering what teams people would recommend? I normally wouldn't ask and just build my team, but there's a few special restrictions which I'll list here:

• A. The item Soul Dew cannot be used
  • B. No Legendaries or Mythical Pokemon are allowed with the exception of the 3 trios (Kanto Birds, Johto Cats, Unova Trio)
With that in mind, what would you all recommend as a team for a fairly inexperienced player? I'm not looking to necessarily WIN but I think it'd be fun to give it a shot with a decent team.

Yellow Paint

working as intended
is a Top Tutoris a Top Team Rateris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
B101 Leader
You're not really supposed to create threads here without mod approval, and this sort of thing is much easier to handle if you visit the doubles room on pokemon showdown or post in the existing help thread, but since you've already done it here's something decent within your restrictions. It's nothing interesting, but if your opponents aren't using good teams then you should win just by having better mons.
Kangaskhan-Mega (F) @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- Power-Up Punch
- Sucker Punch

Thundurus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Thunder Wave
- Protect

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Superpower

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power
- Protect

Aegislash @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Wide Guard
- King's Shield

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 56 HP / 200 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Hyper Beam

I was unaware of that, but thank you. I believe that Aegislash is banned in this event but I'm not sure. Is there something I could substitute in in case it is?

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
Yeah for stuff like this, I recommend just going through the Doubles room on PS!. You're not supposed to make threads such as these without moderator approval and if anything, this kind of stuff fits better in our Q&A thread. What Yellow Paint gave you will probably work, and in the event that you can't use Aegislash, you can probably use Ferrothorn on that slot instead as it still checks a good number of stuff while still giving you the nifty resists of a Steel-type.

kamikaze

The King Of Games
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
It would also be good to completely confirm your ruleset so that people helping can give you better advice, knowing full well on what pokemon and items they have to work with

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)