SM OU New to competitive pokemon and i need help with my first team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys, as you can see im a noob at competitive pokemon mostly i play random battles sometimes monotype and i didn't know where to begin to build a new team.
ive seen alot of videos on youtube and picked my team based of that. but i would like some advice where i can improve and which changes i can make to make my team more balanced and stronger.

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

i chose a defensive Landorus-t from smogon this mon seems very popular in this tier and the preffered Stealth Rocker. thats why i choose him hp ice also hits garchomp and gliscor pretty hard.

Tornadus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Defog

i chose a pivot Tornadus-t, a good mon to remove hazards and knock off can be very annoying to deal with. Rocky Helmet also punishes u-turn.

Greninja-Ash @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
i went with an offensive choice specs ash greninja. because of its speed spikes are very annoying i've seen this mon destroy teams with no problem if you dont have alot of good switchings into this mon it can really be a pain to play against.

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Haze
- Recover
- Toxic
i chose pex because its really popular atm and it seems to wall so many pokemon and i wanted to get a good trio base with the likes of pex, lando and torn.

Magearna @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shift Gear
- Calm Mind
- Fleur Cannon
- Focus Blast
Magearna seems to be a good choice for 1 of your slots. i dont know what sort of moves i should put on this t-bolt or flash cannon are good options but i"ve seen fightinium z come in very handy .

Latios @ Latiosite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Psychic
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Recover
for this last pick i was not so sure who to pick i wanted a strong mega and latios seemed like a good pick for power it's soo fast and when it switches in it becomes a very big threat.

my descriptions are probably not that usefull because im new but thankyou in advance for giving me some advice :)

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
Welcome to Smogon! I'm locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide at least 3 lines of descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and take a look at Team Showcase to see the level of detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions and I'll be happy to unlock this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)