Gardevoir (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Trace/Synchronize
EVs: 150 HP/252 Spd/108 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Energy Ball
- Psychic
- Trick
- Shadow Ball

Lead Gardevoir, though this set can work elsewhere on the team. I came up with the set when I wanted to test another Gardevoir but not a support Gardevoir since I had tested one before with little luck. I figured that her stats + movepool + abilities could make for an interesting lead and testing proved that she could work. Anyways, as a lead she's meant to do as much damage as possible until she's forced out. What makes her nice and the main reason why you'd use her over Alakazam who can basically run the same set is that she has enough bulk to be able to come in, take a hit or 2, and fire back, something that I doubt Zam can do outside of certain situations. Either ability could work, though Trace gives her a bit more utility mid/late game. The attacks should be fairly obvious, Psychic is reliable stab, Energy Ball destroys the fossils and other 4x weak to grass pokés (watch out for focus sash! ) and Shadow Ball hits Ghosts and other psychics. Trick deals with everything else, of course.

This isn't a bad set. Although I must ask what are the EVs is for?

SubPlot Raichu

EVs:252 SpA/126 Def/126 SpD/4 HP
Ability: Static
Nature: Modest (+SAtk, -Atk)
Item: Leftovers
-Substitute
-Nasty Plot
-Thunderbolt
-Focus Blast/Hidden Power Grass

I have been working on this for a good 3 weeks and this is the best I can come up with. Come in, Sub and then Nasty Plot. After that you have a few choices. You could go with Thunderbolt and Focus Blast. Thunderbolt is reliable STAB and Focus Blast backs a punch against the rock/ground types of UU that may think switching in, but if you prefer accuracy to power there is always Hidden Power Grass.

There is another option that could work as well. Grass Knot for those heavy Pokemon that could KO Raichu like Golem, Rhyperior and Milotic.

This is my first try at a custom moveset so ya. I have tested this and it seems to be the best that I can find for SubPlot Raichu

SubPlot Raichu

EVs:252 SpA/126 Def/126 SpD/4 HP
Ability: Static
Nature: Modest (+SAtk, -Atk)
Item: Leftovers
-Substitute
-Nasty Plot
-Thunderbolt
-Focus Blast/Hidden Power Grass

Hp Ice > Hp Grass, you do lose the ability to potentially OHKO Rhyperior, but you are now not completely walled by grass types, mainly venusaur who would otherwise have a field day on you.

About this Gardevoir's Lead Role.

Nice set for Gardevoir. The Impressive SpDef Stat Gradevoir boasts with a base 125 SpAtk stat and access to Trick does make it a viable choice for a lead but the average speed stat and poor defense stat could be its downfall; on the the other hand, while Alakazam isn't as bulky, its base 120 Speed stat could be the reason Battlers use it over Gardevoir. And what would you do against Pursuit users like Absol? They often enjoy the use of a choice Scarf and seeing how none of your attacks hit a dark type such as Absol for significant damage while you basically die to an non-boosted Pursuit, I suggest including Focus Blast somewhere so with a bit of prediction, you can nail Pokemon like Absol and Houndoom on the Switch ( All standard variants of Absol are OHKO'd with the set you are running and You have a ~61% of OHKO'ing Houndoom with 252 SpDef EV's with a Neutral Nature (The Standard NP Houndoom or the Standard Scarf Houndoom; the Mixed set is OHKO'd).
Gardevoir more or less auto loses against Pursuit users, sadly. This makes Lead Spiritomb Gardevoir's worse match up (along with Lead Houndoom, which I think I've seen maybe once ) The best she can do is either try to "hurt" it with Shadow Ball or try to trick it in order to screw it over for the mid/late game, which isn't all that safe. Focus Blast could be put on her somewhere to patch this up, though you would lose something if you did. Something that she'll probably need as a lead alot more than the ability to kill the occasional UU Dark, at least as a lead. Outside of the lead position she'll have alot more room to be tailored to what you need her to do.

@FlameHeart

The EVs in her HP allows gives her a bit more bulk, enough to be able to even take a physical hit or two (I believe my friend's survived a Focus Punch + Aqua Jet off of sub punch Azumarill, which ain't bad ), max speed allows her to outrun as much as possible, and the rest go into special attack to allow her to hit as hard as possible. I'll be honest, I kinda winged her EVs 'cause I had no idea what I was doing with them, so there's gotta be room for improvement. Her current spread seems to work though and seemed to work better than another I had gotten.

@FlameHeart

The EVs in her HP allows gives her a bit more bulk, enough to be able to even take a physical hit or two (I believe my friend's survived a Focus Punch + Aqua Jet off of sub punch Azumarill, which ain't bad ), max speed allows her to outrun as much as possible, and the rest go into special attack to allow her to hit as hard as possible. I'll be honest, I kinda winged her EVs 'cause I had no idea what I was doing with them, so there's gotta be room for improvement. Her current spread seems to work though and seemed to work better than another I had gotten.
Ok. thanks. The only thing I can think of is that you don't need max speed to outrun everything. Max speed doesn't outrun anything spectacular. I can think of 3 speed numbers. 216 outspeed Timid Alakazam, 220 outspeeds standard Choice Scarf Venusaur, and 248 outspeeds Jolly Swellow. The extra EVs can be placed in Sp.Att to boost power. Again. Nice Gardervoir.

Ok. thanks. The only thing I can think of is that you don't need max speed to outrun everything. Max speed doesn't outrun anything spectacular. I can think of 3 speed numbers. 216 outspeed Timid Alakazam, 220 outspeeds standard Choice Scarf Venusaur, and 248 outspeeds Jolly Swellow. The extra EVs can be placed in Sp.Att to boost power. Again. Nice Gardervoir.
Hm... Those numbers sound pretty nice, so I'll send them to my friend to test the next time I talk to him. I have a question though, you mention outspeeding standard Choice Scarf Venusaur. What about other scarfers that max out their speed?

Just something I've been trying so far, minimally tested but it seems pretty promising.

Jynx'ed

As if you couldn't tell already, Jynx is a slut. What do sluts do best? F*ck people over. This Jynx is designed to be a lead that f*ck's over your opponent early in the match, giving the user a good advantage.

Why Jynx? Well Jynx is the only Pokemon with access to Trick/Switcheroo, a trapping move in Mean Look, and a semi accurate Sleep move (third best after Spore/ Dark Void and tied with Sleep Powder). Tied in with this it's great Speed (Base 95) that allows it to tie with many other common leads (Uxie most notably) and outspeed with a Choice Scarf equipped, Jynx has no problem getting rid of her item and allowing set up.

The Aim? To cripple as many Pokemon as possible and at the end allow a free turn for Jynx's partner to set up SD/DD/SR/Spikes.

The Set
Jynx (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 102 HP/252 Def/156 Spe
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Trick
- Mean Look
- Lovely Kiss
- Signal Beam/ Shadow Ball/ Psychic/ Ice Beam/ Heal Bell/ Wish/ Protect/ Light Screen/ Reflect etc
---
How it works: Basically you trick your Choice Scarf the first chance you get, essentially crippling the recipient. If they're locked into Stealth Rock, like many will be, you can expect a switch. From here, you Mean Look their counter, preventing escape. Most likely counters will be Dark types who aim to get rid of Jynx quickly. If this is the case Jynx can fire off a Lovely Kiss without much to fear, as she outspeeds all Dark types in the tier bar Drapion and Houndoom. Excepting an untimely miss, two Pokemon should now be crippled, allowing Jynx a free turn to switch to her partner, who can then proceed to set up whatever it is your team needs. Your final slot is basically whatever you need to cover, and can even allow Jynx to set up herself thanks to her good support movepool.

The Spread: Affords Jynx some Defensive bulk to counteract the physical nature of many leads, most notably Ambipom. The speed allows Jynx to outspeed Max+ Base 115's with a Choice Scarf ensuring she at least gets rid of her item. If your worried about tying with Max+ Houndoom and Drapion you can change the spread to Timid/ 252 Spe, ensuring at least a tie, although Jynx becomes significantly frailer as a result.

This lead does have its problems, most notably Spiritomb. Thankfully it's not that common. If anybody wants to give a critique, go ahead. As I've said, I've not really tested it much.

I thought of a pretty cool Clefable set actually. It doubles as a counter/wall for Special Threats in the early game and it is a great setup attacker.

CHARGEBURN CLEFABLE
EVS: 252 HP/ 58 SPatk/ 200 SpDef
Nature: Bold
Item@Flame Orb
Trick
Charge Beam
Ice Beam
Softboiled

This Clefable has two uses as a Special Wall and pseudo sweeper. The Game starts out with switching Clefable in on Special Attacks and scouting its counters while inturn activating its flame orb. With flame orb activated Clefable becomes one of the best Venusaur switchins in the game with its immunity to sleep powder and leech seed and its ability to set up on it with charge beam and eventually kill it with ice beam. If the opponent switches to a fighting type, you will have to switch because of Clefable's obvious physical fighting weakness. However, later, she can take her vengeance when you predict their switch to the fighting type and trick your flame orb to it thereby crippling it. If the fighting type move does little enough, then you can attempt to retrieve your item back with another trick. Although it has flame orb, having a physically defensive ghost type counterpart never hurts. The best option is Spiritomb with its ability to switch into Sub Encore Alakazams and pursuit them to death since they have the possibility of carrying powerful focus blasts that Clefable cannot take that well. Spiritomb can also attempt to cripple powerful physical sweepers with will-o-wisp, letting Clefable save its flame orb for a status cure sweeper like resttalk Poliwrath (does that even exist?) and DD Heal Bell Altaria as well as the slim possibility of Restalk Curse Lickilicky.

@elchupo: Congratulations. You've somehow made Jynx creep me out even more. The only one that creeps me even more than Jynx is Mr. Mime, because it reminds me of a mime and a clown at the same time, both of which really scare me. But that's beside the point. Your set looks good, but I would have to see it in battle to see how effective it is. Still, I like how you have a plan for when Dark-types come in, while leaving some room for creativity. Personally, I would choose Ice Beam in the last slot to give Jynx an attacking move to work off of. However, Ambipom can pose problems. When you Trick Choice Scarf to it, it locks Ambipom in the move that it chooses after it's been Tricked, not into Fake Out. This problem can also be translated into some other leads too. Additionally, Spiritomb is more common than you think, so watch out. Other than that, good job!

@calentaros: Interesting set. It has some potential, especially since it can fulfill two roles at once (three if you include status absorber). However, if Blaziken switches in, Flame Orb isn't going to hurt it at all. Good job, though.

Just something I've been trying so far, minimally tested but it seems pretty promising.

The Spread: Affords Jynx some Defensive bulk to counteract the physical nature of many leads, most notably Ambipom. The speed allows Jynx to outspeed Max+ Base 115's with a Choice Scarf ensuring she at least gets rid of her item. If your worried about tying with Max+ Houndoom and Drapion you can change the spread to Timid/ 252 Spe, ensuring at least a tie, although Jynx becomes significantly frailer as a result.

This lead does have its problems, most notably Spiritomb. Thankfully it's not that common. If anybody wants to give a critique, go ahead. As I've said, I've not really tested it much.
[/CENTER]
[/LEFT]
[/CENTER]
Yeah, about that... Jynx has 65 / 35 / 95 for base stats in it's Defenses and Hp, it doesn't matter if you invest in a 35 Defense. It is still horrible, so you might as well max out speed and go with Timid to tie with Houndoom and Drapion.

Anyway, that is the most slashed in moves I think I have ever seen in my life, and that is awesome. And I also like the entire concept, but some logs would be helpful in further criticism of this set. To see if you really could disable two mons before Jynx dies consistently.

@elchupo: Congratulations. You've somehow made Jynx creep me out even more. The only one that creeps me even more than Jynx is Mr. Mime, because it reminds me of a mime and a clown at the same time, both of which really scare me. But that's beside the point. Your set looks good, but I would have to see it in battle to see how effective it is. Still, I like how you have a plan for when Dark-types come in, while leaving some room for creativity. Personally, I would choose Ice Beam in the last slot to give Jynx an attacking move to work off of. However, Ambipom can pose problems. When you Trick Choice Scarf to it, it locks Ambipom in the move that it chooses after it's been Tricked, not into Fake Out. This problem can also be translated into some other leads too. Additionally, Spiritomb is more common than you think, so watch out. Other than that, good job!

@calentaros: Interesting set. It has some potential, especially since it can fulfill two roles at once (three if you include status absorber). However, if Blaziken switches in, Flame Orb isn't going to hurt it at all. Good job, though.
Yeah, about that... Jynx has 65 / 35 / 95 for base stats in it's Defenses and Hp, it doesn't matter if you invest in a 35 Defense. It is still horrible, so you might as well max out speed and go with Timid to tie with Houndoom and Drapion.

Anyway, that is the most slashed in moves I think I have ever seen in my life, and that is awesome. And I also like the entire concept, but some logs would be helpful in further criticism of this set. To see if you really could disable two mons before Jynx dies consistently.
Thanks for the input. I plan to test it more extensively soon but I'm having problems deciding who should be Jynx's partner.

Another thing that occurred to me was that many of the problems this set faces is the fact that it is a lead. If it was saved for mid game when the opponents team could be scouted better it could mean Jynx's partner has a better chance of sweeping.

So I'm going to test it further in both the lead slot and mid game. So any suggestions on who she should be paired with for both?

The lead should obviously be paired with something that could set up SR/ Spikes/ Screens etc. For mid game, obviously it should be a setup sweeper who only really needs one turn of set up to be threatening, so I was thinking NP Houndoom, NP/SD Toxicroak, or SD Feraligatr.

Any ideas?

I personally like Sunny Day Life Orb Victreebel w/ Solarbeam, Weather Ball and Return. It's got heavy firepower and if it's mid-game it's less likely your opponent can interrupt a sweep. You're also setting up Sunny Day for potentially other users, like Arcanine or Tangrowth.

SD Quick feet ursaring. 2HKO's the whole tier with Close Combat, Crunch, and Facade. Swords Dance on the switch, dominate on the next turn. Few can outrun him. I also recomend using perish song in the last moveslot. Less experienced players will try to stay in, so you might as well trap and kill them.

For the lead set Registeel resists all of Jynx's weaknesses except for Fire, which can be remedied by throwing a Milotic or other bulky water in there. That creates a good defensive core and hopefully you already have a bulky Water in the first place because of their popularity in UU. Regi also carries Stealth Rock and Thunderwave to slow down would be counters to Jynx and/or your unboosted late game sweeper.

Oh and all of your listed sweepers look good, but don't forget DD Feraligatr.

Nails

Double Threat
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Venusaur Lure Milotic

Milotic (M) @ Wise Glasses
Ability: Marvel Scale
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Toxic / Hidden Power Grass/Electric
- Recover

This Milotic is built to beat one of its top counters in UU, and one of the biggest threats in general while still serving the purposes of bulky water-ing. It takes advantage of the fact that Milotic actually has a higher speed than Venusaur, even though the stat is rarely used. Some calcs:

328 SpA Milotic (Wise Glasses) vs 301 HP 236 SpA Venusaur (Standard Offensive set)

Surf - 71 - 84 / 23.5% - 27.8%
Ice Beam - 190 - 224 / 62.9% - 74.2%
Surf + Ice Beam - 261 - 312 / 86.4% - 102%

This means that with Stealth rock or 1 layer of spikes you have a 98.5% chance of killing a Venusaur that has taken no residual damage. With more than 1 layer or if it's taken more than 3 points of residual damage it's a 100% chance. With Leftovers recovery factored in along with Stealth Rock, you still have a 60% chance to kill Venusaur.

Wise Glasses has certain advantages over other options. It provides all of the power that is needed to kill Venu without the recoil of Life Orb and still boosts Surf's damage output, unlike NeverMeltIce/Icicle Plate (although this does kill Venusaur through leftovers much more frequently). Wise Glasses also has the benefit of making people mispredict when they don't see recoil or healing allowing you to bluff a choice set.

The moveset is pretty simple. Surf is your generic STAB and strongest attack when hitting neutrally. Ice beam is a standard coverage move, and the reason Milotic is used to kill Venu. Toxic can be used to take advantage of bulky waters who switch into your set, as things like Milotic and Slowbro dislike Toxic much more than a super effective Hidden Power. Recover is a fantastic move on Milotic, allowing it to be a bulky water.

This set struggles with things normal bulky Milotic struggles with along with a few more. Due to the lowered defenses and lack of leftovers, it has trouble switching into strong physical attacks repeatedly compared to max/max milotic. It also lacks the power to ko bulky Venusaurs who can then respond back with Sleep Powder or Leaf Storm/Energy Ball, all of which cripple Milo. However, if they don't take enough (less than ~23%, which is the maximum 252 HP/0 SpD Venu takes; 252/252 Venu takes 18% Max) damage from the Surf as they switch in, you can switch out, and next time they switch in they'll be worn down enough from hazards to be koed.

Please tell me what you think, bonus points if you read the entire post.

I've been using a modified version of the Physical Wall set recently, and it's fared surprisingly well. It is more concentrated on stopping Physical sweepers in their paths than just threatening them like the Physical Wall, although it has a couple of other uses, too.

Weezing@Leftovers
Levitate
Impish Nature
252 HP/4 Atk/252 Def
-Will-o-Wisp
-Pain Split
-Taunt
-Explosion

Will-o-Wisp is mandatory on this set, as it is Weezing's key to crippling Physical sweepers, while Pain Split helps to keep Weezing alive, as well as shortening the enemy's lifespan between Pain Split and Burn damage. However, sweepers can set up Substitute, and they will be free to set up while Weezing can't hit them with Will-o-Wisp and Pain Split. This is where Taunt shines. Taunt goes through Substitute, stopping the enemy from using boosting moves like Swords Dance and Bulk Up. Additionally, Taunt helps to turn Weezing into an annoyance for stall teams, stopping them from using moves like Rest, Toxic, and Roar, while turning the tides and stalling them with Will-o-Wisp and Pain Split. Explosion allows Weezing to go out with a bang, potentially catching a switch-in and badly hurting or killing them. Unfortunately, the sweepers behind the subs will not be harmed by the blast, losing only their cover, but this allows teammates to come in and finish them off.

Flashrider, er...why aren't you using an attacking move? Using Pain Split and Explosion is like...using Rest and Selfdestruct Snorlax.

Taunt, ironically, shuts that Weezing down. Er, imo, Weezing is a bit too slow to use Taunt effectively.

Flashrider, er...why aren't you using an attacking move? Using Pain Split and Explosion is like...using Rest and Selfdestruct Snorlax.

Taunt, ironically, shuts that Weezing down. Er, imo, Weezing is a bit too slow to use Taunt effectively.
I've noted the irony about Taunt. Anyway, this set is supposed to stop Physical Sweepers in their paths, rather than kill them, although it does a good job of screwing up the opponent with Taunt and Will-o-Wisp, plus also messes up Stall teams. Pain Split keeps Weezing alive by draining away the enemy's health. Taunt helps Weezing check many boosting sweepers, including SubPlot Missy, which I've found that many like to switch in to my Weezing, hoping for a free set-up (It might just be me, though...). Explosion takes out many Pokemon who try to switch in, such as Milotic. I've tried Thunderbolt over Explosion before, but I didn't have much luck with it at all. Fire Blast>Explosion=Houndoom and Arcanine bait.

Nails

Double Threat
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
i have to agree with dark on this one, you need an attack without 100% recoil even something with awful coverage like sludge bomb works here. just something to break subs, as a physical poke with sub/setup move is still setting up even though it's taunted (you switch in on the sub, taunt as they stat up, and then boom killing their sub while you're down 6-5).

Jynx'ed

As if you couldn't tell already, Jynx is a slut. What do sluts do best? F*ck people over. This Jynx is designed to be a lead that f*ck's over your opponent early in the match, giving the user a good advantage.

Why Jynx? Well Jynx is the only Pokemon with access to Trick/Switcheroo, a trapping move in Mean Look, and a semi accurate Sleep move (third best after Spore/ Dark Void and tied with Sleep Powder). Tied in with this it's great Speed (Base 95) that allows it to tie with many other common leads (Uxie most notably) and outspeed with a Choice Scarf equipped, Jynx has no problem getting rid of her item and allowing set up.

The Aim? To cripple as many Pokemon as possible and at the end allow a free turn for Jynx's partner to set up SD/DD/SR/Spikes.

The Set
Jynx (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 102 HP/252 Def/156 Spe
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Trick
- Mean Look
- Lovely Kiss
- Signal Beam/Shadow Ball/ Psychic/ Ice Beam/ Heal Bell/ Wish/ Protect/ Light Screen/ Reflect etc
---
How it works: Basically you trick your Choice Scarf the first chance you get, essentially crippling the recipient. If
they're locked into Stealth Rock, like many will be, you can expect a switch.
From here, you Mean Look their counter, preventing escape. Most likely counters will be Dark types who aim to get rid of Jynx quickly. If this is the case Jynx can fire off a Lovely Kiss without much to fear, as she outspeeds all Dark types in the tier bar Drapion and Houndoom. Excepting an untimely miss, two Pokemon should now be crippled, allowing Jynx a free turn to switch to her partner, who can then proceed to set up whatever it is your team needs. Your final slot is basically whatever you need to cover, and can even allow Jynx to set up herself thanks to her good support
movepool.

The Spread: Affords Jynx some Defensive bulk to counteract the physical
nature of many leads, most notably Ambipom. The speed allows Jynx to outspeed Max+ Base 115's with a Choice Scarf ensuring she at least gets rid of her item. If your worried about tying with Max+ Houndoom and Drapion you can change the spread to Timid/ 252 Spe,
ensuring at least a tie, although Jynx becomes significantly frailer as a result.

This lead does have its problems, most notably Spiritomb. Thankfully it's not that common. If anybody
wants to give a critique, go ahead. As I've said, I've not really tested it much.
Tested in 4 UU battles.
This thing's not just a slut. It's a nasty, trashy [garden tool]

That Jynx is pretty good, since more likely than not you'll be taking a Focus Sash from the opponent, meaning you can survive even the attacks of the Houndoom/Drapion and get off a Lovely Kiss. It does make your Jynx useless for the rest of the match (assuming SR is up), but then it can be used as death fodder later on, and it seems worth it to shut down two Pokemon.

This is mainly for NU, but I've experimented with a Charizard anti-lead that works quite well for me so far in NU.

Charizard @ Focus Sash/Lum Berry
Mild Nature- Blaze
252 Spa/ 252 Atk/ 4 Spe

Fire Blast
HP Grass
Earthquake
Quick Attack

Look somewhat familiar? This could be considered to be the NU version of mixed Anti-lead Nite. Fire Blast and Hidden Power Grass combined hit most of the common NU leads hard, and the combination of these moves and Quick Attack is usually unexpected. The only leads that give Charizard a lot of trouble in NU are Venomoth and Butterfree (non-Lum) and Scarf Primeape (non-Sash)

This is mainly for NU, but I've experimented with a Charizard anti-lead that works quite well for me so far in NU.

Charizard @ Focus Sash/Lum Berry
Mild Nature- Blaze
252 Spa/ 252 Atk/ 4 Spe

Fire Blast
HP Grass
Earthquake
Quick Attack

Look somewhat familiar? This could be considered to be the NU version of mixed Anti-lead Nite. Fire Blast and Hidden Power Grass combined hit most of the common NU leads hard, and the combination of these moves and Quick Attack is usually unexpected. The only leads that give Charizard a lot of trouble in NU are Venomoth and Butterfree (non-Lum) and Scarf Primeape (non-Sash)
I just checked, and I'm pretty sure there's no way for Charizard to learn Quick Attack. Typhlosion and Blaziken do though.

Nails

Double Threat
There was a gen 3 event charmander at level 40 that comes with quick attack.

That said, the charizard needs protect, fake out leads rape it. It does look pretty solid though.

Edit: Earthquake does nothing for its coverage, hp grass hits rocks and fire blast hits steels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)