Tournament NeverUsed Premier League V - Week 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quite Quiet

I need a kitchen knife that doesn't whisper to me
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TFP Leader

No art credits because reasons

And the competition continues...

Remember, Activity wins are only based on VM activity. No VM contact - No Activity Win!

vs

Vibrant Vivillons (3) vs (5) The Krusty Krabs
SM1: qsns vs Hootie
SM2: TDK vs Kiyo
SM3 Gunner Rohan vs Lax
ORAS: Eternally vs Tangelo
BW2: Void vs Shuckleking87
DPP: idiotfrommars vs Bughouse
ADV: Pearl vs Oglemi
Bo3: rozes vs Finchinator

vs

Headass Houndooms (5) vs (2) Rowdy Rampardos
SM1: blunder vs BOUFF
SM2: Poek vs Evan.
SM3 KratosMana vs -Tsunami-
ORAS: Lednah vs Pokedots
BW2: ict vs Zebraiken
DPP: SOMALIA vs M Dragon
ADV: Hogg vs Heysup
Bo3: FLCL vs Level 56

vs

Money Maker Musharnas (5) vs (3) The Superior Samurotts
SM1: Raseri vs AJB
SM2: Realistic Waters vs Kingler12345
SM3 meepsvictory vs Dundies
ORAS: Blast vs Shaneghoul
BW2: NotNova vs rob.
DPP: The Real Elmo vs Honko
ADV: Megazard vs Disjunction
Bo3: HJAD vs Jarii

vs

Listless Lilligants (6) vs (2) Plopping Pelippers
SM1: Laurens vs Teddeh
SM2: Sacri' vs Hikari
SM3 Zamrock vs PrinceLucian
ORAS: Shadowtags vs Christo
BW2: soulgazer vs Dangerous
DPP: Tricking vs amber lamps
ADV: Kushalos vs Sam
Bo3: The Goomy vs ADVANTAGE

Scheduled matches can be found here. Players please use this to notify us when you play.
DEADLINE: July 16th 11:59 PM EDT (GMT-4)
NO EXTENSIONS!!

Please let me know if I made any mistakes.

Last edited:
Vibrant Vivillons (4-4) The Krusty Krabs
SM1: qsns 40-60 Hootie - Hootie impressed week 1 with a different build to what everyone was spamming. I think he has the advantage teambuilding wise of qsns, which is why i think he will clutch
SM2: TDK 40-60 Kiyo - Kiyo didnt play amazin vs Jarii w1 but i think this week will be perfect for him to get his nupl underway vs someone who isnt as experienced as him in NU
SM3 Gunner Rohan 45-55 Lax - advantage lax because i felt he played good with his back against the wall vs fatty, altho, is ur back ever against the wall with cofag?
ORAS: Eternally 60-40 Tangelo - impressed with Eternally w1, played well and looked like a real menace. tangy is solid tho, so any slip ups will be punished.
BW2: Void 45-55 Shuckleking87 - shucky has been around for ages, hes a veteran. void is a great player and will take him all the way if shucky wants to win
DPP: idiotfrommars 55-45 Bughouse - give ifm the advantage bcz of his experience in all gens, bughouse is solid, but ifm's experience at the top level should get him the win
ADV: Pearl 55-45 Oglemi - i give pearl the advantage purely because im sure hes desperate for this win. in a tier that isnt played so much, he will outprepare ogles and win this one.
Bo3: rozes 55-45 Finchinator - this is gonna be a very interesting match up. I have rozes winning sm, and finch winning bw2; with rozes winning the g3 oras match up. this will be super close because i dont think rozes will be able to match finchs solidarity in bw2 nu, but finch is more than capable of doing the same in newer gens if he prepares well enough. Overall, i think rozes will take this one, he will understand what is needed in both sm and oras, and clutch.

Headass Houndooms (3-5) Rowdy Rampardos
SM1: blunder 45-55 BOUFF - bouff will outprepare blunder now he knows somewhat how flcl will prepare his main men in sm. blunder played very well in w1, but i enjoy how bouff built for his week 1 match and if he can continue throughout this nupl, he will get a very handsome record at the end
SM2: Poek 45-55 Evan. - again, evan will be desperate as all hell to win this match. i expect him to come into the match with a well counterstyled team, but he needs to play better than he did vs eternally to get the win this week. patience is a virtue, and poek will punish any impatience.
SM3 KratosMana 49-51 -Tsunami- - mana's build was super creative, he did get unlucky vs lucian, i give the super slight advantage to shake purely because his team will give him the neccesary resources to win the match. This is definately one of the closer matches this week
ORAS: Lednah 40-60 Pokedots - i liked dots in w1, he should definately have the advantage vs a less experienced opponent
BW2: ict 45-55 Zebraiken - former bw2 nutl got unlucky vs void, and will want to correct that blemish on his record this week. ict is definately gonna make it close though, noone wins a gslam legit if not for some pokemon skill so i expect a contest, with zeb the eventual winner
DPP: SOMALIA 55-45 M Dragon - my nigga somalia will wanna put that week 1 game behind him, i reckon mdragon will focus his efforts elsewhere this week, leaving there a prime opening for somalia to take this one
ADV: Hogg 55-45 Heysup - im a huge fan of hogg in old gen's, heysup is a good opponent, but hogg is fantastic and i expect him to take this one
Bo3: FLCL 60-40 Level 56 - fooly played incredible vs tennis w1, with his back against the wall, we saw foresight that was incredible, he should beat level 56 in both sm and oras based on what i saw week 1.

Listless Lilligants (5-3) Plopping Pelippers
SM1: Laurens 40-60 Teddeh - new meta with a million balance breakers? teddeh might have struggled at first, but will come back this week with the win, he knows how to win, balanced meta or not.
SM2: Sacri' 60-40 Tony - sacri is a fantastic player, period. he won nu open against all the odds, all the people building against him, using the people around him. He has a great team to validate his builds against, and with tony probably focusing on europes efforts in wcop, i predict sacri to win this convincingly
SM3 Zamrock 45-55 PrinceLucian - gotta back my mans lucian, played well from a position that was getting seemingly out of hand from his perspective, to collect a good win vs mana. i enjoyed his long term strategy, but zamrock has got more tour experience as well as a solid bunch of people to get teams from, and will make this game uncomfortable at the very least.
ORAS: Shadowtags 52-48 Christo - i love christo, and i think he is a fantastic player, really one of the best in nupl in my opinion, but i rate shadowtags so highly. I think what will happen is that shadowtags will have a slight advantage at team preview based on what ive seen of both players prep, and will carry that through the game, after christo makes a great meal of this one. This is definately one of the matches i wanna catch live!
BW2: soulgazer 60-40 Dangerous - prepping for sg is difficult, you know he has a crazy variety of great bw2 teams that he can call upon depending on what floats his boat. Dangerous won vs ict but not convincingly enough for me to warrant predicting an upset here. rik will need to pick a type of sg team he wants to counterstyle and bank on a great team preview if he wants a shot at this one imo
DPP: Tricking 55-45 amber lamps - my fidanzato is a super player. he knows dpp well, and i think he will come up with the goods against his fellow italian amberlamps. amber is a great player, but tricking probably has a better choice of teams as well as slightly more help for preparation in this tier.
ADV: Kushalos 55-45 Sam - im a massive fan of kush, hes a great player in any gen, any tier.
Bo3: The Goomy 48-52 ADVANTAGE - you already know tennis has been prepping his ass off to correct the wrongs of last week, he will play much more carefully this week because of what happened vs fooly. Goomy is arguebly the more talented player, but if there is a talent differential, tennis isn't that far away. This will be a fantastic mu between 2 great players. I have tennis taking sm, and the following oras game. If the game does go to a g3, i reckon the goomy will win it because of the lilligants superior bw2 talent building for him.

lets gooooooo musharnas!!

Last edited:

Rapture

I got so much time today
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
predicts n_n
Vibrant Vivillons vs The Krusty Krabs

SM1: qsns vs Hootie
SM2: TDK vs Kiyo
SM3 Gunner Rohan vs Lax
ORAS: Eternally vs Tangelo
BW2: Void vs Shuckleking87
DPP: idiotfrommars vs Bughouse
ADV: Pearl vs Oglemi
Bo3: rozes vs Finchinator - this will depend on whom takes oras

Money Maker Musharnas vs The Superior Samurotts

SM1: Raseri vs AJB
SM2: Realistic Waters vs col49
SM3 meepsvictory vs Dundies
ORAS: Blast vs Shaneghoul - shaneghoul has a slight advantage imo, def want to catch this live
BW2: NotNova vs rob.
DPP: The Real Elmo vs Honko
ADV: Megazard vs Disjunction
Bo3: HJAD vs Jarii - sike HJAD wins this every day of the year lol

Headass Houndooms vs Rowdy Rampardos

SM1: blunder vs BOUFF
SM2: Poek vs Evan.
SM3 KratosMana vs -Tsunami-
ORAS: Lednah vs Pokedots
BW2: ict vs Zebraiken
DPP: SOMALIA vs M Dragon
ADV: Hogg vs Heysup
Bo3: FLCL vs Level 56

The Goomy

Whitest Mexican Alive
Updated the scheduling doc to have week 2, please put your games in! https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...pk03lVXRb8xL3iQT-71rFsRIM/edit#gid=1509299709

Let's go Lilligants!

Vibrant Vivillons (4) vs The Krusty Krabs (4)

SM1: qsns vs Hootie - I have faith in qsns to comeback from last week and play well here
SM2: TDK vs Kiyo - Kiyo doesn't want to lose 2 in a row, lol
SM3 Gunner Rohan vs Lax - Super impressed with the performance last week, hopefully can keep it up here
ORAS: Eternally vs Tangelo - See above
BW2: Void vs Shuckleking87 - I think SK is very solid and Void was in the losing position last week, both good players
DPP: idiotfrommars vs Bughouse - ifm is very good
ADV: Pearl vs Oglemi - Is probably still active since it's week 2
Bo3: rozes (ORAS) vs Finchinator (SM, BW2) - super close matchup, hope rozes doesn't luck again

Money Maker Musharnas (4) vs The Superior Samurotts (4)

SM1: Raseri vs AJB - Raseri has been surprisingly solid in SM and isn't afraid to bring Vileplume
SM2: Realistic Waters vs col49 - best new gens NU player in the tournament
SM3 meepsvictory vs Dundies - One of the few players who brought an interesting team which shows he knows how to play around the meta
ORAS: Blast vs Shaneghoul - Idk if shane is the better player, but I think his style lends him to having a good matchup here
BW2: NotNova vs rob. - good player
DPP: The Real Elmo vs Honko - good player, know basically nothing about elmo other than last week's game
ADV: Megazard vs Disjunction - Dis did well last week and continues that here
Bo3: HJAD (SM/BW2) vs Jarii (ORAS) - HJAD is probably more solid across the board and will pull off 2

Headass Houndooms (5) vs Rowdy Rampardos (3)

SM1: blunder vs BOUFF - blunder will continue to bring broken mons and win
SM2: Poek vs Evan. - Poek is a super solid player and Evan has something to prove this week
SM3 KratosMana vs -Tsunami- - This matchup is wonderful and I am excited to see the flames produced from this match
ORAS: Lednah vs Pokedots - Better ORAS builders
BW2: ict vs Zebraiken - zeb wants redemption after last week
DPP: SOMALIA vs M Dragon - SOMALIA
ADV: Hogg vs Heysup - Heysup is an insanely good player in old gens
Bo3: FLCL (SM/ORAS/BW2) vs Level 56 - I think FLCL is simply too good and too consistent at Bo3 to ever be anything other than the favorite. I hope Level 56 brings some unique builds and pulls it out for the Rampardos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)