ORAS LC My Gen 6 LC Team

I would appreciate a rating, as I am not very experienced. Also, the EVS are weird because Pokémon Showdown is glitchy on my tablet.

Aipom @ Eviolite
Ability: Skill Link
Level: 5
EVs: 196 Atk / 236 Spe
Lonely Nature
- U-turn
- Fury Swipes
- Fake Out
- Hidden Power [Psychic]

Fake Out is an overall good move, especially taking advantage of that attack stat. U-Turn is a good alternative to the typical switch-out. HP Psychic helps take care of the Fighting-types this team struggles with. Also, Fury Swipes + Skill Link makes a guaranteed 5-hit, 135bp move with STAB included in that calculation.

Porygon @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 196 Def / 76 SpA / 156 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Hyper Beam
- Hidden Power [Psychic]
- Zen Headbutt
- Foul Play

A quiet nature assures that Porygon can fire off extremely powerful hits, tearing through teams like paper. Again, HP Psychic saves the Fighting weakness, also with a decent Special Attack stat to keep it up. Hyper Beam can basically OHKO anything in this tier. Foul Play is for those times when you need to get rid of a physical sweeper.

Voltorb @ Magnet
Ability: Static
EVs: 196 Atk / 196 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Volt Switch
- Explosion
- Wild Charge
- Signal Beam

Magnet powers up two strong moves for this suicidal Voltorb: Wild Charge and Volt Switch. Lonely Nature lets you get decent hits into your opponent physically, and removes the stat that Voltorb doesn't care about. To sweeten the deal, Signal Beam deals with those pesky Grass-types, and if you think you're gonna die, you can always hit the Explosion button.

Cranidos @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 156 Atk / 132 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Iron Head
- Bulldoze
- Protect

Cranidos has an absurd attack stat, the highest in LC. Using the power of Sheer Force and Life Orb, the attack stat is probably base 200, or 30 or something at level 5. Crunch does big damage, Iron Head does damage, so does Bulldoze. And with the boosted speed, he can outspeed quite a few sets.

Binacle @ Scope Lens
Ability: Sniper
EVs: 180 Atk / 68 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Grass Knot
- Cross Chop
- Protect
- Stone Edge

Oh, critical hits. This is a chancey set (no pun intended), but reward overpowers risk. Grass Knot can get rid of a few Ground/Water weaknesses spread throughout the team. Cross Chop crits a lot. So does Stone Edge. Protect is a great move when you don't know what else to put on a Pokémon.

Shroomish @ Leftovers
Ability: Quick Feet
EVs: 196 Def / 116 SpA / 196 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Toxic
- Protect
- Leech Seed
- Giga Drain

Stall. Toxic deals poison damage. Leech Seed saps life. Protect stalls. Giga Drain recovers. Defense stats defend. I'm running out of things to say. I gave it Effect Spore since I feel it might take a few physical hits. That's... basically all I have to say. Have I filled 3 lines yet?

Copied from Pokémon Showdown.

Last edited by a moderator:
A few issues fixable problems:
1. Life Orb > Eviolite on Aipom, for more strength
2. Tri Attack > Hyper Beam, Psychic > HP Psychic, Recover > Zen Headbutt, and T-Bolt > Foul Play for Porygon
3. Eviolite > LO on Porygon for added bulk, and it can hit plenty hard otherwise
4. Scarfed Chinchou > Voltorb, as it hits a higher speed tier and can deal with Diglett
5. Stone Edge > Crunch on Cranidos, because you need some STAB
6. Shell Smash Omanyte > Binacle, as it's more consistent with its strength
7. Foongus > Shroomish, as it's bulkier and has access to more consistent recovery: Regenerator and Giga Drain
8. (sorry that it's out of order) Brick Break > HP Psychic on Aipom, to deal with Pawniard

Also, please note: if you want to carry this team into Gen VII, Porygon is banned. Thanks for reading :)
Also, an EV guide:
EV Spreads and Stats
One of the biggest differences between LC and other metagames is the effect of EVs on stats. The maximum number of EVs a Pokemon can have is still 510, and the maximum in any one stat of a Pokemon is also still 252, but a few other things change. Base stats are less decisive in determining the final stat of a Pokemon; the range of stats at level 5 is not nearly as wide as it is at level 100. For example, Wingull has base 85 Speed and Abra has base 90 Speed. For Abra, achieving 19 speed takes a Speed-boosting nature and 196 EVs; for Wingull, it takes a Speed-boosting nature and 236 EVs.

At level 100, it takes 4 EVs to boost a stat by one point, but in LC, it takes a whopping 80 EVs. As with every rule, this too has an exception: the number of EVs necessary for the first stat point increase depends on the Pokemon's base stat. Going back to the previous example, Wingull's base Speed stat ends in a 5, so it takes 76 EVs to raise the stat by one point, 156 EVs to raise it by another, and 236 EVs to reach its maximum. Abra's base Speed stat ends in a 0, so it takes 36 EVs to raise it by one point, 116 to raise it by another, and 196 EVs to max it out. Below are the number of EVs a Pokemon must invest to increase its stats based on the number that its base stats end in:

Base stat ending / EVs required for stat gain
xx0 / 36 /116 / 196 EVs
xx1 / 28 / 108 / 188 EVs
xx2 / 20 / 100 / 180 EVs
xx3 / 12 / 92 / 172 / 252 EVs
xx4 / 4 / 84 / 164 / 244 EVs
xx5 / 76 / 156 / 236 EVs
xx6 / 68 / 148 / 228 EVs
xx7 / 60 / 140 / 220 EVs
xx8 / 52 / 132 / 212 EVs
xx9 / 44 / 124 / 204 EVs

Pokemon with base stats ending in 3 or 4 can increase their stats four times with their EVs. For example, Magby's base Speed is 83; with a Speed-boosting nature and 0 EVs, it has a Speed stat of 15. With just 12 EVs, it can reach 16, and with 252 EVs, it can reach the 19 Speed. If Magby had a base Speed stat of 82, it would still start at a Speed stat of 15, but it would only be able to reach a maximum Speed stat of 18 through investing 180 EVs.

IVs can also slightly alter stats in LC; everything previously mentioned applies in most cases, where IVs are presumed to be 31. For every IV point missing, your Pokemon needs 4 more EVs to increase the stat point. For example, 30 IVs in Magby's Speed would not allow it to hit 19 Speed, as it would need 256 EVs to max out, but the maximum number of EVs for a single stat is 252.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)