SM UU My First RMT [UU]

Introduction

Hello everyone, my name is Trevisan and this is the first time I post on RMT. This is the team I am currently using on UU and it is built around some of my favorite pokémons. It is an offensive team and it has been pretty successful so far :)

Teambuilding Process

Venomoth is my Z-Move user and it is an amazing Sweeper, using Sleep Powder and then Quiver Dance to boost it's stats. The ability Tinted Lens also severely limits it's checks.

I love Milotic because of it's bulkiness and surprisingly it is one of the most efficient components of this team. Because of it's bulk it can face many threatening pokémons.

Serperior is my Offensive Grass-type and it is a late-game Sweeper.

I chose Talonflame for this spot because of its Fire and Flying STAB attacks, it also uses Swords Dance to boost itself which lets it be an useful Sweeper.

Reuniclus boosts itself with Calm Mind and together with it's bulkiness, Magic Guard, and Recover it becomes a very hard to break pokémon.

As a complement there is Hydreigon being used as an Offensive Defog, with powerful STAB attacks and the ability to remove entry hazards.

In Depth Overview

Kamiki (Venomoth) (M) @ Buginium Z
Ability: Tinted Lens
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Bug Buzz
- Quiver Dance
- Sleep Powder
- Sludge Bomb
Sleep Powder is the first move to be used so that it gives the opportunity to set up. Bug Buzz is a powerful STAB attack and although it relies a little bit on the Quiver Dance, after the boost it deals significant amounts of damage to most of the metagame, and with the Buginium Z, it's Savage Spin-Out is capable of OHKOing Gliscor, Scizor, Terrakion, and Nidoking at +1, which can all otherwise tank a boosted Bug Buzz. Sludge Bomb is useful for covering Fairy-types like Primarina and Togekiss.

Juno (Milotic) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Cute Charm
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Confuse Ray
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Scald
Usually it goes out first because of it's high bulk. With this set, the ability Cute Charm (works sometimes) and the Confuse Ray (usually the first move I use) works as tools to possibly immobilize it's opponent (it is also very annoying for the foe). Scald is the main STAB attack and Ice Beam is used to counter some Grass-type pokémons. Recover keeps Milotic healthy through the match. Leftovers is used for further sustain.

Jupiter (Serperior) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Leech Seed
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Substitute
Pretty standard Serperior here... Contrary boosts the Special Attack every time it uses Leaf Storm. Leech Seed allows Serperior to wear down its common checks like Alolan Muk and Latias while regaining health. Substitute lets Serperior scout for switch-ins, avoid status ailments, and whittle away at foes as much as possible with Leech Seed. Hidden Power Fire hits Steel-, Bug-, and Grass-types such as Doublade, Scizor, Heracross, and opposing Serperior super effectively. However, Serperior needs a boost from Leaf Storm to OHKO Scizor and 2HKO Doublade and Heracross. Leftovers is used for sustain.

Ifritah (Talonflame) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Roost
- Swords Dance
Swords Dance is used to boost it's attack so it can cause heavy damage. Brave Bird is the main STAB move which haves +1 priority when Talonflame is at full health thanks to Gale Wings. Flare Blitz allows Talonflame to break past Steel and Electric-types that resist Flying. Roost is used to sustain itself. Life Orb is used to increase damage.

Minerva (Reuniclus) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Shadow Ball
Calm Mind boosts Reuniclus's Special Attack and Special Defense. Psyshock is Reuniclus's main STAB attack for it's usage on breaking special walls, such as Blissey, more easily. Shadow Ball grants Reuniclus a way of hitting Psychic and Ghost-types on the switch. Recover is reliable and instant recovery, which helps Reuniclus remain healthy for long periods of time. Leftovers is for further sustain.

Thanatos (Hydreigon) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Roost
Defog can be used to reliably remove entry hazards from the field. Draco Meteor is a powerful STAB attack that can be used to plow through Pokemon that can tank a Dark Pulse. Roost is a form of recovery that allows Hydreigon to frequently sustain itself. Dark Pulse is a consistent and powerful STAB attack that Hydreigon can liberally spam throughout the match. Life Orb is used to increase damage.

Conclusion

What do you guys think? Is there any way I can improve it? I really like using it because it's pretty straightforward but I want it to be as effective as possible. Thanks for reading it!

Timid Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Quiver Dance
- Sleep Powder
- Sludge Bomb

Juno (Milotic) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Cute Charm
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Confuse Ray
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Scald

Jupiter (Serperior) (M) @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Leech Seed
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Substitute

Ifritah (Talonflame) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Minerva (Reuniclus) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Shadow Ball

Thanatos (Hydreigon) (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Roost

Hey there man and welcome in the best tier aka Underused :]

I'll be frank your team is really strange and I do think you can change a few things to upgrade it.
Firstable you should definitively take another Defogger because both Talonflame and Venomoth are weak to Stealth Rock (and particularly the first one). Also, a lot of your Pokemon are low in the UU Viability Ranking which means that they need some support to be as good as possible.

Since your starting point is Venomoth I think we can make something decent with it.

Firstable if you want a Bulky water type in UU there is a plethora of Pokemon which are better than Milotic like Seismitoad, Mantine, Swampert, Primarina, Empoleon, Suicune, Tentacruel or even Volcanion.
Because you didn't have any Hazard Setters on your team and your Hazard Control is kinda bad, Pokemon like Mantine, Swampert, Seismitoad or Empoleon (really good with Venomoth in my opinion cuz' it can deals with Psychic, Rock or Flying Pokemon which are annoying for Venomoth) will be a great addition to your team.
Serperior is a really good Pokemon and works well with Venomoth (they both weakened Steel Type for each other).
I think you should change the last 3 Pokemon too (or change Hydreigon's set). Venomoth is pretty good in late game which means you need to weaken your opponent's Pokemon. As I said it before, a Pokemon with Stealth Rock is almost an obligation when you build a team.
Since you need something to deal with Fire / Flying, you could paired Pokemon like Rhyperior and Tentacruel or Swampert and Empoleon together. They will help a lot your Venomoth.

Rhyperior (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 16 Def / 220 SpD / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic / Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch / Stone Edge

-----------------------------------------------

Tentacruel (F) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Haze
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald

OR

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Haze
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic / Roar
- Scald
- Earthquake

Empoleon @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 76 Def / 184 SpD
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Roar / Ice Beam / Knock Off
- Toxic / Ice Beam / Knock Off
- Scald

OR

Empoleon (M) @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 208 HP / 252 SpA / 48 Spe
Modest Nature
- Defog
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot

You can keep your Hydreigon and play it with Choice Scarf. That will bring some Speed control to your team and also some Momentum with U-Turn.
Finnaly (Venomoth / Serperior / Sr Setters / Hazard Control / Scarf Hydreigon) you can put a Physical sweeper like Scizor and if you didn't play Empoleon, a Pokemon that can deal with Dragon Type will be useful too (Altaria-Mega, Aggron-Mega or even Klefki which gives you more Hazards with Spikes).

Hydreigon (M) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe OR 152 HP / 252 Atk / 12 SpD / 92 Spe
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Pursuit / Knock Off

OR

Scizor @ Iron Plate / Lum Berry / Leftovers
EVs: 152 HP / 252 Atk / 12 SpD / 92 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost / Superpower / Quick Attack
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch

Altaria-Mega (F) @ Altarianite
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe OR 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe (with Adamant or Jolly nature)
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Facade / Return
- Earthquake / Refresh or Heal Bell (don't play Refresh or Heal Bell if you have Facade)

Aggron-Mega (M) @ Aggronite
Ability: Filter
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Heavy Slam

OR

Aggron-Mega (M) @ Aggronite
Ability: Filter
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic / Curse
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake / Fire Punch

(if you play with Sr Aggron-Mega then you can change Rhyperior / Swampert for something else)

Klefki (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 36 Def / 216 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic
- Magnet Rise / Thunder Wave
- Play Rough

I hope that I was able to help you :]
If you need more assistant and/or other advice, feel free to ask !

Last edited:

vivalospride

can’t rest in peace cause they diggin me
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Hey! I think Venomoth is a pokemon that is a lot of fun. Moutemoute did a great job, but I wanted to give some of my thoughts and see what I could do for this team as well. Just to emphasize, the fact that your team has no rocks is a big nono, Stealth Rock is way too good of a move because of the residual damage throughout the game. For the future, make sure you have rocks on your team, they're a staple for pretty much every playstyle in every metagame n_n... and as Moute said, this team is filled with mons in the low C - low B range on the vr, so it's just a little clunky and awkward. Aside from that, Milotic in general is outclassed by the billion other bulky waters the tier we have (Alo, pert, Quag, etc.), and regardless of that Milotic doesn't seem to fit on this team that's otherwise very offense heavy. The team in general is filled with suboptimal and niche sets, it sort of feels like you took 5 or 6 pokemon that you wanted to build around and put them all on the same team, just generally uncomfortable. Anyways, let's get to this.

Aight so we're gonna strip this team down quite a bit, down to the Venomoth and the Hydreigon.

- After the moth and drei, CB Scizor is coming thru because of the goat pivot core of Scizor + Drei, Pursuit support for Lati, psychic resist, and a means of dealing with rock types which moth struggles with.
Scizor @ Choice Band
EVs: 164 HP / 252 Atk / 92 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Pursuit

- Rhyperior comes in as your rocks setter for the squad, it gives a fire resist on a team with 2 bugs, and most importantly a flying resist and Mega Manectric answer. Ice Punch also helps the Gliscor matchup a lot. The evs are just packing as much into HP and Spdef while being able to OHKO offensive Scizor after rocks and a Superpower w/ 36+ atk. A lot of shit packed into one pokemon here.
Rhyperior @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Atk / 220 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake

- Mowtom is here as kinda a jank but functional attempt at role compression, this is a moth team and hazard control is something that moth appreciates, I wanted to have a fogger/spinner that could fog/spin on steels, but at the same time not fuck up the bulky water/ground matchup. Mowtom was really the only thing that could come to mind, I suppose you could go for Tenta with T-Spikes but it'll be significantly more difficult to break shit like Swampert.
Rotom-Mow @ Iapapa Berry
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Leaf Storm
- Defog

- Togekiss is here as a Scizor lure, Venomoth is so fuckin frail and fr just drops to offensive Scizor Bullet Punches, and the team in general has a somewhat difficult time dealing with Scizor, the only real way for me to make the Scizor matchup AND Hydreigon matchup not shit, was use Babiri Togekiss w/ Flamethrower :], it's a fun set that's definitely been seeing some usage recently.
Togekiss @ Babiri Berry
Ability: Serene Grace
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Air Slash
- Flamethrower
- Roost

- Nothing big here, just changed the Hydreigon set to Scarf as a means of speed control and pivot core with Scizor :].
Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- U-turn
- Fire Blast

Timid Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Quiver Dance
- Sleep Powder
- Sludge Bomb

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- U-turn
- Fire Blast

Scizor @ Choice Band
EVs: 164 HP / 252 Atk / 92 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Pursuit

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake

Rotom-Mow @ Iapapa Berry
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Leaf Storm
- Defog

Togekiss @ Babiri Berry
Ability: Serene Grace
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Air Slash
- Flamethrower
- Roost

Overall I tried to take as offensive of a path as possible with this team, but with Venomoth you kinda just need a flying resist n shit you know, regardless I think this is a much more optimal take on the moth, Now if you want moth to work with Prima and Serp, I'll try my best here.

- So looking at prima + serp + moth, it struggles with Scizor so much, and just steels in general tbh, so to kill two birds with one stone I'm going with Scarf Nape for speed control and a means to break down steels and pivot. I'm also going with Stone Edge > Gunk Shot as the filler move because the Maero matchup is shaky at best.
Infernape @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

- Rhyperior is once again the rocker of choice because it deals with birds as well as Mega Manectric while setting rocks all in the same slot, which are all things this team needs pretty badly rn_n.
Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake

- I needed something to help deal with the terrible Lati matchup and hazard removal. Empoleon comes to mind but Silvally is much less passive on a team that's otherwise pretty offensive, Empoleon would be a bit of a momentum drain. This is a super fun mon that's been pickin up steam recently, also a pivot to pair with nape.
Silvally-Steel @ Steel Memory
Ability: RKS System
EVs: 252 HP / 240 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Parting Shot
- Flamethrower
- Toxic
- Defog

Timid Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Quiver Dance
- Sleep Powder
- Sludge Bomb

Primarina @ Choice Specs
EVs: 132 HP / 252 SpA / 124 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Serperior @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Infernape @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake

Silvally-Steel @ Steel Memory
Ability: RKS System
EVs: 252 HP / 240 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Parting Shot
- Flamethrower
- Toxic
- Defog

I hope this helps you out a bit Trevisan, Moutemoute you did an amazing job as well n_n. Trev, lmk if you need help with anything you can always hmu on PS or Smogon I gotchu, sorry If I come off like an asshole at first in this rate lmfao, luv u and GL.[/hide]

The team in general is filled with suboptimal and niche sets, it sort of feels like you took 5 or 6 pokemon that you wanted to build around and put them all on the same team
Tbh this is pretty much it hahaha, but it wasn't on purpose, I am just inexperienced.
But thank you guys a lot for the advices!! I will definitely try them out =D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)