SM Ubers My first RMT ( #421, 1550 peak :( )

Hi everyone,
Recently i have been trying some teams from the RMT's, and i have not found much success with them. Often on lower ladder, i could easily find one issue with them. Thus, i decided to make my own team, and it pushed me to top 500. I still want the team to be better, so please help if u can!

The team:

ungodly god (Arceus-Fairy) @ Pixie Plate Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Recover
- Toxic
- Defog
- Judgment

The standard support set with defog over rocks. I have tried many arceus formes in this slot. Arceus Ground didnt really fit the meta very well, its only real use was to anti lead groudon. I have also tried Arceus water, i just didnt like the way it couldn't really use judgment at all. I have also tried Arceus Dark, however the fact that xern and magearna exist kinda annoys me. So i settled with Fairy. I like how it can easily just spam toxic, and how it can switch into marsh fairly easily, and just spam toxic on their switch. As i needed a defogger, defog over rocks

on every team (Groudon-Primal) @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Overheat
- Precipice Blades
- Toxic

Well nothing really to say here, its groudon... Defensive set as i like its bulk

fat whale (Kyogre-Primal) @ Blue Orb
Ability: Primordial Sea
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 32 HP / 236 Atk / 64 Def / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Thunder

I never really liked the special variant. It was walled way to easily by Groudon, as as everyone knows, it's on every team. I also really like this variant of kyogre, as lower ladder ppl don't really prepare for this. They just switch out into groudon, and promptly get destroyed by earthquake. Liquidation for the stab, Ice Beam for Mence, and thunder for boltbeam coverage

also on every team (Necrozma-Dusk-Mane) @ Solganium Z
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 36 HP / 252 Atk / 220 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Sunsteel Strike

The standard Double Dance set. I didnt really like ultra NEBBY, nor did i ever like trick room, so i chose the double dance variant. While i almost never get the chance to, swords dance + SSS basically kills everything, which is nice. I have heard friends say that i should replace RP with autotomize, but i don't really see any benefit apart from lowering damage from pheromosa and mewtwo x, neither of which i see much. Im too lazy to change anyway. EQ for Groudons. This is my typical toxic sponge

no rocks pls (Yveltal) @ Leftovers
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Taunt
- Toxic

I really liked def yveltal, not only can it check groudon, it can also fit into the toxic spam thats in ubers rn. I also like just how bulky it is physically, and with FP, it basically 1v1's any boosted physical attacker bar groudon and ultra necrozma. This is my typical lead, as it can anti lead both offensive yveltals and groudon really well, and that leaves them with a toxic on any of their mons

nice boosts there (Marshadow) @ Marshadium Z
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Spectral Thief
- Close Combat
- Shadow Sneak

Standard Bulk Up set, not sure if i should use life orb. Revenge Killer.

Threatlist

Sticky Webs.

Sticky webs really pisses my team off, as it basically slows down all my mons.

Mons I am considering changing
Def Magearna > Yveltal?
Def Xerneas > Arceus Fairy
Life Orb > Bulk Up marsh
Ultra > Double Dance Necrozma

Help would be appreciate it!

My Thunder

Banned deucer.
This team has a comprehensible game plan incorporated, which is always appreciated. However, there are a few changes I'd like to suggest, which are the following:

• 1528835874228.png
    1528835895505.png
    By changing Yveltal to Salamence (Offensive Defoger) you will no longer have an issue with Sticky Webs if played right. It also gives you a solid answer to one of Ubers's most common Stealth Rock user in Primal Groudon.
  • 1528836023022.png
    (DefogStealth Rock): Now that we have included Salamence as hazard control, Arceus-Fairy can use one of its primary and viable sets. This minor change will allow you to have a strong hazard game in your favor, by virtue of Arceus-Fairy's typing and favorable matchup against most anti-hazard supports.
  • 1528836128645.png
    (Defensive Support Mixed Rock Polish): Due to the aforementioned adjustment, both Groudon and Necrozma are now more flexible and free to use their offensive sets. Mixed Rock Polish Primal Groudon is the appropriate choice here, considering that you already have the other necessities covered, i.e. Stealth Rock and fairy resist. Its overall aim (other than to wreak havoc) is to take advantage of the conventional offensive checks that Primal Groudon has.
  • 1528836206683.png
    1528836220438.png
    Since you’re restricted to only one Z move at a time, having two Z Crystals on a team means that there will be some opportunity costs. To maximize Marshadow’s damage output, go with Life Orb.
Salamence @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Defog
- Double-Edge
- Roost
- Toxic

Marshadow @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Close Combat
- Shadow Sneak
- Rock Tomb

Arceus-Fairy @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Stealth Rock
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 SpA / 100 SpD / 156 Spe
Mild Nature
- Rock Polish
- Precipice Blades
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power Ice

Thank you for sharing your team!

Many of these changes i really like, thanks!
however there are some questions i have
1. what is my main ghost resist now? Yveltal was both the resistance to ghost types, as a well as a nice pivot
2. whats the need to use mixed RP?
3. is fairceus now the new main pivot? also should i go for a more defensive ev spread or leave it with max speed?

My Thunder

Banned deucer.
Seening how support primal Groudon is no longer the opptimal solution for this strategy, we are left with few options. Option a: double dance primal Groudon, and b: mixed rock polish. As a result of your team's composition, it's important to keep up the pace while having an offensive presence at hand. For the reason that this team does not have the right means to stomach Toxic and take heavy blows in the long run, contra a team with a cleric.

The way you you pointed out ghost resist may seem like I have opened up a whole nother can of worms, which is not exactly the case. If you look at the bigger picture you will notice the advantages of replacing Yveltal over Salamence are far more convenient and practical than the initial approach. Hoever, to circumvent this glaring weakness try to utilize Stealth Rcoks, as this will put the opposing Lunala within killing range by nullifying its ability. Arceus-Fairy is key for taking on Marshadow like you mentioned, so now we are left with one last prominent threat, as far as ghost types are concerned. It's none other than the party pooper himself—Mega Gengar. This Pokèmon’s punishment can be mitigated by smart prediction as long as you implement Pursuit on Mashadow's fourth move slot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)