Murdertine

Greetings members of the NU community. This team has remained my favorite to play with ever since I made it, so for my first RMT I decided to share some of the logic behind it, since the team is rather strange with everything (hold Skuntank) being below A rank viability. That being said, I've had this team hold it's own against even the best battlers, and can handle a variety of play styles quite well.

Overview: Personally I've always felt many of the stronger NU pokes have a subtle weakness—they're predictable. This team attempts to take advantage of that, both by reversing the roles of two of the pokemon and running a few gimmicky (and more importantly uncommon) sets that counter common threats. This team makes up for it's lack of raw viability by being both difficult to predict, and by ensuring teams aren't consciously prepared for it's uncommon threats.

At A Glance

In Depth

Temptation

Temptation (Lopunny) @ Flame Orb
Ability: Klutz
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Encore
- Baton Pass
- Copycat
- Switcheroo

First up is the always amusing Lopunny. A lot of people are afraid to use lopunny because she's rather unreliable, but I'd like to argue that she's hard to deal with. I lead with Lopunny if I believe my opponent's first poke will be a rock setter. Since almost all rock setters are physical on turn one I switcheroo the flame orb, This can instantly make such rock setters as Piloswine, Gabite, Metang, Golem and Golurk nearly useless for the rest of the match. After tricking, she can use copycat to either set rocks her self, or go on the offense while stealing attacks. Either way lopunny comes out on top in nearly every matchup, with few good ways out, as hardly anything in NU wants to take a flame orb.

Once lopunny has done it's task it can baton pass away, giving it the option to be a scout. It can also disrupt set up users with encore. Though inferior to other encore user such as Liepard, Vulbeat, and Jumpluff, it has sufficient speed to disrupt a wide variety of set ups, and can even steel them with copycat and baton pass the stolen boosts to a team member. In this regard Lopunny is essentially the anti-utility, as I have no problem switching it in and stealing any number of moves such as recovery, screens, volt/switches, toxic, rapid spin, ect. Lopunny rarely makes game changing plays, but annoys my opponent to the point where the rest of the team can handle the rest.

Murder

Murder (Mantine) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 128 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 124 Spd
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Air Slash
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]

The concept of this choice spec'd MANtine was the reason I made the team. After noticing how hard the bulky variants hit, I got curious as to just how hard Mantine could hit. After running some calcs, I was shocked to find that it could 2HKO almost the entire tier, with enough bulk and speed to have no problem doing so. Because of it's strange typing mantine can switch in on quite a lot, and once it's in, all it takes is a good prediction to do massive damage. This set is similar to the rain dance set but is much more conspicuous as an attacker, and not having to set up is a huge plus which makes up for it's inability to sweep.

Moves: Hydro and Air Slash are the go to STABs, providing good coverage all on their own, meaning that a majority of the time I don't even need to predict to take out a poke. Ice Beam provides a bit of additional coverage, but is useful beyond that as ice been is frequently the safest play, as few of the things that resist it are willing to risk switching in on the water move. For the last move slot I originally tried Signal beam, allowing mantine to run 0 attack iv's which made it practically immune to foul play and easily able to OHKO liepard, but eventually decided that Seismitoad was a bigger threat and switch to HP grass, giving Mantine overall superb coverage and the ability to take out one of it's better checks.

EVs: Obviously I wanted to most power possible. The 124 speed allows it to outspeed 85 base uninvented, which is nearly every wall in the tier. This insures it can attack a second time and wallbreak anything that lives the first hit. The rest of the invest was put in HP (with 4 in def for odd hitpoints) to let Mantine switch in on as many things as possible. Even with the minimal bulk investment, Mantine can take hits rather well.

Calcs:
252+ SpA Choice Specs Mantine Ice Beam vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Golbat: 198-234 (56 - 66.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Mantine Hidden Power Grass vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Seismitoad: 392-464 (94.6 - 112%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Mantine Hydro Pump vs. 240 HP / 16 SpD Musharna: 220-259 (50.8 - 59.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Mantine Hidden Power Grass vs. 104 HP / 152 SpD Alomomola: 224-264 (45 - 53.1%) -- 88.3% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Choice Specs Mantine Hydro Pump vs. 248 HP / 4 SpD Ampharos: 232-274 (60.5 - 71.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Mantine Hydro Pump vs. 172 HP / 0 SpD Eelektross: 256-303 (72.3 - 85.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Mantine Air Slash vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite Roselia: 164-194 (54.1 - 64%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Sawk Ice Punch vs. 128 HP / 4 Def Mantine: 175-206 (57.7 - 67.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Sheepy

Sheepy (Ampharos) @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 29 Spd
- Discharge
- Heal Bell
- Toxic
- Volt Switch

Of course any team that has a MANtine wants some way to take electric attacks. My solution to this wasn't a ground type, but rather another electric, for the reason that pseudo bolt-beam coverage is so common and Mantine doesn't resist ice either. Ampharos has considerable base defenses and electric is one of the best defensive typing specially, seeing that earth power is almost non-existent in NU. Further, looking at the team preview, one would be very likely to assume that ampharos is my main Special attacker, because that'd make more sense next to Mantine, who possesses all that natural special bulk.
With this much invest, Ampharos can take pretty much any hit that is thrown at it, including a surf from life orb'd shell smash gorebyss, which it can OHKO in return. Though it's only recovery is leftovers, Ampharos hits hard enough even without invest that anything staying in on it won't live for long. Heal bell helps maintain momentum as my opponent tries to status me. Freezes and sleeps are pretty big problems for the team, since only lopunny can be sleep foddered without crippling the whole team. Toxic helps amphy take out other walls that might switch in on it, especially ground types who want to block the volt switch, and it can beat mushy with it under the assumption it's not carrying heal bell by curing it's own toxic after the synchronize. The combination of discharge and static help slow down the opposing team, letting Mantine plow though more easily.
The 29 Spd IVs insure that Sheepy will have the slower volt switch against an opposing offensive Ampharaos.

Cyanide

Cyanide (Weezing) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Will-O-Wisp
- Sludge Bomb
- Haze
- Flamethrower

Cyanide runs a fairly typical Weezing set, acting as a solid physical wall with the ability to burn and a decently powerful stab of sludge bomb. Flamethrower is my other choice of an attacking move to insure that it beats Scolopede, since Lopunny doesn't handle it well. Haze is placed over pain split so that in the event Lopunny locks a set up user into a boosting move such as calm mind or bulk up, I'm able to remove their boosts if I can't KO. It also insures that Gurdurr is never a problem, since unboosted Gurdurr does barely anything to Weezing.

1 Million Bucks

1 Million Bucks (Sawsbuck) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Horn Leech
- Jump Kick
- Nature Power
- Return

95 is the speed tier to be in if you want to run scarf, so why not Sawsbuck? Running completely different typing than other physical scarf users, sawsbuck can stand up to both ground and electric type attacks while putting out a lot of offensive pressure. It's two stabs are: horn leech, which gives it the navel ability to heal off damage taken from entry hazards, something no other scarf user can say; and return, which from base 100 attack is significant physical damage, that lets it revenge kill many offensive. While typically nature power and jump kick are redundant offensive abilities, I don't have either ground or fighting elsewhere on my team, so I felt the need for both rather than dropping one for baton pass. It's also worth noting that nature power allows Sawsbuck to dodge sucker punch, which is quite a plus for a scarf user, seeing as priority is typically one of their downfalls.
Sawsbuck is just short of OHKOing many faster pokes, meaning that after the battle has dragged on for a while, it can clean up any faster pokes that remain. If Sap Sipper catches a grass move at the right time in the game, it has the potential to sweep.

Greed

Greed (Skuntank) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 252 Atk / 176 SDef / 80 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Poison Jab
- Taunt

Last but not least is Skuntank~ Standard set, but Jynx was enough of a problem for this team that I felt the need to have a trapper and never looked back. As the only A rank on the team, you'd expect it to be a solid poke, and it solves a lot of problems for my team. It traps Jynx and haunter, both of which the rest of my team doesn't want to deal with. Lum berry insures that whatever it's trapping can't status it in hopes of escaping. Further aftermath is quite helpful. Many physical pokes like Sawk and Primeape fall into KO rank of Sawsbuck if they activate aftermath, instantly making them quite a bit less of a threat. I run poison jab over crunch mostly to hit fighting types that might try to switch in.

Threatlist:

Sawk: As with a lot of NU teams, banded mold breaker sawk hits much harder than I want to take. But because of the nature of his choice-ing, and the the fact that I have two pokes that can burn him, it's not impossible to deal with, just costly. If I'm desperate, Lopunny can trick the flame orb to Sawk and take his band. I lose Lopunny in doing so but Sawk is not an issue after that.

Hazard Stacking: While Scolipede itself isn't much of a threat, a team set up to phase repeatedly over a bunch of hazards hurts this team a lot, as I don't have much in the form of recovery and scol can usually get up 2-3 layers of spikes before I can stop him. If I can identify such a team in team preview I can attempt to OHKO Scol lead with Mantine, but a Scolipede coming out later in the match is hard to stop.

Duel Regenerator cores: Regernerators are one of the few things that survive for long amounts of time with a flame orb. This team can wear down other aspects of a full stall team, but if the team has more than one regenerator, they can support the crippled one that picks up the flame orb.

Pasteable:
Murder (Mantine) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 128 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 124 Spd
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Air Slash
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Temptation (Lopunny) @ Flame Orb
Ability: Klutz
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Encore
- Baton Pass
- Copycat
- Switcheroo

Sheepy (Ampharos) @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 29 Spd
- Discharge
- Heal Bell
- Toxic
- Volt Switch

Cyanide (Weezing) @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Will-O-Wisp
- Sludge Bomb
- Haze
- Flamethrower

1 Million Bucks (Sawsbuck) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Horn Leech
- Jump Kick
- Nature Power
- Return

Greed (Skuntank) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 252 Atk / 176 SDef / 80 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Poison Jab
- Taunt

Last edited:
This team is pretty unique, but I do worry about it's effectivity as a whole. Sawk as you already stated, is a huge issue, and Mixed Ebeltross also poses a major threat, OHKO/2HKO'ing your entire team with little problem. Your team also lacks little way to deal with Specs Charizard, who can easily 2HKO your entire team bar Mantine with fire blast, whom is susceptible to hazards might I say.

Regardless, I would suggest running standard Rain Dance Mantine, as it provides a more solid win condition for your team to fall back on, and hits hard even without the specs, especially under rain. She also is a more solid counter to Ludicolo, who can pose a major threat, even with the presence of your Mantine due to how your set functions.

Misdreavus tends to be the better option over Weezing. You stated that Regen cores are an issue, especially when found in stall. Misdreavus checks many of the same pokemon as weezing, but avoids being 2HKO'd by Sawk's EQ, and finds itself the niche of a fast taunt to check stall, and spam burns much the same as weezing. It's Eviolite also lends it more bulk, alongside Pain Split to continuously check sawk.

I realize that you like Lopunny. But honestly, being unreliable to set up hazards just isn't something I want to see go into a team. I will suggest Golem, as it not only takes electric moves, but it has a way to deal damage back. Golem also provides your team a (semi)reliable way to switch into Zard, (Putting pressure on it with rocks also), and also provides you a check to Birds, who currently plow through your team as well!

Good team regardless! :]

Mantine @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Rain Dance
- Air Slash
- Ice Beam

Misdreavus @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 220 Def / 40 Spd
Bold Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Taunt

Golem @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk / 60 Spd / 196 HP
Adamant Nature
- Rock Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch

Hello! Trying my hand at rating some teams.

So to start off, I agree with what Brawlfest in saying that lopunny is unreliable. A good player would not lead with their hazard setter. Another stealth rocker I'd recommend Golurk as he is immune/ resistant to most of Sawk's stabs and reliably sets hazards for your team. Unlike Golem, Golurk has the ability to spin block its own hazards.

I know you enjoy Mantine, but Samurott does similar functions while also having taunt, which stops hazard setters in their tracks, serving as a anti-lead and also helps deal with regenerator cores.

Of course, these are not the best suggestions, but I hope I did my best in improving your team.

Samurott @ Life Orb
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Taunt

Golurk @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 76 HP / 180 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Shadow Punch

The Suggestion of Missy is a really good idea to the point where I'm kinda surprised I didn't think of it before. :P
My one concern about it is missy has the type weakness to golurk. I haven't experienced that matchup too well myself, but is Missy comfortable switching in on a Golurk shadow punch? I only ask because without weezing I don't see many 100% safe switches in on Golurk.

While I agree that the standard rain dance Mantine is a fantastic set I'm not sure it'd be running the same role at that point. Rain dance Mantine would certainly make it easy to clean late game, but falls a bit short 2HKOing a few threats that would switch in on it, which is the big advantage of the set I have now. since RD Mantine speed ties with Ludi, I don't feel that it counters any better, especially seeing that it's in my favor beating it already:

252+ SpA Life Orb Ludicolo Giga Drain vs. 128 HP / 0 SpD Mantine: 103-122 (33.9 - 40.2%) -- 34% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Choice Specs Mantine Air Slash vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Ludicolo: 290-344 (96 - 113.9%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO

Regardless, I'll try the rain dance set for a while to see how it feels.

Samurott on the other hand is also an interesting suggestion. It has much of the same qualities as Mantine with slightly better stats. With Samurott I lose out on the STAB air slash and the true ground immunity however. The true ground immunity is less important with Missy over Weezing, so I might also try that at some point. However, 3 pokes with taunt is rather excessive so I'll probably run similar EVs to the Mantine set I have with encore or rest instead (rest would be a risky play but if amphy could heal bell it later, it'd be a big deal).

Golruk or Golem would be fantastic in combination with Mantine, but am concerned with how well either of them could take down Piloswine. As of current, Piloswine poses little threat to my team, but replacing Lopunny with one of these pokes makes me lose against that common threat, doesn't it? Either way, these are all excellent things to try, and I'll spend the next few days testing out the recommended changes.

The Suggestion of Missy is a really good idea to the point where I'm kinda surprised I didn't think of it before. :P
My one concern about it is missy has the type weakness to golurk. I haven't experienced that matchup too well myself, but is Missy comfortable switching in on a Golurk shadow punch? I only ask because without weezing I don't see many 100% safe switches in on Golurk.

While I agree that the standard rain dance Mantine is a fantastic set I'm not sure it'd be running the same role at that point. Rain dance Mantine would certainly make it easy to clean late game, but falls a bit short 2HKOing a few threats that would switch in on it, which is the big advantage of the set I have now. since RD Mantine speed ties with Ludi, I don't feel that it counters any better, especially seeing that it's in my favor beating it already:

252+ SpA Life Orb Ludicolo Giga Drain vs. 128 HP / 0 SpD Mantine: 103-122 (33.9 - 40.2%) -- 34% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Choice Specs Mantine Air Slash vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Ludicolo: 290-344 (96 - 113.9%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO

Regardless, I'll try the rain dance set for a while to see how it feels.

Samurott on the other hand is also an interesting suggestion. It has much of the same qualities as Mantine with slightly better stats. With Samurott I lose out on the STAB air slash and the true ground immunity however. The true ground immunity is less important with Missy over Weezing, so I might also try that at some point. However, 3 pokes with taunt is rather excessive so I'll probably run similar EVs to the Mantine set I have with encore or rest instead (rest would be a risky play but if amphy could heal bell it later, it'd be a big deal).

Golruk or Golem would be fantastic in combination with Mantine, but am concerned with how well either of them could take down Piloswine. As of current, Piloswine poses little threat to my team, but replacing Lopunny with one of these pokes makes me lose against that common threat, doesn't it? Either way, these are all excellent things to try, and I'll spend the next few days testing out the recommended changes.
Hi again. Here's a calculation of Samurott against Piloswine:
252+ SpA Life Orb Samurott Hydro Pump vs. 240 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Piloswine: 455-538 (113.4 - 134.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
It is not much of a threat if you can keep Sammy healthy to check it.

Not only Sammy, Mantine will do the same. In fact, if you get a missy, you should be in shape to taunt + burn it, rendering its shenanigans completely ineffective!

As for the shadow punch issue, it is a risk you are going to have to take (Sawsbuck can nab a switch though) if you want a more reliable check to Gurdurr + Sawk! :]

Btw just a thought after using your team on the ladder, try out LO Ampharos with Toxic over HP Ice. It fills a very similar role but loses less momentum for your team. Just a thought, it helped for me.

Its just me, but if you are going to run Samurott, you might as well go for Megahorn in the last spot to eliminate Ludicolo all the same as you would with Mantine! (Hitting jynx is a plus)

Anthiese

formerly Jac
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I have to say i love fighting this team!

It's a tough team to battle and of course you know what changes i want you to make to this team are Sol ;p

On a serious note i dont have any changes to add. Like i said, i love the concept.

Update

I've tested out many of the suggestions posted in here and would like to report the following:
  • Switching out Weezing for Missy has made my team able to handle a greater variety of threats, but lacks the same offensive pressure on Scolopede that Weezing provided, making spike stacking still somewhat of an issue.
  • I attempted rain dance Mantine, but came to the conclusion that it didn't fit with the team as well as the set I originally posted, so changed back.
  • Samurott provided similar results as Mantine in most cases, but losing the ground immunity and the stab air slash, as well as the edge of my opponent not having a feel for my set was a drawback.
  • Reluctantly I switched Golem in place of Lopunny. This certainly makes my team more balanced and stable, especially against Scolopede who gave me a lot of trouble before, however the edge I lose over the common rock setters is substantial. I see opportunities where I could have used Lopunny nearly every match, but the two pokes are so fundamentally different they're hard to compare.
  • While Golurk is an interesting thought, spin blocking is relatively unimportant on this team as I have very solid counters to all the NU spinners, and Golem could potentially set rocks more than once, depending on how the game plays out.
  • I rarely used jump kick on Sawsbuck so I switched it out for Baton Pass. Audino is now a mild threat to this team, but it can eventually over power it with the raw force of some of the pokes. Jump kicking anything that carries protect is rather risky anyways.

In conclusion this team has held up impressively well even against very skilled players. I've never really been one to ladder, but I've had a lot of success with it. More importantly it's a very enjoyable team to play with as you get to see your opponent pushed out of their comfort zone and have to use their team in a way they haven't before.

Thank you all for your help and support~

A suggestion to note, Try running Double-Edge over Return on sawsbuck. Though it may seem useless to take recoil damage for doing the same thing, You can more effectively abuse those boost you get with Sap Sipper if you do get it. But then again, simply a suggestion.

Blast

Member of the Alien Nation
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Assuming you made Brawlfest's changes regarding Golem and Missy, this is actually a pretty well built team. But looking at your team Mantine appears to be your main check to a lot of Pokémon such as Charizard, Samurott, Gurdurr, Ludicolo, and so on so its longevity is pretty important. You might want to consider using an offensive Leftovers set on it which allows you to check these Pokémon more consistently due to the increased amount of times you can switch in.

A Wish passer would also be nice to keep your team alive since this looks like more of a balanced team. I would probably use Audino over Ampharos who can accomplish this while still giving you a good specially defensive pivot and Heal Bell support. Plus thanks to Regenerator Audino can stick around a lot longer than Ampharos because it can heal itself.

Mantine @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 64 HP / 252 SAtk / 192 Spd
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Air Slash
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Toxic / Substitute

Audino @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Double-Edge
- Protect

I totally agree with you that this team is too dependent on Mantine. That's been the single biggest problem I've had in testing, the best example being a battle against Soulgazer wherein I lost by missing two hydro pumps and getting KO'd early on in the match and being unable to recover.
(though I have to say the match came down close anyways, Soul's last poke living with a mere 1% hp after the killing blow).

While you're solution is more effective than rain-dance Mantine I'm sure, I'm somewhat hesitant in removing choice specs. The loss of power is substantial enough that I miss out on OHKOing both Piloswine and Eelektross, both of which are quite threatening to this team. Eelektross is possible to wear down using Ampharos within KO range of Mantine, but it's far more difficult without choice specs. Piloswine is a much larger problem as without specs the only poke on my entire team who can stand up to it is Missy, who could easily get worn down from rocks. The massive Piloswine weakness originates from having Weezing/Lopunny madly trying to burn everything on the opposing team, so originally Piloswine was one of my least concerns.

252+ SpA Mantine Hydro Pump vs. 240 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Piloswine: 314-372 (78.3 - 92.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Mantine Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Eelektross: 187-222 (50 - 59.3%) -- 78.5% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Wish passing is something I wish I could afford on every team, but on this particular team it seems pretty risky. Without Lopunny, I no longer have an encore user, making my team rather weak to set-up pokes. I can actively prevent set up with Missy or Skuntank, but I only manage to avoid set-up sweepers on all my other pokes because they exert sufficient offensive pressure. While Ampharos can volt switch out and break subs of many pokes, I'm concerned Audino will become sitting duck and be the one poke on my team which gives an opportunity for set-up. This also makes it so that I don't have any pokemon with toxic. Together those two drawbacks seem to open up a lot of problems that I'm not entirely sure how to fix elsewhere.

I'll try these suggestions and experiment with ways to correct the new issues they generate. Any additional suggestions to help resolve what I mentioned above will speed up the process.

If you are concerned about Audino being set-up bait, why not try Lickilicky as a Wish passer? Lickilicky gets Dragon Tail, so it can't be set up on as easily. The downside is that you lose Regenerator, which sucks away a bit of momentum, and you still get set up on by Substitute users like Braviary.

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Instead of the standard Audino set, you can try running Wish / Toxic | Heal Bell / Encore / Double-Edge. This allows you to defeat bulky setup sweepers that try setting up on you and lock them in so that a teammate can deal with the threat and beats Sub users unlike Lickilicky. In addition, running Foul Play on Misdreavus can allow you to deal with offensive Scolipede, Tauros, and Audino a bit better although this one is optional.

Baton pass is pointless on Loppuny, it doesnt need it. You could replace that with a thunder-wave for additional support. Replace haze it for pain split for it to last longer on weezing

Baton pass is pointless on Loppuny, it doesnt need it. You could replace that with a thunder-wave for additional support. Replace haze it for pain split for it to last longer on weezing
I have to disagree with both of these posts Loupunny benefits greatly from baton pass to scout and is too frail for t-wave and weezing needs haze to not be setup fodder. Also I hope that sawsbuck is a winter sawsbuck as it is in its most manly form in the winter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)