Pet Mod Multiverse - Gen 9 - Slate 10 FINAL

Approved by DuoM2
IMG_0073.jpeg

Multiverse
Welcome to Multiverse! In this mod, we will have 8 Pokemon of each Generation and each of those Pokemon will fulfil any niche they had in any generation. The goal is to make a balanced metagame, where all of this Pokemon have at least one viable niche.​

How will it work? Each slate will consist of a Generation, except for 2 in the first Generation, meaning there will be 10 slates in total. In these slates (again, except for the first Generation), you can submit a Pokemon from that Generation and you can select a role/niche that they had in any Generation and any tier. Buffing them is allowed so that they can fullfil this niche better.
Slate 1
Slate 1 will be Generation 1, so I would pick these mons: :venusaur::kangaskhan::chansey::zapdos::exeggutor:
(Note that you can usually submit up to 7 Pokémon, but you can submit less than the maximum as well) Okay, I have my mons, so what now?

Now let's look at each mon. What Venusaur would be interesting? I really like the playstyle that Venusaur has in DPP UU. Maybe that could work?

:dp/venusaur:
Venusaur is the king of DPP UU. It's bulky, its STABs Sludge Bomb and Leaf Storm are amazing and it has both recovery and Sleep Powder. Since this is a Gen 9 mod, HP doesn't exist, so it would need new options for it. Mystical Fire makes up for its loss of HP, Slack Off is a better recovery move and base 102 Atk for more viable phyiscal sets.

Niche: DPP UU
Changes: +Mystical Fire, +Slack Off, +20 Atk, -Chlorophyll

Next up, I wanna do RBY Zapdos.

:rb/zapdos:
Zapdos is the best Electric-type in RBY OU. It is a late-game sweeper and a great mixed attacker. Its main set uses Thunder Wave to slow down its opponents, therefore I'm going to give it a new ability that allows it to use Thunder Wave against Electric-types. In addition to that I want to give it more Atk to make it a better mixed attacker and more SpD cause of its high Special in RBY.

Niche: RBY OU
Changes: +New Ability, +10 Atk, +10 SpD

I could go on, but I think you get the idea. (Still gonna share some ideas)
:kangaskhan: ADV UU
:chansey: GSC UU
:exeggutor: RBY OU

Submission Rules:
  1. Custom Elements are allowed as long as they help the Pokemon fullfil their role. Existing signature move, ability or item can be changed.
  2. Ubers are allowed, but they have to be adjusted to the power level of the mod.
  3. You are allowed to make multiple subs for the same format. (If you are a real fan of ADV OU, all of your Pokemon can fullfil this niche)
  4. Unnecessary additions will not be tolerated. For example, my Venusaur doesn't have Chlorophyll, because Venusaur didn't have it in DPP UU and it doesn't add anything to its niche there.

Voting Rules:
Voting is pretty easy to understand. You have to vote for 7 Pokemon (more or less votes will not count) and they have to be ordered (meaning the 1st place has more points than the 7th place) and Self Votes are allowed, but they can't be 1st place and you can only vote for yourself 2 times. When voting for a Pokemon, you should also mention its niche, cause this makes it clearer when a Pokemon has been subbed more than once. If there are two subs which cover the same Pokemon and the same Niche, then mention the name of the submitter as well.
Person A submitted: :venusaur::kangaskhan::chansey::zapdos::exeggutor::moltres:(bw ru):starmie:(ss nu)
Person B submitted: :snorlax::charizard::starmie:(adv ou):articuno::arcanine: (This person only submitted 5 mons, which is okay)
Person C submitted: :blastoise::persian::beedrill::marowak::slowbro::tentacruel::moltres:(bw ru)
:beedrill: (ORAS UU)
:Venusaur:(DPP UU) (SV)
:Zapdos: (RBY OU) (SV)
:moltres: (BW RU from Person C)
:starmie: (ADV OU)
:charizard: (SM OU)
:slowbro: (RBY OU)
Which Rulesets will this mod have?
The Standard Ruleset of SV OU. That means no Z-Moves, Megas, Pursuit or Hidden Power.

What if a dexited Element is crucial for the functioning of the Pokemon?
It depends on the dexited Element. Z-Moves won't return because of problems with the code and general metagame. Hidden Power is really crucial for past gen mons, but they can be replaced with any move or a custom move that has similar strength. Pursuit is crucial to some Pokemon, so they would gain this move and be the only users of this mod.

What about niches that Mega Evolutions have?
If you submit a Pokémon that can mega evolve, you are allowed to submission for ORAS, XY, or SM/USUM. In this case, The Pokémon is allowed to be buffed or otherwise changed to better fullfil the niche of either of its Megas.

What do I do when I wanted to submit a Pokémon, but someone else took that Pokemon?
You either choose a different niche for The Pokémon (i.e. you do ADV UU when the other person did BW UU) or you do a submission for the same niche, but a different approach.

Am I allowed to submit a SV Niche for a Pokemon?
For sure.

If there are further question, do not hesitate to ask in the Discord Servers of the mod or the general Pet Mod Server.
Council:
:iron-moth: RedwoodRogue
:koraidon: ViZar
:garganacl: Paulluxx

Pokémon:
Niche:
Stats:
Type:
Abilities:
New Moves:
Removed Moves:

Descriptions:
Other Resources:
Discord Server
Multiverse v2 Spreadsheet
Smogon’s Strategy Pokédex (use this to find sets and niches to submit and edit)

(Btw give ViZar a hand, 99% of the text for this intro is from his post last year)

Last edited:
Last edited:
GEN/Niche: G5 RU, Mixed Attacker.
Aerodactyl
Typing: Rock/Ground
Abilities: Adaptability, Intimidate, Sheer Force
Stats:
HP 75
Attack 100
Defense 50
Sp atk 100
Sp def 50
Spe 135

New Moves: Earth Power, Icebeam, Sludge Wave, Hurricane, Sandstorm
Removed Moves: Toxic, Supersonic, Attract, rain dance, Sunny day

Last edited:
Aerodactyl
Stats:
HP 75
Attack 100
Defense 50
Sp atk 100
Sp def 50
Spe 135

imo you should tone down the spa or the special attack will just be the better option e.g: Nidoking. With base 90 it managed to even be in OU at certain points with sheer force buffing it more, with base 100 aero would be even better compared to its own base 100 attack

Aerodactyl
Stats:
HP 75
Attack 100
Defense 50
Sp atk 100
Sp def 50
Spe 135

Hey there, and welcome to Pet Mods! I appreciate the enthusiasm, but submissions have not yet begun. While relevant, the slate, and Pokémon submission phase in general, will be starting tomorrow. I look forward to what you have to post, but for next time please refer to the phase of the mod (usually indicated by the title of the thread), and consider copying and pasting the submission template for a streamlined creation process.

Last edited:
Slate 1: Something Old and Something New
:sv/articuno::sv/zapdos::sv/moltres:

For this first slate, you can submit up to five Pokémon from Generation 1, but only if they are in any OU meta, and they must be based on that OU set (such as, conveniently, Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres in SV). Good luck!​

Last edited:
:rb/jolteon:
Pokémon: Jolteon
Niche: RBY OU - Revenge Killer
Stats: 65 / 65 / 60 / 110 / 110 (+15) / 145 (+15)
Type: Electric
Abilities: Lightning Rod
New Moves: nah
Removed Moves: nah

Descriptions: Jolteon is a strong revenge killer in RBY OU. It possesses the highest Speed out of all the viable OU Pokemon, and was tied with Aerodactyl for second fastest in the entire generation (behind only Electrode). This new, modern Gen 1 Jolteon seeks to preserve its role as an obscenely fast revenge killer. Such a massive speed tier means that it outspeeds Dragapult (idk if this is a micrometa) and threatens to revenge kill anything weak to its attacks.

:xy/starmie:
Pokémon: Starmie
Niche: XY OU - Utility
Stats: 90 (+30) / 75 / 85 / 100 / 85 / 115
Type: Water / Psychic
Abilities: Analytic / Dazzling (Natural Cure)
New Moves: +Dark Pulse, Shadow Ball
Removed Moves: none

Descriptions: All Starmie needed to return to glory was some more bulk and some more coverage. One of Starmie's unfortunate weaknesses is Sucker Punch- it can often be scared out by it and not be able to spin successfully. Dazzling patches that issue up, though Natural Cure might still be the preferred ability on it.

Last edited:

Ema Skye

Work!
Pokémon: :gs/snorlax: (Gen 2)
Niche: Special wall, physical breaker,
Stats: 160 HP / 110 Atk / 65 Def / 65 SpA / 110 SpD / 30 Spe [540]
Type: Normal
Abilities: Big Eater [Pokemon without this ability have their Atk, Def, SpA and SpD multiplied by 0.75]
New Moves: +Lovely Kiss, Toxic, Return, Frustration, Deep Sleep*, Sword Drum*, Bear Boom*
Deep Sleep: 16PP. Status. Normal. Fully restores user's HP and puts user to sleep for 2 turns. If this move is rolled by Sleep Talk, the user's HP is fully restored and the sleep counter resets.
Sword Drum: 16PP. Status. Normal. User loses 50% HP and maximizes attack. If user's HP is less than 50%, no HP is lost and get +2 Atk instead.
Bear Boom: 400BP. 100acc. 8PP. Normal. User faints.
Removed Moves:

Descriptions: My favorite comp mon ever! This generalist would also be really fun to build a meta around, which makes it a great slate 1 pick. Ability is obviously very powerful but simulates just how strong and bulky the stat system in GSC made Lax, and it needs it to stand up to the powercreep in new gens. Deep Sleep simulates Gen 2 Rest and is a key part of Snorlax's immortality in this gen. Sword Drum references the Belly Drum glitch in Gen2, allowing Drumlax sets to still be threatening even at low HP, and Bear Boom replicates Gen 2 SelfDestruct. Taken together with it normal move additions, Lax is able to do it all to a reasonable degree, and is the kind of mon you can build a team around.

Pokémon: :y/cloyster:
Niche: Pivot, mixed breaker, physical wall
Stats: 50/95/180/85/85/70 [565]
Type: Water/Ice
Abilities: Permafrost [This Pokemon ignores the Steel type when attacking or defending. It's Ice-type moves do 1.1x damage, have 1.3x accuracy and ignore Fire's resistance to Ice.]
New Moves: +Shell Lock*, Big Blast*
Shell Lock: 35BP. 75acc. 16PP. Water. If the user is faster than the opponent, the opposing Pokemon can't attack this turn and next turn. Next turn, if the user attacks, it must use this move again (unless the move missed in the first turn).
Big Blast: 340BP. 100acc. 8pp. Normal. User faints.
Removed Moves: Shell Smash, Rapid Spin, Spikes

Descriptions: Shell Lock covers Clamp, adapted to be more of a pivot move instead of a locking move. Big Blast covers a nuking option and the ability boosting Blizzard is a very solid wallbreaking tool when Steels are ignored.

Last edited:
For future reference to the other council members, please note that when making move changes I’m given each submission the Pokémon’s SV (or otherwise most recent) movepool and making changes from there

The beauty of using older gens for niches is the greater potential for flexibility when modernizing mons
:gs/nidoking:
Niche: GSC OU (Mixed Sweeper)
Stats: 85 HP / 75 Atk / 85 Def / 112 SpA / 82 SpD / 95 Spe (534 BST)
Type: Grass / Ground
Abilities
: Effect Spore, Rivalry, Sheer Force
New Moves: Spore, Energy Ball, Grass Knot, Magical Leaf, Leech Seed, Vine Whip, Bullet Seed, Seed Bomb, Leaf Blade, Nasty Plot
Removed Moves: Sludge Bomb, Sludge Wave, Poison Jab, Poison Sting, Toxic Spikes, Poison Tail

Descriptions: Nido’s GSC Mixed Sweeper set normally consists of EQ, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt or Thunder, and Lovely Kiss, and Fire Blast could be added in. Lovely Kiss really stood out to me there, and in fact I didn’t even know what it did, so when I saw that it was a sleep status move I came up with the idea for a spore set. Seeing as the base set didn’t utilize Poison offensively, I decided to swap the type for Grass for flavor purposes, as all Spore users have the type. The new typing largely erases the need to use Electric moves against water mons as Grass STAB hits just fine, but Ice Beam may still prove useful for those pesky Flying types in its place. Also, additions to the Pokémon world since Generation 2 include EVs and the attacking type split, and so now that EVs are relevant, Nidoking can simply just focus on Special Attack due to Earth Power’s introduction, turning a Mixed Sweeper into a Special Sweeper. I’d also like to add that if this were placed in a Gen 9 OU setting this would only technically be the fastest spore setter, as Toedscruel has 100 speed but also Mycelium Might.
We all saw the weather sub coming eventually, right?
:gs/raichu:
Niche: GSC OU (Rain Setter)
Stats: 80 HP / 60 Atk / 75 Def / 115 SpA / 90 SpD / 115 Spe (535 BST)
Type: Electric / Water
Abilities: Lightning Rod, Drizzle
New Moves: Hydro Pump
Removed Moves: nothing lol

Descriptions: Streamlines the process GSC Raichu pulls with Rain Dance to leave more time for clicking other moves, while also bringing offenses and defenses a bit more up to date and then some. Aside from that the movepool still works about the same, with Thunder and now Hydro Pump as your primary offensive moves and options between Substitute, Thunder Wave, and Volt Switch.
Mesflame at home: (jfc I accidentally type changed my way into a fire water grass trio)
:sv/mew:
Niche: SS OU (Suicide Lead)
Stats: 100 HP / 120 Atk / 100 Def / 80 SpA / 100 SpD / 100 Spe
Type: Psychic / Fire
Abilities: Reckless
New Moves: Memento, Wild Charge
Removed Moves: Nasty Plot, Calm Mind, Work Up, Sunny Day, Light Screen, Reflect, Rain Dance, Safeguard, Double Team, Sandstorm, Rest, Attract, Endure, Rock Polish, Flash, Thunder Wave, Swords Dance, Psych Up, Swagger, Trick Room

Descriptions: Turns out mew has a gen 8 set that uses 3 status moves (Stealth Rock, Spikes, and Taunt) and fucking Flare Blitz, and seeing as its defensive stats and speed led the status setting to be decent on its own, especially since it’s so close to modern gen, the main change I made here was a bigger incentive to keep clicking that big burning button.

Last edited:

ViZar

your toast is burned
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
:rb/chansey:
Name: Chansey (No Eviolite)
Niche: RBY OU (Reflect, BoltBeam, Sing)
Stats: 190/5/5/115/105/70 (490)
Type:

Abilities: Special Occasion
Move Additions: Blob Body, Counter
Move Removals: Stealth Rock
Name: Special Occasion
Effect: When this Pokemon changes its SpA when changing its SpD and vice versa.
Permanent: No
Mold Breaker: Yes
Name: Blob Body
Power: -
Accuracy: -%
PP: 20/32
Category:

Type:

Effect: While active, the user's Defense is doubled.
Priority: 0
Flags: Snatch
:leftovers:Reflect:leftovers:
Chansey (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Normal Circumstance
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled
- Blob Body

:leftovers:BoltBeam:leftovers:
Chansey (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Special Occasion
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave

:leftovers:Sing:leftovers:
Chansey (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Special Occasion
Bold Nature
- Ice Beam / Seismic Toss
- Counter / Thunder Wave
- Sing
- Soft-Boiled

Description: One of RBY's big three is here. I decided to nerf its defensive prowess while increasing its offensive one. Huge nerf to its HP allows it to break through more easily on the special side and fire off some attacks in return. I decided to make a callback on the Special stat so the ability and kinda treats SpA and SpD as Special. Chansey likes to eat paralysis instead of any other status, so I removed Natural Cure. Body Blob is also a replacement for Gen 1 Reflect.

:gs/vaporeon:
Name: Vaporeon
Niche: GSC OU (Set-Up Sweeper)
Stats: 130/65/60/110/95/75 (535)
Type:

Abilities: Water Absorb
Move Additions: -
Move Removals: Wish, Haze
:leftovers:Offensive Calm Mind:leftovers:
Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Stored Power
- Calm Mind

:leftovers:Bulky Calm Mind:leftovers:
Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
Bold Nature
- Surf
- Calm Mind
- Acid Armor
- Rest

Description: I wanted to submit a more offensive take on a Water-type. I know that Growth was the only move to boost Special Attack in GSC, but I wanted to stick with Calm Mind since it helps with power creep in additional slates. I also decided to remove Wish and Haze to make it an offensive Pokemon and not essentially Vaporeon with better speed.

:xy/venusaur:
Name: Venusaur
Niche: ORAS OU (Bulky Offensive, Defensive)
Stats: 80/91/103/111/110/80 (575)
Type:

Abilities: Thick Fat
Move Additions: Fire Pledge
Move Removals: Weather Ball
:black-sludge:Offensive:life-orb:
Venusaur @ Black Sludge / Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 236 HP / 252 SpA / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Fire Pledge / Earth Power
- Synthesis / Earth Power

:black-sludge:Defensive:heavy-duty-boots:
Venusaur @ Black Sludge / Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 248 HP / 96 Def / 144 SpD / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Fire Pledge / Knock Off / Leech Seed
- Synthesis

Description: EVs in sample sets were taken from the analysis, they can be whatever depending on the meta. Venusaur adds a Pokemon that can deal with bulky Grounds and Waters that are prominent in any meta and will be included in this mod sooner or later. Without those in mind, Venusaur is still a solid attacker with great defensive utility and is generally annoying to switch into.

:gs/clefable:
Name: Clefable
Niche: GSC OU (Belly Drum, Mixed Attacker)
Stats: 95/80/73/95/90/80 (523)
Type:

Abilities: Old Time Bulk / Tactical Move (HA)
Move Additions: -
Move Removals: Knock Off, Teleport, Stealth Rock, Hyper Voice
Name: Old Time Bulk
Effect: This Pokemon's defenses are 1.5x when its HP is 1/2 or below.

Name: Tactical Move
Effect: This Pokemon's deals 1.2x damage with neutral moves.
:leftovers:Belly Drum:salac-berry:
Clefable @ Leftovers / Salac Berry
Ability: Old Time Bulk / Tactical Move
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Body Slam
- Fire Punch / Substitute
- Soft-Boiled / Substitute
- Belly Drum

:life-orb:Mixed Attacker:leftovers:
Clefable @ Life Orb / Leftovers
Ability: Old Time Bulk / Tactical Move
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Body Slam
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam
- Soft-Boiled

Description: Don't worry this is an offensive Clefable, through and through. The abilities should hopefully allow Clefable to fullfil its more easily. Belly Drum is a threatening sweeping set but it has rather low Attack and Body Slam has mediocre basepower. Although Body Slam can be booosted by Tactical Move, it is held back by Clefable lacking a good attack stat and OTB is also an option for an ability. The mixed sets are more immediate and probably the best set to run, but they don't outright sweep teams.

Last edited:

Mossy Sandwich

Gunning for the top
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
UUPL Champion
:dp/dragonite:
Pokémon: Dragonite
Niche: DPP OU (Mixed)
Stats: 91/104/95/120/100/90 (-30 Attack, +20 SpAtk, +10 Speed) (600 BST)
Type: Dragon/Normal
Abilities: Inner Focus
New Moves: Superpower
Removed Moves: Focus Blast

Descriptions: Adjusted the stats to be a less efficient Dragon Dancer or CB user, but hitting harder on the special side. Its new Dragon/Normal typing gives it STAB on Espeed, making up for the loss of attack, but also makes it Rock neutral, allowing it to run Life Orb more efficiently. 104 attack is also still enough to run crucial coverage options like Earthquake or Superpower. However, Dragonite is likely to do more work on the special side with strong STAB Draco Meteors and powerful coverage between Fire Blast, Ice Beam and Thunderbolt. Extreme Speed is still a must-have to finish off faster opponents that survived one of its special moves or setup sweepers. Inner Focus is not a very useful ability with its only real upside being an Intimidate immunity, but with that much power, Dragonite doesn't really need a good ability.

:sv/Beedrill:

Pokemon: Beedrill
Niche: XY OU (Offensive Wallbreaker)
Stats: 70/119/50/10/71/125 (445)
Type: Flying/Poison
Abilities:
Bee | Honey Gather
This Pokemon gets a 1.5 boost in its Bug-Type moves

New Moves: Dual Wingbeat, Attack Order

Removed Moves: -

Description: Beedrill finally got its time to shine in OU because of its newly aquired mega form in XY, it did fell down to UU because of its mega slot competition, but still had a small niche in OU due to its insane damage output, a devastating Adaptability-boosted U-Turn with 150 atk and 145 speed, but horrible typing, defenses, and being weak to srocks. In this submission i decided to go for emulating its mega form, nerfing its attack and speed to still be huge, but not as big as Mega-Beedrill's since it can hold an item now, but changing its typing to flying, it still retains its srock weakness, but now has a better STAB and STAB move in Dual Wingbeat, and it still retains its strong STAB U-Turn due to Bee, and getting a better bug STAB in Attack Order when staying in, it still has its weak defenses in order to balance itself, but now has a better defensive typing that lets it switch into ground moves for free

:sv/Marowak:

Pokemon: Marowak
Niche: GSC OU (Offensive Wallbreaker/Sweeper)
Stats: 90/140/130/50/90/45
Type: Ground
Abilities:
Battle Armor
New Moves: Stone Edge, Dust Dash
40BP | 100% Acc | 32PP | Physical | Ground | +1 Priority

Description: GSC Marowak has the highest attack possible in all of GSC when holding the Thick Bone, and since (for what i understand) its not able to use it anymore due to both Marowak and the Thick Bone being dexited, i made its attack higher manually, so now it can hold other items like Leftovers, Clear Amulet, Choice Band, Assault Vest, etc, and gave it Stone Edge to deal with flying types, making it a formidable bulky offensive threat even with a single STAB, it also now has access to a priority STAB move in Dust Dash, which helps it greatly against faster mons, and makes its sd sets very dangerous

:sv/Kingler:
Niche: RBY OU (Offensive Sweeper)
Stats: 80/115/105/50/80/60 (495)
Type: Water/Normal
Abilities:
Hyper Cutter/Reckless | Knockout
When this Pokemon hits an opponent, in the next turn the opponent's speed is halved

New Moves: Jet Punch, Wave Crash, Double Edge, Quick Attack
Description: Kingler had a small OU niche in RBY due to being one of the strongest physically offensive mons with a good defensive typing and defense, access to Hyper Beam and overall being very strong when the enemy team is worn down and has paralyzed mons to help with its speed problems, but its held back by its poor offensive typing since its only STAB is special, competition from other, more prominent physical attackers on the tier like Tauros, Snorlax, Rhydon, etc, relying on paralyzis and being weak to it, and having a bad Special and HP, in this submission i gave Kingler the Normal type due to it relying on Hyper Beam for physical damage, and also using Body Slam or Stomp on its RBY sets, now it can use STAB Double Edge for damage, and can even boost it further with Reckless, and also boosting its new Water STAB, Wave Crash with it, and it can also use its unique ability, Knockout to outspeed opposing mons and get 2 hits in switch-ins if it outspeeds them, or helping its teamates if it gets ko'd and manages to get a STAB Jet Punch or Quick Attack out, giving slower offensive mons the opportunity to revenge kill, and now can run Swords Dance sets more reliably due to now having priority

Last edited:
:rb/Tauros:
Pokémon: Tauros
Niche: Gen 1 OU Tauros (Physical Wallbreaker with Special coverage)
Stats: 75 HP / 100 Atk / 95 Def / 70 SpA / 70 SpD / 110 Spe [BST: 520]
Type: Normal
Abilities: Intimidate / Unstoppable | Sheer Force (HA)
Unstoppable: This Pokémon no longer needs to recharge if the move knocks out the target.
New Moves: Throat Chop, Horn Leech, Headlong Rush
Removed Moves: None

Descriptions: The original GOAT (or bull) wants to make its presence known. Tauros works as a classic fast offensive Pokémon with a lot of coverage options thanks to being a Gen 1 Normal Type. It has 3 great abilities to choose from: it can go with Sheer Force to boost its special coverage and negate Life Orb recoil, or it could also use its Unstoppable ability to work like Hyper Beam Tauros back in Gen 1 but with Giga Impact this time around. Headlong Rush is a stronger Ground-type coverage to keep up with a possible and likely power creep. It gets back its Gen 1 stats for flavor, and to boost the power of its special coverage moves especially on Sheer Force sets.
:sm/Charizard:
Pokémon: Charizard
Niche: Gen 7 OU (Special Wallbreaker, Sun setter, Hazard Remover)
Stats: 78 HP / 74 Atk / 88 Def / 109 SpA / 85 SpD / 100 Spe [BST: 534]
Type: Fire/Flying
Abilities: Drought | Solar Power (HA)
New Moves: Scorching Sands, Roost, Defog, Toxic

Descriptions: Based on its Y Mega, Charizard is quite a versatile Pokemon that can either serve as a cornerstone on Sun Teams, be a dedicated hazard remover, or be a standalone wallbreaker. Fire/Flying is an underrated typing that works well both offensively and defensively (thanks to HBD). I moved some if its Attack stat to Defense so it can perform a defensive role as well for more versatility. Charizard also regains all of its useful dexited moves for better coverage and utility.

:dp/Nidoqueen:
Pokémon: Nidoqueen
Niche: Gen 4 OU (Defensive hazard setter)
Stats: 100 HP / 82 Atk / 87 Def / 75 SpA / 85 SpD / 76 Spe [BST: 505]
Type: Poison/Ground
Abilities: Stamina / Rivalry | Sheer Force (HA)
New Moves: Pain Split

Descriptions: Nidoqueen leverages on her good defensive typing and well-rounded bulk to check potent offensive types while using free turns (due to forcing opponents out) to set up hazards. I moved the +10 Atk buff in Gen 6 to her HP stat to give her better defensive capabilites. Nidoqueen has the freedom to choose between 2 good abilities, Sheer Force to work as a bulky attacker, while Stamina allows it to work a more dedicated physical wall role. Pain Split gives Nidoqueen some sort of recovery since I think a reliable recovery move would be too drastic of a buff.

:rb/Articuno:
Pokémon: Articuno
Niche: Gen 1 OU (Special Wallbreaker)
Stats: 90 HP / 85 Atk / 100 Def / 125 SpA / 95 SpD / 85 Spe [BST: 580]
Type: Ice/Flying
Abilities: Pressure / Compound Eyes (HA)
New Moves: Roost, Toxic

Descriptions: Articuno's claim to fame back in Gen 1 was its Blizzard, being the strongest special attack in the game. It gets back its 125 Special Attack stat it had back in Gen 1 to nuke with STAB Blizzard and Hurricane. Compound Eyes helps a lot with their accuracy, while also emulating the 90% accuracy of Blizzard back in Gen 1.

Last edited:
:gs/Machamp:
Pokémon: Machamp
Niche: GSC OU
Stats: 100 / 130 / 70 / 65 / 120 / 45 [530 BST]
Type:

Abilities: Inner Focus / Brazen Brawn [HA]
Custom Ability: Brazen Brawn - Moves with less than 100% accuracy have their BP boosted by 1.3x
New Moves: (GSC Machamp Movepool) + Stone Edge, Fire Strike, Bulk Up
Custom Move: Fire Strike - Fire, Physical, 90 BP, 85% Acc, 5 (Max 8) PP, calculates damage using opponent’s Sp. Def stat instead of Def (Non-Contact)

Descriptions: GSC OU Machamp was one of GSC OU’s big breakers, packing strong bulk and attack. It’s primarily known for being an all-out-attacker or setting up with Curse. Either way, Machamp typically ran many risks with its inaccurate attacks of Cross Chop, Rock Slide, and Fire Blast. Custom Ability aims to give more value to these risks, boosting their damage, and Fire Strike serves the same purpose as Fire Blast, but allowing Machamp to utilize its higher attacking stat in exchange for less BP

Last edited:
:rs/gyarados:
Pokémon: Gyarados
Niche: ADV OU (Bulky Dragon Dancer)
Stats: 95 / 120 / 86 / 60 / 100 / 88
Type:
Flying
Ground

Abilities: Intimidate / Shed Skin
New Moves: Rock Slide, Brave Bird
Removed Moves: all water moves

Descriptions: gyarados solidified itself as a great ddancer in adv ou, by virtue of its good bulk, high attack and ground immunity. since it commonly ran rest, i gave gyarados shed skin as an alternative to intimidate so that it can utilize rest more effectively, as well as brave bird for flying stab and rock slide for more accurate rock coverage than stone edge. both brave bird and rock slide mimic gyarados' tendency to run hp flying and hp rock, respectively, to handle its usual counters.

:gyarados: @ :leftovers:
Ability: Intimidate / Shed Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Brave Bird
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang / Rest

:bw/alakazam:
Pokémon: Alakazam
Niche: BW OU (Magic Guard wallbreaker)
Stats: 55 / 50 / 45 / 130 / 80 / 125
Type:
Psychic
Fighting

Abilities: Magic Guard
New Moves: Ice Beam, Mystical Fire
Removed Moves: Nasty Plot

Descriptions: bw alakazam is one of the most prominent pokemon in its metagame because of its amazingly high speed, damage output, and magic guard. alakazam becomes psychic/fighting to gain stab on focus blast, a move that bw alakazam commonly used to defeat pokemon such as tyranitar and heatran. it also gets ice beam and mystical fire as stronger alternatives to hidden power, but lost nasty plot to better reflect its moveset.

:alakazam: @ :focus-sash:
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Encore

Last edited:

LOrd Fernado

I COULD BE BANNED!
:ss/gyarados:
Pokemon: Gyarados
Typing:

Abilities: Intimidate / Moxie / Mold Breaker(HA)
Niche: XY OU (Mega turned base, offensive Ddance)
Stats: 100 / 120 / 99 / 50 / 100 / 81 [BST:550]
Movepool Changes:
+Wicked Torque​
-N/A​
Description: Mega forme, but in base. (I didn't realise it had to be OU based)

:ss/gengar:
Pokemon: Gengar
Typing:

Abilities: Merciless (Triggers on all status effects) / Cursed Body / Levitate(HA)
Niche: DPP OU (Utility)
Stats: 90 / 65 / 90 / 110 / 95 / 100 [BST:550]
Movepool Changes:
+N/A​
-N/A​
Description: Made it bulkier to abuse Black Sludge and gave it Merciless to work with Will O'Wisp. Also gave it the long lost Levitate ability

:ss/aerodactyl:
Pokemon: Aerodactyl
Typing:

Abilities: Armor Tail / Pressure / Prankster(HA)
Niche: BW OU (Suicide Lead)
Stats: 80 / 105 / 65 / 60 / 75 / 130 [BST:515]
Movepool Changes:
+Spikes, Explosion​
-N/A​
Description: Best Suicide lead to run, can run Prankster to set hazards easier or Armor Tail just in case of priority.

:ss/mew:
Pokemon: Mew
Typing:

Abilities: Synchronise / Regenerator(HA)
Niche: BW OU (Defensive)
Stats: 95 / 85 / 90 / 90 / 130 / 110 [BST:600]
Movepool Changes:
+Recover​
-N/A​
Description: Bulky Sp.Defensive mon that's weaker on the physical side and has bad typing.

:ss/magmar:
Pokemon: Magmar
Typing:

Abilities: Flame Body / Vital Spirit / Huge Power (HA)
Niche: ADV OU (Mixed Sweeper)
Stats: 65 / 72 / 95 / 100 / 85 / 93 [BST:510]
Movepool Changes:
+Close Combat​
-N/A​
Description: Mixed sweeper

Last edited:

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
:rb/jolteon:
Pokémon: Jolteon
Niche: rb ou
Stats: 65 / 65 / 60 / 110 / 110 / 130 | 540
Type: Electric
Abilities: Short Circuit (This Pokemon's attacks have a 25% chance to crit.)
Movepool Changes:
+ Aura Sphere, Pollen Puff
Description: replicates its crit mechanics and adds its coverage moves as special attacks. id imagine having crits do 2x damage would be too strong.

:gs/golem:
Pokémon: Golem
Niche: gs ou
Stats: 80 / 110 / 130 / 95 / 75 / 45 | 535
Type: Rock / Ground
Abilities: Sturdy / Rock Head / Volatile (This Pokemon's explosion moves have 2x power.)
Movepool Changes:
+ Rapid Spin
Description: ability lets its explosion do big damage and spa is shored up so it can use fire blast to hit grasses better. spin means it can remove hazards like it did in gen 2 though not sure how effective thatll be hazard setters usually hit it se

:rs/gengar:
Pokémon: Gengar
Niche: rs ou
Stats: 60 / 65 / 60 / 130 / 75 / 110 | 500
Type: Ghost / Poison
Abilities: Levitate / Huge Power
Movepool Changes:
+ Mystical Fire, Overdrive, Aurora Beam,
- Nasty Plot
Description: gave it 3 special moves to replicate 3 special punch moves. huge power lets it use doubled power explosion and a hard-hitting fighting move.

:dp/machamp:
Pokémon: Machamp
Niche: dp ou
Stats: 110 / 140 / 100 / 65 / 85 / 55 | 555
Type: Fighting
Abilities: Guts / No Guard
Movepool Changes:
+ Mach Punch, Knock Off
Description: has a massive atk stat and good bulk with no guard or guts stuff. mach punch so you dont have to rely on bullet punch for priority.

:bw/tentacruel:
Pokémon: Tentacruel
Niche: bw ou
Stats: 80 / 70 / 65 / 100 / 120 / 100 | 535
Type: Water / Poison
Abilities: Clear Body / Liquid Ooze / Auto Heal (This Pokemon heals 1/16 at the end of each turn.)
Description: auto heal replicates tentacruel's infinite healing in rain and a bit of spa was added to make it less passive.

:rs/tyranitar:
Pokémon: Tyranitar
Niche: rs ou
Stats:100 / 134 / 110 / 135 / 50 / 71 | 600
Type: Rock / Dark
Abilities: Sand Stream
Description: with 50 spd it gets rougly 100 spd in sand to replicate sand not boosting rock spd in gen 3. this extra 50 is added to spa to give it niches in mixed sets and some in spe to improve its ddance speeds.

Last edited:

Exeggutor
Niche
: RBY OU - Bulky Special Attacker, Sleeper
Type:

Stats: 95 | 90 | 70 | 120 | 110 | 50 [BST = 540]
Abilities: Harvest, No Guard
Movepool Changes: N/A
Description: Everyone loves Eggy, but it's only ever seen OU relevance in the first two generations, with some niche applications in ADV. With the addition of No Guard it now has 100% accurate sleep through either Hypnosis or Sleep Powder, which in combination with Leech Seed, Dream Eater, Giga Drain, and/or Calm Mind, turn Exeggutor into a bulky beast to be reckoned with. Hopefully it can be kept in check by its middling speed tier, big weakness to U-turn, and the fact that either of its sleep options can be blocked (Dark and Grass, respectively).

Moltres
Niche
: ADV OU - Special Breaker, Utility
Type:

Stats: 95 | 85 | 90 | 125 | 85 | 100 [BST =580]
Abilities: Flame Body, Blaze
Movepool Changes: +Energy Ball
Description: A late bloomer to the ADV OU metagame, Moltres found its place as a potent special attacker and punisher to the many Steels of the tier, such as Metagross and Jirachi. It regains its solid Grass + Fire offensive combo thanks to Energy Ball, and now has Defog in addition to Will-o-Wisp for great utility options. Slap on HDB and take your pick between Flame Body to punish physical hits ala SV UU Talonflame, or Blaze for additional firepower (heh) when low on health.

Starmie
Niche
: XY OU - Spinner, Special Attacker
Type:

Stats: 60 | 75 | 95 | 100 | 95 | 115 [BST= 540]
Abilities: Natural Cure, Analytic, Chromatophore (User becomes the opposing Pokemon's type upon switching in)
Movepool Changes: +Power Gem, Dark Pulse
Description: Starmie is an evergreen competitive Pokemon with good offensive and defensive capabilities and access to Rapid Spin, whose last appearance in OU was Gen 6 before succumbing to power creep. One of the reasons for its downfall is not having enough defenses for its utility role, so I bumped up those stats accordingly. An interesting aspect about XY Starmie is that it would run the move Reflect Type in order to avoid Sucker Punch and Pursuit trapping, so it now has a custom ability that lets it do so instantly, which pairs well with its solid movepool.

edits: changed moltres' HA from berserk bc it only procs from direct damage, so no sr punishing :( Removed sr from eggy and psychic from moltres to better comply with rules, since they aren't necessary to their kit (if the additions were okay let me know). I think starmie's move additions are fine though so that it can take more advantage of custom ability, especially dark pulse. Forgot to list typings in initial post, none of them were changed but still. Various description tweaks

Last edited:

ItzaDelta

formerly I-Deepblue-I
:gs/cloyster:
Pokémon: Cloyster
Niche: GSC OU / Hazard setter, Hazard Remover, Physical Wall.
Stats: 60/95/180/85/75/90 (585)
Type: Water
Abilities: Shell Armor / Technician
Movepool: Gen 2 Cloyster's movepool + Kaboom and Shock Wave
Typing: Normal
BP: 250
PP: 5
Accuracy: 100%
Category: Physical
Effect: The user faints after using this move, unless this move has no target. The target's Defense is halved during damage calculation. This move is prevented from executing if any active Pokemon has the Damp Ability.
Description: Good ol' Cloyster, being a super bulky water type with Spikes and Rapid Spin will never be bad. Kaboom is just a callback to old Explosion and the heightened special defense and speed are reminiscent of the increased stats in Gen 2.

Last edited:

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
These are some fucking cool Cloysters

:rb/Gengar:
Name: Gengar
Niche: RBY OU (Status Inducer, Normal type check, General Annoyance)
Stats: 85/65/60/130/130/110 (580)
Type:

Abilities: Neutralizing Gas
Move Additions: Boo!*, Kaboom*, Thunderjolt*, Sleep Powder
Move Removals: All Attacking Ghost moves sans Night Shade and Shadow Sneak, Nasty Plot
(Gen 9 Gengar's Movepool as Base)
Name: Boo!
Power: 135
PP: 5/8
Category:

Type:

Effect: The user faints after using this move, unless this move broke the target's substitute. The target's Defense is halved during damage calculation.
Flags: Snatch, Damp

Ghost STAB Gen 1 Self Destruct. Having big Explosion isn't really enough for Gengar, so we decided to add an option to scare out Ghosts who might try to hustle and block our main way of dealing damage.

Name: Kaboom
Power: 250
Category:

Type:

Effect: The user faints after using this move, unless this move broke the target's substitute. The target's Defense is halved during damage calculation.
Flags: Snatch, Damp

Gen 1 Explosion replicated for modern times. Kills anything that doesn't resist tbh.

Name: Thunderjolt
Power: 100
Accuracy: 95%
PP: 15/24
Category:

Type:

Effect: 10% chance to paralyze. Guaranteed crit against slower opponents.

Gen 1 Thunderbolt, equipped with it's hair tearing miss rate and the propensity to land critical hits if foe is slower just like Gen 1's crit rate.
Gengar in Gen 1 is completely unrecognizable from it's modern day equivalent, a Pokémon focused on maximizing it's positive matchup versus dominating Normal types and being scared to face any Psychic it could find. Neutralizing Gas is here because Gengar didn't play with nor against abilities in Gen 1, so it would do so here either. Kaboom and Thunderjolt replicate it's Gen 1 experience to the best of modern science allows it, while Boo! is a special treat due to the unfortunate truth that multiple means of stopping Explosion (aka more Ghosts) exist in modern times, and this set will hope to challenge that. Sleep Powder is arguably better Hypnosis outside of the Grass matchup, which is a fair enough trade tbh. Stat line is an improved version of the classic variant with a special stat instead of SpA and SpD, making Gengar alot harder to kill. Play with this thing as a major annoying menace, designed to shit on teams however it can with it's moves and typing.

:rb/Tauros:
Name: Tauros
Niche: RBY OU (Physical Wallbreaker, Mixed Wallbreaker)
Stats: 75/120/95/90/70/110 (560)
Type:

Abilities: By The Horns* | HA: Sheer Force
Move Additions: Big Chill*
Move Removals: N/A
(Gen 9 Tauros Movepool as Base)
This Pokémon no longer needs to recharge if said move knocks out the target. Recharge moves used by this Pokémon while holding the Muscle Band are boosted by 1.2.
Name: Big Chill
Power: 120
Accuracy: 90%
Category:

Type:

Effect: 10% chance to Freeze.

Gen 1 Blizzard, very important for our modern day Tauros's toolkit.
Big Tauros is back, with a large power bump from it's old Gen 1 days to keep up with the general powercreep that happened in all these years (Lefties, AV, the concept of EVs). 120 Atk is nothing to scoff at, and allows Tauros to punch big holes in anything that doesn't resist it's Body Slam / Double Edge. With By The Horns, Giga Impact becomes a frightening tool versus offense, particularly when equipped with Muscle Band. On the flipside, Sheer Force let's Tauros best physical walls trying to beat it with LO boosted coverage. It struggles with bulky Ghost types just like it did, but coverage options should leave a big dent in them.

Last edited:

Paulluxx

[Regional Manager of Big Shifu]
is a Community Contributor
:xy/starmie:
Pokémon: Starmie
Niche: RBY OU
Stats: 60 / 75 / 110 (+25) / 115(+15) / 125 (+40) / 115
Type: Water / Psychic
Abilities: Magic Guard
New Moves: Regenerate
Removed Moves: Rapid Spin

Regenerate: 32 PP Recover Clone

Descriptions: I wanted a way to demonstrate Starmies offensive potential while amping up its defensive utility. It can run life orb with no drawback now while still being able to act as a decently strong stopgap to certain Pokémon. Able to thunder wave faster threats to guarantee future progress to be made. I removed its later gen utility so it could better act as what it is in RBY OU. Additionally it’s uninvested defenses are brought into an area where you can freely invest in HP and special attacks

might add more but this is Starmies past in a modern metagame

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)