Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Hello,

I wanted to RNG a Shiny Articuno on cartridge.
Is there anyway because it doesn't matter how much i increase the frame. I can't get good IVs + shininess.

Skymin_Flower

It's Seed Flare time.
How does Method H-1 correlate to Method 1? Frame/Seed offset-wise?
Usually up to a few hundred off frame-wise, and the order is not the same so it isn't as simple as adding + 100 frames to the Method 1 spread, for example. Spreads are the same though.

Hello,

I wanted to RNG a Shiny Articuno on cartridge.
Is there anyway because it doesn't matter how much i increase the frame. I can't get good IVs + shininess.
You need to RNG your TID / SID combo first, otherwise you are right, you cannot get good IVs + shininess (I am assuming this is 3rd or 4th gen).

You need to RNG your TID / SID combo first, otherwise you are right, you cannot get good IVs + shininess (I am assuming this is 3rd or 4th gen).
Yes, Gen IV. I already have my TID/SID. I already bred some shiny Pokemon with good IVs.
I was just wondering because some people have shiny legendaries from Gen IV.

Thanks for the answer!

Skymin_Flower

It's Seed Flare time.
Yes, Gen IV. I already have my TID/SID. I already bred some shiny Pokemon with good IVs.
I was just wondering because some people have shiny legendaries from Gen IV.

Thanks for the answer!
Ah it is because an Egg's PID + IVs are generated seperately. So you can RNG for a PID that will be shiny, and THEN RNG for the good IVs. With legendary Pokemon (or wild Pokemon) the PID + IVs are generated together, by a method called Method K (for HG/SS). So as a result, good IV spreads are very limited, so you need to start a new file and specifically RNG a TID / SID combo to make one of those spreads shiny :)

Could you give me a specific example?
Well I'm trying for a shiny Adamant 5IV Nincada in Ruby.
5/6 4/5 tried flawless Adamant spreads don't show up under H-1.
eg: PID C5247904, occurs first on seed 7040 frame 88957. If I enter that seed into RNG reporter, it will list a 5IV Adamant spread under Method 1, but not under Method H-1.
The only PID I found that did show up under H-1 is A777C735, but that's just encounter slot 1, and I need 2 and 4.

Last edited:

Skymin_Flower

It's Seed Flare time.
Well I'm trying for a shiny Adamant 5IV Nincada in Ruby.
5/6 tried flawless Adamant spreads don't show up under H-1.
eg: PID C5247904, occurs first on seed 7040 frame 88957. If I enter that seed into RNG reporter, it will list a 5IV Adamant spread under Method 1, but not under Method H-1.
The only PID I found that did show up under H-1 is A777C735, but that's just encounter slot 1, and I need 2 and 4.
I don't know why I asked because I can't actually use RNG Reporter now............ silly of me.

I'm trying to remember how exactly I did this.. it's been a while. I may have literally just run through all 4.2 (ish) billion combinations on RNG Reporter lol.

And by the way I just checked a couple of my wild Sapphire RNGs. Most of them are Method H-4 and I remember encountering a solid mix of H-2 and H-4, rather than H-1. I know a lot of places say that R/S wilds are Method H-1 only but I am pretty sure that is not that case.

I don't know why I asked because I can't actually use RNG Reporter now............ silly of me.

I'm trying to remember how exactly I did this.. it's been a while. I may have literally just run through all 4.2 (ish) billion combinations on RNG Reporter lol.

And by the way I just checked a couple of my wild Sapphire RNGs. Most of them are Method H-4 and I remember encountering a solid mix of H-2 and H-4, rather than H-1. I know a lot of places say that R/S wilds are Method H-1 only but I am pretty sure that is not that case.
Really?
I used lua scripts on emulator to check IVs of wild Pokémon and they were consistently Method-1 IVs, not 2 or 4.

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I don't want to battle in Gen IV. I want to transfer it to ORAS. However, RNGReporter doesn't give me spread with 0 Atk for Foul Play damage :(
Since you appear to be asking an RNG related question, I'll direct you to this thread.

Also, you need to specify a nature. That IV spread definitely exists (for Quiet and Lonely...).

Edit:
What's the best IV Spreed for Hidden Power Fighting on Articuno considering Stealth Rock etc.? (Gen IV)

I would say: 31/00/30/30/30/30 because then the HP is uneven on LvL 50 and 100.
I was responding to this request; just quoted the most recent message in that conversation...

Last edited:
Since you appear to be asking an RNG related question, I'll direct you to this thread.

Also, you need to specify a nature. That IV spread definitely exists (for Quiet and Lonely...).
Thanks but this was a statement not a question :D

I don't get a 31/00/30/30/30/30 spread for Modest nature.

Thanks anyway :3

Hey sorry to ask something again. I want to RNG a Pokemon in the Safari Zone who needs a specific amount of days to pass until it appears.
Can I just set the time to 23:59, wait one minute. Save and repeat the process.
This works for Apricorns at least.

Edit:
And do I really need to find a seed with a specific delay and frame which gives me the encounter slot I want?

Hey sorry to ask something again. I want to RNG a Pokemon in the Safari Zone who needs a specific amount of days to pass until it appears.
Can I just set the time to 23:59, wait one minute. Save and repeat the process.
This works for Apricorns at least.

Edit:
And do I really need to find a seed with a specific delay and frame which gives me the encounter slot I want?
For the time thing, I believe you need to wait out those days/use blocks to shorten the wait/use an AR code to reduce the wait, since the game detects if you change the time and probably freezes/resets the timer for block based safari zone pokemon.

For the second question, if you want a given spread on a certain pokemon, you must use a spread that has its encounter slot be a slot that the pokemon occurs in.

Now that Citra development has advanced that Pokémon games can run (though not well), can we expect someone to dissect the seeds/spreads for Gen 6 games any time soon? Or is that not feasible yet?

Hey guys! I'm new to the Smogon community. I've been a Pokemon player for years now but just recently getting into streaming on Twitch, so I'm finding myself joining and enjoying every minute of the Pokemon community as a whole! I look forward to getting to know you all!

Which... brings me to my question.. I've been looking for information on how to RNG manipulate gen-3 starters (specifically squirtle) on FireRed Emulated using live broadcasting at only one segment. I didn't have to go far to see it being used by other popular streamers (WR holders even) and across different message boards. I tried setting everything up myself, following the multiple guides I had found, however two days later I have still yet to accurately pinpoint the frame I'm looking for, or even any frame reasonably close to it. I know that it is a very narrow window (1/60th of a second xD) to press button and accept the correct squirtle.. but after two days of doing nothing but troubleshooting all day and losing stream time ( /cry ) I've come to the conclusion that either the program I'm using to predict pokemon by frame, RNG Reporter, is spitting out incorrect data, or that one of the other programs I'm using to make this happen is either out of date or broken.

To hopefully expand upon my problem here are the programs and versions I'm using:
RNG Reporter 9.96.6 BETA
EonTimer 1.6
As far as emulators go, I've tried 3 different versions of Visual Boy Advance; VBA 1.8, VBA Rerecord and VBA-M.
Every piece of software I've tried and failed with I saw another using successfully via youtube, twitch or a few-year-old forum post. I humbly accept and much appreciate any insight/help on this subject ! (sry for wall of text!!)

[Edit] I'm not opposed to doing speed runs without any tool to assist me but I see a lot of the big guys doing it =D I want to be cool like them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 14)