Most Effective Clefable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karrot

plant
is a Past WCoP Champion
This is more of a general response to the last three posts, but there is a big difference between automatically absorbing toxic spikes and taking no damage as opposed to taking damage with a guts boost/not taking any damage at all.

With the poison types who can switch in and immediately remove Toxic Spikes, you would have to use even more turns to reset your spikes, whilst when guts and levitating Pokemon switch in, the spikes are still there and you haven't a need to waste more turns getting them up again.

You probably already have my redistributable Clefable, because if not, it has this very same move set and EV spread. And I agree, this is my favorite and most successful set.

XD. No i was lucky enough to win one of Shadow_Master's, but i have been wanting to trade for one of yours.

This thing is mega annoying. My 3x CM Mismagius couldn't do more than like 14% with HP Fighting after the CP's. Needless to say I was stalled to death.

This + SS or Hail = annoying and mean :(

I use this clefable on a stall team:
Clefable: toxic orb
(+spec def, -speed) Nature
EVS: 252 HP / 252 spec def
~ Facade
~ Fire Blast
~ Protect
~ Wish

I use this clefable on a stall team:
Clefable: toxic orb
(+spec def, -speed) Nature
EVS: 252 HP / 252 spec def
~ Facade
~ Fire Blast
~ Protect
~ Wish
On my stall team I use:

Clefable (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP/120 Def/136 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Cosmic Power
- Softboiled
- Protect
- Ice Beam

(with sandstream and toxic spikes)

a clefable on a stall team without cosmic power?
looking at clefable move wise it has very little going for it

a clefable on a stall team without cosmic power?
looking at clefable move wise it has very little going for it
What? Its movepool is full of useful moves for both sides of the spectrum, it can effectively support, attack, or a mix of both. Its because of this that its unpredictability is one of its biggest assets. Seriously do you even think what your posting?

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Clefable users I dislike:
1. People who think critical hits never happen or that Cosmic Power sets in general work (OP, the guy who made the Deoxys set, etc).
2. People who think a Facade off 70 Attack makes sense in OU when there's Ursaring and Swellow to do the same thing better (sure, less tanking, but still).

Anyway, Clefable could abuse cool stuff like Encore, the relatively unique Gravity, and stuff. It's not the best defensively other than being immune to everything, but Softboiled is cool so I guess defensive sets / Calm Mind would work.

Also, wouldn't Life Orb Double-Edge be better than max Facade? Other than the status protection, that is.

Clefable users I dislike:
1. People who think critical hits never happen or that Cosmic Power sets in general work (OP, the guy who made the Deoxys set, etc).
2. People who think a Facade off 70 Attack makes sense in OU when there's Ursaring and Swellow to do the same thing better (sure, less tanking, but still).

Anyway, Clefable could abuse cool stuff like Encore, the relatively unique Gravity, and stuff. It's not the best defensively other than being immune to everything, but Softboiled is cool so I guess defensive sets / Calm Mind would work.

Also, wouldn't Life Orb Double-Edge be better than max Facade? Other than the status protection, that is.
made me lol

btw, Cosmic Power sets do work you're an idiot if you think otherwise

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
"A critical hit!"
Clefable fainted!

That's why Cosmic Power doesn't work. At least with Calm Mind you get boosted attacks.

The status protection of Toxic Orb is pretty nice yeah, but Breloom does the whole "immune to status" bit better. Plus Clefable has shit attack. And, like, 5000 cooler options. And a lack of Guts like Ursaring has.

"A critical hit!"
Clefable fainted!

That's why Cosmic Power doesn't work. At least with Calm Mind you get boosted attacks.

The status protection of Toxic Orb is pretty nice yeah, but Breloom does the whole "immune to status" bit better. Plus Clefable has shit attack. And, like, 5000 cooler options. And a lack of Guts like Ursaring has.
Then your suggestion of moves is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)