Monotype UU Mega-Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Completely off the current topic, but some of the sample teams and viability rankings are no longer compliant with the UU banlist. For sample teams, these are the rock, fighting, and ghost teams. For a couple types, the viability rankings have problems. That being said it might be troublesome to keep the sample teams updated to the monthly banlists. Perhaps in some cases, it would be a good idea to note "Currently banned" as opposed to removing them completely (The VR I believe should be updated regardless)? For example, in the case of ghost, I think some of the Pokemon were banned unfortunately due to LTLC artificially boosting its usage, something Tylacto noted as well. Hopefully with LTLC behind us, the usage banlists will settle down into a relatively stable stat.

And on a very, very unimportant note, rankings was spelled wrong in the post. (and uncapitalized in the title)

I don't think I missed any of the newly banned Pokemon. That'd be quite embarrassing to submit an update that was still wrong. The newly unbanned Pokemon aren't listed yet, of course.

(Final note I swear!) As a fighting main, I obligatorily have to note that Fighting lost all 3 of its S-Rank Pokemon, which is rather saddening.

S-rank

A-rank
Lucario
Mienshao
Scrafty
Toxicroak

B-rank
Chesnaught
Gallade
Hitmonlee
Machamp
Poliwrath
Virizion

C-rank
Hitmontop
Pangoro
Medicham
Sawk
Throh
S-rank
Rotom-Heat

A-rank
Torkoal
Chandelure
Darmanitan
Ninetales

B-rank
Entei
Volcarona
Arcanine
Houndoom-Mega
Delphox

C-rank
Moltres
Camerupt-Mega
Fletchinder
S-rank
Sableye

A-rank
Jellicent
Trevenant

B-rank
Froslass
Cofagrigus
Hoopa
Banette-Mega
Doublade
Dusclops

C-rank
Gourgeist-Super
Spiritomb
Shedinja
Mismagius
Dusknoir
S-rank
Avalugg
Mamoswine

A-rank
Weavile
Piloswine
Cloyster

B-rank
Rotom-F
Cryogonal
Articuno
Froslass
Lapras
Walrein

C-rank
Jynx
Glalie-Mega
Abomasnow-Mega
S-rank
Scolipede

A-rank
Crobat
Drapion
Skuntank
Nidoqueen
Weezing

B-rank
Toxicroak
Amoonguss
Dragalge
Beedrill-Mega

C-rank
Roserade
Golbat
Qwilfish
Ariados
Venusaur
S-rank
Aggron-Mega
Tyranitar

A-rank
Cradily
Diancie
Aerodactyl-Mega
Omastar
Shuckle

B-rank
Archeops
Rhyperior
Tyranitar-Mega
Tyrantrum

C-rank
Aurorus
Armaldo
S-rank
Starmie
Empoleon
Suicune
Lanturn

A-rank
Cloyster
Sharpedo-Mega
Slowbro
Rotom-W
Crawdaunt
Tentacruel
Alomomola

B-rank
Quagsire
Gastrodon
Feraligatr

C-rank
Kingdra
Ludicolo
Kabutops
Blastoise-Mega
Jellicent
Vaporeon
Sharpedo

D-rank
Milotic
Qwilfish
Slowking

Edit:
The VR in this post are only the ones that have changes to be made. The others are fine, as far as I could tell.

scpinion

Life > Monotype... unfortunately :)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Completely off the current topic, but some of the sample teams and viability rankings are no longer compliant with the UU banlist. For sample teams, these are the rock, fighting, and ghost teams. For a couple types, the viability rankings have problems. That being said it might be troublesome to keep the sample teams updated to the monthly banlists. Perhaps in some cases, it would be a good idea to note "Currently banned" as opposed to removing them completely (The VR I believe should be updated regardless)? For example, in the case of ghost, I think some of the Pokemon were banned unfortunately due to LTLC artificially boosting its usage, something Tylacto noted as well. Hopefully with LTLC behind us, the usage banlists will settle down into a relatively stable stat.

And on a very, very unimportant note, rankings was spelled wrong in the post. (and uncapitalized in the title)

I don't think I missed any of the newly banned Pokemon. That'd be quite embarrassing to submit an update that was still wrong. The newly unbanned Pokemon aren't listed yet, of course.

(Final note I swear!) As a fighting main, I obligatorily have to note that Fighting lost all 3 of its S-Rank Pokemon, which is rather saddening.

S-rank

A-rank
Lucario
Mienshao
Scrafty
Toxicroak

B-rank
Chesnaught
Gallade
Hitmonlee
Machamp
Poliwrath
Virizion

C-rank
Hitmontop
Pangoro
Medicham
Sawk
Throh
S-rank
Rotom-Heat

A-rank
Torkoal
Chandelure
Darmanitan
Ninetales

B-rank
Entei
Volcarona
Arcanine
Houndoom-Mega
Delphox

C-rank
Moltres
Camerupt-Mega
Fletchinder
S-rank
Sableye

A-rank
Jellicent
Trevenant

B-rank
Froslass
Cofagrigus
Hoopa
Banette-Mega
Doublade
Dusclops

C-rank
Gourgeist-Super
Spiritomb
Shedinja
Mismagius
Dusknoir
S-rank
Avalugg
Mamoswine

A-rank
Weavile
Piloswine
Cloyster

B-rank
Rotom-F
Cryogonal
Articuno
Froslass
Lapras
Walrein

C-rank
Jynx
Glalie-Mega
Abomasnow-Mega
S-rank
Scolipede

A-rank
Crobat
Drapion
Skuntank
Nidoqueen
Weezing

B-rank
Toxicroak
Amoonguss
Dragalge
Beedrill-Mega

C-rank
Roserade
Golbat
Qwilfish
Ariados
Venusaur
S-rank
Aggron-Mega
Tyranitar

A-rank
Cradily
Diancie
Aerodactyl-Mega
Omastar
Shuckle

B-rank
Archeops
Rhyperior
Tyranitar-Mega
Tyrantrum

C-rank
Aurorus
Armaldo
S-rank
Starmie
Empoleon
Suicune
Lanturn

A-rank
Cloyster
Sharpedo-Mega
Slowbro
Rotom-W
Crawdaunt
Tentacruel
Alomomola

B-rank
Quagsire
Gastrodon
Feraligatr

C-rank
Kingdra
Ludicolo
Kabutops
Blastoise-Mega
Jellicent
Vaporeon
Sharpedo

D-rank
Milotic
Qwilfish
Slowking

Edit:
The VR in this post are only the ones that have changes to be made. The others are fine, as far as I could tell.
thanks—I'm working on updating this thread's OP throughout the day, so I'll make sure to implement these things. For the sample teams I'd already talked with firnen about making sure we list which ones are legal/illegal as the banlist updates.

The VR should stay up to date with the current metagame, so suggest changes! Fwiw, we'll probably freeze the UU VR for a week after the banlist is updated so people get a chance to play test before posting.

Well, I would like to suggest several viability ranking changes as well, mostly to Grass which is the type I play the most.

Mega-Abomasnow (Unranked => B rank)

You might be surprised to see this if you thought Mega-Sceptile would be the only viable mega. Now that Mega-Venusaur's gone, Mega-Abomasnow, although very underrated, can provide some nice utility to Grass teams, and its good defensive stats allows it to act as an effective tank against many Ice types, mainly Mamoswine and Weavile, which can turn to be a threat, since your ferrothorn are most likely not be able to handle all the offensive pressure from Ice teams. Giga Drain is a solid STAB move that often makes it even more durable, and a priority Ice Shard can also come in handy, especially for threats like Hydreigon on Dark. Mega-Abomasnow can also handle Sharpedo/Mega-Sharpedo quite effectively thanks to its bulk, which is hard to handle otherwise because of its Speed Boost, and therefore is a trouble to most offensive pokemons. Still, that requires a bit of support to work effectively since its clear that its typing is far from great but it can perform its role well given Ice (and Dark teams somehow, since it helps vs sharpedo and weavile) teams are way more common in this metagame, and therefore I think B rank is suitable for it.

I also have used it a couple of times myself in my Mono UU team and I can say it worked as I expected. Here are some calcs about how well Physical Defensive Abomasnow can work in this metagame.

252+ Atk Strong Jaw Mega Sharpedo Crunch vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Mega Abomasnow: 159-187 (41.5 - 48.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO (that deals more than Poison Jab, before you ask)
252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Icicle Crash vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Mega Abomasnow: 121-142 (31.5 - 37%) -- 77.4% chance to 3HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Low Kick (100 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Mega Abomasnow: 190-224 (49.6 - 58.4%) -- 96.9% chance to 2HKO (do note though, that even Abomasnow might not be able to switch on its Low Kick, Giga Drain gives it a good amount of sustain that lets it eventually kill Weavile and then finish it with Ice Shard)
244 Atk Life Orb Mamoswine Icicle Crash vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Mega Abomasnow: 126-149 (32.8 - 38.9%) -- 99.8% chance to 3HKO
252+ Atk Refrigerate Mega Glalie Double-Edge vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Mega Abomasnow: 184-217 (48 - 56.6%) -- 88.3% chance to 2HKO (same for Weavile's Low Kick, but Mega Glalie is actually a bit difficult to handle because of its wallbreaking power with Refrigerate, still, Mega-Abomasnow seem to be one of your best options for it)

Serperior (S rank => A)

Serperior is going to have an easier time in this metagame for sure, but that does not mean it will be easily able to sweep as most people actually expect it to do. Poor coverage and subpar Special Attack stats still requires it at least a +2 boost to be reliable, and types such as Electric (Zapdos), Fire (Rotom-Heat), and Poison (nearly everything; Mega Beedrill also a very useful check) can hinder a lot of its effectiveness without much trouble.
It can cripple switchins with Glare and still excels at late game cleaning. Still a good option to be considered should you not use Mega-Sceptile, but I don't find it to be as meta-defining as a S-rank pokemon should be. Not to mention that mons such as Weavile, and other faster mons (be it scarfed or not) often forces Serperior to switch or to accept its fate, even though they might not directly switch in.

Gourgeist (C rank => B)

Well, Gourgeist has proven to do a lot well in this metagame. Firstly because spinners are more prominent as a way of hazard removal (flying no longer a thing, most defog users banned), and Gourgeist can act as a very reliable spinblocker. Secondly, access to Will-o-Wisp and Leech Seed, coupled with great physical bulk, allows it to stall out most physical threats in the metagame, and it can even take several super effective hits such as Knock Off as well. This is also a great check/counter to Mega-Beedrill, which seems to be the most viable Poison Mega (and perharps bug?) for now. And lastly, but not least, priority Shadow Sneak can come in handy on several situations (that won me the game once), still a good move for revenge killing.

Probably coming in with more VR suggestions later, for now I am just mentioning these three pokemons since I am more safe about the opinion I have about their performance.

Last edited:
Like some samples teams have to be removed (Because banned Pokemon are there), I give 2 others.

Drapion @ Black Sludge
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Knock Off
- Taunt
- Poison Jab

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pickpocket
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Power-Up Punch

Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock

Cacturne @ Life Orb
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 152 HP / 252 Atk / 104 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch
- Seed Bomb
- Sucker Punch

Sharpedo @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Crunch
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Fang
- Protect

Pangoro @ Choice Band
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 68 HP / 252 Atk / 188 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch

Piloswine @ Eviolite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Ice Shard
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Nidoking @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Flamethrower

Gliscor @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 76 HP / 252 Atk / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Agility
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 248 HP / 112 Def / 148 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Recover
- Infestation

Zygarde @ Lum Berry
Ability: Aura Break
Serious Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed

Diggersby @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
Happiness: 0
Serious Nature
- Earthquake
- Frustration
- Quick Attack
- Wild Charge

scpinion

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ok guys, as EienSeiryuu mentioned above, we need to update the VR for February. Below, is a list of changes from the previous month (I'll start publishing this with the usage lists).

Psychic gained Alakazam, Meloetta
Fighting lost Heracross, Conkeldurr
Water lost Manaphy; gained Swampert, Gyarados
Steel gained Jirachi, Scizor, Excadrill, Ferrothorn
Dragon gained Latias
Poison lost Nidoking, Tentacruel (rip LTLC)
Fire lost Victini, Heatran
Ground gained Seismitoad
Ghost lost Gengar, Chandelure, Golurk (rip LTLC)
Fairy lost Clefable
Rock lost Terrakion
Ice lost Kyurem-Black

Where should the new pokemon be ranked and why?
What pokemon should move to fill the voids left by some of the bans (let's exclude ghost and poison on this b/c of LTLC)?
Are there other pokemon that should move because of these changes?

Just as a side note, a replay from a recent OT final here http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-333089133

The electric user ended up losing the match as such, but it shows how Rotom-W really controlled the game, and was actually a perfect wincon, but got critted on switch in when in fairness it could have crippled the final threat (Weavile) if a sack was simply made beforehand.

In terms of the February Viability Rankings, I'll copy over the draft version I'd made beforehand with a few changes.

I'm sure it isn't perfect as it was made first made using the original February banlist so I've had to make a reasonable amount of changes so let me know if I've missed anything out. I also considered the posts of EienSeiryuu and juleocesar so some feedback on this would be great.

S-rank
Armaldo
Yanmega
A-rank
Shuckle
Vivillon
Durant
Scolipede
Beedrill-Mega
B-rank
Accelgor
Crustle
Venomoth
C-rank
Escavalier
Ninjask
Shedinja
Volbeat
Illumise
S-rank
Weavile
Hydreigon
A-rank
Krookodile
Sharpedo-Mega
Houndoom-Mega
Sableye
Umbreon
B-rank
Honchkrow
Zoroark
Malamar
Absol-Mega
Scrafty
Skuntank
C-rank
Spiritomb
Cacturne
Liepard
S-rank
Salamance
Kyurem
Tyrantrum
Latias
A-rank
Dragalge
Zygarde
Goodra
Druddigon
B-rank
Flygon
Noivern
Kingdra
Haxorus
C-rank
Altaria
S-rank
Thundurus-I
Magnezone
Zapdos
Rotom-Wash
A-rank
Ampharos-Mega
Manectric-Mega
Raikou

B-rank
Electivire
Luxray
Stunfisk
Eelektross
Rotom-Mow
C-rank
Jolteon
Rotom-Heat
Galvantula
Minun
Plusle
S-rank
Gardevoir-Mega
A-rank
Diancie
Gardevoir
Slurpuff
Sylveon
Whimsicott
B-rank
Florges
Granbull
Togetic
Aromatisse
Carbink
C-rank
Mawile
Mr. Mime
S-rank
Lucario
Scrafty
A-rank
Mienshao
Toxicroak
B-rank
Chesnaught
Gallade
Hitmonlee
Machamp
Virizion
Sawk
Poliwrath
C-rank
Hitmontop
Pangoro
Medicham
Throh
S-rank
Volcarona
Rotom-Heat
A-rank
Chandelure
Darmanitan
Ninetales
Entei
Torkoal
B-rank
Houndoom-Mega
Delphox
Fletchinder
Arcanine
C-rank
Moltres
Camerupt-Mega
Emboar
S-rank
Mandibuzz
Tornadus-Therian
Gyarados
A-rank
Salamance
Aerodactyl-Mega
Pidgeot-Mega
Articuno
Staraptor
Gligar
B-rank
Hawlucha
Crobat
Aerodactyl
Honchkrow
Xatu
Tornadus
C-rank
Archeops
Braviary
Sigilyph
Moltres
S-rank
Sableye
A-rank
Jellicent
Trevenant
Hoopa
B-rank
Froslass
Cofagrigus
Banette-Mega
Doublade
Dusclops
Gorgeist-Super
Mismagius
C-rank
Spiritomb
Shedinja
S-rank
Ferrothorn
Breloom
A-rank
Serperior
Cradily
Sceptile-Mega
Amoonguss
Rotom-Mow
Whimsicott
B-rank
Shiftry
Roserade
Ludicolo
Celebi
Venusaur
Gorgeist-Super
Abomasnow-Mega

C-rank
Chesnaught
Lilligant
Leavanny
S-rank
Diggersby
Nidoking
A-rank
Gastrodon
Gliscor
Krookodile
Landorus
Zygarde
Seismitoad
B-rank
Camerupt-Mega
Steelix-Mega
Rhyperior
Swampert
Swampert-Mega
Torterra
Piloswine
C-rank
Donphan
Nidoqueen
Golem
S-rank
Avalugg
Mamoswine
A-rank
Weavile
Piloswine
Cloyster
Abomasnow-Mega
B-rank
Rotom-Frost
Glalie-Mega
Articuno
Froslass
Lapras
Walrein
C-rank
Jynx
Cryogonal
S-rank
Pidgeot-Mega
Meloetta
A-rank
Blissey
Staravia
Audino-Mega
Miltank
Porygon-Z
Ditto
Snorlax
Smeargle
B-rank
Exploud
Cincinno
Ambipom
C-rank
Kecleon
Slaking
Pyroar
Furfrou
S-rank
Scolipede
A-rank
Crobat
Weezing
Beedrill-Mega
Drapion
Skuntank
Nidoqueen
B-rank
Toxicroak
Dragalge
Golbat
Amoonguss
C-rank
Roserade
Quilfish
Ariados
S-rank
Gardevoir
Latias
Meloetta
A-rank
Deoxys-Defence
Gallade
Metagross
Deoxys-Speed
Alakazam
Cresselia
B-rank
Celebi
Medicham
Espeon
Starmie
Azelf
Delphox
C-rank
Malamar
Wobbufett
S-rank
Aggron-Mega
Tyranitar
A-rank
Cradily
Diancie
Aerodactyl-Mega
Omastar
Shuckle
Tyranitar-Mega
B-rank
Archeops
Rhyperior
Tyrantrum
C-rank
Aurorus
Armaldo
Barbaracle
S-rank
Empoleon
Lucario
Jirachi
Scizor
Excadrill
A-rank
Klefki
Metagross
Aggron
Durant
Magneton
Ferrothorn
Aggron-Mega
B-rank
Registeel
Steelix-Mega
Cobalion
C-rank
Forretress
Mawile
S-rank
Starmie
Empoleon
Suicune
A-rank
Gyarados
Cloyster
Sharpedo-Mega
Swampert
Slowbro
Crawdaunt
Tentaruel
Lanturn
B-rank
Quagsire
Gastrodon
Feraligatr
Rotom-Wash
Slowbro
Kingdra
Alomomola
C-rank
Ludicolo
Kabutops
Blastoise-Mega
Jellicent
Vaporeon
Sharpedo
D-rank
Milotic
Quilfish

Last edited:
Mamoswine is banned for Ground type.
So, I think Piloswine is B rank for sub its evolution.
Well there's something I've missed. Thanks for noticing, I'll make the change as soon as I can, and also as a really effective special wallbreaker, one of the types only aside from Camerupt which has far lower speed, I'd appreciate some thoughts on Nidoking for S Rank (Ground).

Well, Nidoking will be the main special sweeper for ground now Lando is gone.
So I'm pretty sure Nidoking will be in most Ground teams, so I think Nidoking may deserve its S/A rank.

Not sure how to address the issue here, but I hope a text post can serve my purpose.

I'd like to bring up the issue of Fire-type teams in UU Monotype. With the inclusion of Drought Ninetails and allowing Heat Rock, it completely changes the dynamics of UU Fire teams. With Politoed banned, there is no "mirror counter" to Drought Ninetails. Having sun set up on a fire team virtually nullifies all counters to fire. For instance, water types would have to dedicate a move to Rain Dance and hope to outspeed the impending 1-turn Solar Beam. The same goes for Ground teams who are rendered virtually useless as their speed tiers are significantly lower than most UU Fire and they don't have access to counter Drought with the banning of Hippowdon.

Effectively, without a ban on Drought Ninetails (specifically with Heat Rock), Fire Teams have become grossly overpowered with virtually no checks. Traditional checks are all weak to Solar Beam including Ground, Rock, and Water. Heat Rock makes it easier for Fire Teams to sweep all checks.

Please consider a suspect test of Drought Ninetails.

Cheers,

Tweedle

Not sure how to address the issue here, but I hope a text post can serve my purpose.

I'd like to bring up the issue of Fire-type teams in UU Monotype. With the inclusion of Drought Ninetails and allowing Heat Rock, it completely changes the dynamics of UU Fire teams. With Politoed banned, there is no "mirror counter" to Drought Ninetails. Having sun set up on a fire team virtually nullifies all counters to fire. For instance, water types would have to dedicate a move to Rain Dance and hope to outspeed the impending 1-turn Solar Beam. The same goes for Ground teams who are rendered virtually useless as their speed tiers are significantly lower than most UU Fire and they don't have access to counter Drought with the banning of Hippowdon.

Effectively, without a ban on Drought Ninetails (specifically with Heat Rock), Fire Teams have become grossly overpowered with virtually no checks. Traditional checks are all weak to Solar Beam including Ground, Rock, and Water. Heat Rock makes it easier for Fire Teams to sweep all checks.

Please consider a suspect test of Drought Ninetails.

Cheers,

Tweedle
I can see where you're coming from with the weather setting being extremely powerful, however I think we're forgetting that there was no exact "mirror match" in the first place.

Water teams have had numerous Swift Swim abusers, getting the boost in the Speed stat, which is incredibly important, where as when you look at Fire, there are no Chlorophyll users, meaning that Choice Scarves can always be a get out of jail free card.

So I'd be very opposed to a drought Ninetales suspect, however where I do think you have a point is with the Heat Rock support. 8 Turns of weather is hugely game changing in most cases, and considering how it's banned in our normal Monotype tier, i think that's worth looking at.

I can see where you're coming from with the weather setting being extremely powerful, however I think we're forgetting that there was no exact "mirror match" in the first place.

Water teams have had numerous Swift Swim abusers, getting the boost in the Speed stat, which is incredibly important, where as when you look at Fire, there are no Chlorophyll users, meaning that Choice Scarves can always be a get out of jail free card.

So I'd be very opposed to a drought Ninetales suspect, however where I do think you have a point is with the Heat Rock support. 8 Turns of weather is hugely game changing in most cases, and considering how it's banned in our normal Monotype tier, i think that's worth looking at.
Everyone looks at Chlorophyll as the reason why Drizzle has been banned and I implore you to look past that. Aside from doubling the speed of some users for a few turns, what else does Drizzle do? It allows a 100% accurate Thunder and Hurricane. Electric teams are fairly rare and I don't know if I've ever seen anyone run Hurricane in conjunction with Drizzle.

That said, look at what Drought does. It gives Solar Power a straight 50% bump to SpA (Flame Thrower just went from 90 to 135 which is stronger than Thunder and Hurricane AND still gets STAB). It also allows Solar Beam to be a sweep mechanic which is unlike anything Drizzle does. It effectively gives Fire types the ultimate trump card. To further add insult to injury, water types now deal neutral damage to fire types.

So, please, PLEASE, look past the "Chlorophyll doesn't exist for Fire" and look at what sunlight does for a fire team. If you don't feel that a Ninetails/CharY suspect is warranted, at the very least consider bringing back Politoed. Though, I feel that Politoed won't fix problems and will only exacerbate an entirely new set of issues.

Charizard Y is banned, I don't know why you notice it. Only Ninetales is playable with Drought in UU.
I'm agree with the fact you don't have to limite boost speed for weathers.
But I think it's risky to play others Pokemon than Ninetales with Solarbeam, so, it restricts Solar Beam spam in Fire teams.
I think the only think who may be very very very powerful is Darmanitan under sun who spam Flare Blitz (Scarf, LO). Check are rares, but it's the same in regular monotype (Only Politoed (It won't be released except if its usage drops a lot), Hippowdon (banned) and Tyranitar (Dark-banned) are able to check Darmanitan under sun).
Here is a replay who shows Heat Rock may be really powerful if well used ( Solar Power Houndoom 6-7 turn is a real thing in addition of others Pokemons): http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-336239735
Should it be banned? I don't know yet, I think the best way is to show some replays Tweedledope.
Because theory is sometimes different than reality.

Edit:
2 others replays:
• Vs Water: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-336259276
• Vs Electric: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-336253327

Last edited:
Since I'm being forced to write this.. cough FIRNEN cough, here it is :(

I may sound a bit biased, and maybe I am, but this is for you to judge. (Sae recently got swept by a Mega Pedo in MonoPL) I assure you I am not, although it may look like it, but I was wondering if the UU council could maybe suspect Sharpedonite. Mega Sharpedo is a threat in both Mono UU and normal Monotype. It becomes almost impossible to revenge kill after a couple of turns outside of priority, and UU simply does not have the walls to deal with it since most of its checks / counters are banned. Crunch is also insanely powerful, and Ice Fang / Earthquake / Waterfall provide near perfect coverage. The 2 types that have this monster, happen to be excellent types in UU (Dark / Water), and both can provide enough support for it to sweep late game. You might say you can use stuff like a Colbur berry to deal with it, and you could on Psychic as it is a perfectly viable option. However, Mega Sharpedo also sweeps types such as Flying, Ground, Dragon, Psychic, Rock, Fire, Ghost and others I forgot to list. Once its few checks are worn down, Sharpedo can even easily beat Non Stall Water, Bug, Steel etc etc. You get the idea. When Firnen and I were talking about it, I thought it should be banned on both types, but Fírnen said that it should only be banned on Dark. I personally don't mind, but I would like to hear your reasoning. :)

Calcs:

252+ Atk Strong Jaw Mega Sharpedo Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gastrodon: 208-246 (48.8 - 57.7%) -- 53.1% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Strong Jaw Mega Sharpedo Ice Fang vs. 248 HP / 136+ Def Mandibuzz: 190-224 (44.9 - 52.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Strong Jaw Mega Sharpedo Ice Fang vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Druddigon: 190-224 (53 - 62.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Strong Jaw Mega Sharpedo Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Doublade: 164-194 (50.9 - 60.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Strong Jaw Mega Sharpedo Crunch vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Empoleon: 253-298 (68.1 - 80.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

There are many others, but they are obvious 1HKOs like Crunch vs Latias etc.
You may argue that a 2HKO is enough to either threaten it out and kill it but it's not. Sharpedo gets a free turn to Protect or just flat out attack on a majority of UU's mons. So basically every time it switches in, you have to sack a mon.

scpinion

New usage stats are finally here! With them comes some major changes to Mono UU.
Special thanks to Fírnen and Tylacto for helping get this done in a timely manner once we got the stats!

First, the Council are moving Latias, Mega-Sharpedo, and Deoxys-Defense up to Border Line. They've been metagame defining forces for the last month or two and it is clear the meta is not equipped to handle these threats.

As for usage-based changes this month:
  • Thundurus-Therian is allowed on Flying teams; Gliscor and Thundurus-Incarnate also fell below the usage cutoff, but are Border Line.
  • Jirachi is allowed on Psychic.
  • Heracross and Conkeldurr are allowed on Fighting; Mega-Heracross was added to Border Line.
  • Excadrill and Ferrothorn are no longer allowed on Steel.
  • Ferrothorn is no longer allowed on Grass.
  • Crawdaunt is allowed on Dark.
  • Gengar, Nidoking and Tentacruel are allowed on Poison; Mega-Venusaur also fell below the usage cutoff, but is a Border Line Pokemon.
  • Victini and Heatran are allowed on Fire
  • Chandelure and Golurk are allowed on Ghost. Mega-Sableye fell below the usage cutoff, but is a Border Line Pokemon.
  • Rotom-W and Zapdos are no longer allowed on Electric.
The UU banlist spreadsheet is updated to reflect these changes and they will go live on The Lord Monotyke momentarily.

Thoughts on how the most recent update will affect the meta?

We'll revisit the Viability Rankings after a week of play testing.
Code:
+ ---- + -------------------------- + ------- +
| Rank | Pokemon                    | Usage % |
| 1    | Victini (psychic)          |  8.266% |
| 2    | Heatran (steel)            |  8.025% |
| 3    | Skarmory (flying)          |  7.642% |
| 4    | Keldeo (fighting)          |  7.166% |
| 5    | Skarmory (steel)           |  7.040% |
| 6    | Hoopa-Unbound (psychic)    |  6.463% |
| 7    | Scizor-Mega (steel)        |  6.410% |
| 8    | Volcarona (bug)            |  6.236% |
| 9    | Slowbro (psychic)          |  6.225% |
| 10   | Terrakion (fighting)       |  6.016% |
| 11   | Dragonite (flying)         |  5.928% |
| 12   | Dragonite (dragon)         |  5.667% |
| 13   | Mew (psychic)              |  5.309% |
| 14   | Gardevoir-Mega (psychic)   |  5.212% |
| 15   | Kyurem-Black (dragon)      |  5.200% |
| 16   | Togekiss (flying)          |  5.198% |
| 17   | Zapdos (flying)            |  5.129% |
| 18   | Breloom (fighting)         |  5.095% |
| 19   | Azumarill (water)          |  4.949% |
| 20   | Excadrill (ground)         |  4.925% |
| 21   | Keldeo (water)             |  4.854% |
| 22   | Garchomp (dragon)          |  4.793% |
| 23   | Galvantula (bug)           |  4.779% |
| 24   | Scizor (bug)               |  4.765% |
| 25   | Hippowdon (ground)         |  4.658% |
| 26   | Bisharp (dark)             |  4.571% |
| 27   | Mandibuzz (dark)           |  4.378% |
| 28   | Infernape (fighting)       |  4.306% |
| 29   | Hoopa-Unbound (dark)       |  4.295% |
| 30   | Pinsir-Mega (bug)          |  4.238% |
| 31   | Staraptor (normal)         |  4.172% |
| 32   | Bisharp (steel)            |  4.139% |
| 33   | Gallade-Mega (fighting)    |  4.126% |
| 34   | Tyranitar (dark)           |  3.932% |
| 35   | Landorus-Therian (flying)  |  3.922% |
| 36   | Excadrill (steel)          |  3.883% |
| 37   | Charizard-Mega-Y (flying)  |  3.863% |
| 38   | Azumarill (fairy)          |  3.820% |
| 39   | Charizard-Mega-Y (fire)    |  3.818% |
| 40   | Gyarados-Mega (flying)     |  3.787% |
| 41   | Latios (dragon)            |  3.745% |
| 42   | Magnezone (steel)          |  3.718% |
| 43   | Klefki (fairy)             |  3.710% |
| 44   | Hawlucha (fighting)        |  3.653% |
| 45   | Hydreigon (dragon)         |  3.595% |
| 46   | Heracross (bug)            |  3.589% |
| 47   | Mamoswine (ground)         |  3.527% |
| 48   | Forretress (bug)           |  3.498% |
| 49   | Chansey (normal)           |  3.495% |
| 50   | Porygon2 (normal)          |  3.470% |
| 51   | Sableye-Mega (dark)        |  3.369% |
| 52   | Doublade (steel)           |  3.356% |
| 53   | Togekiss (fairy)           |  3.315% |
| 54   | Infernape (fire)           |  3.234% |
| 55   | Gyarados-Mega (water)      |  3.229% |
| 56   | Ferrothorn (steel)         |  3.088% |
| 57   | Lopunny-Mega (normal)      |  3.069% |
| 58   | Ferrothorn (grass)         |  3.061% |
| 59   | Landorus (ground)          |  3.054% |
| 60   | Politoed (water)           |  2.994% |
| 61   | Venusaur-Mega (grass)      |  2.970% |
| 62   | Ditto (normal)             |  2.918% |
| 63   | Landorus (flying)          |  2.898% |
| 64   | Cobalion (fighting)        |  2.894% |
| 65   | Latios (psychic)           |  2.886% |
| 66   | Rotom-Wash (electric)      |  2.874% |
| 67   | Gengar (ghost)             |  2.873% |
| 68   | Latias-Mega (dragon)       |  2.873% |
| 69   | Aegislash (ghost)          |  2.861% |
| 70   | Diggersby (normal)         |  2.846% |
| 71   | Medicham-Mega (fighting)   |  2.779% |
| 72   | Zapdos (electric)          |  2.773% |
| 73   | Clefable (fairy)           |  2.756% |
| 74   | Diancie-Mega (fairy)       |  2.739% |

~~~~~~~~~~~  UU Cutoff is 2.7345%  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

| 75   | Sableye-Mega (ghost)       |  2.705% |
| 76   | Victini (fire)             |  2.703% |
| 77   | Gengar (poison)            |  2.666% |
| 78   | Thundurus (electric)       |  2.644% |
| 79   | Gliscor (flying)           |  2.619% |
| 80   | Thundurus (flying)         |  2.600% |
| 81   | Medicham-Mega (psychic)    |  2.590% |
| 82   | Meloetta (psychic)         |  2.529% |
| 83   | Heracross (fighting)       |  2.515% |
| 84   | Magnezone (electric)       |  2.515% |
| 85   | Starmie (water)            |  2.503% |
| 86   | Heatran (fire)             |  2.500% |
| 87   | Chandelure (ghost)         |  2.484% |
| 88   | Gastrodon (ground)         |  2.439% |
| 89   | Torkoal (fire)             |  2.436% |
| 90   | Tentacruel (water)         |  2.417% |
| 91   | Seismitoad (ground)        |  2.404% |
| 92   | Breloom (grass)            |  2.393% |
| 93   | Garchomp-Mega (ground)     |  2.392% |
| 94   | Venusaur-Mega (poison)     |  2.387% |
| 95   | Swampert-Mega (water)      |  2.355% |
| 96   | Conkeldurr (fighting)      |  2.339% |
| 97   | Jirachi (psychic)          |  2.329% |
| 98   | Rotom-Wash (water)         |  2.327% |
| 99   | Thundurus-Therian (flying) |  2.318% |
| 100  | Jirachi (steel)            |  2.275% |
| 101  | Terrakion (rock)           |  2.265% |
| 102  | Cloyster (water)           |  2.242% |
| 103  | Empoleon (water)           |  2.191% |
| 104  | Golurk (ghost)             |  2.153% |
| 105  | Tyranitar (rock)           |  2.152% |
| 106  | Meloetta (normal)          |  2.145% |
| 107  | Armaldo (bug)              |  2.125% |
| 108  | Kingdra (water)            |  2.119% |
| 109  | Weavile (dark)             |  2.047% |
| 110  | Hydreigon (dark)           |  2.020% |
| 111  | Jellicent (ghost)          |  2.001% |
| 112  | Sylveon (fairy)            |  1.963% |
| 113  | Cradily (grass)            |  1.896% |
| 114  | Crawdaunt (dark)           |  1.891% |
| 115  | Dragalge (dragon)          |  1.885% |
| 116  | Garchomp (ground)          |  1.884% |
| 117  | Goodra (dragon)            |  1.879% |
| 118  | Avalugg (ice)              |  1.853% |
| 119  | Kyurem-Black (ice)         |  1.850% |
| 120  | Tentacruel (poison)        |  1.848% |
| 121  | Swampert (water)           |  1.843% |
| 122  | Gardevoir (psychic)        |  1.830% |
| 123  | Entei (fire)               |  1.787% |
| 124  | Scolipede (bug)            |  1.758% |
| 125  | Empoleon (steel)           |  1.694% |
| 126  | Ampharos-Mega (electric)   |  1.693% |
| 127  | Shuckle (rock)             |  1.690% |
| 128  | Diancie-Mega (rock)        |  1.678% |
| 129  | Pidgeot-Mega (normal)      |  1.644% |
| 130  | Lanturn (water)            |  1.625% |
| 131  | Sableye (dark)             |  1.623% |
| 132  | Latias (psychic)           |  1.598% |
| 133  | Rotom-Heat (fire)          |  1.592% |
| 134  | Nidoking (ground)          |  1.563% |
| 135  | Mamoswine (ice)            |  1.557% |
| 136  | Weavile (ice)              |  1.548% |
| 137  | Serperior (grass)          |  1.541% |
| 138  | Nidoking (poison)          |  1.535% |
| 139  | Salamence (dragon)         |  1.533% |
| 140  | Metagross (psychic)        |  1.519% |
| 141  | Umbreon (dark)             |  1.498% |
| 142  | Darmanitan (fire)          |  1.484% |
| 143  | Landorus-Therian (ground)  |  1.482% |
| 144  | Omastar (rock)             |  1.476% |
| 145  | Whimsicott (grass)         |  1.475% |
| 146  | Metagross (steel)          |  1.471% |
| 147  | Drapion (poison)           |  1.447% |
| 148  | Yanmega (bug)              |  1.442% |
| 149  | Nidoqueen (poison)         |  1.431% |
| 150  | Latias (dragon)            |  1.415% |
| 151  | Manectric-Mega (electric)  |  1.396% |
| 152  | Gyarados (water)           |  1.386% |
| 153  | Cradily (rock)             |  1.370% |
| 154  | Shuckle (bug)              |  1.366% |
| 155  | Gardevoir (fairy)          |  1.359% |
| 156  | Gliscor (ground)           |  1.346% |
| 157  | Gyarados (flying)          |  1.338% |
| 158  | Skuntank (poison)          |  1.305% |
| 159  | Lucario (fighting)         |  1.298% |
| 160  | Camerupt-Mega (ground)     |  1.282% |
| 161  | Manaphy (water)            |  1.259% |
| 162  | Eelektross (electric)      |  1.253% |
| 163  | Crobat (poison)            |  1.229% |
| 164  | Rhyperior (rock)           |  1.201% |
| 165  | Volcarona (fire)           |  1.173% |
| 166  | Staraptor (flying)         |  1.157% |
| 167  | Tornadus-Therian (flying)  |  1.136% |
| 168  | Rotom-Mow (grass)          |  1.109% |
| 169  | Porygon-Z (normal)         |  1.072% |
| 170  | Chandelure (fire)          |  1.063% |
| 171  | Heracross-Mega (bug)       |  1.060% |
| 172  | Honchkrow (dark)           |  1.050% |
| 173  | Garchomp-Mega (dragon)     |  1.041% |
| 174  | Haxorus (dragon)           |  1.015% |
| 175  | Alakazam (psychic)         |  1.008% |
| 176  | Froslass (ice)             |  1.006% |
| 177  | Toxicroak (poison)         |  1.002% |
| 178  | Shiftry (grass)            |  0.999% |
| 179  | Arcanine (fire)            |  0.996% |
| 180  | Abomasnow-Mega (ice)       |  0.981% |
| 181  | Celebi (grass)             |  0.977% |
| 182  | Sharpedo-Mega (water)      |  0.973% |
| 183  | Cresselia (psychic)        |  0.960% |
| 184  | Gardevoir-Mega (fairy)     |  0.958% |
| 185  | Slurpuff (fairy)           |  0.944% |
| 186  | Gallade-Mega (psychic)     |  0.940% |
| 187  | Scrafty (fighting)         |  0.934% |
| 188  | Electivire (electric)      |  0.925% |
| 189  | Klefki (steel)             |  0.925% |
| 190  | Cloyster (ice)             |  0.921% |
| 191  | Hawlucha (flying)          |  0.902% |
| 192  | Krookodile (dark)          |  0.902% |
| 193  | Ludicolo (water)           |  0.887% |
| 194  | Deoxys-Speed (psychic)     |  0.883% |
| 195  | Lapras (ice)               |  0.876% |
| 196  | Scolipede (poison)         |  0.873% |
| 197  | Scizor-Mega (bug)          |  0.866% |
| 198  | Raikou (electric)          |  0.855% |
| 199  | Celebi (psychic)           |  0.832% |
| 200  | Pidgeot-Mega (flying)      |  0.828% |
| 201  | Slowbro (water)            |  0.823% |
| 202  | Aerodactyl-Mega (flying)   |  0.809% |
| 203  | Ninetales (fire)           |  0.809% |
| 204  | Aerodactyl (flying)        |  0.806% |
| 205  | Smeargle (normal)          |  0.799% |
| 206  | Lucario (steel)            |  0.798% |
| 207  | Heliolisk (normal)         |  0.798% |
| 208  | Mandibuzz (flying)         |  0.778% |
| 209  | Diggersby (ground)         |  0.777% |
| 210  | Azelf (psychic)            |  0.775% |
| 211  | Latios-Mega (dragon)       |  0.762% |
| 212  | Whimsicott (fairy)         |  0.760% |
| 213  | Malamar (psychic)          |  0.753% |
| 214  | Weezing (poison)           |  0.745% |
| 215  | Houndoom-Mega (dark)       |  0.743% |
| 216  | Luxray (electric)          |  0.737% |
| 217  | Bronzong (psychic)         |  0.736% |
| 218  | Sharpedo-Mega (dark)       |  0.735% |
| 219  | Honchkrow (flying)         |  0.729% |
| 220  | Heracross-Mega (fighting)  |  0.716% |
| 221  | Aggron-Mega (rock)         |  0.711% |
| 222  | Seismitoad (water)         |  0.704% |
| 223  | Suicune (water)            |  0.701% |
| 224  | Froslass (ghost)           |  0.689% |
| 225  | Noivern (dragon)           |  0.675% |
| 226  | Galvantula (electric)      |  0.673% |
| 227  | Blastoise-Mega (water)     |  0.670% |
| 228  | Cofagrigus (ghost)         |  0.660% |
| 229  | Tyranitar-Mega (dark)      |  0.639% |
| 230  | Crustle (bug)              |  0.623% |
| 231  | Vivillon (bug)             |  0.621% |
| 232  | Toxicroak (fighting)       |  0.615% |
| 233  | Scizor (steel)             |  0.613% |
| 234  | Beedrill-Mega (poison)     |  0.612% |
| 235  | Walrein (ice)              |  0.609% |
| 236  | Tyrantrum (dragon)         |  0.603% |
| 237  | Trevenant (ghost)          |  0.600% |
| 238  | Kingdra (dragon)           |  0.591% |
| 239  | Starmie (psychic)          |  0.577% |
| 240  | Espeon (psychic)           |  0.576% |
| 241  | Piloswine (ice)            |  0.568% |
| 242  | Zoroark (dark)             |  0.564% |
| 243  | Slowking (psychic)         |  0.553% |
| 244  | Snorlax (normal)           |  0.538% |
| 245  | Machamp (fighting)         |  0.529% |
| 246  | Alomomola (water)          |  0.520% |
| 247  | Quagsire (water)           |  0.513% |
| 248  | Bronzong (steel)           |  0.512% |
| 249  | Exploud (normal)           |  0.506% |
| 250  | Cobalion (steel)           |  0.497% |
| 251  | Absol-Mega (dark)          |  0.496% |
| 252  | Virizion (grass)           |  0.496% |
| 253  | Deoxys-Defense (psychic)   |  0.491% |
| 254  | Krookodile (ground)        |  0.477% |
| 255  | Gallade (psychic)          |  0.474% |
| 256  | Articuno (flying)          |  0.467% |
| 257  | Salamence (flying)         |  0.463% |
| 258  | Gourgeist-Super (grass)    |  0.461% |
| 259  | Chesnaught (fighting)      |  0.458% |
| 260  | Latias-Mega (psychic)      |  0.452% |
| 261  | Tyrantrum (rock)           |  0.451% |
| 262  | Aerodactyl (rock)          |  0.449% |
| 263  | Drapion (dark)             |  0.448% |
| 264  | Fletchinder (fire)         |  0.443% |
| 265  | Zygarde (ground)           |  0.442% |
| 266  | Crawdaunt (water)          |  0.437% |
| 267  | Durant (bug)               |  0.435% |
| 268  | Ludicolo (grass)           |  0.433% |
| 269  | Glalie-Mega (ice)          |  0.431% |
| 270  | Dragalge (poison)          |  0.421% |
| 271  | Druddigon (dragon)         |  0.421% |
| 272  | Slowking (water)           |  0.406% |
| 273  | Aurorus (ice)              |  0.400% |
| 274  | Alakazam-Mega (psychic)    |  0.392% |
| 275  | Cinccino (normal)          |  0.389% |
| 276  | Blissey (normal)           |  0.386% |
| 277  | Granbull (fairy)           |  0.372% |
| 278  | Aggron-Mega (steel)        |  0.371% |
| 279  | Zygarde (dragon)           |  0.370% |
| 280  | Scrafty (dark)             |  0.359% |
| 281  | Golem (rock)               |  0.354% |
| 282  | Medicham (psychic)         |  0.349% |
| 283  | Gothitelle (psychic)       |  0.349% |
| 284  | Hoopa (ghost)              |  0.345% |
| 285  | Pyroar (normal)            |  0.344% |
| 286  | Hitmonlee (fighting)       |  0.339% |
| 287  | Beedrill-Mega (bug)        |  0.334% |
| 288  | Aurorus (rock)             |  0.327% |
| 289  | Mienshao (fighting)        |  0.325% |
| 290  | Miltank (normal)           |  0.320% |
| 291  | Accelgor (bug)             |  0.318% |
| 292  | Gastrodon (water)          |  0.311% |
| 293  | Ambipom (normal)           |  0.309% |
| 294  | Articuno (ice)             |  0.309% |
| 295  | Kecleon (normal)           |  0.295% |
| 296  | Golbat (poison)            |  0.293% |
| 297  | Banette-Mega (ghost)       |  0.292% |
| 298  | Sableye (ghost)            |  0.290% |
| 299  | Vaporeon (water)           |  0.282% |
| 300  | Dusclops (ghost)           |  0.282% |
| 301  | Pangoro (dark)             |  0.270% |
| 302  | Crobat (flying)            |  0.267% |
| 303  | Quagsire (ground)          |  0.265% |
| 304  | Wobbuffet (psychic)        |  0.263% |
| 305  | Heliolisk (electric)       |  0.263% |
| 306  | Diancie (fairy)            |  0.260% |
| 307  | Hitmontop (fighting)       |  0.253% |
| 308  | Feraligatr (water)         |  0.253% |
| 309  | Reuniclus (psychic)        |  0.249% |
| 310  | Sharpedo (dark)            |  0.249% |
| 311  | Slaking (normal)           |  0.248% |
| 312  | Kabutops (water)           |  0.247% |
| 313  | Jellicent (water)          |  0.246% |
| 314  | Rotom-Frost (ice)          |  0.246% |
| 315  | Aerodactyl-Mega (rock)     |  0.243% |
| 316  | Spiritomb (dark)           |  0.242% |
| 317  | Milotic (water)            |  0.241% |
| 318  | Archeops (rock)            |  0.240% |
| 319  | Roserade (grass)           |  0.237% |
| 320  | Sceptile-Mega (grass)      |  0.233% |
| 321  | Steelix-Mega (ground)      |  0.229% |
| 322  | Gourgeist-Super (ghost)    |  0.227% |
| 323  | Emboar (fighting)          |  0.225% |
| 324  | Durant (steel)             |  0.224% |
| 325  | Meowstic (psychic)         |  0.222% |
| 326  | Audino-Mega (normal)       |  0.221% |
| 327  | Houndoom-Mega (fire)       |  0.220% |
| 328  | Pangoro (fighting)         |  0.220% |
| 329  | Trevenant (grass)          |  0.219% |
| 330  | Yanmega (flying)           |  0.218% |
| 331  | Shedinja (ghost)           |  0.217% |
| 332  | Diancie (rock)             |  0.213% |
| 333  | Malamar (dark)             |  0.208% |
| 334  | Doublade (ghost)           |  0.204% |
| 335  | Claydol (psychic)          |  0.202% |
| 336  | Florges (fairy)            |  0.201% |
| 337  | Flygon (dragon)            |  0.198% |
| 338  | Roserade (poison)          |  0.198% |
| 339  | Swampert-Mega (ground)     |  0.198% |
| 340  | Jolteon (electric)         |  0.194% |
| 341  | Omastar (water)            |  0.194% |
| 342  | Sharpedo (water)           |  0.192% |
| 343  | Stunfisk (electric)        |  0.192% |
| 344  | Tauros (normal)            |  0.185% |
| 345  | Latios-Mega (psychic)      |  0.182% |
| 346  | Thundurus-Therian (electric)|  0.175% |
| 347  | Amoonguss (poison)         |  0.174% |
| 348  | Tangrowth (grass)          |  0.173% |
| 349  | Noivern (flying)           |  0.166% |
| 350  | Mismagius (ghost)          |  0.165% |
| 351  | Typhlosion (fire)          |  0.164% |
| 352  | Magneton (steel)           |  0.163% |
| 353  | Jynx (ice)                 |  0.160% |
| 354  | Shedinja (bug)             |  0.159% |
| 355  | Xatu (flying)              |  0.159% |
| 356  | Lanturn (electric)         |  0.158% |
| 357  | Venomoth (bug)             |  0.157% |
| 358  | Drifblim (ghost)           |  0.157% |
| 359  | Regice (ice)               |  0.157% |
| 360  | Carracosta (rock)          |  0.149% |
| 361  | Sigilyph (psychic)         |  0.148% |
| 362  | Linoone (normal)           |  0.147% |
| 363  | Sigilyph (flying)          |  0.141% |
| 364  | Spiritomb (ghost)          |  0.141% |
| 365  | Steelix-Mega (steel)       |  0.139% |
| 366  | Kabutops (rock)            |  0.137% |
| 367  | Kyurem (dragon)            |  0.137% |
| 368  | Bellossom (grass)          |  0.135% |
| 369  | Staravia (normal)          |  0.135% |
| 370  | Registeel (steel)          |  0.135% |
| 371  | Jumpluff (flying)          |  0.134% |
| 372  | Chesnaught (grass)         |  0.132% |
| 373  | Swellow (normal)           |  0.130% |
| 374  | Rotom-Mow (electric)       |  0.130% |
| 375  | Delphox (psychic)          |  0.130% |
| 376  | Medicham (fighting)        |  0.128% |
| 377  | Dusknoir (ghost)           |  0.128% |
| 378  | Uxie (psychic)             |  0.127% |
| 379  | Carracosta (water)         |  0.124% |
| 380  | Steelix (steel)            |  0.123% |
| 381  | Donphan (ground)           |  0.122% |
| 382  | Glaceon (ice)              |  0.121% |
| 383  | Braviary (normal)          |  0.119% |
| 384  | Wigglytuff (normal)        |  0.119% |
| 385  | Delphox (fire)             |  0.117% |
| 386  | Torterra (grass)           |  0.116% |
| 387  | Scyther (bug)              |  0.115% |
| 388  | Swellow (flying)           |  0.114% |
| 389  | Vivillon (flying)          |  0.113% |
| 390  | Mantine (flying)           |  0.111% |
| 391  | Hitmonchan (fighting)      |  0.110% |
| 392  | Kyurem (ice)               |  0.109% |
| 393  | Houndoom (dark)            |  0.107% |
| 394  | Mawile (fairy)             |  0.106% |
| 395  | Archeops (flying)          |  0.105% |
| 396  | Escavalier (bug)           |  0.105% |
| 397  | Zangoose (normal)          |  0.104% |
| 398  | Gallade (fighting)         |  0.104% |
| 399  | Barbaracle (rock)          |  0.103% |
| 400  | Volbeat (bug)              |  0.100% |

With the recent changes on Mono UU, I would like to share some insights about what are we expected to see (at least from my point of view) throughout this month.

Notable types:

Fire: Well, this is one is probably obvious here. Fire UU Monotype was already known for its sheer wallbreaking past months, and now with Heatran and Victini being unbanned, it just got way better both when it comes to utility and offense. Secondary Steel typing on Heatran adds so many useful resistances (most notably Rock), and Victini has solid stats all around, good Fire/Psychic typing and it spams V-CREATE, which will be even hard to wall especially considering most of its former answers are now gone. Not to mention everything else Fire already has which makes it a good type in the metagame (Darmanitan puts a dent on nearly every single mon on Sun, Entei has priority Extremespeed and Sacred Fire, and so on).

Poison: Another type which got a lot buffed (Mega-Venusaur is its only ban now), Poison can now abuse its recent ''new tools'' it has got which adds lots of power/utility to most of its teams. Tentacruel provides a semi-reliable answer for Fire types, and also has the utility of getting rid of hazards via Rapid Spin. It gets Scald, which provides a chance of burning potential threats. Nidoking and Gengar are well-known for its offensive capabilities, and the fact they contribute a lot to this type is no surprise, either. Just expect to see the very same Poison from standard play, only without Mega-Venusaur.

Water: Although it didn't really get new changes (it actually lost Sharpedonite), I kinda expect people might use this one a lot. It is still a very solid and diverse type, and especially with Fire being dominant from now on, it provides a reliable way of handling those Pokemons. It is also a very stable type versus nearly every matchup, especially considering Grass and Electric recent bans.

Rock: Similiar to Water, Rock is going to benefit a lot with the recent Grass ban (Ferrothorn), since its most likely to drop in usage. Furthermore, I believe it is going to be more common thanks to Fire's recent unbans, so this one was more influenced by the statistics who affected other types rather than itself.

Please do note that this post is just my insights about how I expect the metagame to go this month, so well, these are just the impressions I had when looking at the recent changes. Also, it is nice to see that the metagame is growing and getting better each month, so I would like to thank people who are contribuiting to this (not only the Council, but also the players who are also posting their point of view and ideas for improving it).

Next (DRAFT) Viability Rankings for March

Bug:
No changes.

Dark:
Crawdaunt -> A Rank

Being introduced to the tier as a new mon for dark, I don't see it as a mon that will define the type as such, but it is certainly a fantastic wallbreaker also capable of setup.
Mega Sharpedo -> Borderline
Banned unanimously by the council, Mega Sharpedo is no longer allowed in the tier.

Dragon:
Latias -> Borderline

Banned unanimously by the council, the mon is no longer allowed in the tier.

Flygon B Rank -> A Rank
A debatable decision yes, although despite Flygon's lackluster attacking stats, it can be a nice mixed attacker but more importantly is one of Dragon's best methods of hazard removal through defog without Latias, which is still important when considering the other mons who would typically be on the team, namely Salamance and Kyurem.

Electric:
Zapdos and Rotom-W -> (Banned)

Banned through usage, the mons are no longer usable on Electric within the tier.

Rotom-Mow B Rank -> A Rank, and Rotom-Heat C Rank -> B Rank
Thanks to the banning of Rotom's Wash form, these other options become far more viable, whilst their typing isn't as perfect, their versatility and defensive bulk are often needed regardless of the form.

Galvantula C Rank -> A Rank
As a type in general, Electric now has to adopt a more hyper offensive playstyle, and sticky webs support from Galvantula are often fundamental to this working, due to the physical threats (such as Electivire and Luxray) within the type having lackluster speed.

Fairy:

No changes.

Fighting:

Conkeldurr -> S Rank

Being unbanned thanks to usage, Conkeldurr is back in the tier, and as a powerful Guts user and a great provider of bulk, I feel it deserves S Rank until proved otherwise.

Heracross -> S Rank
A fantastic attribute to the type also being unbanned, Heracross provides the power and typing to really scare Psychic and also Grass teams, also having nice coverage that makes it a great Scarf or even Band user with good abilities.
Scrafty S Rank -> A Rank
Thanks to the unbanning of Heracross, Scrafty becomes slightly less mandatory as a way to deal with Psychic monos. However it's Dark typing is still extremely valuable, with various setup options providing a method of dealing with Ghost types.

Fire:

Heatran -> S Rank

Unbanned through usage, heatran provides a fantastic answer to Rock, a prominent type, but also alongside that is extremely versatile, has access to Rocks and has good defensive stats.

Victini -> S Rank
Also unbanned through usage, Victini is effective enough in the OU Monotype tier. Having an incredible movepool and stats that allow it to run various stats, we will see how much of an influence it has on the tier.

Mega Houndoom B Rank -> A Rank
Over the past couple months we have seen how powerful a combo Houndoom makes with Ninetales thanks to Solar Power. Having an impressive speed tier and also access to setup, I felt it was deserving more than B Rank.

Volcarona S Rank -> A Rank
Originially S Rank, it seems Volcarona isn't seeing as much usage on the type as previously predicting. Whilst still having extremely scary setup through Quiver Dance, I simply didn't feel it was deserving of S Rank anymore.

Flying:
Thundurus-Therian -> S Rank

Previously banned through usage, now unbanned Thundy-T provides an extremely helpful Electric immunity for Flying, and with a great movepool and speed tier, it can run various sets and I look forward to seeing how effective it is within the tier.

Ghost:

Golurk -> S Rank

A much needed unban for the type, Golurk provides SR support, and also a much needed Electric immunity, that stops the free clicking of VoltTurn. Not to mention it actually has a great movepool and could potentially be ran offensively.

Chandelure -> S Rank
Another much needed unban, Chandelure as fantastic abilities, notably Flash Fire but mot importantly it's Fire typing in general that helps Ghost against so many types, along with it's great movepool on the whole.

Grass:
Ferrothorn -> (Banned)

No longer available for the type due to usage.

Cradily A Rank -> S Rank
With Ferrothorn banned Cradily is the types only Stealth Rock setter (aside from Torterra maybe..?), but alongside this I feel that with the predicted rise in Fire usage that Cradily will become even more fundamental for Grass teams within the tier.

Ground:
No Changes.

Ice:

No Changes.

Normal:

Ditto -> (Banned)

Banned through usage over the past month.

Poison:

Gengar -> S Rank

Unbanned through usage and is a mon with fantastic Special Attack and Speed. Alongside this is a great movepool allowing it to run various sets that will threaten most of the types within the tier.

Nidoking -> S Rank
Another powerful unbanned mon for the type, whilst Nidoking doesn't possess the same peed, it does have Sheer Force that makes it an incredible wallbreaker in UU Mono, being able to run Special or Physical, even having access to Rocks.

Tentacruel -> A Rank
Also unbanned through usage (yes another), Tentacruel I felt less influential within the type, as whilst it has really nice hazard removal through Rapid Spin, Poison still has Golbat, Crobat, and Skuntank with Defog, although the Defensive typing it brings it also helpful.

Psychic:
Deoxys-Defence -> Borderline

Banned after a vote within the council, Deo-D is no longer usable on Psychic within the tier.

Latias -> Borderline
Banned unanimously by the council, the mon is no longer allowed in the tier.

Jirachi -> A Rank
Unbanned through usage, I decided on A rather than S rank, mainly because whilst the Serene Grace factor is scary to many types, I don't feel Jirachi is as necessary as Gardevoir or Meloetta for Psychic at the moment.

Rock:

No Changes.

Steel:
Excadrill -> (Banned)

Banned through usage Excadrill is no longer usable within the tier.
Ferrothorn -> (Banned)
Banned through usage Excadrill is no longer usable within the tier.

Water:
Mega Sharpedo -> (Borderline)

Banned unanimously by the council, Mega Sharpedo is no longer allowed in the tier.

S-rank
Armaldo
Yanmega
A-rank
Shuckle
Vivillon
Durant
Scolipede
Beedrill-Mega
B-rank
Accelgor
Crustle
Venomoth
C-rank
Escavalier
Ninjask
Shedinja
Volbeat
Illumise
S-rank
Weavile
Hydreigon
A-rank
Crawdaunt
Krookodile
Houndoom-Mega
Sableye
Umbreon
B-rank
Honchkrow
Zoroark
Malamar
Absol-Mega
Scrafty
Skuntank
C-rank
Spiritomb
Cacturne
Liepard
S-rank
Salamance
Kyurem
Tyrantrum
A-rank
Dragalge
Zygarde
Goodra
Druddigon
Flygon
B-rank
Noivern
Kingdra
Haxorus
C-rank
Altaria
S-rank
Thundurus-I
Magnezone
A-rank
Ampharos-Mega
Manectric-Mega
Raikou
Rotom-Mow
Galvantula

B-rank
Electivire
Luxray
Stunfisk
Eelektross
Rotom-Heat
C-rank
Jolteon
Minun
Plusle
S-rank
Gardevoir-Mega
A-rank
Diancie
Gardevoir
Slurpuff
Sylveon
Whimsicott
B-rank
Florges
Granbull
Togetic
Aromatisse
Carbink
C-rank
Mawile
Mr. Mime
S-rank
Conkeldurr
Lucario
Heracross
A-rank
Mienshao
Toxicroak
Scrafty
B-rank
Chesnaught
Gallade
Hitmonlee
Machamp
Virizion
Sawk
Poliwrath
C-rank
Hitmontop
Pangoro
Medicham
Throh
S-rank
Heatran
Victini
Rotom-Heat
A-rank
Chandelure
Darmanitan
Ninetales
Entei
Torkoal
Volcarona
Houndoom-Mega
B-rank
Delphox
Fletchinder
Arcanine
C-rank
Moltres
Camerupt-Mega
Emboar
S-rank
Mandibuzz
Tornadus-Therian
Gyarados
Thundurus-Therian
A-rank
Salamance
Aerodactyl-Mega
Pidgeot-Mega
Articuno
Staraptor
Gligar
B-rank
Hawlucha
Crobat
Aerodactyl
Honchkrow
Xatu
Tornadus
C-rank
Archeops
Braviary
Sigilyph
Moltres
S-rank
Sableye
Golurk
Chandelure
A-rank
Jellicent
Trevenant
Hoopa
B-rank
Froslass
Cofagrigus
Banette-Mega
Doublade
Dusclops
Gorgeist-Super
Mismagius
C-rank
Spiritomb
Shedinja
S-rank
Breloom
Cradily
A-rank
Serperior
Sceptile-Mega
Amoonguss
Rotom-Mow
Whimsicott
B-rank
Shiftry
Roserade
Ludicolo
Celebi
Venusaur
Gorgeist-Super
Abomasnow-Mega

C-rank
Chesnaught
Lilligant
Leavanny
S-rank
Diggersby
Nidoking
A-rank
Gastrodon
Gliscor
Krookodile
Landorus
Zygarde
Seismitoad
B-rank
Camerupt-Mega
Steelix-Mega
Rhyperior
Swampert
Swampert-Mega
Torterra
Piloswine
C-rank
Donphan
Nidoqueen
Golem
S-rank
Avalugg
Mamoswine
A-rank
Weavile
Piloswine
Cloyster
Abomasnow-Mega
B-rank
Rotom-Frost
Glalie-Mega
Articuno
Froslass
Lapras
Walrein
C-rank
Jynx
Cryogonal
S-rank
Pidgeot-Mega
Meloetta
A-rank
Blissey
Staravia
Audino-Mega
Miltank
Porygon-Z
Snorlax
Smeargle
B-rank
Exploud
Cincinno
Ambipom
C-rank
Kecleon
Slaking
Pyroar
Furfrou
S-rank
Scolipede
Gengar
Nidoking

A-rank
Tentacruel
Crobat
Weezing
Beedrill-Mega
Drapion
Skuntank
Nidoqueen
B-rank
Toxicroak
Dragalge
Golbat
Amoonguss
C-rank
Roserade
Quilfish
Ariados
S-rank
Gardevoir
Meloetta
A-rank
Jirachi
Gallade
Metagross
Deoxys-Speed
Alakazam
Cresselia
B-rank
Celebi
Medicham
Espeon
Starmie
Azelf
Delphox
C-rank
Malamar
Wobbufett
S-rank
Aggron-Mega
Tyranitar
A-rank
Cradily
Diancie
Aerodactyl-Mega
Omastar
Shuckle
Tyranitar-Mega
B-rank
Archeops
Rhyperior
Tyrantrum
C-rank
Aurorus
Armaldo
Barbaracle
S-rank
Empoleon
Lucario
Jirachi
Scizor
A-rank
Klefki
Metagross
Aggron
Durant
Magneton
Aggron-Mega
B-rank
Registeel
Steelix-Mega
Cobalion
C-rank
Forretress
Mawile
S-rank
Starmie
Empoleon
Suicune
A-rank
Gyarados
Cloyster
Swampert
Slowbro
Crawdaunt
Tentaruel
Lanturn
B-rank
Quagsire
Gastrodon
Feraligatr
Rotom-Wash
Slowbro
Kingdra
Alomomola
C-rank
Ludicolo
Kabutops
Blastoise-Mega
Jellicent
Vaporeon
Sharpedo
D-rank
Milotic
Quilfish

Feel free to comment on any changes or suggest any, I'm sure it's hardly perfect :)

Last edited:

scpinion

Going to comment on the VR here soon, but in the interim I wanted to drop a couple sample teams that I've been using.

I've already seen someone else using this team in a room tour, so I figure I'll share it. Just a solid balanced Flying team. I've won a bunch of room tours w/ it and brought it to MPL vs. Tylacto.

Crocune (if it has some speed ev's), Sableye, and Taunt Aero are major threats. You can play around an Ice team w/ proper play. Otherwise it has a pretty good matchup vs. the meta. Lots of fun to use!

Articuno @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 240 HP / 252 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Roost
- Freeze-Dry
- Heal Bell
- Toxic

Gligar @ Eviolite
Ability: Immunity
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Toxic

Mandibuzz @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 68 SpD / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Foul Play
- Taunt
- Defog

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Earthquake
- Thunder Fang

Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 168 HP / 88 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- Heat Wave

Salamence @ Expert Belt
Lonely Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
Just a quick HO that I threw together—not sure if it is any good. Idea is to set webs and spam super strong Normal attacks so Pidgeot or Braviary can clean. Braviary is mainly there to punish someone that choses to Defog away the webs. The melo set was meant to check m-shark, so feel free to change it now that the shark is banned.

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spore
- Stealth Rock
- Sticky Web
- Taunt

Pidgeot-Mega @ Pidgeotite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Roost
- Quick Attack

Porygon-Z @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Tri Attack
- Thunderbolt
- Agility

Exploud @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Boomburst
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Surf

Meloetta @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 8 HP / 76 Def / 232 SpA / 192 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Energy Ball

Braviary @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Tailwind
- Superpower
- Return

Just sharing one of my teams. Feel free to steal lol.

Even with Kyurem-B banned, Ice still remains one of the better offensive monotypes with less threats to worry about that murdered it in standard (aside from the overpowered Fire especially as this team lacks Scarf Kyurem tho Cloyster can sweep when Heatran is weakened and Entei is removed.)

1ce Qu33n (Weavile) (F) @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Low Kick

Transport (Lapras) (F) @ Choice Specs
EVs: 208 HP / 252 SpA / 48 Spe
Modest Nature
- Surf
- Freeze-Dry
- Frost Breath
- Hidden Power [Fire]

IT'S X-MAS (Abomasnow-Mega) (M) @ Abomasite
Ability: Soundproof
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Blizzard
- Giga Drain
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard

Pork Chops (Piloswine) (M) @ Eviolite
EVs: 176 HP / 92 Atk / 240 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Stone Edge

#1 C0ff33 Tabl3 (Avalugg) (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Avalanche
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake / Toxic
- Recover

Nerf Fire!!! (Cloyster) (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Skill Link
Jolly Nature
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Ice Shard
- Rock Blast
tagging Dream Eater Gengar and scpinion

New usage stats are finally here! With them comes some major changes to Mono UU.

As for usage-based changes this month
  • Heracross is no longer allowed on Fighting (Usage)
  • Ferrothorn is allowed on Steel
  • Gengar is no longer allowed on Poison (Usage)
  • Chandelure is no longer allowed on Ghost (Usage)
  • Ditto and Diggersby are allowed on Normal
  • Zapdos and Rotom-W are unbanned by usage except the council decided to break the classic Electric core and so, Rotom-W keeps banned. (Only Zapdos unbanned to resume).
The UU Monotype Banlist is updated to reflect these changes and they will go live on The Lord Monotyke as soon as possible.

Thoughts on how the most recent update will affect the meta?

New April Viability Rankings :) (Sorry for the reasonably late post, however sadly without Scp the stats we need were far slower to get hold of, however I have Fírnen to thank for calculating all the necessary statistics himself so if you ever see him make sure to thank him.

Also just looked and there have been ALOT of changes in the VR's, check the changelog :) All changes and potential changes were fully discussed over between us, and i just wanted to say that this looks as good as the tier ever has, notably balanced and all types having its own perks and weaknesses.

Bug:
Venomoth - B Rank -> A Rank
Over the last couple months we've seen it to be a very solid Quiver Dancer, used consistently more and more with some great abilities to back it up.

Dark:
Umbreon - A Rank -> B Rank
With Dark taking on a more offensive playstyle, Umbreon is mainly too passive despite it being nice to fall back on, and hasn't been as prominent.
Cacturne - C Rank -> B Rank
Really slept on alot down in C Rank, Cacturne is an incredible counter to various types, in particular Water but also Ground too. Slightly frail but gets good access to priority too.

Malamar - B Rank -> C Rank
Not seen used very often, as far as we're concerned Malamar simply hasn't been at the same level as other B rank mons, and Trick Room builds are almost non existant.

Drapion - Unranked -> B Rank
Not really sure how this wasn't spotted earlier, with a nice access to Toxic Spikes along with a nice typing, Drpaion also provides some balanced stats allowing it to fulfill various roles with its diverse movepool.

Skuntank - B Rank -> C Rank
With various Taunters and also Drapion being around, Skuntank's niche of hazard removal feels less necessary. A tough decision but it's going down a notch until proved otherwise.

Sharpedo Unranked -> B Rank
Another mon slept on probably due to the Mega Sharpedo ban, however normal Sharpedo is still a fantastic late game sweeper, being able to run Physical or Special.

Dragon:
Flygon - A Rank -> B Rank
Whilst having a niche of hazard removal, Flygon hasn't been as prominent as other A rank mons, and his typing isn't unique either due to Zygarde being a notable mon.

Electric:
Zapdos - Banned -> S Rank
Unbanned through usage, Zapdos become almost a staple for Electric once again, however without the same support as seen by the ban below.

Rotom-W - Banned By Usage -> Banned By Council
Usage originally allowed this to be unbanned, however the council agreed to break the once dominant core, keeping Rotom-W banned.

Rotom-H - B Rank -> A Rank
With Rotom-W staying banned but a more balanced Electric build becoming far more viable, Rotom-H becomes a very viable option next to Rotom-Mow, instead providing a nice Ice resistance along with others.

Galvantula - A Rank -> B Rank
With hyper offense no longer being the primary option for the type, Galvantula takes a stop down with its access to Sticky Webs, however this by no means takes away from the HO build.

Fairy:
Gardevoir - A Rank -> B Rank
With Mega Gardevoir being almost obligatory on Fairy, we felt that the standard form wasn't as worthy for A rank as other mons, despite its ability to hold a Choice Scarf.

Fighting:
Heracross - S Rank -> Banned By Usage
Banned through usage over March, Heracross is no longer usable in the tier.

Medicham - C Rank -> B Rank
With really nice access to priority, Medicham is wasted at C rank with it's Psychic STAB and wallbreaking power.

Hitmonlee - B Rank -> C Rank
Despite its ability to spin away hazards, Hitmonlee hasn't been prominent and doesn't shine out as an offesnive option amongst others.

Monferno - Unranked -> C Rank
With Infernape banned Monferno provides some Fire STAB, and whilst an outside option it can also run a bulky Eviolite spread. Worth a mention.

Fire:
Emboar - C Rank -> B Rank
Another type without Infernape, Emboar here provides Fighting STAB along with a fantastic movepool and access to Reckless, only strengthening it's wallbreaking power.​

Flying:
Yanmega - Unranked -> B Rank
For some reason unranked, Yanmega has fantastic abilities and also provides a STAB that really threatens common types such as Psychic and Dark.

Xatu - B Rank -> C Rank
Despite its nice Magic Bounce, Flying has plenty of hazard removers and sadly Xatu hasn't been shown to be worth a teamslot against other mons.

Mega Pidgeot - A Rank -> B Rank
With Mega Aerodactyl becoming more popular and Tornadus-T provides similar coverage, Mega Pidgeot slips down on viability slightly.

Ghost:
Chandelure - S Rank -> Banned By Usage
Sadly for ghost Chandelure is again rebanned due to usage over the last month.

Mismagius - B Rank -> A Rank
Become a more neccesary special attacker, Mismagius also has access to Nasty Plot, and along with a nice Speed stat provides sweeping potential.

Doublade - B Rank -> A Rank
With fantastic typing and setup potential, Doublade is certainly deserving of being shown as more necessary for the type.

Grass:
No Changes.​

Ground:
Landorus-T - A Rank - > S Rank
Being able to successfully pull off a plethora of effective items, and also having setup potential and hazard access, Landorus is a fantastic mon for the type.

Swampert and Mega Swampert - B Rank -> C Rank
With better Water/Ground options and also various other Megas, Swampert simply doesn't shine unless a whole team is dedicated to Rain and Swift Swim.

Quagsire - Unranked -> B Rank
For some reason unranked, Quagsire has 2 extremely nice abilities that help it consistently contribute to the type as a wall/sponge.

Ice:
No Changes.​

Normal:
Diggersby - Banned by Usage -> S Rank
Unbanned thanks to usage, Diggersby has been allowed back onto Normal, as is an incredibly strong wallbreaker/scarf user.

Ditto - Banned by Usage -> A Rank
Also unbanned thanks to usage, Ditto is a great answer to opposing setup, fundamental to the type or not.

Poison:
Gengar - S Rank -> Banned By Usage
Banned by usage over the previous month once again, Gengar goes back to the banlist.

Weezing - A Rank -> B Rank
Despite its Ground immunity, Weezing doesn't hugely fit the more offensive style Poison has shaped into, and therefore doesn't hugely match up to A Rank.

Venomoth - Unranked -> C Rank
Previously unranked, being a strong Quiver Dancer with great abilities Venomoth can do wonders against the Psychic matchup and many others.

Psychic:
Delphox - B Rank -> A Rank
Consistently being used due to it's helpful Fire STAB and good movepool, Delphox provides a nice speed tier that allows it to run various items and sets.

Reuniclus - Unranked -> B Rank
Another strangely unranked mon, Reuniclus provides great abilities and terrifying setup options. Also a potential key part of a Trick Room build.

Slowking - Unranked -> B Rank
Again oddly unranked, Slowking comes with Regenerator making it a nice switch in to many threats with it's nice typing. Also has a nice movepool and Trick Room potential.

Uxie - Unranked -> C Rank
With incredible defensive stats and a nice ability in Levitate, Uxie is certainly deserving more than unranked.

Hoopa - Unranked -> C Rank
Despite its low speed tier it has powerful Ghost STAB and a solid movepool.

Rock:
Cradily - A Rank -> S Rank
Being a rare Water and Grass resist within the type and being able to run on either side of Defence, Cradily is a staple on almost any Rock team.

Mega Aggron - S Rank -> A Rank
Whilst it's Curse potential and Defensive prowess is scary, in a tier where phasing is becoming more common and Rock is running more offensive, it doesn't define the type as much.

Archeops - B Rank -> C Rank
Hasn't been very prominent and with Mega Aerodactyl providing a more reliable Rock/Flying option, it sinks down.

Steel:
Ferrothorn - Banned By Usage -> S Rank
Unbanned through usage over March, Ferrothorn provides a much needed Ground neutrality, and also a Water resist. It's movepool allows it to set all sorts of hazards up, and it simply takes so much pressure off other walls in the type.

Lucario - S Rank -> A Rank
Despite its mixed attacker potential, Lucario suffers from a lackluster speed stat and we just don't feel he's as deserving for S rank as previously thought.

Water:
Gastrodon - B Rank -> A Rank
A fantastic wall that can run either defense, simply seems to have outshined Swampert recently as a Water/Ground with it's reliable recovery.

Swampert - A Rank -> B Rank
As mentioned above Swampert has a lack of reliable recovery, and despite it's good stats it's outshined in terms of hazrds by empoleon.

Mega Blastoise - C Rank -> B Rank
A really powerful special attacker who can also spin, Mega Blastoise was certainly wasted at C rank.

Vaporeon - C Rank -> B Rank
A similar wish passer to Alomomola, however Vaporeon also has access to Heal Bell and Baton Pass.

Milotic and Quilfish - D Rank -> C Rank
For some reason or another Water had a D rank, either way fixed, Milotic being a nice wall and Quilfish having TSpikes access.

S-rank
Armaldo
Yanmega

A-rank
Shuckle
Vivillon
Durant
Scolipede
Beedrill-Mega
Venomoth

B-rank
Accelgor
Crustle

C-rank
Escavalier
Ninjask
Shedinja
Volbeat
Illumise
S-rank
Weavile
Hydreigon

A-rank
Crawdaunt
Krookodile
Houndoom-Mega
Sableye

B-rank
Honchkrow
Zoroark
Cacturne
Absol-Mega
Drapion
Scrafty
Umbreon
Sharpedo

C-rank
Spiritomb
Malamar
Skuntank
Liepard
S-rank
Salamance
Kyurem
Tyrantrum

A-rank
Dragalge
Zygarde
Goodra
Druddigon

B-rank
Noivern
Kingdra
Flygon
Haxorus

C-rank
Altaria
S-rank
Zapdos
Thundurus-I
Magnezone

A-rank
Ampharos-Mega
Manectric-Mega
Raikou
Rotom-Mow
Rotom-Heat

B-rank
Electivire
Luxray
Stunfisk
Eelektross
Galvantula

C-rank
Jolteon
Minun
Plusle
S-rank
Gardevoir-Mega

A-rank
Diancie
Slurpuff
Sylveon
Whimsicott

B-rank
Florges
Granbull
Togetic
Aromatisse
Gardevoir
Carbink

C-rank
Mawile
Mr. Mime
S-rank
Conkeldurr
Lucario

A-rank
Mienshao
Toxicroak
Scrafty

B-rank
Chesnaught
Gallade
Machamp
Virizion
Sawk
Poliwrath
Medicham

C-rank
Hitmonlee
Hitmontop
Pangoro
Throh
Monferno
S-rank
Heatran
Victini
Rotom-Heat

A-rank
Chandelure
Darmanitan
Ninetales
Entei
Torkoal
Volcarona
Houndoom-Mega

B-rank
Delphox
Fletchinder
Arcanine
Emboar

C-rank
Moltres
Camerupt-Mega
S-rank
Mandibuzz
Tornadus-Therian
Gyarados
Thundurus-Therian

A-rank
Salamance
Aerodactyl-Mega
Articuno
Staraptor
Gligar

B-rank
Hawlucha
Crobat
Aerodactyl
Honchkrow
Yanmega
Tornadus
Pidgeot-Mega

C-rank
Archeops
Braviary
Sigilyph
Moltres
Xatu
S-rank
Sableye
Golurk

A-rank
Jellicent
Trevenant
Hoopa
Mismagius
Doublade

B-rank
Froslass
Cofagrigus
Banette-Mega
Dusclops
Gorgeist-Super

C-rank
Spiritomb
Shedinja
S-rank
Breloom
Cradily

A-rank
Serperior
Sceptile-Mega
Amoonguss
Rotom-Mow
Whimsicott

B-rank
Shiftry
Roserade
Ludicolo
Celebi
Venusaur
Gorgeist-Super
Abomasnow-Mega

C-rank
Chesnaught
Lilligant
Leavanny
S-rank
Diggersby
Nidoking
Landorus-T

A-rank
Gastrodon
Gliscor
Krookodile
Zygarde
Seismitoad

B-rank
Camerupt-Mega
Steelix-Mega
Quagsire
Rhyperior
Torterra
Piloswine

C-rank
Donphan
Swampert-Mega
Swampert
Nidoqueen
Golem
S-rank
Avalugg
Mamoswine

A-rank
Weavile
Piloswine
Cloyster
Abomasnow-Mega

B-rank
Rotom-Frost
Glalie-Mega
Articuno
Froslass
Lapras
Walrein

C-rank
Jynx
Cryogonal
S-rank
Pidgeot-Mega
Meloetta
Diggersby

A-rank
Blissey
Staravia
Audino-Mega
Miltank
Snorlax
Smeargle
Ditto
Porygon-Z

B-rank
Exploud
Cincinno
Ambipom

C-rank
Kecleon
Slaking
Pyroar
Furfrou
S-rank
Scolipede
Nidoking

A-rank
Tentacruel
Crobat
Beedrill-Mega
Drapion
Skuntank
Nidoqueen

B-rank
Toxicroak
Dragalge
Golbat
Amoonguss
Weezing

C-rank
Roserade
Quilfish
Ariados
Venomoth
S-rank
Gardevoir
Meloetta

A-rank
Jirachi
Gallade
Metagross
Deoxys-Speed
Alakazam
Cresselia
Delphox

B-rank
Celebi
Medicham
Espeon
Starmie
Azelf
Reuniclus
Slowking

C-rank
Malamar
Wobbufett
Uxie
Hoopa
S-rank
Tyranitar
Cradily

A-rank
Aggron-Mega
Diancie
Aerodactyl-Mega
Omastar
Shuckle
Tyranitar-Mega

B-rank
Rhyperior
Tyrantrum

C-rank
Archeops
Aurorus
Armaldo
Barbaracle
S-rank
Empoleon
Ferrothorn
Jirachi
Scizor
A-rank
Klefki
Metagross
Aggron
Lucario
Durant
Magneton
Aggron-Mega
B-rank
Registeel
Steelix-Mega
Cobalion
C-rank
Forretress
Mawile
S-rank
Starmie
Empoleon
Suicune

A-rank
Gyarados
Cloyster
Gastrodon
Slowbro
Crawdaunt
Tentaruel
Lanturn

B-rank
Quagsire
Feraligatr
Swampert
Rotom-Wash
Blastoise-Mega
Slowking
Kingdra
Vaporeon
Alomomola

C-rank
Ludicolo
Kabutops
Jellicent
Sharpedo
Milotic
Quilfish

Feel free to comment on any changes or suggest any, I'm sure it's hardly perfect :) I'll be looking to add lots of sample teams after MPL.

E: Unsurprisingly, Volcanion will not be allowed within Mono UU until we see any usage stats/evidence that it should be allowed.

Last edited:
Thought thanks to the new banlist and MPL coming to a close, now would be a fitting time to add some new sample teams to fill some gaps.

LARGE EDIT: Ended up throwing pretty much all the teams I have at this, we now have 2 sample teams per type, the existing legal sample teams have been added, and outdated samples have been left out.

Just wanted to point out how when doing this I was so happy to realize just how every type is viable in its own way, and how so many different playstyles can be effective apart from maybe stall yay and that the tier is beginning to shape up more and more.

By Tylacto

Yanmega @ Choice Specs
Ability: Tinted Lens
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Air Slash
- Bug Buzz
- Giga Drain
- U-turn

Armaldo @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Rock Blast
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Rapid Spin

Shuckle @ Mental Herb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Sticky Web
- Encore

Durant @ Choice Band
Ability: Hustle
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- X-Scissor
- Superpower
- Rock Slide

Volbeat @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Substitute
- Baton Pass
- Tailwind
- Thunder Wave

Vivillon @ Focus Sash
Ability: Compound Eyes
Modest Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Hurricane
- Quiver Dance
- Sleep Powder

by Tylacto

Leavanny @ Focus Sash
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Magic Coat
- Swords Dance
- Sticky Web

Venomoth @ Focus Sash
Ability: Tinted Lens
Modest Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Sludge Bomb
- Sleep Powder
- Quiver Dance

Armaldo @ Custap Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Rock Blast
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock

Crustle @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor
- Earthquake
- Shell Smash

Scyther @ Eviolite
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Wing Attack
- Bug Bite
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Durant @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 28 Def / 228 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- X-Scissor
- Crunch
- Superpower
By Tylacto
Cacturne @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Seed Bomb
- Sucker Punch
- Drain Punch
- Swords Dance

Sableye @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 76 SpD / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Foul Play
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Recover

Krookodile @ Focus Sash
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off

Skuntank @ Black Sludge
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Atk / 216 SpD
Careful Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Poison Jab
- Haze
- Defog

Zoroark @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Illusion
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Flamethrower
- Trick

Weavile @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance

By Tylacto

Drapion @ Air Balloon
Ability: Sniper
EVs: 100 HP / 252 Atk / 156 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Cross Poison
- Toxic Spikes
- Taunt

Krookodile @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Hydreigon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- U-turn

Weavile @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Low Kick

Honchkrow @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sucker Punch
- Night Slash
- Tailwind

Sharpedo @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Destiny Bond
- Protect
By Tylacto

Kingdra @ Razor Claw
EVs: 88 HP / 252 SpA / 168 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Agility
- Focus Energy

Druddigon @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Sucker Punch
- Glare
- Stealth Rock

Dragalge @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Bomb
- Thunderbolt
- Scald

Kyurem @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast

Flygon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Atk / 156 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost

Tyrantrum @ Lum Berry
Ability: Rock Head
Adamant Nature
- Head Smash
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Dragon Dance

by Tylacto

Zygarde @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 232 SpD / 24 Spe
Careful Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Coil
- Substitute

Goodra @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 248 HP / 148 Atk / 112 SpA
Mild Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Earthquake
- Power Whip
- Ice Beam

Salamence @ Choice Scarf
Hasty Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Fire Blast

Druddigon @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Glare
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

Kyurem @ Life Orb
EVs: 56 HP / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Roost
- Substitute

Haxorus @ Lum Berry
Ability: Mold Breaker
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab
By Tylacto

Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 236 HP / 252 SpD / 20 Spe
Calm Nature
- Discharge
- Toxic
- Roost
- Defog

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Mirror Coat

Ampharos-Mega @ Ampharosite
Ability: Mold Breaker
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Dragon Pulse
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Rotom-Heat @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def / 52 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Will-O-Wisp
- Trick

Luxray @ Choice Band
Ability: Guts
Adamant Nature
- Wild Charge
- Crunch
- Superpower
- Volt Switch

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Grass Knot
- Thunderbolt

Galvantula @ Focus Sash
Ability: Compound Eyes
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Bug Buzz
- Energy Ball
- Sticky Web

Electivire @ Life Orb
Ability: Vital Spirit
Jolly Nature
- Wild Charge
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake
- Taunt

Thundurus (M) @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Wild Charge
- Knock Off
- Superpower
- U-turn

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 244 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Tailwind
- Roost
- Defog

Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]
By Fírnen

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball

Diancie @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Sleep Talk
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Rest

Florges @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy
- Protect

Togetic @ Eviolite
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Thunder Wave
- Roost
- Flamethrower

Granbull @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Play Rough
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
Adamant Nature
- Quick Attack
- Frustration
- Curse
- Wish

by Tylacto

Gardevoir-Mega @ Gardevoirite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Trick Room

Carbink @ Normal Gem
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Explosion
- Reflect
- Stealth Rock
- Trick Room

Granbull @ Life Orb
Brave Nature
- Play Rough
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Crunch

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Quiet Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SpA / 0 Spe
- Hyper Voice
- Shadow Ball
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Aromatisse @ Leftovers
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Protect
- Wish
- Trick Room

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Leech Seed
- Encore
- Stun Spore
Mienshao @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch

Virizion @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Taunt
- Synthesis
- Calm Mind

Medicham @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pure Power
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Fake Out
- Bullet Punch

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Steadfast
Modest Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Aura Sphere
- Agility
- Dark Pulse

Scrafty @ Leftovers
Ability: Shed Skin
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- Bulk Up
- Rest

By Tylacto

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch

Poliwrath @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 96 Def / 164 SpD
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Waterfall
- Substitute
- Encore

Scrafty @ Leftovers
Ability: Shed Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Careful Nature
- Crunch
- Bulk Up
- Amnesia
- Rest

Chesnaught @ Salac Berry
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Seed Bomb
- Drain Punch
- Belly Drum
- Substitute

Mienshao @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- U-turn
- High Jump Kick
- Stone Edge

Gallade (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 200 Atk / 60 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- Shadow Sneak
- Swords Dance
By Tylacto

Ninetales @ Heat Rock
Ability: Drought
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Nasty Plot
- Toxic

Houndoom @ Houndoominite
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Dark Pulse
- Nasty Plot
- Destiny Bond

Emboar @ Choice Band
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Wild Charge
- Earthquake

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 112 SpA / 112 SpD / 32 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Flash Cannon
- Solar Beam
- Earth Power

Torkoal @ Air Balloon
Ability: White Smoke
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Yawn

Victini @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Victory Star
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- Zen Headbutt

By Tylacto

Torkoal @ Air Balloon
Ability: White Smoke
Bold Nature
- Lava Plume
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Yawn

Entei @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Iron Head
- Stone Edge
- Bulldoze

Volcarona @ Focus Sash
Ability: Flame Body
Modest Nature
- Fiery Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Giga Drain
- Quiver Dance

Ninetales @ Heat Rock
Ability: Drought
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Nasty Plot
- Toxic

Camerupt @ Cameruptite
Ability: Solid Rock
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Ancient Power
- Solar Beam

Rotom-Heat @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Trick
by scpinion
I've already seen someone else using this team in a room tour, so I figure I'll share it. Just a solid balanced Flying team. I've won a bunch of room tours w/ it and brought it to MPL vs. Tylacto.

Crocune (if it has some speed ev's), Sableye, and Taunt Aero are major threats. You can play around an Ice team w/ proper play. Otherwise it has a pretty good matchup vs. the meta. Lots of fun to use!

Articuno @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 252 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Roost
- Freeze-Dry
- Heal Bell
- Toxic

Gligar @ Eviolite
Ability: Immunity
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Toxic

Mandibuzz @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 68 SpD / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Foul Play
- Taunt
- Defog

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Earthquake
- Thunder Fang

Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
EVs: 168 HP / 88 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- Heat Wave

Salamence @ Expert Belt
Lonely Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake

By Tylacto

Hawlucha @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 20 HP / 252 Atk / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- High Jump Kick
- Swords Dance
- Substitute

Gyarados @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Waterfall
- Sleep Talk
- Rest
- Thunder Wave

Yanmega @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Air Slash
- Giga Drain
- Protect

Thundurus-Therian @ Assault Vest
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 240 SpA / 16 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Discharge
- Grass Knot
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Psychic

Mandibuzz @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 72 Def / 184 SpD
Careful Nature
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Toxic
- Defog

Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
EVs: 252 Atk / 40 Def / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
By Tylacto

Trevenant @ Lum Berry
Ability: Harvest
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 SpD
Impish Nature
- Horn Leech
- Will-O-Wisp
- Leech Seed
- Rest

Jellicent @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Magic Coat
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

Sableye @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 72 SpD / 12 Spe
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Taunt

Doublade @ Eviolite
Brave Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword
- Swords Dance

Mismagius @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Nasty Plot

Golurk @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Dynamic Punch
- Earthquake
- Curse
- Stealth Rock

by Tylacto

Trevenant @ Lum Berry
Ability: Harvest
Relaxed Nature
- Horn Leech
- Will-O-Wisp
- Trick Room
- Rest

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Sassy Nature
- Scald
- Trick Room
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

Hoopa @ Life Orb
Ability: Magician
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Psyshock
- Trick Room

Doublade @ Eviolite
Brave Nature
- Iron Head
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword
- Swords Dance

Banette @ Banettite
Ability: Frisk
Brave Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Gunk Shot
- Shadow Claw
- Taunt

Golurk @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Dynamic Punch
- Earthquake
- Curse
- Stealth Rock
by Tylacto

Abomasnow @ Abomasite
EVs: 248 HP / 64 Atk / 196 SpA
Lonely Nature
- Blizzard
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Giga Drain

Serperior @ Life Orb
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Dragon Pulse
- Taunt

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Rock Tomb
- Spore
- Swords Dance

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 188 Def / 68 SpA
Bold Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Foul Play
- Synthesis
- Spore

Cradily @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Recover
- Toxic
- Rock Slide

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Def / 76 SpD
Bold Nature
- Leech Seed
- Moonblast
- Encore
- Stun Spore

by Tylacto

Sceptile @ Sceptilite
Ability: Overgrow
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Substitute

Celebi @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 172 Def / 52 SpD / 36 Spe
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Substitute
- Nasty Plot
- Baton Pass

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 188 Def / 68 SpA
Bold Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Foul Play
- Synthesis
- Spore

Cradily @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Recover
- Toxic
- Rock Slide

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Taunt
- Moonblast
- Encore
- Stun Spore

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Rock Tomb
- Spore
- Swords Dance
by Fírnen

Piloswine @ Eviolite
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Ice Shard
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Nidoking @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Flamethrower

Gliscor @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 76 HP / 252 Atk / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Agility
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Recover
- Infestation

Zygarde @ Lum Berry
Serious Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed

Diggersby @ Choice Band
Serious Nature
- Earthquake
- Frustration
- Quick Attack
- Wild Charge

by Tylacto

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 76 SpD / 60 Spe
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Agility
- Substitute
- Baton Pass

Piloswine @ Eviolite
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Ice Shard
- Roar
- Stealth Rock

Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit

Nidoking @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Flamethrower
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Thunderbolt

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Recover
- Infestation

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
EVs: 68 HP / 252 Atk / 188 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
by WishingJirachi7
Even with Kyurem-B banned, Ice still remains one of the better offensive monotypes with less threats to worry about that murdered it in standard (aside from the overpowered Fire especially as this team lacks Scarf Kyurem tho Cloyster can sweep when Heatran is weakened and Entei is removed.)

1ce Qu33n (Weavile) (F) @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Low Kick

Transport (Lapras) (F) @ Choice Specs
EVs: 208 HP / 252 SpA / 48 Spe
Modest Nature
- Surf
- Freeze-Dry
- Frost Breath
- Hidden Power [Fire]

IT'S X-MAS (Abomasnow-Mega) (M) @ Abomasite
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Blizzard
- Giga Drain
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard

Pork Chops (Piloswine) (M) @ Eviolite
EVs: 176 HP / 92 Atk / 240 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Stone Edge

#1 C0ff33 Tabl3 (Avalugg) (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Relaxed Nature
- Avalanche
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake / Toxic
- Recover

Nerf Fire!!! (Cloyster) (M) @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Ice Shard
- Rock Blast

by Tylacto

Avalugg (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Relaxed Nature
- Avalanche
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic
- Recover

Weavile (F) @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Low Kick

Walrein @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Surf
- Frost Breath
- Signal Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Rotom-Frost @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 248 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Mamoswine @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Stealth Rock

Cloyster (M) @ Focus Sash
EVs: 168 Atk / 88 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Hydro Pump
- Rock Blast
By Tylacto

Audino @ Audinite
Bold Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Sleep Talk
- Rest
- Calm Mind

Blissey @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock

Staravia @ Eviolite
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Feather Dance
- Roost
- Defog

Diggersby @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Frustration
- Earthquake
- Wild Charge
- U-turn

Meloetta @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 200 Def / 60 SpD
Bold Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Substitute

Exploud @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Boomburst
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam

by scpinion
Just a quick HO that I threw together—not sure if it is any good. Idea is to set webs and spam super strong Normal attacks so Pidgeot or Braviary can clean. Braviary is mainly there to punish someone that choses to Defog away the webs. The melo set was meant to check m-shark, so feel free to change it now that the shark is banned.

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
Timid Nature
- Spore
- Stealth Rock
- Sticky Web
- Taunt

Pidgeot-Mega @ Pidgeotite
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Roost
- Quick Attack

Porygon-Z @ Silk Scarf
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Tri Attack
- Thunderbolt
- Agility

Exploud @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Boomburst
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Surf

Meloetta @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 8 HP / 76 Def / 232 SpA / 192 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Energy Ball

Braviary @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Tailwind
- Superpower
- Return
By Tylacto

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Foul Play
- Spore

Toxicroak @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
Jolly Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

Scolipede @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Megahorn
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Poison Jab

Nidoking @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam

Drapion @ Air Balloon
Jolly Nature
- Cross Poison
- Pursuit
- Knock Off
- Taunt

Tentacruel @ Assault Vest
Ability: Liquid Ooze
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Acid Spray
- Rapid Spin
- Mirror Coat

by Tylacto

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Def / 196 SpD
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Foul Play
- Spore

Weezing @ Black Sludge
Bold Nature
- Flamethrower
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Haze

Beedrill-Mega @ Beedrillite
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Poison Jab
- Knock Off
- Protect

Nidoking @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam

Drapion @ Air Balloon
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Cross Poison
- Pursuit
- Knock Off
- Taunt

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Def / 196 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Acid Spray
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes
by Tylacto

Alakazam @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Energy Ball
- Calm Mind

Deoxys-Speed @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Recover

Meloetta @ Assault Vest
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Thunderbolt

Slowking @ Colbur Berry
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Fire Blast
- Slack Off
- Thunder Wave

Delphox @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magician
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Psychic
- Grass Knot
- Trick

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Heart Stamp
- Ice Punch
- U-turn

by Tylacto

Azelf @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion
- U-turn

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Quiet Nature
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Trick Room

Gardevoir @ Life Orb
Ability: Trace
Quiet Nature
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Trick Room

Slowking @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Fire Blast
- Toxic
- Trick Room

Malamar @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
Sassy Nature
- Superpower
- Sleep Talk
- Rest
- Trick Room

Metagross @ Choice Band
Brave Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Ice Punch
- Zen Headbutt
by Tylacto

Tyranitar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpA
Naughty Nature
- Stone Edge
- Fire Blast
- Pursuit
- Crunch

Cradily @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Toxic
- Recover
- Stealth Rock

Tyrantrum @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
- Head Smash
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Dragon Dance

Omastar @ Focus Sash
Ability: Weak Armor
Modest Nature
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Shell Smash

Adamant Nature
- Aerial Ace
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Taunt

Aurorus @ Choice Specs
Ability: Refrigerate
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Freeze-Dry
- Earth Power
- Ancient Power

by Tylacto

Tyranitar-Mega @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 8 Atk / 248 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

Cradily @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Toxic
- Recover
- Mirror Coat

Shuckle @ Mental Herb
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Sticky Web
- Toxic
- Encore

Omastar @ Focus Sash
Ability: Weak Armor
Modest Nature
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Shell Smash

Adamant Nature
- Aerial Ace
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Taunt

Diancie @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
by Tylacto

Scizor @ Choice Band
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Atk / 24 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Superpower

Empoleon @ Air Balloon
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 228 SpD / 28 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Roar
- Defog
- Stealth Rock

Aggron @ Aggronite
Careful Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Curse
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 92 Def / 164 SpD
Careful Nature
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Thunder Wave
- Protect

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Zen Headbutt
- Iron Head
- Ice Punch
- U-Turn

Lucario @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Aura Sphere
- Flash Cannon
- Vacuum Wave
- Nasty Plot

by Tylacto

Klefki @ Light Clay
Bold Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave

Lucario @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Aura Sphere
- Flash Cannon
- Vacuum Wave
- Nasty Plot

Cobalion @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Volt Switch
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

Aggron @ Air Balloon
Adamant Nature
- Head Smash
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Autotomize

Magneton @ Choice Specs
Ability: Analytic
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Zen Headbutt
- Iron Head
- Ice Punch
- U-turn
by Tylacto

Crawdaunt @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Swords Dance

Suicune @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Rest
- Substitute
- Calm Mind

Cloyster @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 20 Def / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Ice Shard
- Razor Shell
- Rock Blast

Empoleon @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 228 SpD / 28 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Roar
- Stealth Rock
- Defog

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Recover

Starmie @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

by Tylacto

Rotom-Wash @ Chesto Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 244 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rest

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 236 Def / 20 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Cloyster @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 20 Def / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Ice Shard
- Razor Shell
- Rock Blast

Gyarados @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Bounce
- Dragon Dance

Ludicolo @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Scald
- Focus Blast
- Rain Dance

Starmie @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)