Monotype Theorymon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Confluxx [Old]

Banned deucer.
There was a tie in votes between Zap and Oberyn. I did a random pick on PS! and Oberyn was the winner, congratulations!

Oberyn: 4
Waszap: 4
Drifting: 1

Confluxx [Old]

Banned deucer.
Cycle 15: Normal

The type for this cycle of Monotype Theorymon is Normal! There are a lot of cool and interesting Normal types that are C Rank and below, so I'm looking forward to some interesting ideas for this cycle. Remember, unranked Pokemon are legal. Check out Monotype Viability Rankings to get a clue of what Pokemon you should submit your ideas for.
You have until Friday 02/09/2016.

maroon

free palestine
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
RMT & Mono Leader

Blissey: 255 HP/ 10 Atk/ 45 Def (+25 Def)/ 50 SpA(-25 SpA)/ 135 SpD/ 55 Spe

Blissey (F) @ Colbur Berry
Typing
: Normal/Ghost
Ability: Flame Body

EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Aromatherapy
- Soft-Boiled

Aids, this Blissey completely gets rid of its only types Weakness and adds on Dark. Luckily Dark type special attacks wont do to much because if its great special bulk and since it has relatively decent Physical Bulk I decided to add Flame Body to hinder any possible Physical Attackers trying to take down Blissey. This stat changes, along with the new ability and typing allow Blissey to become so much more of an annoying tank and making 17/18 typings (except Dark) want to click X as soon as they see Blisseys new found monstrous bulk and great ability making the Normal core just that much more annoying to take down. I would have said ghost but it still cant touch the rest of normal. Blissey carries the standard moves allowing it to not only wall a huge chunk of the metagame but to also wear down foes with the use of Toxic and Seismic Toss while beibg able to cure its on statuses with Aromatherapy and Softboiled.

Pokemon such as Doublade completely wall this Blissey set so pairing it with Specs Shadow Ball Meloetta would make for a really nice core. However this leaves the team a little dark weak.

Last edited:

Drifting

wrapped in plastic
is a Tiering Contributor
upload_2016-8-31_15-40-18.png

this thing has too much special attack so yeah thats dropping 70 points to 25 spatk
and next how bout we give it plus 20 in attack and 35 in speed (because why not)
jesus Christ I just realised this picture has a communism logo on it? Welp.
anyway lets put that remaining 15 in spdef, so we can live vacuum wave (?)
and huge power for balance (balanced enough to kill every sheep in New Zealand by slapping the ground that is)

The God Slaking @ Sticky Barb (Kappa)
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Play Rough
- Night Slash
- Brick Break

You guys always vote for broken stuff anyway so gg? :v4:

Reactions: Zap

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Dazzling
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spore
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind
Just thought id throw something fun out there, an ability that hasn't been properly introduced yet, but I thought why not? Anyways, with dazzling, smearlge doesnt have to worry about its sash being broken by the likes of fake out, and then being beaten by slower mons with a priority move before setting up twice. Or having a priority encore or twave or any of that jazz used on it.
"Dazzling prevents opposing Pokémon from using moves with increased priority."

Last edited:

Sylveon.

Penny saved is still a fucking penny
Lion King babies ::

Pyroar @ Choice Specs
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hyper Voice
- Hidden Power Grass
- Dark Pulse/Hyper Beam/Focus Blast(if you want to make it broken)

Stats : 86/38(-30)/72/130(+21)/66/115(+9)

This thing becomes normal's ultimate steel breaker, with mold breaker and increased spl attack allowing it to 2hko specially defensive heatran
and empoleon if that becomes a thing. And speed investment allows it to outspeed serperior and stuff, also allowing it to decimate grass teams by defeating mega venusaur. That attack stat was useless anyways. If you allow it to have focus miss, it even fucks up rock teams just due to that speed tier and hyper beam is obviously a nuke.(Also dark pulse helps it beat chandy)

maroon

free palestine
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
RMT & Mono Leader

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Dazzling
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spore
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind
Just thought id throw something fun out there, an ability that hasn't been properly introduced yet, but I thought why not? Anyways, with dazzling, smearlge doesnt have to worry about its sash being broken by the likes of fake out, and then being beaten by slower mons with a priority move before setting up twice. Or having a priority encore or twave or any of that jazz used on it.
"Dazzling prevents opposing Pokémon from using moves with increased priority."

Idk if were allowed to post more than one idea, BUT, if we are, here's my second idea:

^ do yourself a favor and dont search up "miltank" on google...
Miltank (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Body Slam
- Iron Head / Fire Punch / Earthquake
- Rock Slide / Fire Punch / Earthquake
- Zen Headbutt

Normal version or scarf rachi, i dont think i need to explain any further lol.
Waszap I asked xBalor before making my normal theorymon he said Gen 6 abilities and below.

Confluxx [Old]

Banned deucer.
I apologize for the long break of this project. School started and other things happened that got me distracted from all forum work, but we're picking off where we left off if people still have interest in this project.

Here are the three theorymons submitted from which you can pick one to vote for, and you can't vote for yourself.

The Excadrill's Blissey
Waszap's Smeargle
darksylvion's Pyroar

Drifting
Make sure your ideas don't include extreme buffs such as Huge Power Slaking, Boomburst Meloetta etc.
For breaking this rule you're banned from posting until Cycle 17.

You have until Tuesday 04/10/2016 to vote.

DoW

formally Death on Wings
Voting for Pyroar, while I liked the idea of giving Blissey a niche, giving it the def boosts and flame body on top of the ghost typing were just too much.

Confluxx [Old]

Banned deucer.
Cycle 16: Dragon

The type for this cycle of Monotype Theorymon is Dragon! Looking forward to some cool ideas for Dragon-types that are ranked C or below, including unranked Pokemon.Check out the Monotype Viability Rankings to get a clue of what Pokemon you should submit your ideas for.​

You have until Sunday 09/10/2016.

maroon

free palestine
RMT & Mono Leader

BST Changes
HP 85 / Atk 70 (-25) 50 / Def 80 / SpA 97 (+25) 123 / SpD 80 / Spe 123
Noivern @ Life Orb
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Dragon Pulse
- Roost
- Quiver Dance

This gives Dragon access to a solid fast late game sweeper with Life Orb boosted stab aerilate allowing Noivern to hit like a truck and to allow Dragon to have proper flying coverage. Memento pokemon such as Latios can help Noivern more easily setup. Quiver Dance is to make noivern an even more threatening target as it can setup Quiver Dances and easily recover any damage taken from opposing pokemon. This works as Dragon's special counterpart to like Mega Salamence however it does have a harder time sweeping because of its lack of natural bulk and intimidate.

Last edited:
I've had a break from this since my last idea failed, but I'm gonna try again.

(This sprite looks too cool not to use it)
Stats: 90->100(+10)/100->50(-50)/70->100(+30)/110/150/80
Type: Dragon/Water

Goodra @ Leftovers
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor / Dragon Pulse
- Sludge Bomb
- Flamethrower / Fire Blast
- Recover

Dragon is more of an offensive type than a defensive one, usually relying on Mega/regular Latias to wall things, but Goodra sets out to change that. With a new Water typing added on, a reliable recovery move and even better defensive stats than before, Goodra will be able to wall a large portion of the meta reliably.

Goodra never really had much going for it in Monotype, as it was cursed with a pure Dragon typing, a lack of reliable recovery and disappointing defense. It makes sense that Goodra is part Water type, as the goo can be related to liquids/water, and Goomys can be caught on the water. It now has fantastic 100/100/150 bulk, which lets it take hits incredibly well. Lastly, it gets Recover, allowing it to reliably heal off the damage it takes it battle.

NOTE: You may notice Goodra's BST is lower than when it started. I did this hoping it will nerf the changes I made a little bit. But then again, I did stick it in a stat that didn't make too much difference. I'll let you people decide if I've done too much.

Last edited:

Ok, submission time. Druddigon is a fun mon (especially in monothreats), but it's always just lacking something to be as effective on regular monotype, most of the time being outclassed by bulky Garchomp. So here it is, Prankster Druddigon.

Druddigon @ Focus Sash/Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock/Glare
- Dragon Tail
- Glare/Gunk Shot/Rain Dance/Sucker Punch

The idea is pretty simple, lead with this fella, prevent the opposing team to set hazards, set Stealth Rock up, and profit. It also has a cool movepool including Glare, which can help to stop a sweep of the likes of Sand Rush Excadrill, Swift Swimmers, Scarf Kyurem-B and so on. Another cool option is Rain Dance, giving Kingdra some turns to demolish the opposing team after Druddigon is taken out. The EVs are not really defined, but a speed creep on stuff like Sableye and Klefki is the spread you should run.

Last edited:
Reserving Noivern

Noivern @ Choice Specs
Type: Dragon/Normal
Stats: 85/70/80/103 (+6)/80/125 (+2)
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Hurricane / U-Turn / Switcheroo

STAB Boomburst with slightly increased special Attack will destroy most things that don't resist Normal. That on top of Specs makes Noivern the strongest Boomburst user (previously held by Chatot) and it now has Scrappy to spam Boomburst without worrying about switch ins against Ghost teams. The unique Dragon/Normal typing removes a Stealth Rock weakness and makes Ice only 2x effective, making Vern more appealing as now it doesn't have to compete with other Dragon/Flying-types. The slightly increased ties with Weavile, allowing Noivern to take it out before it destroys you
I don't wanna be that guy, but STAB boomburst on something as fast Noivern doesnt seem like a very good idea, especially for the monotype metagame

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)