Monotype Monotype Normal

Somerandomplayerok

Banned deucer.
http://pokepast.es/fb9a0fe59864ad84

I thought the normal type was pretty cool since they are weak to only one type and they have one resistance anyways:

Blissey:
Blissey is basically bait for physical attackers which will get OHKOd by Counter....well it depends on what pokemon we're talking about, it provides support with Thunder Wave and Aromatherapy
Munchlax:
I thought it would be pretty interesting as a tank since it already has pretty high hp,defenses get boosted by eviolite and with curse+it's special defense is already pretty good.
It has Body Slam for some paralysis and stab, Toxic for potentially stalling and rest for recovery and it also does what Blissey doesn't.
Porygon2:
Another good eviolite user but it focuses on doing pretty good damage without turns to boost, Psywave for potentially huge damage on special walls.
It also has Toxic for also stalling+access to Recover could make it a decent staller.
Tauros:
Fast poweful physical attacker which breaks things i guess.
That's basically all it is, just a fast and powerful physical attacker and it has Zen Headbutt to beat fighting types.
Mega Pidgeot:
Great special attacker which can also beat Hurricane and it has some decent coverage with Hyper Beam, Heat Wave and Hidden Power.
Heliolisk:
It's very powerful in the sun which is always useful and it's also another special attacker if Mega Pidgeot faints+electric moves are always useful.

mushamu

God jihyo
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
Cool team, but there are lots of issues I see:
First of all, I'd suggest using Chansey over Blissey. The reason for this is that Chansey is actually bulkier in comparison to Blissey, because of its ability to boost its defenses with Eviolite.

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled

This set still retains Softboiled and Thunder Wave from Blissey's set. Seismic Toss is Chansey's way to deal consistent damage, which is why its more reliable than Counter.

Another thing is that for reference, you should always try to include Stealth Rock on every team you build. The amount of utility it brings to the table when they are set, the ability to chip opposing Pokemon is undesirable to go without. On Normal teams, the most reliable Stealth Rock setter is Chansey, who is able to reliably get them up with her massive bulk. This is why I think Chansey should run Stealth Rock over Aromatherapy. Maximum Defense EVs are there on Chansey to support her low defense, and coupled with Eviolite it makes her extremely bulky.

Next off, I recommend using Snorlax over Munchlax. As a Curse sweeper Snorlax accomplishes the role better than its pre-evolution, because it can drop Eviolite and use a Recycle + Iapapa Berry set with Gluttony that provides it with reliable recovery, while still retaining massive bulk.

Snorlax @ Figy Berry
Ability: Gluttony
EVs: 188 HP / 176 Def / 144 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Recycle
- Facade
- Earthquake

I think as a physical attacker Diggersby would work better here than Tauros. Of course Diggersby has a lower Speed stat than Tauros, but the power it provides definitely makes up for it. Diggersby can also run a Life Orb set, and it can also run a Choice Band set to capitalize on its wallbreaking potential.

Diggersby @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Quick Attack
- Return
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake

This set capitalizes on Diggersby's wallbreaking potential using a Choice Band, which lets it hit ridiculously hard.

Diggersby @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Fire Punch
- Return
- Earthquake

This set aims to set up with Swords Dance, while also retaining some power through Life Orb and the ability to switch between attacks, unlike the Choice Band set.

I feel like you have 2 options over Heliolisk here. Staraptor and Ditto are both very good on Normal, the former being a key part of the Normal defensive core that can act as a defensive defogger that can handle physical Fighting Type attackers and the latter being able to pressure or dis encourage setup sweepers by copying its stat boosts and outspeeding with a Choice Scarf.

Staraptor @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Defog
- U-Turn / Close Combat

16 Speed EVs creep Adamant base 70 speeds such as Breloom and Bisharp.

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
Happiness: 128
Bold Nature
- Transform

Ditto's happiness is 128 in order to reliably revenge kill Mega Altaria with Return / Frustration.

If you were to keep Heliolisk, I'd recommend using Timid as a nature over Modest. Outspeeding base 100 speed Pokemon such as Mega Charizard Y, Hydreigon, and Kyurem Black is very important if you're using a frail offensive Pokemon such as Heliolisk. As Water teams will usually be threatened by Heliolisk's Thunderbolt, they will usually switch out to their Ground-type Pokemon, namely Swampert or Gastrodon. This is why I recommend using Grass Knot over Hidden Power Fire on Heliolisk in order to nail bulky Ground-type Pokemon. I also recommend using Thunderbolt over Thunder for the accuracy. Dry Skin should be fun over Solar Power as it gives Heliolisk a lot of leverage when switching into Water-type attacks.

I also have a few changes to make on Mega Pidgeot's set. I recommend using Hidden Power Ground over Hidden Power Water as Hidden Power Ground hits most of the things Hidden Power Water hits, as well as Electric-type Pokemon and Heatran that try to switch into Mega Pidgeot's Heat Wave on Steel teams. I'd also recommend using U-Turn on Mega Pidgeot over Hyper Beam. Hyper Beam doesn't hit much anyway, and the drawbacks of being immobilized for one turn can be really beneficial sometimes. U-Turn allows Mega Pidgeot to pivot into other teammates when it's against a Pokemon it can't defeat.

On Porygon2, I'd recommend using Ice Beam over Tri-Attack. Tri-Attack doesn't actually hit anything in particular, while Ice Beam hits a lot of things super effectively and has better general overall coverage. Foul Play should also be used over Psywave to deal with Pokemon that enjoy setting up such as Mega Scizor and Gyarados. Porygon2, should also run maximum defensive EVs to function as a physical wall; Chansey's presence as an extremely bulky special wall allows Porygon2 to go more physical to check physical attackers more comfortably. You also probably don't need Thunder Wave as you already have it on Chansey, so Toxic should be ran here.
Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Toxic
- Ice Beam
- Foul Play

Trace is the preferred ability on Porygon2 as it can sometimes Trace useful abilities such as Dragonite's Multiscale or Mega Sableye's Magic Bounce.
If you choose to implement my changes, assuming you used Choice Band Diggersby and kept Heliolisk the team should look like this:
Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Foul Play
- Recover

Snorlax @ Figy Berry
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Recycle
- Facade
- Earthquake

Diggersby @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake
- Return
- Quick Attack

Pidgeot-Mega @ Pidgeotite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 Atk
- U-turn
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Heliolisk @ Life Orb
Ability: Solar Power
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Grass Knot
- Hyper Voice
- Focus Blast

Well, my rate is finished. I hope you enjoy your team and fee free to check our our resources such as the viability rankings and if you have any questions feel free to ask them here. Good luck!

Last edited:

Somerandomplayerok

Banned deucer.
Cool team, but there are lots of issues I see:
First of all, I'd suggest using Chansey over Blissey. The reason for this is that Chansey is actually bulkier in comparison to Blissey, because of its ability to boost its defenses with Eviolite.

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled

This set still retains Softboiled and Thunder Wave from Blissey's set. Seismic Toss is Chansey's way to deal consistent damage, which is why its more reliable than Counter.

Another thing is that for reference, you should always try to include Stealth Rock on every team you build. The amount of utility it brings to the table when they are set, the ability to chip opposing Pokemon is undesirable to go without. On Normal teams, the most reliable Stealth Rock setter is Chansey, who is able to reliably get them up with her massive bulk. This is why I think Chansey should run Stealth Rock over Aromatherapy. Maximum Defense EVs are there on Chansey to support her low defense, and coupled with Eviolite it makes her extremely bulky.

Next off, I recommend using Snorlax over Munchlax. As a Curse sweeper Snorlax accomplishes the role better than its pre-evolution, because it can drop Eviolite and use a Recycle + Iapapa Berry set with Gluttony that provides it with reliable recovery, while still retaining massive bulk.

Snorlax @ Figy Berry
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Recycle
- Facade
- Earthquake

I think as a physical attacker Diggersby would work better here than Tauros. Of course Diggersby has a lower Speed stat than Tauros, but the power it provides definitely makes up for it. Diggersby can also run a Life Orb set, and it can also run a Choice Band set to capitalize on its wallbreaking potential.

Diggersby @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Quick Attack
- Return
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake

This set capitalizes on Diggersby's wallbreaking potential using a Choice Band, which lets it hit ridiculously hard.

Diggersby @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Fire Punch
- Return
- Earthquake

This set aims to set up with Swords Dance, while also retaining some power through Life Orb and the ability to switch between attacks, unlike the Choice Band set.

I feel like you have 2 options over Heliolisk here. Staraptor and Ditto are both very good on Normal, the former being a key part of the Normal defensive core that can act as a defensive defogger that can handle physical Fighting Type attackers and the latter being able to pressure or dis encourage setup sweepers by copying its stat boosts and outspeeding with a Choice Scarf.

Staraptor @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Defog
- U-Turn / Close Combat

16 Speed EVs creep Adamant base 70 speeds such as Breloom and Bisharp.

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
Happiness: 128
Bold Nature
- Transform

Ditto's happiness is 128 in order to reliably revenge kill Mega Altaria with Return / Frustration.

If you were to keep Heliolisk, I'd recommend using Timid as a nature over Modest. Outspeeding base 100 speed Pokemon such as Mega Charizard Y, Hydreigon, and Kyurem Black is very important if you're using a frail offensive Pokemon such as Heliolisk. As Water teams will usually be threatened by Heliolisk's Thunderbolt, they will usually switch out to their Ground-type Pokemon, namely Swampert or Gastrodon. This is why I recommend using Grass Knot over Hidden Power Fire on Heliolisk in order to nail bulky Ground-type Pokemon. I also recommend using Thunderbolt over Thunder for the accuracy. Dry Skin should be fun over Solar Power as it gives Heliolisk a lot of leverage when switching into Water-type attacks.

I also have a few changes to make on Mega Pidgeot's set. I recommend using Hidden Power Ground over Hidden Power Water as Hidden Power Ground hits most of the things Hidden Power Water hits, as well as Electric-type Pokemon and Heatran that try to switch into Mega Pidgeot's Heat Wave on Steel teams. I'd also recommend using U-Turn on Mega Pidgeot over Hyper Beam. Hyper Beam doesn't hit much anyway, and the drawbacks of being immobilized for one turn can be really beneficial sometimes. U-Turn allows Mega Pidgeot to pivot into other teammates when it's against a Pokemon it can't defeat.

On Porygon2, I'd recommend using Ice Beam over Tri-Attack. Tri-Attack doesn't actually hit anything in particular, while Ice Beam hits a lot of things super effectively and has better general overall coverage. Foul Play should also be used over Psywave to deal with Pokemon that enjoy setting up such as Mega Scizor and Gyarados. Porygon2, should also run maximum defensive EVs to function as a physical wall; Chansey's presence as an extremely bulky special wall allows Porygon2 to go more physical to check physical attackers more comfortably. You also probably don't need Thunder Wave as you already have it on Chansey, so Toxic should be ran here.
Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Toxic
- Ice Beam
- Foul Play

Trace is the preferred ability on Porygon2 as it can sometimes Trace useful abilities such as Dragonite's Multiscale or Mega Sableye's Magic Bounce.
If you choose to implement my changes, assuming you used Choice Band Diggersby and kept Heliolisk the team should look like this:
Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Foul Play
- Recover

Snorlax @ Figy Berry
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Recycle
- Facade
- Earthquake

Diggersby @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake
- Return
- Quick Attack

Pidgeot-Mega @ Pidgeotite
Ability: No Guard
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 Atk
- U-turn
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Heliolisk @ Life Orb
Ability: Solar Power
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Grass Knot
- Hyper Voice
- Focus Blast

Well, my rate is finished. I hope you enjoy your team and fee free to check our our resources such as the viability rankings and if you have any questions feel free to ask them here. Good luck!
Thanks for the rate but while i disagree with many things i'll still try using it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)