Monotype Community Create A Team | Phase 5 - Voting

Status
Not open for further replies.
I TOLD YOU TO CHANGE KELDEO TO SOMETHING ELSE SMH
zzz bro.

Ivid, because it's obvious nobody else will win, and if I may suggest one thing though, instead of having u-turn, have both heat wave and superpower, because there are a lot of very very physical steel types or fighting neutral steel types, and superpower, is definitely useful to keep because it sweeps normal types, I actually run, hurricane, heat wave, superpower, knock off, but taunt is just as good in a different way.
Live session is here to discuss and change things you think we should. Sets, Mons, EV Spreads, ect. We will talk about changes in the live session not in the thread. :)

Ivid, because it's obvious nobody else will win, and if I may suggest one thing though, instead of having u-turn, have both heat wave and superpower, because there are a lot of very very physical steel types or fighting neutral steel types, and superpower, is definitely useful to keep because it sweeps normal types, I actually run, hurricane, heat wave, superpower, knock off, but taunt is just as good in a different way.
Same vote as this gentleman. One thing a user named Sakis/Alliance Sakis has given me a Torn-T Team and I've been using it a bit now. U-turn helps him alot as it not only pivots, but it deals damage + helps regenerater kick in to help him heal. As I use the team I've won a lot of matches that I should've lost from just that mon alone. I run SP, KOFF, U-turn, Hurricane /w LO. I'ma try to make a team on IVid's set and see how it goes for me.

Last edited:
We will start building the team around iVid's Tornadus.

iVid's Tornadus - 8 Votes
Enoch's Salamence - 2 Votes
SirSkit's Snorlax - 1 Vote
vlmufa's Infernape - 1 Vote

Other submissions didn't get any vote.

Have fun submitting things u.u

Last edited:
Let's go with a standard on Flying Teams: SpDef Defog Zapdos

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 152 SpD / 108 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch/Discharge/Thunderbolt
- Toxic
- Defog
- Roost

Quite simple, Torn does not want Rocks up as it hinders its Regenerator significantly. Zapdos is one of if not the best Defogger on Flying. With this spread we Outspeed Jolly 70s afterwards maximising our HP(248 to take minimal damage from rocks) and SpDef. Defog because that is Zapdos' main job, Roost for Healing, Toxic to whittle down bulky mons, sometimes to put them in range of Tornadus. The Electric move is just up to preference, you can either have momentum in Switch, A good chance to Para in Discharge or a bit more damage in Thunderbolt.

Last edited:
Togekiss @ Choice Specs
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Air Slash
- Ancient Power
- Shadow Ball
- Flamethrower

This thing dominates most teams, using flamethrower on Grass, Ice, sometimes bug, but most of the time bug is with ancient power, and steel types with heatran down already, as if with tornadus' superpower. Shadow ball on ghost teams. Ancient power on fire teams, other flying teams and most bug teams. Air slash on pretty much anything else that is resistant to flying. Also if you have a physical attacker such as lando-t or dragonite, or even mega gyarados, and you know the opponent will WoW you get a free switchin to it!

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet / Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge / Knock Off

I think bulky landorus would be a good partner for Tornadus because it forms a uturn core with it, and other future mons, like maybe thundurus or zapdos with volt switch. It has a great ability in intimidate so it can perform better as a physical wall. It also provides stealth rock support for the team, powerful ground stab, and either stone edge coverage or knock off utility. The speed can be changed, because it should probably depend on what threatens the team, but I went with adamant 70 creep.

lets make a triple therian team

landorus @ choice band
evs 252 atk 252 spe 4 w/e
adamant nature
- earthquake
- stone edge
- superpower
- u turn

having memed with triple therian for reqs the lando set i used most was band. the evio core can sometimes be pretty annoying for flying but an adamant 145 base atk choice band stone edge superpower mix can destroy the evio core and raptor. especially useful with torn since it can koff items off. outside of normal lando sits at a pretty good speed tier even at adamant being able to nuke a ton of bulky things and 0hko or 2hko almost everything (who needs jolly when u have tornadus and a scarf).

btw please dont just throw on skarmdos and use a generic team, that kinda defeats the whole purpose if your just gonna go full generic (having flashbacks to that ubique mega zam ccat team that was generic psychic + mega zam + starmie over latios zzz)

Ice Bird PHeonix!~ (Articuno) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- U-turn
- Hurricane
- Defog

hi i noticed you need hazard removal and the 375-442 speed tier is really uncovered. you also have a weakness to wash rotom which this resolves. scarf defog is a good hazard removal option that doesnt make you lose any momentum. freeze-dry is so you can solo water teams that only consist of swampert, hurricane is so that you can make smogon posts with no substance about articuno beating fighting. u-turn is so you can do like 30% to hoopa-u. i can't be assed to check if its banned so if it is pretend i said malamar.

Last edited:
Dominatix (Thundurus) @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunder Wave
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice] / Grass Knot

I know this set might seem weird, but I've been able to do some work with this set. First of all, with Prankster T-Wave the opposing scarf user/speed demon will be crippled. Which is all fine and dandy, but I find that having Nasty Plot makes Thundurus a bit more deadly, and a bigger threat. For water teams, it is ABLE to make a big dent into their core, and can also do more itself with Twave. Ground makes it a tad harder to use, though with HP Ice/Gknot it's doable. The point of this set is to either predict a switch, and Twave them or set up NP, and go ham. Any remaining HP left makes Twave as a final resolution, a nice touch. I would've add more but I don't want to make this a super long read.

Last edited:

Dharma

komorebi
is a Top Artist
Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 8 Def / 184 SpD / 56 Spe
Careful Nature
- Roost
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Earthquake

Typical top percentage Gliscor. Gliscor, being neutral to Rock and immune to Electric, can be pivoted into with U-Turn. Toxic help against opposing stallers. Earthquake for that quality STAB. Taunt help the team against slow stallers or set up sweepers like Clefable. Though this option might compound Flying's Ice weakness, I feel we could do something about it in the future.

Last edited:
Results :

6Ti's Landorus - 4 Votes
average fella's Articuno - 2 Votes (This should win)
The Minimizer's Zapdos - 2 Votes
submindraikou's Landorus - 1 Vote
Hannibalism's Gliscor - 1 Vote

6ti's Lando will be the 2nd Pokemon of the team.
Tornadus-Therian @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 76 Atk / 180 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hurricane
- Superpower/ Focus Blast/ Heat Wave
- U-turn
- Taunt

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet / Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge / Knock Off

Also, you guys can submit your sets again. (please vote for Average next time.)

have fun submitting things ^^

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Taunt / Substitute

Gyarados is the perfect mega for this team. It is one of, if not the best, the greatest setup sweepers in the monotype metagame. It has the ability to sweep through fire, ground, rock and psychic if played well. With all this u turn and momentum gaining, Gyarados can be brought in multiple times, making it easier to clean late game and put greater offensive pressure. It also forms a nice dual intimidate core with Landorus-T, and resists Ice-type moves

Last edited:

iLlama

Nothing personal, I protect my people
Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Iron Head / Brave Bird / Defog
- Roost
- Whirlwind

An unconventional Skarmory set for an unconventional Flying team. Since Landorus-t is a physical beast for this team, I figured this team in general didn't need to rely on the generic sets. With access to Regenerator, Bulky Lando-t, and Skarm this team has a lot of options for mons to use as well as multiple play-styles through both balance and a stall-ier side.

Imma submit my Zapdos again as I'm to lazy to submit a different mon as it still fits the team well as it provides an essential defogger, the Volt of a VoltTurn Core and gives a check to Water teams that this team currently struggles with.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 152 SpD / 108 Spe
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch/Discharge/Thunderbolt
- Toxic
- Defog
- Roost

Quite simple, Torn does not want Rocks up as it hinders its Regenerator significantly. Zapdos is one of if not the best Defogger on Flying. Also, Lando likes how Zapdos helps deal with Water types. With this spread we Outspeed Jolly 70s afterwards maximising our HP(248 to take minimal damage from rocks) and SpDef. Defog because that is Zapdos' main job, Roost for Healing, Toxic to whittle down bulky mons, sometimes to put them in range of Tornadus. The Electric move is just up to preference, you can either have momentum in Switch, A good chance to Para in Discharge or a bit more damage in Thunderbolt.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6ti

Mantine @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 SpD
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Scald
- Air Slash / Toxic
- Toxic / Protect

Don't hurt me
The team right now is horribly weak to Ice and also doesn't take Special hits very well. Mantine fixes both of these problems. It's massive Special Defense helps take most special moves that Torn and Lando can't. Water Absorb lets Mantine switch into Water moves that can take down Lando, and it's typing doesn't make it weak to Ice, which both Torn and Lando are weak to. Mantine also provides Defog support, which is something we lack right now and on a Mono-Flying team, that's extremely important. It's Electric and Rock weaknesses are already covered by Lando as well as very powerful physical hits, which is certainly nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)