monomite's art thread

This is some of the most beautiful artwork I've seen in a while. Could I possible request a Clefairy (going for calm mind), a Quagsire (using curse), and a Malamar (going for a superpower), I might potentially use it for a RMT but it would also look really cool I think! ^_^ Thanks in advance if you decide to do it!

Vederation

Ascension
is an Artist Alumnus

You got some great artworks, but I personally LOVE this one. It looks so smooth yet so vibrant. The pink-ish brown background also works really well.
I like the way you play the blue colors for the ribbons and the ears. Well-done! I'll look forward for more.

TrainerSplash

Alolan Form
Your artwork has a strange "mystical" feel to them. They make me feel warm and happy, I don't know how to quite explain it. I really like your use of colors, try not to use gradients so much as a light source even for small images like, they can be done properly, but you're not really using shading for it and I feel like more shading and better use of the gradient could help make those pieces stand out a lot more. Loving the work man, keep it up!

TrainerSplash that's something really interesting and unexpected to know
about the gradients on the simple ones, it's about consuming less time. but i could try including a bit more shading on them, yes :) i'll give it a try on my next one, thank you!

Glad I was lead here by Smogon's Facebook page.

What I can definitely talk about is how you created your Dedenne. The way you designed it is great.

If you make a series of drawings/illustrations/shenanigans in the style of that Dedenne, you'd probably get a lot of notes/likes/etc. The cutesy style of it looks right up tumblr's alley to me.

Like, a big series of just Dedenne. Maybe all of those electric mice Pokemon and the such. Also, your designs could be really cool stickers too!

The Mega Lotad :o like that Raichu one? where it's a raichu that gets bullied
that's a really neat idea :) i would just need a bit more creativity /sob
ahh yes, those kind of drawings would fit on stickers

I'm really fond of your PotW Suicune (so brilliant and pretty) and the Dedenne in the OP (so round!). Agreed with others who've said your style is very clean and attractive.

OK... these are utterly dorbz and your skillz make me jelly! I've been dying to be able to pull off this stylized and cute-type fantasy style for a while. Love the way the simple shapes are so animated and alive by the curves and movement and how the color adds to every piece to give it atmosphere! Bravo! :>

Holy Moly. Your art is priceless, and seeing that there are people out there who draws this well kinda makes me feel like shit (well, I don't have a tablet so I have an excuse, but still). Keep up the good work man (or girl ?), all your stuff is amazing.

Litra

Desire Sensor's favorite plaything
is an Artist Alumnus
You have no idea how much I envy you yet at the same time, I adore the utter hell out your style. Lines are crisp as chips, coloring equally gorgeous... it is perfect. ^^

Pastelle

we're all star stuff
That Suicune is so stunning omg. I'm so impressed with your style and shading, its really awe-imspiring.
I also love the Choice Band Azumarill.

Keep up the great work fren

Last edited:
Oh man, that's a good bunch of team logos! The Cloyster and Ferrothorn ones would be my favorites, I love how they turned out. The only thing that could be changed would be to possibly go for a different font color for the Curitiba Gengars so the letters can stand out a bit more rather than blend in with the mon. Other than that, the clean, sharp line art and the style you use make for some really cool logos.

That Braviary sketch is looking good so far, keep those PotW illustrations coming n_n As always I'll be looking forward to more of your stuff, and I just cant stress this enough: I absolutely adore your style. Keep it up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)