• neutral

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • i like polls with 7 options

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Mageic Master

Banned deucer.
I think it's time to make an RMT with my favourite meta of all time: MnM. I used In The Hill's core of Toxapex and Kanga to jointly build this team with BaleBlaze. Without further ado, let's go into the team.

1529774810782.png
1529774840060.png

Toxapex @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Toxic
- Toxic Spikes
- Recover
- Payback

Kangaskhan-Mega @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 172 HP / 96 Atk / 240 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Crunch
- Fake Out
- Wish

We start the team with the core of Kanga + Pex which has proven to be very useful, as Toxapex is the best Tspikes setter in the meta (that was an accidental rhyme btw) and Kanghaskan-Mega utilizing its ability with seismic toss to easily break the likes of magearna, making it unable to switch in. With most mons badly poisoned, seismic toss completely wrecks most teams. Scrappy is to have the ability to beat any lunala leads with fake out to break its shield, followed by crunch (asuming they don't switch) with the speed to outspeed it. Toxapex can also bust lunala with STAB payback, and has max spd to tank and pressure whatever magearna throws at it.
1529774862354.png

Magearna @ Cameruptite
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet / Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt
- Trick room /Pain Split
- Calm Mind​
Speaking of Magearna, BaleBlaze suggested it with cameruptite as just a strong special attacker. I'm still not sure about the moves, and I think I should change the attacking moves to shadow ball and focus blast. Pain Split allows you to 1v1 blissey relatively reliably, and trick room, well, is a bit self explanatory. It can break almost anything (my toxapex is looking smug), and there's not really much else to say about it.

1529774881361.png

Celebi @ Blue Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Spe
Bold Nature
- Grass Knot
- Heal Bell
- Stealth Rock
- Recover

I have nothing else to say. At this point, the team was looking weak to Primal-Groudon, so I suggested the best check in the meta. This set checks Pdon 100% of the time (changing my set to shadow claw rn with max attack), and provides this team's rocks setter. Another handy thing about this set is that it provides Heal Bell support in case Kanga gets poisoned or something. Grass knot to deal some serious damage to Pdon, and if you don't know what recover is for, you ought to seriously re-examine your life.
1529773299371.png

Buzzwole @ Aggronite
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Lunge
- Roost
- Bulk Up
- Earthquake​

At this point, we both realized the team just gets bopped by setup kartana, so we had a polite argument about what to put. BaleBlaze suggested aggronite mew, and I suggested aggronite zygarde. He went with me, but when I was testing, it didn't really work out, so I changed to aggronite Buzzwole 30 secs ago. Buzzwole gets the crown of the best defensive wall in the metagame, which is a hard feat to complete. Lunge + Bulk Up + about 100000000000000000000000 defense makes it an INCREDIBLY difficult mon to physically beat.

1529773939964.png

Lunala @ Lunalium Z
Ability: Shadow Shield
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magic Coat
- Defog
- Moongeist Beam
- Psyshock

Last but by no means least, comes magic coat Lunala. The team was lacking a defogger by this point, and this set goes further than to just clear the battlefield: it bounces toxics, hazards, waves of thunder etc back to the opponent. It's more reliable than magic bounce, because mold breaker can't beat it, and can hit crazy hard with never-ending-nightmare. Shadow shield allows it to have bulk, while still being fast and hard-hitting. It's just basically another standard lunala set.

Toxapex @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Toxic
- Toxic Spikes
- Recover
- Payback

Kangaskhan-Mega @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 172 HP / 96 Atk / 240 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Crunch
- Fake Out
- Wish

Magearna @ Cameruptite
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt
- trickroompainsplit
- Calm Mind

Celebi @ Blue Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 220 Def / 40 Spe
Bold Nature
- Grass Knot
- Heal Bell
- Stealth Rock
- Recover

Buzzwole @ Aggronite
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Lunge
- Roost
- Bulk Up
- Earthquake

Lunala @ Lunalium Z
Ability: Shadow Shield
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magic Coat
- Defog
- Moongeist Beam
- Psyshock

Please rate.
I don't have a threatlist, because that's what I want established by raters.
Quantum Tesseract
Chazm

Just so you get an alert to rate.

Last edited:

Sectonia

But I set fire to the rain
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
I like to think that I have enough experience to be able to rate other people's teams
To start off, outside of Lunala, I can't see any way you're able to deal with the infamous defensive core that is Blissey + Buzzwole. Speaking of Lunala, to let me be completely frank, that Lunala set is shit. Defog without Leftovers is asking for it to be worn down really quick, and Lunalium without any way to boost is just asking for Menacing Moonraze Maelstrom to do little to bulky targets. Therefore, if I were to suggest a change, it would be either Leftovers -> Lunalium, or Calm Mind -> Defog. Either would go a long way to make the Lunala better.
Another issue I can see here is that if your opponent isn't inclined to bring Blissey + Buzzwole, Ho-oh + Blissey also works in walling this whole team while making the Lunala problem significantly worse. If the Ho-oh is running Sacred Fire + Brave Bird, it'll only need something to get rid of the Buzzwole before it begins to eat through your team. A Terrakion would go a long way towards beating both, and incidentally, would also appreciate the Toxic Spikes support. Coincidentally, it also becomes easier to deal with opposing Buzzwoles, as one Swords Dance immediately puts pressure on the Buzzwole to tank, and Terrakion is able to force this situation:
+2 252 Atk Adaptability Terrakion Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Buzzwole: 282-332 (67.4 - 79.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
This is Lucarionite Terrakion. However, I'm not sure where this can be inserted into the team.
Other RMTers more experienced at doing things like this should be able to figure out where to put the Pokemon. The core is definitely very neat, although it does struggle to handle any pokemon with 100+ base HP and cleric support, like Blissey or Zygarde-Complete.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)