MLB 2016

Yay for giving a (good, not great) player (with an injury history) on the wrong side of 30 a five year deal

Like the player, hate the contract.

We suck

Yay for giving a (good, not great) player (with an injury history) on the wrong side of 30 a five year deal

Like the player, hate the contract.

We suck
I'm assuming you mean Dexter Fowler.

If so, agree with you there, I was projecting $50-60 million, and four years. The Cardinals definitely overpaid for a good not great center fielder.

It's fairly evident that if Adam Eaton is one thing, he's extremely underrated in general across the baseball community... Yes, sellers market, ChiSox came out pretty good, but Eaton is a runs producer and a runs saver.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
It's fairly evident that if Adam Eaton is one thing, he's extremely underrated in general across the baseball community... Yes, sellers market, ChiSox came out pretty good, but Eaton is a runs producer and a runs saver.
He's an above average player, but that's a pretty ridiculous haul for an above average player.

ButteredToast I saw that he dropped a shit ton of weight and I'm happy for the guy. No one wants to be the butt of jokes across the league like that.
I'd look like Bartolo Colon if I got paid his salary and got to play Major League Baseball for a living. I just remember you making fun of him and was astonished by the hard work he put in. That's an unhealthy amount of weightloss though in my opinion. Like, if he could have gotten to that level what the heck has he been doing?

Trying to determine how viable the Jays' chances will be next season, minus Encarnacion but possibly with Bautista still in place. I waited twenty-two years to return to the playoffs man, I do not want to go through another drought like that.

Trying to determine how viable the Jays' chances will be next season, minus Encarnacion but possibly with Bautista still in place. I waited twenty-two years to return to the playoffs man, I do not want to go through another drought like that.
Blue Jays Right Now
Position Player Combined WAR per Steamer Projections = 20.0
Pitching Player Combined WAR per Steamer Projections = 15.2

Red Sox Right Now
Position Player Combined WAR per Steamer Projections = 23.4
Pitching Player Combined WAR per Steamer Projections = 21.0

Other news, according to projections, you're looking at wild card at the least. But this is obviously projections and a lot still is left in the offseason to add to rosters and for Tulo to get hurt.

I'm sure ButteredToast has already started draft prep
I have Catchers, First Base, and Second Base started. But by started I mean I have rudimentary rankings based on gut feelings and early projections. And that's mostly for my ESPN league not for ours. I'm just bored during the off season and some of my sources have been coming out with their first set of positional rankings and sleepers so I've only been reading and taking notes.

There are 16 days until Truck Day and 23 days until Ritchers and Catchers Report. Even for me, it's still way too early for baseball.

I have Catchers, First Base, and Second Base started. But by started I mean I have rudimentary rankings based on gut feelings and early projections. And that's mostly for my ESPN league not for ours. I'm just bored during the off season and some of my sources have been coming out with their first set of positional rankings and sleepers so I've only been reading and taking notes.

There are 16 days until Truck Day and 23 days until Ritchers and Catchers Report. Even for me, it's still way too early for baseball.
would you like to join the league i am hosting? only PS and smogon users allowed.

would you like to join the league i am hosting? only PS and smogon users allowed.
We have our annual Smogon Fantasy Baseball Keeper League that we'll be renewing in the end of February just as a heads up. If you're doing something that is separate than that, you can probably post the specs of the league (roto or h2h, stats used, redraft or keeper, MLB/ AL/NL only, number of teams) on here and you'll probably be able to nab some people. I know that Stallion and Del Rio played in another league together last year and might be up for it.

Me personally, I'm not ready to commit to anything right now because I'm already primed to go for two leagues. But I am interested in doing something else if it is different than what I'm use to.

Former Cleveland Indians infielder Andy Marte also passed away in a separate car accident earlier in the morning. It's just been a strange and sad couple of hours...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)