MLB 2015

All of the laws of momentum just went out the window with this first game. Though... I guess it's good to see that bullshit call and subsequent bullshit fansmanship not really become the story of the game.

Wow indeed...

Stallion man, it was an unbelievable year for you guys and your team was one game away from beating the undisputed top offense in baseball. Next year with Yu and some offseason acquisitions your team is going to be pretty set. If my bridge years were as good as this, I'd be real happy. You got nowhere to go but up provided your older players like Prince and Beltre can stay healthy and productive (and there is no signs that they won't.)

Fuck baseball
To be fair, the Rangers fought hard. It was a hard fought series by BOTH teams and they BOTH deserve to be in the ALCS had the Royals not been clutch at the wrong time in the reg. season. The Rangers' future looks bright man. No need to complain. At least you're not a Reds fan who needs to wait years before his team can even get a wild card despite a solid roster on paper.

Proud of my little Astros that could. Glad we got national coverage in the postseason and took down the Yankees.

Also, screw Greg Abbott.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Where are the people insulting Jays fans for throwing shit on the field? Where is the negative media coverage?

Outfield fly rule never 4get :pirate:
Considering how horrific it would have been to lose an elimination game in that fashion and the sheer elation when JB went yard i think we've been given a bit of slack.

First time in playoffs in 20 years, new fans, drunken fans, lack of precedent. If it happens again we'll be rightfully crucified but similarly I think there's enough mitigating factors the fans were rightfully derided but given essentially a free pass this time.

biggie

champ
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Considering how horrific it would have been to lose an elimination game in that fashion and the sheer elation when JB went yard i think we've been given a bit of slack.

First time in playoffs in 20 years, new fans, drunken fans, lack of precedent. If it happens again we'll be rightfully crucified but similarly I think there's enough mitigating factors the fans were rightfully derided but given essentially a free pass this time.
you fuckers threw beer at a baby. there should be no slack given.

Texas Cloverleaf

is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
you fuckers threw beer at a baby. there should be no slack given.
You should work in journalism with a statement that sensationalized.

Beer was thrown, a baby was at the game in the front row, the mother was scared for the child's safety.

Leaving aside the poor parenting choice, there is no evidence the child was ever hit or that its safety was affected beyond the hearing damage from the loud stadium. Live, on-air images showed no distress on the child or any indication of injury, the distress was entirely on the face of the mother.

It's unfortunate that a child's safety was compromised by some drunken individuals throwing beer, but to suggest that the act was intentional or the collective will of the crowd is disingenuous at best.

I am in fact grateful that there was no injury to any fan beyond annoyance at being covered in beer. It was an unfortunate event resulting from a unique moment, and I think my previous points stand as to why we've been given slack.

edit: http://news.nationalpost.com/sports...-toronto-blue-jays-game-charged-with-mischief

source for above via arresting officer

Last edited:
Leaving aside the poor parenting choice, there is no evidence the child was ever hit or that its safety was affected beyond the hearing damage from the loud stadium. Live, on-air images showed no distress on the child or any indication of injury, the distress was entirely on the face of the mother.
yeah no don't blame the mom at all in this

edit - not gonna drag this any further as it doesn't need any more posting on the subject but the insinuation, if not explicit, seemed pretty clear that you left some degree of fault on the part of the mother which should pretty obviously not be a part of the story

Last edited:

Texas Cloverleaf

yeah no don't blame the mom at all in this
I'm not blaming the mom; I have attributed no fault of the event to her. I suggested that her poor parenting choice (i.e. bringing a child to a massively loud place without hearing protection) was incidental to the result of a child's safety being put in danger.

In any case the mother's degree of fault has no bearing whatsoever on any of my prior assertions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)