Other Metagames Mixed Tier Team

I'm not opposed to switching the pokemon I have currently, but I'd really like to keep Zoroark and Whimsicott (they've saved me so many times that I kinda depend on them). Suggest pokemon from any tier you want as long as they're not legendaries.

P.S. I'm very fond of rarely used pokemon that work well but no one knows about.

Zoroark (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Illusion
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- U-turn
- Flamethrower
This is intended as a lead to break through guys that try to go for a sweep. For the passive guys, you set up nasty plot and go for the kill. It's a nice way to get a clean kill on a pokemon. Flamethrower helps him break through steel types that try to resist him, or guys like Lucario and Cobalion that try to pick up on Justified boost. U-turn is there to get him out of trouble if he's sent into a bad situation.

Toxicroak (F) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Ice Punch
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch
This guy is basically Zoroark's disguise and physical sweeper. Drain Punch + Black Sludge helps him to stay in the field a bit longer and it's a good STAB move. Gunk Shot is also a great STAB move with Ice Punch thrown in for coverage. Sucker Punch is there for pokemon that out speed him.

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Download
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SpD
Calm Nature
- Recover
- Tri Attack
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
Works as a mixed wall with eviolite. Recover makes sure he stays in the field for quite a while. Tri Attack is his STAB move, with bonus 20% status effect chance. Ice Beam can kill dragons and flying types while Toxic takes care of other walls.

Vaporeon (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 204 HP / 248 Def / 56 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Scald
- Roar/Protect?
- Heal Bell
Works as the team cleric with Heal Bell and Wish to help team mates or herself. Scald is STAB with 30% burn chance with Leftovers and Water Absorb for self healing. I'm not sure about the 3rd move slot. I'd like to have protect so I can save her on the next turn after wish, but without roar people could easily set up on me.

Whimsicott (F) @ Big Root
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Protect/Cotton Guard?
- Giga Drain
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
This is my very annoying staller. Basically she sets up leech seed and spams substitute while gaining extra HP boost from Big Root. If the opportunity arises (opponent switches out, misses, or doesn't attack) she uses giga drain for extra HP gain. I'm on the fence with the first move slot. Protect is good for saving her, but cotton guard will boost her defense stats quite a bit.

Sigilyph (M) @ Flame Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Cosmic Power
- Psycho Shift
- Roost
- Stored Power
The point of this set is to pass the burn from Flame Orb to the opponent with psycho shift. Then you start using or Cosmic Power for defense boosts. When low on HP use Roost to heal. Then use Stored Power to finish the opponent.

I'm thinking it might be lacking in bulk, but I think my two sweepers work together well since Toxicroak is the perfect disguise for Zoroark. My Whimsicott setup is a bit different but I'm really happy with it.

Welcome to smogon my man! This team is gonna need some major fixing! Don't worry, i'll leave in whimsicott and zoark but I might change the sets. Alright lets hop right into the rate!

Toxicroak - I know what you are doing. It's that verlisify toxicroac + zoark gimmick were the opposing player tries to use a psychic move but "oh no its actually zoark!" but that doesn't really work with so many nuetral coverage moves that hit both pretty well. I suggest you try and put breloom to work because it does everything that toxicroak can do and much more! It can work well with zoark because it has the ability to set up as well as spore and it gets STAB technician mach punch for some nice priorety.

Zoark - With this change we don't need set-up zoark anymore, which is why I recommend using the choice specs set. If you use it right it can end up doing big damage and can really fake out opposing players. It also gets poison coverage so it supports the change from toxicroak to breloom more.

Whimsicott - Trust me dude, this set doesn't work (anymore?) I think that if you wan't to use a team with zoark, a little support from the standard set is gonna help a whole lot. U-turn apon switches and really pull off some mind games with zoark if you want, but before that you can encore them into status attacks and then switch into the pokemon so they need to switch, and won't know if you put in zoark or something else! And of corse stun spore helps a whole lot because your team kind of lacks status :/

Sigilyph - Hey I spelled it right! This thing goes down so easily to almost any team! They will have there dark types to absorb the stored power and just spam there dark type STAB until it gets a critical hit! It's not very fast so it fears fast priority and critical hits. I think that instead you should use mega gardevoir! The type combo with zoark is pretty good if you ask me since players will often go for fighting type moves if you use focus blast on it, and you could use will-o-whisp on it OR calm mind, so you basically keep the same gimmick but with a pokemon that fits your team better!

Here is the finished team: http://pastebin.com/59LRcwND Enjoy!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)