M&M Mix and Mega

Chloe

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
NUPL Champion
[Source]

Right after I posted the suspect The Pokémon Company decided to release Sceptilite, Blazikenite and Swampertite. >_> Which is good but seriously, their timing couldn't be more perfect.

Also, Galladite, Gardevoirite, and Lopunnite are going to release within the next month or so as well, but judging by the release of the aforementioned three, it might be a bit longer.

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
[Source]

Right after I posted the suspect The Pokémon Company decided to release Sceptilite, Blazikenite and Swampertite. >_> Which is good but seriously, their timing couldn't be more perfect.

Also, Galladite, Gardevoirite, and Lopunnite are going to release within the next month or so as well, but judging by the release of the aforementioned three, it might be a bit longer.
With all these stones coming out are we likely to see the return of a one stone clause soon?

thesecondbest

Just Kidding I'm First
My opinion is ban pidgeotite + sleep. It basically turns all sleep moves into spore which i think is really what breaks skymin. sure it is powerful and everything but grass whistle is just dumb af and it would be managable without it (also darkrai could then be unbanned and gengar would be less of a problem etc)

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
Can you just slide Electrify into the banlist real quick kthx

I don't wanna put up with that bs immunity + boosting at high speeds.

Chloe.

EDIT: Okie I kinda didn't put any effort into this post at first because I didn't think there would be any controversy about banning Electrify so I'ma write more.

1) Electrify completely shuts down anything slower than Heliolisk without priority from doing anything other than boosting, healing, or setting hazards. A Heliolisk that predicts properly is essentially immortal versus stall or any team that doesn't have mons that can outspeed it. And Heliolisk @ Sceptilite hits base 134 speed, which is pretty damn good. It sorta reminds me of Aegislash in that we can essenitally treat it as being Electrified as necessary all the time (and for the Aegislash suspect last gen we treated it as always in the ideal forme rather than assuming one could outplay the Aegislash user).

2) Electrify adds nothing to the meta outside of its borked relationship with Sceptilite. Who uses Electrify besides for that lol?

3) While offense can handle Electrify pretty easily Heliolisk it completely shuts down basically all stall with it.

Last edited:
Can you just slide Electrify into the banlist real quick kthx

I don't wanna put up with that bs immunity + boosting at high speeds.

Chloe.
I mean, if you have an issue with heliolisk you can just run a bouncer, or a faster attacker, or a setup sweeper? Its super predictable, and really easy to beat - its like sleep, if sleep wasn't a good strategy and had even less distribution.

problem with helio is that it influences the entire course of the match simply by being present
there are certainly counters, but you can keep helio in the back pocket for most of the match and force your opponent to play around the threat it presents
add in teammates like absolite lele, pidgeotite deo-s, and gyaradosite shuckle, and even the counters that still work are in danger every turn they're active

Eli

any?
is a Battle Simulator Moderator
oh hey just noticed something, in the available mega stones thingy it says Kangaskhanite boosts Special Defense by 10 and Speed by 20, but it's actually Special Defense by 20 and Speed by 10

Chloe

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
NUPL Champion
On what? The team thing or Xerneas?
Xerneas obviously. Xerneas is not banworthy by any means. It remains a potent threat; however, the abundance of checks only make it really underwhelming in comparison to many other potent metagame threats. If Xerneas seems like an issue, it's definitely your team.

Also can we please stop with the one-liner posts. It clutters up the thread.

Eli

any?
is a Battle Simulator Moderator
Hmm Blazikenite did get pretty annoying since at a certain point all that could kill users of it was priority or maybe extremely bulky things, but I never saw a single Electrify Heliolisk so I don't really know much about it, what would you have needed to beat it?

You had to have priority or status/hit it on the switch to beat it, or PP stall it, which isn't as possible as it sounds because once it has a few boosts it can start launching base 149 Electric/Dragon coverage. Even moves like Roar are absorbed by Lightning Rod. While Atespeed sounds like an easy fix as Heliolisk is pretty fragile, one of our stones doesn't have a STAB user (Glalitite) and the other is resisted (Pinsirite), and once Heliolisk has really gotten going it's hard to stomach hits from it.

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
Hmm Blazikenite did get pretty annoying since at a certain point all that could kill users of it was priority or maybe extremely bulky things, but I never saw a single Electrify Heliolisk so I don't really know much about it, what would you have needed to beat it?
To beat Heliolisk you either needed priority, to outspeed it, Mold Breaker, or Lightningrod* (/Volt Absorb I think but there's no stone with that), because otherwise with proper prediction it could use Electrify every time you attacked and

*Trace also worked, which I think accounts for at least some of the recent talk in the Other Metas room about Alakazite.

This was honestly fine for offense, such as 99% of the Blazikenite meta, but Heliolisk absolutely killed stall or any relatively bulky playstyle, where everything invests in bulk and living hits rather than outspeeding, and the only stone it would ever run otherwise that beats Heliolisk is Gyarasosite.

Basically Heliolisk could make itself invincible to anything targeting it versus anything slower than it, and that's a problem when you have 130 something base speed.

Edit: Rip in ninja schpoonman :,)
Edit2: Quantum Tesseract, that was really not my impression. It has performed incredibly mediocrely (is that a word?) in every offensive matchup I've watched. Maybe that's just because Blazikenite existed and outspeeding it was no problem, butI really don't see how Heliolisk shuts down offense the same way it does stall. Maybe I underestimate its speed.

Last edited:
To beat Heliolisk you either needed priority, to outspeed it, Mold Breaker, or Lightningrod* (/Volt Absorb I think but there's no stone with that), because otherwise with proper prediction it could use Electrify every time you attacked and

*Trace also worked, which I think accounts for at least some of the recent talk in the Other Metas room about Alakazite.

This was honestly fine for offense, such as 99% of the Blazikenite meta, but Heliolisk absolutely killed stall or any relatively bulky playstyle, where everything invests in bulk and living hits rather than outspeeding, and the only stone it would ever run otherwise that beats Heliolisk is Gyarasosite.

Basically Heliolisk could make itself invincible to anything targeting it versus anything slower than it, and that's a problem when you have 130 something base speed.

Edit: Rip in ninja schpoonman :,)
Heliolisk couldnt touch stall or Balance at all. It was banned for its matchup versus offense.

Pinsirite or Glalitite, that's the question.

Let's compare them​

Pinsirite provides a Dragon/Flying type, which means Ground immunity, Electric neutrality, Ice double weakness (rip), Rock weakness and (lol) double resistance to Grass. He keeps its Dragon and Fairy weaknesses.
It gives a Flying-type Extreme Speed, which is obviously very important and a powerful Flying-type Return.
Losing its Ground type means that Thousand Arrows is no longer STABed
Pinsirite gives +30 Attack and solid bulk with +20 Defnse and +20 Special Defense. +20 Speed means that he outspeeds almost everything at +1.

In conclusion, Pinsirite Zygarde is a bulky Set Up Sweeper and an excellent -Ate speed user. But even with an immunity to Ground, he's weak to EdgeQuake coverage so he can't set up against Offensive PDon.

Here is the classic set of Pinsirite Zygarde

Zygarde @ Pinsirite
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly / Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage / Return / Substitute
- Dragon Dance​

Glalilite provides an Ice-type Extreme Speed, which is always useful. It also gives an Ice-type Return.
Zygarde keeps its Dragon / Ground type, so ESpeed and Return are not STABed. But in counterpart, he keeps its STABed Thousand Arrows, meaning that ESpeed and Return are less powerful but Thousand Arrows hit PDon and Magearna hard.
Glalite gives +40 Attack (10 more than Pinsirite) so it's... a lot. It also gives a +20 Speed.
It means that Glalilite gives more Attack but no (Special) Defense.

In conclusion, Glalitite provides more Attack and keeps Ground-Type for powerful Thousand Arrows, but have weaker ESpeeds.
He's less bulky but hits harder than Pinsirite Zygarde.

Here is the classic set of Glalitite Zygarde

Zygarde @ Glalitite
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly / Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage / Substitute
- Dragon Dance

Conclusion

Pinsirite Zygarde have a more powerful ESpeed and Return. He's also bulkier than Glalitite Zygarde.
Glalilite Zygarde hits harder with Thousand Arrows but have a weaker ESpeed. He also have +10 Attack.
If you want a bulky sweeper, then use Pinsirite Zygarde.
If you want an Ice-type ESpeed and a fast, hard-hitting sweeper, then use Glalitite Zygarde

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)