mind vs Mortus - a UU Warstory

Eo Ut Mortus

Elodin Smells
is a Programmeris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
When mind PMed me on Shoddy for a battle, I wasn't too keen on it. We’ve clashed for quite a while, and mind has ended up with a winning record against me. In our early battles, I usually had the upper hand, but recently, mind has easily destroyed me with his stall team. I’m talking 3 - 0, 4 - 0, 5 - 0. I can’t remember the last time I stood a chance against him; in fact, I’m starting to be unsure if I ever won against him.

Well, I've tried about every team I have in my reserve against him and concluded that I have a weakness to entry hazard based teams. However, I haven’t used this team against him. It’s terribly old, made before Venusaur, Weezing, and friends found themselves in UU.

I managed to hold my own against this formidable foe, but you’ll have to read on to find out the winner.

Note that I know some, but not all of mind’s team. Also, mind can probably guess most of the movesets of mine, because I’ve used some of the same Pokemon against him before.

Mind’s team:

My team:

Rules: Evasion Clause, OHKO Clause, Sleep Clause, Species Clause
Comments are omitted
Text will be in plain old black and white.
No nicknames
Leftovers will be omitted - they are on these Pokemon
-mind’s team: Steelix, Clefable, Mantine, Rotom, Hitmontop
-my team - Steelix, Mantine, Claydol
Other stuff (Stealth Rock, Life Orb, etc) will NOT be omitted. There aren’t that many references to them anyway.
-Even though we share 3 Pokemon, I don't think it will be hard to distinguish between them. If so, I will change it in some way.

Eo Ut Mortus sent out Steelix.
mind sent out Froslass.

I know his Froslass very well, and I really hate it. It is a suicide lead, but instead of Stealth Rock, it comes armed with Spikes. Its other moves are Destiny Bond, Shadow Ball, and Ice Beam. It is basically guaranteed to get Spikes down unless it’s up against an Electrode.

My Steelix's moveset is Stealth Rock/Earthquake/Stone Edge/Roar. Stone Edge isn’t my cup of tea, but I hadn’t known how useful Gyro Ball was at the time I made this team.

I have three choices: attack, Roar, set up rocks. Roar would enable me to scout his team, but not only do I already know it, chances are, it would not be useful in this game.

Like almost all suicide leads, mind’s Froslass bears a Focus Sash, so if I attacked, the best I would do would be to activate it. Stealth Rock could potentially accomplish the same thing, and you can’t really go wrong with free rocks.

Froslass used Spikes.
Spikes were scattered everywhere!
Spikes were scattered around the foe's team!
Steelix used Stealth Rock.
Pointed stones float in the air around your foe's team!

Here, I could attack. However, the last time I was in this scenario, mind brought in his spinner, an Intimidate Hitmontop.

I didn’t actually write this out during the battle, but this was my thought process behind my action.

If I attack, I have three potential outcome: A) Froslass lays down more Spikes and its sash is broken, B) mind’s spinner takes little damage, and my rocks are spun away, or C) Something comes in and takes damage.

If I Roar, these are the outcomes D) Froslass lays down more spikes, and the next time it comes in its sash is broken, providing I keep his spinner away, E) mind’s spinner is Roared away, and I cause residual damage to some other part of his team, or F) Something else comes in and is Roared away, and I again damage his team.

Outcome A isn’t as favorable as it might seem. After I attack, on the next turn, Froslass can Destiny Bond, taking down my full health Steelix, or just lay down a third layer of Spikes as it dies. Outcome B is obviously not good for me. Hitmontop will take hardly any damage and I will just lose my rocks. Outcome C is unlikely seeing as Hitmontop is a good enough switch-in, but mind can easily switch in something that won’t take much damage from Steelix’s mediocre attack.

The Roar outcomes have the potential to be the same as the Attacking outcomes. However, mind has no control of any of them, which is why I chose to Roar.

mind switched in Hitmontop.
Hitmontop's intimidate cut Steelix's attack!
Pointed stones dug into Hitmontop.
Hitmontop lost 6% of its health.
Steelix used Roar.
mind switched in Froslass.
Pointed stones dug into Froslass.
Froslass lost 25% of its health.

Froslass - 75%

This worked out great for me. Now I can KO Froslass. I doubt it will Destiny Bond, having only got one layer of Spikes down. I also don’t see Hitmontop switching in, seeing as I Roared the previous turn. Mind using Spikes here would be his least risky move for him.

Froslass used Spikes.
Spikes were scattered around the foe's team!
Steelix used Stone Edge.
It's super effective!
Froslass lost 52% of its health.

Froslass - 23%

Only now do I realized that I was Intimidated by Hitmontop. There is so much TechniTop love that many forget about Hitmontop’s other, and in my opinion, better, ability. One perk of Intimidate is how Clefable’s Façade is turned from a 2HKO to a 3HKO.

Anyway, I’m pretty sure Froslass will Destiny Bond, and at 23% it will get killed by Stealth Rock the next time it switches in.

Froslass used Destiny Bond.
Froslass is trying to take its foe with it!
Steelix used Roar.
mind switched in Steelix.
Pointed stones dug into Steelix.
Steelix lost 3% of its health.

I don’t like what my Roar brought out, but it‘s better than Hitmontop. I could Earthquake Steelix; I’m pretty sure he’s going to Stealth Rock anyway. But I choose to switch to my spinner.

Eo Ut Mortus switched in Claydol.

Steelix is obviously going to have to switch out. Claydol is the definition of a Steelix counter. Mind knows how vulnerable my team is to entry hazards, so he doesn’t want me to get a Rapid Spin off. Thus, I know he’s going to switch to a ghost.

mind switched in Rotom.
Pointed stones dug into Rotom.
Rotom lost 12% of its health.
Claydol used Psychic.
Rotom lost 41% of its health.

Rotom - 53%

114 SpA EVs pays off as I leave a huge dent in Rotom. From past matches, I know Rotom is a RestTalker…

Rotom used Will-o-wisp.
Claydol was burned!
Claydol used Psychic.
Rotom lost 38% of its health.
Claydol was hurt by its burn!
Claydol lost 12% of its health.

Claydol - 88%
Rotom - 21%

…that doesn’t have Shadow Ball. Mind is forced to try and wear down Claydol with Will-o-Wisp

Rotom used Rest.
Rotom fell asleep!
Rotom restored 79% of its health.
Claydol used Psychic.
Rotom lost 40% of its health.

Claydol - 82%
Rotom - 66%

Rotom is stitting at 66%, and he won’t wake up in time to Rest again before I destroy him. I go for the kill; I have 82% to spare.

mind switched in Clefable.
Pointed stones dug into Clefable.
Claydol used Psychic.
Clefable lost 24% of its health.

Claydol - 76%
Clefable - 82%

Of course, he switches. This Clefable is a Calm Minder, akin to mine, which I know from previous battles.

mind switched in Rotom.
Pointed stones dug into Rotom.
Rotom lost 12% of its health.
Claydol used Rapid Spin.
It doesn't affect Rotom...

Claydol - 70%
Rotom - 60%

I had a gut feeling mind was going to do that, but my hands are faster than my brain. Mind can’t let me Rapid Spin nor have Rotom die from Psychic, so he‘s going to try and keep switching while burn wears out Claydol. I keep going with the most obvious move; I feel that, sooner or later, mind will try to pull a fast one on me by leaving in a Pokemon.

mind switched in Mantine.
Pointed stones dug into Mantine.
Mantine lost 25% of its health.
Claydol used Psychic.
Mantine lost 17% of its health.

Claydol - 64%
Mantine - 64%

I plan to switch now. I don’t want to risk Mantine being faster than Claydol. Although my own Mantine isn’t, his being is certainly a possibility. Not to mention I don’t want to sacrifice Claydol just yet.

Eo Ut Mortus switched in Clefable (lvl 100 Clefable).
Clefable was hurt by Spikes!
Mantine used Surf.
Clefable was badly poisoned!

Clefable - 76%
Mantine - 70%

My Clefable is a CMFable, and it threatens Mantine with a 4x effective Thunderbolt. I want to get Claydol back into play. I plan to lure out Hitmontop with Steelix, so I make a somewhat risky and quite stupid switch to Steelix.

Eo Ut Mortus switched in Steelix.
Steelix was hurt by Spikes!
Steelix lost 19% of its health.
Pointed stones dug into Steelix.
Steelix lost 3% of its health.
Hitmontop's intimidate cut Steelix's attack!
Pointed stones dug into Hitmontop.
Hitmontop lost 6% of its health.

Steelix - 84%
Hitmontop - 94%

I wasn’t thinking well at that moment. Clefable is obvious Hitmontop bait, but for some reason, I expected his Clefable to come in.

Pointed stones dug into Claydol.
Claydol lost 6% of its health.
Hitmontop used Rapid Spin.
Hitmontop blew away the spikes!
Claydol lost 5% of its health.

Claydol - 52%
Hitmontop - 100%

My Stealth Rock is gone, which is not good. Froslass can now come back in to lay a third layer of Spikes or threaten KO’s with Destiny Bond. On the upside, I have control of this current situation, and if I choose the right move, I will dent or kill one of mind’s ghosts or get rid of mind’s entry hazards.

Looking at the situation from mind’s point of view, he can switch Clefable, Mantine, Rotom, or Froslass, Steelix in, or attack with Hitmontop. Attacking is a lose/lose situation for him, because he’s basically guaranteed to lose his Spikes/Rocks or lose Hitmontop.

Switching in Rotom requires less guesswork. He won’t die from a single Psychic, and I won’t be able to Rapid Spin. However, Rotom has exactly two turns of sleep left, and it would be very hard for it to last them out if Claydol knocked its HP down to ~20%.

Switching in Froslass wouldn’t be such a bad idea. After all, being a suicide lead, it is usually meant to die. However, Froslass has the ability to force Claydol out if it comes in on Rapid Spin, so its ability as a spin blocker could be quite vital, seeing as Rotom is helpless to Claydol.

Switching in Clefable or Steelix is probably unnecessary. Mantine takes the least damage from Claydol’s attacks, not to mention forces it out.

Mind doesn’t seem to be willing to sacrifice anything yet, so I Rapid Spin, sure that he will play conservatively.

Claydol used Rapid Spin.
Claydol blew away the spikes!
Mantine lost 2% of its health.

Claydol - 40%
Mantine - 74%

I predict right and am rewarded! This is a first for me, in all of my battles with mind, Spikes has always eaten my team alive.

Eo Ut Mortus switched in Clefable.
Mantine used Surf.
A critical hit!
Clefable lost 51% of its health.
Clefable is hurt by poison!

Clefable - 25%
Mantine - 80%

Hax rears its ugly head. Clefable should be able to survive a Surf of normal power and Softboiled back to full health.

Mantine used Surf.
A critical hit!
Clefable lost 44% of its health.
Eo Ut Mortus's Clefable fainted.

Clefable - 0%
Mantine - 86%

Score: 5 - 6 mind

Two crits?! That really annoys me, and I make a really rash move to dispose of Mantine.

Eo Ut Mortus switched in Leafeon.

When I said this team was pre-Weezing, this is why. Leafeon is no longer as threatening as it used to be now that Weezing is UU. Fortunately for me, mind’s team is an apple ready to be speared by my Eeveelution’s grassy blade.

Leafeon used Leaf Blade.
Mantine lost 73% of its health.
Leafeon lost 10% of its health.
Mantine used Ice Beam.
It's super effective!
Leafeon lost 62% of its health.
Mantine's leftovers restored its health a little!

Leafeon - 28%
Mantine - 19%

I’m surprised Ice Beam didn’t KO, thankfully, mind’s Mantine doesn’t use HP Flying like mine does. Leafeon can land three more blows on mind’s team before it withers.

Hitmontop's intimidate cut Leafeon's attack!
Leafeon used Leaf Blade.
Hitmontop lost 46% of its health.

Leafeon - 18%
Hitmontop - 60%

I do not know the full extent of Hitmontop’s moveset, but I am forced to switch, hoping he does not carry Pursuit. I doubt he is, considering he doesn’t have Technician.

Hitmontop used Mach Punch.
It's not very effective...
Claydol lost 7% of its health.
Hitmontop restored 6% of its health.

Claydol - 21%
Hitmontop - 66%

I figured mind would switch to Mantine here to try and Rest back to full health. I was ready for it, though.

Mantine - 25%
Leafeon - 18%

Mind should have switched to Clefable instead, and I capitalize greatly, much like internet spammers trying to get attention.

Leafeon used Leaf Blade.
Mantine lost 66% of its health.
mind's Mantine fainted.

Leafeon - 8%

Score: 5 - 5 tie

Hitmontop's intimidate cut Leafeon's attack!

Mind forces me to switch, threatening with a priority move.

Claydol - 8%
Hitmontop - 72%

I am unaware that Hitmontop is slower than me, and just use Earth Power for good measure, rather than Psychic. Mind knows Claydol is faster, of course, and switches.

Claydol used Earth Power.
Clefable's special defence was lowered.

Claydol - 2%
Clefable - 64%

Calm Mind, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, and Softboiled are his options. Mind shouldn’t expect me to switch Mantine in on him anytime soon, ruling Thunderbolt out. The other three options will not faze my special sweeper. I choose to keep Claydol as death fodder, for my attack could just be nullified by a Softboiled while burn finishes me off.

Eo Ut Mortus switched in Ninetales.
mind switched in Rotom.

Rotom - 66%

I suppose mind anticipated a switch to Steelix, or perhaps another Earth Power. This matchup is quite favorable for me. The Ninetales on my current team is Specs’d, but this one, on my old is a Nasty Plotter. I Fire Blast to hit something switching in hard.

Hitmontop's intimidate cut Ninetales's attack!
Ninetales used Fire Blast.
Hitmontop lost 61% of its health.
Ninetales lost 10% of its health.

Hitmontop - 17%
Ninetales - 90%

If only I were Specs’d, Hitmontop surely would have been killed. Now is the appropriate time to sacrifice Claydol.

Eo Ut Mortus's Claydol fainted.

Claydol - 0%
Hitmontop - 23%

Score: 4 - 5 mind

Claydol was a really powerful force in this battle, so it was unfortunate to see it go.

Well, I know so far Hitmontop’s moveset is Mach Punch and Rapid Spin. Unfortunately, I have no recollection of the other moves. I don’t want to risk it having Stone Edge, nor want Steelix to walk into a Close Combat. I send in Leafeon to kamikaze with a Quick Attack.

mind switched in Steelix.
Leafeon used Quick Attack.
Steelix lost 4% of its health.
Eo Ut Mortus's Leafeon fainted.

Score: 3 - 5 mind

Well, I guess it was a bit predictable. That and Steelix was mind’s safest switch in to Leafeon. This is a good opportunity for my other lethal sweeper, Ninetales, to re-enter the battle, though.

Note that Ninetales doesn’t have Hypnosis, even though I made this team before its accuracy was nerfed. Its third move is Dark Pulse.

Hitmontop's intimidate cut Ninetales's attack!
Hitmontop lost 64% of its health.
mind's Hitmontop fainted.

Hitmontop - 0%
Ninetales - 80%

Score: 3 - 4 mind

I was surprised mind chose to sacrifice Hitmontop. Steelix seemed more apt to me, not to mention Hitmontop had the potential to cause even more problems. Or so I thought.

Froslass - 23%

Destiny Bond, I’m sure, is coming. I switch in the Pokemon who I’m willing to trade for Froslass, the most useless one now.

Eo Ut Mortus switched in Mantine (lvl 100 Mantine ?).
Froslass used Destiny Bond.
Froslass is trying to take its foe with it!

Mind needs to keep Froslass. If it dies now, I will easily sweep his team with Ninetales.

Mantine used Surf.

Clefable - 46%

Clefable is most likely going to Softboiled for security, which gives me another free switch to Ninetales.

Clefable used Softboiled.
Clefable restored 50% of its health.

Ninetales - 80%
Clefable - 100%

Clefable will need to pull a Mantine to kill Ninetales before I kill it. I Nasty Plot so it won’t stall me out of Fire Blasts with Softboileds.

Ninetales used Nasty Plot.
Ninetales's special attack was sharply raised.
Clefable used Thunderbolt.
Ninetales lost 21% of its health.

Ninetales - 59%

Fire Blast will surely KO it now.

mind switched in Rotom (lvl 100 Rotom).
Rotom lost 173% of its health.
mind's Rotom fainted.

Ninetales - 49%

Score: 3 - 3 tie

Ninetales’s second victim is Rotom. Looking at the battle, Rotom doesn’t seem to have done much, but its presence and one Will-o-Wisp was all it was needed for.

Eo Ut Mortus switched in Mantine.
Froslass used Shadow Ball.
Mantine lost 17% of its health.

Mantine - 89%

A Shadow Ball rather than Destiny Bond doesn’t matter at all, Mantine can sponge hits from this Thunderbolt-less Froslass all day like…a sponge.

Mantine used Surf.

Mantine - 95%
Clefable - 82%

Ninetales is sitting at 49%. I will have to sacrifice something to Clefable in order and then switch in Ninetales rather than switch it in immediately. Why? Clefable’s Thunderbolt did 21% last time. If I switch Ninetales in on a Thunderbolt, it will be left with 28%. As I Nasty Plot, Clefable’s Thunderbolt will leave me with a mere 7%. Then mind can have one of his other remaining Pokemon take the Fire Blast. Ninetales will die to Life Orb recoil, and I will be unable to stop Clefable.

Eo Ut Mortus switched in Steelix.
It doesn't affect Steelix...

Steelix - 90%
Clefable - 88%

Unfortunately, I notice I am going to have a bit of a problem sacrificing without it getting any Calm Minds. First, I Stealth Rock, effectively killing Froslass.

Clefable used Ice Beam.
Steelix lost 20% of its health.

Steelix - 76%
Clefable - 94%

Clefable used Ice Beam.
Steelix lost 21% of its health.
Steelix used Roar.
Pointed stones dug into Froslass.
Froslass lost 25% of its health.
mind's Froslass fainted.

Steelix - 55%
Froslass - 0%

Score: 3 - 2 Eo Ut Mortus

It’s 3 - 2 now. I have my first lead of the battle, but I’m worried. I’m trying to predict his Calm Minds. One Calm Mind could easily doom me.

Reflecting on it, the right thing to do next turn was probably to switch in Ninetales. Ice Beam would leave me at about 39%. Ninetales would Nasty Plot while Clefable Thunderbolted, leaving me at 18%. Fire Blast would most likely KO. If Clefable Calm Minded on the switch instead, I could just switch back to Steelix and Roar it out. It would’ve brought me to this scenario, but at least I would have had a chance.

Clefable used Ice Beam.
Steelix lost 21% of its health.
Steelix used Roar.
mind switched in MindLix.
Pointed stones dug into MindLix.
MindLix lost 3% of its health.

MortLix - 34%

I hope it’s obvious which Steelix is whose.

MindLix is at full health. At this point, I knew it was inevitable. I had messed up. He would Stealth Rock, and it would be impossible for Ninetales to set up on Clefable. I panicked. I thought it was over…but it wasn’t.

MindLix used Earthquake.
It's super effective!
MortLix lost 32% of its health.
MortLix used Earthquake.
It's super effective!
MindLix lost 34% of its health.

MortLix - 8%
MindLix - 72%

Mind didn’t realize that the right move was Stealth Rock. I guess he was afraid of Ninetales switching in, which was valid. Unfortunately, I didn’t realize the right move was to switch to Mantine and force him to switch to Clefable while I switched in Ninetales.

Mind had the chance to remedy his mistake. And he took it, which made it impossible for me to fix mine - which was not forcing Steelix out before it set up Stealth Rock.

MindLix used Stealth Rock.
MortLix used Earthquake.
It's super effective!
MindLix lost 33% of its health.

MortLix - 14%
MindLix - 45%

MindLix used Earthquake.
It's super effective!
MortLix lost 32% of its health.
Eo Ut Mortus's MortLix fainted.

MortLix - 0%
MindLix - 51%

Score: 2 - 2 tie

Pointed stones dug into Ninetales.
Ninetales lost 25% of its health.
It's super effective!
Steelix lost 135% of its health.
mind's Steelix fainted.

Ninetales - 15%
Steelix - 0%

Score: 2 - 1 Eo Ut Mortus

It’s 2 to 1 me, but both mind and I know that the battle’s over.

Clefable lost 52% of its health.
Ninetales lost 21% of its health.
Eo Ut Mortus's Ninetales fainted.

Ninetales - 0%
Clefable - 54%

Score: 1 - 1 tie

Eo Ut Mortus switched in Mantine.
Pointed stones dug into Mantine.
Mantine lost 25% of its health.
Mantine used Surf.
Clefable lost 23% of its health.

Mantine - 76%
Clefable - 89%

Mantine used Surf.
Clefable used Calm Mind.
Clefable's special attack was raised.
Clefable's special defence was raised.

Mantine - 82%
Clefable - 71%

Wait, remember this?
Eo Ut Mortus switched in Clefable.
Mantine used Surf.
A critical hit!
Clefable lost 51% of its health.
Clefable is hurt by poison!

Mantine used Surf.
A critical hit!
Clefable lost 44% of its health.
Eo Ut Mortus's Clefable fainted.
Well, it’s the opposite situation right now, and it seems that luck has turned…

(Highlight below)

Mantine used Surf.
Clefable lost 15% of its health.

Mantine used Surf.
Clefable lost 15% of its health.
It's super effective!
Mantine lost 63% of its health.
Mantine is paralysed! It may be unable to move!

…on me again.

It's super effective!
Mantine lost 69% of its health.
Eo Ut Mortus's Mantine fainted.
mind wins!

We say our gg’s, and mind leaves again with a victory, but next time, next time shall be mine.

Props:
-mind for a great battle.
-All of my team for being useful
-Leafeon and Ninetales really tore through mind's team

Slops:
-Clefable was haxed to death and generally useless.
-Weezing is too prominent for me to be able to use this team.
-Froslass shouldn't know Spikes; it has no Spikes
-mind for always winning :/

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Great ending hahahaha. The pictures didn't work though so maybe fixing them?

Anyway kudos to both of you for a great battle!

Legacy Raider

sharpening his claws, slowly
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hahaha very entertaining warstory. Great battle and very well written, congrats.

Oh and there are 12 Pichu's smacking their asses at the start... you might want to fix that since it will help differentiate your's and mind's Clefable, Steelix and Mantine.

I love seeing ninetales ran a Nasty Plot sweep. Something about a 9-tailed kitsune thinking evil thoughts...then throwin down! Gives me chills! ^.^

Eo Ut Mortus

Elodin Smells
is a Programmeris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
The sprites show up for me just fine, but it was broken earlier, so I'll fix them. Thanks for all the comments so far.

Damn it Eo, why can't i have these epic battles against you, eh? Seems like LO relicanth always gets owned one way or another...

gec

pharos
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Great Warstory, Seriously. Thoroughly explained moves and great mindgames. Eo and Mind are my mennnnnn.

This battle reminds me of my own stallbattle with Mind, also in which he had a little hax the ruin the fun >_>

Good Job certainly an intresting read

lol great ending :P I enjoyed reading this warstory from two of the best UU Battlers I've played (not that I'm much to talk about when it comes to UU) Great Game and congratz dudes!

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Wow, this has got to be in the top 3% of warstories I've ever read (including my own) in terms of comment content. Plus I love no terrible colors, and the innovation of using "mindlix" and "mortlix" to differentiate. I'll steel that trick for a warstory someday. good job, you deserve the 5 stars.

This was a great warstory. I loved your comments much better than all those other warstories floating around with comments like "I decided to use thunderbolt because it will hurt his gyarados". Great job!

Interesting to see how you play differently against an opponent you are familiar with. It came down to the wire, a rather rare occurrence in UU, but it was very enjoyable to read. Please do write up another in the near-future.

Eo Ut Mortus

Elodin Smells
Now I can see the picture problems. Oh well. Fixed the random Clefables that weren't showing up on another computer.

Damn it Eo, why can't i have these epic battles against you, eh? Seems like LO relicanth always gets owned one way or another...
Ha, yeah, only until recently. I never even realized it was on your team at first.

Seriously, our battles are never as epic. They always turn into Mantine stallfests.
Pretty much, when Clefable dies Mantine always seems to be my downfall.

Wow, this has got to be in the top 3% of warstories I've ever read (including my own) in terms of comment content. Plus I love no terrible colors, and the innovation of using "mindlix" and "mortlix" to differentiate. I'll steel that trick for a warstory someday. good job, you deserve the 5 stars.
Thanks! I really enjoy your warstories so it means a lot to me to hear that. I wasn't sure if coining the Steelixes like that would work out, but I'm glad to see it did.

Nice story, shame about the hax, though.
Yeah, that was a bit unfortunate. I'm actually not sure if that would have changed the outcome that much because the presence of Clefable had the potential to give Hitmontop more free switch ins, and Claydol was growing lower on health.

And again, thanks to everyone who has read this so far!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)