SM OU Mimikyu Team

Hey, all! I'm getting back into the OU, slowly but surely, so I would love to get some second opinions on this team. Any kind of help would certainly be appreciated! :)

Mimikyu @ Life Orb
Ability: Disguise
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- Play Rough
- Shadow Sneak

Ah, my new favorite Pokemon! XD Mimikyu is the head honcho of this team and serves as a late-game physical sweeper. It does its job pretty well, getting a free Substitute among entry, Swords dancing, and taking out any remaining enemies with relative ease. Add to that that not a lot of OU mons have resistances to Mimikyu's STABs, and even if they do, the other teammates take care of it. Such as...

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 128 HP / 252 SpA / 128 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Magnezone is primarily used to trap any pesky Steel-types and take care of them, making Mimikyu's later sweep easier. Magnezone also threatens other Mimikyu checks such as Toxapex with Thunderbolt and is able to soften up defensive Pokémon thanks to Choice Specs. Magnezone also helps Garchomp by getting through physically defensive enemies or bulky Steel types like Skarmory and Celesteela.

Garchomp @ Groundium Z
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang
- Dragon Claw

The possibly-third member of this core(?) is another one of my favorite Pokemon, Garchomp. Usually the one picked after Magnezone Volt Switches, SD Groundium Z Garchomp helps Magnezone to break through Pokemon that can pose a threat to it like Chansey, Heatran, Alolan Marowak, etc. Garchomp is also a great choice in beating stall with the ability to clean up if they are weakened.

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 192 Def / 16 SpD / 52 Spe
Calm Nature
- Taunt
- Nature's Madness
- Moonblast
- Defog

Common OU Pokemon like Landorus-T and Mega Charizard X are a big problem to my main 3, so Tapu Fini helps provide a bit of support in that regard. 52 Speed IVs help it outspeed Landorus' Defensive variant, and Nature's Madness helps with any bulky Pokemon. It also shuts down hazard/status-laying Pokemon due to Misty Surge, Taunt, and Defog.

Alakazam-Mega @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Substitute

This team needed a bit more special strength, so why not one of the best special attackers for the mega slot? M-Alakazam comes in and wrecks everything with attacks that provide good coverage and can annoy weather team mons with Trace. It's pre-evolution Magic Guard also gives me a Pokemon to bring out without risk of hazards.

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earthquake

To be honest, this last member is a huge uncertainty for me. It's mostly just a filler slot that can most definitely be replaced. I really only chose it because this team is vulnerable to ground types, and Tangrowth can Knock Off any pesky items. I also needed a Pokemon more specially defensive, since every other one of my teammates is more offensive-based.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)