ORAS OU Metaphorical Music

Hello! With Sun and Moon coming around the corner I decided to show off one of my favorite teams of all time which I named after one of my favorite albums of all time. This team is revolving around Mega Alteria and a bait Jirachi meant to lure in Heatrans. Here is the team:

THE TEAM:

Kumomi (Altaria-Mega) @ Altarianite
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Cotton Guard
- Return
- Roost

In my opinion one of the most underrated megas with one of the most underrated sets. This set can win games by itself with how fat it is and how amazing fairy stab is. I run cotton guard because at +3 Mega Metagross only has a 6.2% chance to 2hko with meteor mash bar any attack raises or crits. This set can just completely wall non toxic tank chomps and switches into keldeo very easily. Alternatively you can run Facade over Return if you worry about getting burned but i like having as much power as possible off the bat.

Think Different (Jirachi) @ Apicot Berry
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Natural Gift
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

The good old bait Jirachi. With Apicot Berry it gets a base 100 ground type attack just like earthquake which just bodies Heatran which this lures in almost every time. If you're worried it wont kill just look at the calc below and never doubt me again. This pokemon is our stealth rocker and our main lati switch-in but we don't worry about that.

252+ Atk Apicot Berry Jirachi Natural Gift (100 BP Ground) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 384-452 (99.4 - 117%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

Next View (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thunder Wave

Standard Rotom is Standard. Gives the team the start of a nice volt turn core and I rather have twave over pain split for Lati-twins which are very common switch-ins to Rotom-w. Rotom-w gives the team a nice bird check and Lando check as well so its pretty neat for the team. We run enough speed to outspeed max speed Azu which could be a threat if its Belly Drum.

Highs 2 Lows (Landorus-Therian) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Superpower

Standard Scarf Lando to be a glue for the team. Gives us an electric immunity as well as a fast u-turner to complete the volt turn core. I run Superpower because of Mega Lopunny which could give the team issues if somehow Altaria dies. You can run knock off over SP if you think Chansey could be an issue which it very well can be.

Latitude (Latios) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Psyshock
- Defog

The team's defogger. It's standard latios with 3 attacks because I feel Psyshock is needed for the team just in case Azu Belly Drums. I run Surf to hurt Ttars and Heatrans that like switching into Latios. There's not much to say about Latios so onto the next one.

F.I.L.O (Magneton) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon

I know, its 2 Choice Scarfers but I feel like a Magneton is needed to trap those pesky Ferrothorns, Skarms, and Scizors. I'm more of a fan of Magneton than Magnezone cus Magneton outspeeds Pokemon like Weavile and Torn T. It also gives us a secondary steel stab for Fairies like Clefable.

Threatlist:

This thing if its T-wave Calm Mind I have to play around it and Flinch with Jirachi without it being T-Waved or Crit it with Jirachi/Magneton.

EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Cotton Guard
- Return
- Roost

Think Different (Jirachi) @ Apicot Berry
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Natural Gift
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Next View (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thunder Wave

Highs 2 Lows (Landorus-Therian) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Superpower

Latitude (Latios) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Psyshock
- Defog

F.I.L.O (Magneton) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon

I'm honestly disappointed your Altaria isn't Hyper Voice.

In all seriousness, I don't like how your team keeps momentum. Mega Altaria only supports itself, isn't

EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 92 SpD
Impish Nature
- Return
- Dragon Dance
- Cotton Guard
- Roost

28 Speed EVs are required to outrun Mega Lopunny and Manectric at +2, and to outrun maximum Speed Azumarill when unboosted. 252 HP / 136 Def / 92 SpD narrowly prevents KOs from some commonly feared, powerful attacks; for instance, Mega Altaria can't be 2HKOed by Choice Band Dragonite's Earthquake, Life Orb Thundurus's Hidden Power Ice, Mega Heracross's Rock Blast, and +1 Jolly Mega Charizard X's Flare Blitz, and it cannot be OHKOed by Jolly Mega Beedrill's Poison Jab and Azumarill's Play Rough.

So this is a relatively minor change, just to live stuff off the back so you can actually set up.
Bump the speed on Rotom from 44 to 56 because CB Tyrantitar is scary.

Now, for the things that change the fundamental structure. So your weak to both Scizor and Weavile, two things that this kind-of works around. SD defensive landorus makes it so you aren't setup bait for Defensive Mega Sciz and you have the speed to outrun modest volcanion with this set, and yes, I know you have mag, but u-turn exists. Slapping a choice scarf on Jirachi makes it able to revenge kill Weavile, so that's nice. I know this ruined the lure, but you kind of did that by making an RMT anyhow.

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 8 SpD / 88 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Ice Punch
- Healing Wish

That's all I can think at for the moment and I wish you a good laddering experience.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)