Metalheads United ;D

Might as well post a top 10 thrash list too.

Exodus - Bonded By Blood
Celtic Frost - Morbid Tales
Coroner - Mental Vortex
Sepultura - Beneath the Remains
Kreator - Coma of Souls
Forbidden - Forbidden Evil
Holy Moses - Finished With the Dogs
Dark Angel - Darkness Descends
Sadus - Illusions
Morbid Saint - Spectrum of Death

No order again. Annihilator - Never, Neverland and Gammacide - Victims of Science could probably qualify. Likely over Kreator - Coma of Souls or Morbid Saint - Spectrum of Death.

Any melodeath and/or prog fans here? Those are my favorite styles. Dream Theater is my all-time favorite band, and have been for 6 years. Other bands I like include Symphony X, Children of Bodom, Mercenary, Scar Symmetry, Soilwork, In Flames, Circus Maximus, Insomnium, and wayyyy too many other bands.

I don't have favorite bands. I best I can do is a top 5 of the week band list, because I just love all metal too much.

1. Slayer - I've been listening to Reign in Blood over and over again, and sometimes Show no mercy, and a little World Painted Blood every now and then.

2. Megadeth - Killing Is My Business... And Business Is Good, is probably the most addicting song to me as of this week. Peace Sells also frequently comes up on my iPod.

3. Children of Bodom - One of the best melodic death metal bands out there, IMO. Are you dead yet?, Somebody put something in my drink (cover), and Follow the Reaper are the main songs/albums I'm into this week.

4. Rammstein - I haven't really listened to them lately. But they keep coming up in my mind because I MISSED THEIR GODDAMN CONCERT AND I LIVE IN NEW YORK. HOW SAD AM I?! And I've been talking to my friend (also likes metal, hazzah!) about Rammstein.

5. Metallica - I put on the album Ride the Lightning whenever I get bored of the other bands I normally listen to. However, I really like the name "ride the lightning" (hence my username). It isn't my favorite song or anything, just a cool name.

I just picked up a ton of crap, a lot of it more recent stuff, and it's all deliciously metal as fuck

Ignivomous - Death Transmutation
Mutant Supremacy - Infinite Suffering
Adorior - Author of Incest
Bongripper - Satan Worshipping Doom
Weedeater - And Justice For Y'all, Sixteen Tons
Tribulation - The Horror
Bastard Priest - Under the Hammer of Destruction
Defeated Sanity - Chapters of Repugnance
Weapon - From the Devil's Tomb

Also got some stuff from Dismember, Inquisition, Eyehategod, High On Fire and Massacra. Lotta great stuff, if you're into death metal (and you fucking should be), and in some cases sludge and stoner metal, you should check at least some of this stuff out.

note for Inquisition: The vocals are about as hit or miss as vocals can possibly be, but the riffs...oh god the riffs are so good just give it a chance

Zero clue if there are any power metal fans here, but this year's helloween album was suprisingly good, and pretty heavy (well, heavy for it's genre anyway). The lyrics are pretty bad in places (legit quote: "if a mountain could talk, it would tell us a story") but that kinda comes with the power metal genre.

I love how nobody is including Clandestine in their death top 10's

and by love I mean you all suck at death metal

I love how nobody is including Clandestine in their death top 10's

and by love I mean you all suck at death metal
Left Hand Path > Clandestine. Latter is still good though.
Ive been hooked on the jam Jesus Hitler by Carnivore.
yes
Anyways, Black metal > Death metal.
nah

Destroyer 666 are pretty rad though: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wduVdhTqo7w

And Dissection and Enslaved. But I've been really digging D666 the last few days.

i'd go if it was Maryland Doomfest.

there's only like 3 bands on the whole roster that appeal to me at all though, so not worth the 10 hour round trip.

in other news, fans of The Ocean, Rinoa, The Dillinger Escape Plan, Black Sheep Wall, et cetera need to check out Name. their new album is really really good.

also just listened to Necrite's debut album and FUCK it pretty much blew me away. might make my top ten, and that's pretty incredible considering how little time i'm going to have to digest it. awesome atmospheric black metal married with funeral doom.

Anybody thinking of going to Maryland DeathFest?
Either going to that or France for Hellfest. I would just go to Maryland Deathfest, since it's closer, and I like the band roster a bit more, but one of my ebuddies is going to Hellfest and I'd rather see them than any band.

But anyway.

Death > Doom > Black.

Enslaved and Dissection beat out most if not all doom bands though, imo.

For me its,

Progressive = Death >>>>>>>> Doom = Black>>>>>>>> Thrash.

Progessive metal and death are win and them fused together is orgasmic.
Been showinlg alot of love to hip-hop lately so not heard much metal but what I did hear was some great fucking tech death.

Sickening Horror and Theory In Practice were Ace.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)